Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Irrigation Systems: Lawn Drip Irrigation: A few problems....

Communities > Forums > Irrigation Systems
bookmark
Forum: Irrigation SystemsReplies: 3, Views: 40
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 26, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #9139158

I had quite a bit of drip line left over after installing a system in my rose garden, so purely for kicks, I installed a system in my front yard. Yard is about 40' in width x 60' in length. I ran 2 lines down each side of the yard, and connected 6 equally spaced line to each end line. The system is on a timer, and does use a pressure regulator, filter, and backflow device, plus flush valves in 2 locations.
This works well, but I do get areas of thicker growth around the water lines, and when I mow, you can surely see the streaking where the lines are located. Any suggestions would be appreciated; the only solution I can think of is to double the number of lines across the yard, or possibly run the lines in a semi-circular manner every 10' or so (yes, that would take a lot of line) in order to more evenly distribute the water. That's the big problem with this system. I mainly did this because the front yard is relatively unshaded most of the day, and in these hot Texas summers, one has no yard if some measures aren't taken.

Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent
Click an image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Irrigation Systems Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Drip Irrigation Gardening TomK 40 Jun 26, 2014 5:51 PM
EZ cloner success stories skidbump 78 May 16, 2012 1:44 PM
Who has an Irrigation System birder17 27 Sep 25, 2014 1:59 PM
Irrigating/watering "cottage" garden lizzipa 16 Jun 10, 2011 5:37 PM
do rain barrels provide enough ooomph for drip irrigation? 6aseeder 15 Mar 26, 2011 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America