Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Peppers: Aspirin Treatment

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 1, Views: 80
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cactusman8
San Marcos, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 28, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9142048

I only recently discovered that amazing article by LariAnn dealing with the use of aspirin to stimulate an acquired immunity or resistance to various diseases in plants. So I'm planning to "inoculate" a variety of plants to see what happens. I'm curious as to what results other folks have had with this treatment.
smokemaster
North Hills, CA

May 28, 2012
9:32 PM

Post #9142608

A few years ago Aspirin was pushed as a treatment for helping plants fight or resist diseases.

If I remember right the whole thing started with using birch bark Tea as the treatment.
It has a chemical in it that , from what I remember was said to be aspirin.
Then I read elsewhere that it isn't just the aspirin stuff that prevented diseases but the combination of stuff in the bark tea that was supposed to work.

I've read several of peoples tests with using aspirin and it never seemed to do anything for their plants.
I've never read it hurt them either if used as directed-not too much,can burn plants.

Here they say aspirin works.

http://blog.pennlive.com/gardening/2009/12/aspirin_water_for_plant_diseas.html

For me,snd several others, it did nothing as far as we could tell.
The same thing in the picture is what brand the 99cent store sells.So I even used the same brand as pictured though I have no idea if it was used in the study...

It's also said to be a preventative,not a cure.

This message was edited May 28, 2012 8:34 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America