Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mid-South Gardening: Luncheon June 30, 2012 in North Little Rock, AR

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 134, Views: 751
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9142381

Date:June 30, 2012
Place: Our House
Time: 10:30ish until we eat all we can, laugh until our sides hurt, and get a door prize!

Please bring a dish and a door prize (around 10.00 dollars)

If you would like, Jeff and I will grill hamburgers and y'all can bring the sides and desserts...like baked beans, potato salad, slaw, grape salad (hint to Charlotte.) We will have a picnic indoors!

If you want to pot up some plants and bring them, great! I am certain we can find them a new home! Plus, you can walk around my yard and see if I have anything you want...mostly shade plants.

Foods:
Kim--Hamburgers, Buns, Cheese (American and Pepper Jack,) Mustard, Miracle Whip, and Paper Goods
Sandy--Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickles
KA--Potato Salad
Charlotte--Grandsons are coming so she will not be here :o( No Grape Salad!
Marilyn--Slaw or Brownies
Christine--German Chocolate Cake
Sarah--Baked Beans
Genna--?
Loretta--?

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012 8:41 PM

Thumbnail by duckmother
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9142506

I can bring potatoe salad. i should have some fresh new potatoes soon!! I definitelly have plenty of eggs for the potatoe salad.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9142539

Okay, I will put you down for potato salad.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 28, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9142556

OK I got the hint!!! Grape salad it is!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9144212

Woo Hoo!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

May 30, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9145486

I'll stop by KFC and pick up some slaw on my way down there--I think KFC makes good slaw.. Is that okay with you?
or maybe I'll bring some brownies--which would you rather me bring?
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9145542

If. And that's an if my tomatoes are coming along and I have a working kitchen I'll also make some salsa No promises. I hope I'm not without a kitchen too long
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9145552

Marilyn, you are coming from quite a distance, so bring whatever you want!

KA, I saw your post about your tomatoes...so what is/was wrong with them? I will not hold my breath but will keep my fingers crossed!

Y'all are more than welcome to pot up some plants or seeds and bring them with you. Anything that is not spoken for, I will make Holly take home! lol

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, if Charlotte would like to bring some of her "mighty" impatiens, I will take some! *HINT*

This message was edited May 30, 2012 9:57 PM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2012
8:04 PM

Post #9145563

Kim my mighty impatiens are once again taking off!!! They're just now really coming up but I'll have plenty to bring you! The stupid things are coming up among my daylilies! I've never planted them there!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9145804

ya'll need to go over to the tomatoe forum here and i got a post over there. Honestly some of those folks over there are pretty hateful with their comments. But I needed help. I didn't get it at that thread, but rather instead I got the help from the extension office, I really don't th ink I'll be asking for help on any thread here on dg, I'm sick to death of getting slammed on the canning thread or any other thread where I've asked questions and get answers like I get. I don'tk now, maybe it's just me . I need help not smart mouths.

Maybe i'm reading too much into those posts . I haven't said anything over there yet about their posts. it could just be me, i'm under stress lol
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2012
5:18 AM

Post #9145813

Ok, i went back and read over the thread, it's not all that bad, lol It must just be me then, but youcan read about what's goign on with the tomatoes there. i just think we used too much fertilizer manure and triple l3, I don't think it was the home remedy spray I used like others over there think it was. plants weren't affected by it till they were almost 2 foot tall which is weird, we used the fertilizer and manure from the very beginning, i imagine soil took time to have the reaction from too much fertilizer. now things are getting better though adn tomatoes are getting back to normal. which is what is important.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9145941

Kathy Ann a guy in our garden has the really bad curled leaves on his tomatoes. We have all been trying to figure out what is wrong. He has tomatoes on his plants and they are nice and tall. From googling we had decided it might be a water issue (too much or too inconsistent). But was glad to see your post on FB because I think he has the same problem. He bought some bagged manure a few weeks ago and put around his plants. He had already amended the soil and added the manure and he commented on how his plants really took off after he did that. But that's also when his tomato leaves started curling. I did a google search and discovered certain insecticides that animals may end up eating can cause leaf curl.

Now we have squash borer. I had a couple of squash plants that just didn't seem to be doing good. One looked so bad I just decided to pull it up. When I did I discovered the white borer in the vine! Then I got to looking around and found it in several other boxes. I put some Dipel dust out last night and I'm going back this morning to check my plants better and make sure I've got all the bad places taken care of!

I'll have to go over to the tomato forum and see what they had to say. I've been reading some stuff in the garden forum but haven't been to the tomato one.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2012
8:18 AM

Post #9146068

Sorry about that KA. You can ask any of us about your plants. Of course, I know zilch about veggies, trees, etc. Ask me about a duck, then I can help!

Yippee, gonna get mighty impatiens!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9148008

I'll bring German Chocolate cake!! I usually use the coconut pecan icing on them but if someone doesn't like that I'm sure I can improvise with some other flavor of icing, just let me know!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9148104

I love all of it! lol
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9148472

Every once in a while, I am really on the ball! I already have door prize ready and Charlotte's little gift that I forgot to take to her last luncheon. Will probably eat all of the hamburgers that I have, so I will need to get some more in a couple of weeks. Otherwise, I am ready! I am not a very good procrastinator...does it show? LOL
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 2, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9148726

Well, I am hoping to be there! I don't know of any conflicts that day except that Jessica has to work and wouldn't be able to come with me...which I know she won't be happy about! I will have to think a little bit to come up with something to bring, so if it is ok I will get back to you on that!

I was thinking about trying to root some of my pink butterfly bush that is doing so well, and possibly a few other things but I wasn't sure they would have time to root that quickly... can anyone tell me?

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Genna
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 2, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9148914

Pot up anything you would like, Genna. I have gotten and given plants that have not rooted...will not be the first time for most of us! Hope you can make it!
Sarah_Claire
Little Rock, AR

June 8, 2012
9:48 AM

Post #9156975

Sorry I haven't been good about following ya'll lately. I've been so busy, but logged on today and saw the next get together. I can bring baked beans, or anything else you think we would need (or want!).
We are 2 months behind in our data gathering here at work, so on the computer all day!!!! We go live with our electronic record the last week in June and I'll be ready for a celebration!!!!!!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 8, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9157122

Great, Sarah, I will put you down for BBs. You may bring anything you like...I am the only picky eater!! These other girls will anything you put in front of them...not that they are big eaters, but I wouldn't leave my hand in front of them for too long, you may end up with one less hand ;o))

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 8, 2012
1:44 PM

Post #9157229

You got that right Kim!
kjuddy
(karen) Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 9, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #9158566

Oh Kim don't think you are the only picky eater here - believe it or not I don't like coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, coconut, peas and a whole slew of other stuff. My DH's mom used to always say 'I made potato salad just for you' 30 years and she never could remember that I have NEVER liked potato salad - love mayo - love potatoes but just cannot stand potato salad. Coconut is by far the worst offender for me I just cannot stand even the scent of it - some cookies have coconut oil in them and I can tell from the very first bite - when I was a kid I would vomit anytime I had to eat coconut - I think it is the texture - it reminds me of hair and I have a huge hair aversion. UGH!!!

But I also like a lot of stuff like broccoli, cauliflower, okra, great northern beans (with sugar and ketchup on them) carrots because I grew up in the country and my parents raised a garden and canned and that is what we ate at every single meal so I have had everything from boiled okra to beets to polk salad and we ate whatever was on the table or else so the theory that you grow to love whatever you eat may not hold true for everyone:)

Several years ago my new years resolution was to try to eat food in a restaurant they way it came without asking for stuff to be left off and what I learned is that I like a lot of things I never thought I did so now if I find something I just do not like then I know I can feel good about saying leave that off but I still cannot stomach certain foods like that list above - I'm sure I COULD eat them but if given a chance to choose something else I'll take it for sure:)

Not sure if I'll get to come to the get-together but I hope I will - it'll be closer to time before I know for sure and I'll let you know as soon as I have my schedule together
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 9, 2012
8:49 PM

Post #9158741

Karen, I know what you mean about the texture of foods...I cannot stand for lettuce to rub across my teeth! There are several other foods that I feel the same about. Jeff is not a big fan of coconut, actually, seems like a lot of guys do not coconut. There are foods that I adore, too...potatoes, corn, okra, squash, carrots, most beans and most peas. Also most fruits. Just subtract most things green, and I usually like something on the table. If not, I always have an apple nearby!

I so hope you can join us...
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 13, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9163377

So what do ya'll want me to bring? If I can figure out a way to transport... I might could bring lettuce (I know Kim doesn't eat it), tomatoes, pickles, etc for burgers? and maybe a dessert? although I know we don't need a lot of sweets...

Also, I have attempted to root some Indigo Spires Salvias which seem to be putting on some new leaves so they look they are doing good. I also have some of the pink buddleia butterfly bush that seem to be rooting, but some are not. And, I am attempting some hot lips as well. I know a lot of you might already have these... it was just all I had that I thought might root in this heat. I did attempt some of my Peppermint Schnapps hibiscus, but I am pretty sure they are all toast!! Is anyone interested in any of these? Since this is an official swap, I didn't see a swap thread so I thought I would just mention them here.

Thanks!
Genna

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9163427

Genna I don't think this is an official swap. We are just getting together for lunch and if anyone has anything they want to bring they can.
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 13, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9163437

Sorry, meant to say because if WASN'T an official swap... just got in too big of a hurry while typing! :)
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9163443

Bring 'em, Genna. Holly will take home anything that is not grabbed by others. You decide what food/dish you want to bring. However, you have a long way to travel and we may have to start eating without you. I would hate for you to bring tomatoes, pickles, etc and hamburgers already eaten. Dessert may be the best choice...like cookies that we could nibble on while opening door prizes!

I just talked to Sandy and she is doing her birthday stuff that day. So we have our first cancellation.

Has anyone talked to Loretta lately? She usually comes to the luncheons but I have not gotten an answer here or on FB...

This message was edited Jun 13, 2012 10:09 AM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #9163449

I haven't talked to her but didn't she say the date would be good for her???
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #9163475

Well, Sandy just called and will make it after all. Genna, would you prefer Sandy bring pickles, etc? That way you don't have to rush to get here...
Sarah_Claire
Little Rock, AR

June 13, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9163503

I have not noticed anybody being a picky eater, as we ususally eat everything it seems! I probably don't notice because there are hardly ANY foods that I don't like!
It will be so good to see everybody.
If there is anything else you need me to bring Duckmother, just let me know.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9163685

I am not certain, Sarah. As the date gets closer, we may think of something. Unless you are talking about plants...bring whatever, they will find a new home!

I have diet soft drinks, lemonade, tea and bottled water. If anyone wants something with real sugar in it, they will have to bring it.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9164065

Unfortunately, I won't be rooting or digging or potting anything this season. I'm knee deep in all kinds of stuff here and haven't got much time to do anything extra. BUT, I do have this ee coming up in my strawberry bed, that I must move, as there are about l0 to 12 of them now, babies coming up like crazy, I have no idea what kind it is, but I need to get them out of there and will dig these and bring them to the luncheon if anybody wants them. Im' not digging them and bringing them if nobody wants them. If your going to be at the luncheon and want these. let me know & I will dig them, other wise, I'll let my neighbor come dig them and she can have them and I won't have to mess with them. I won't be moving them to another part of the yard cause it looks like they might be invasive lol.

Thumbnail by kathy_ann

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9164186

KA, let your neighbor do all of the work ;o) I will have ears if any are wanted...

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9164201

I must have the same thing! I've been digging and taking mine out to Wildwood! Luckily we just started a bog garden out there and needed EE's. Think I've supplied them enough!

I plan to bring Kim some impatiens. There may be a thing or two that I have in pots but don't plan to do a lot of digging myself. Seems I always have something in a pot!! If there is something in particular that I have that someone would like to have just let me know.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9164272

Ok I'll tell her to come get
Them. She'll be thrilled
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9164278

Yippee!! Impatiens!! I am so easy to please ;o))
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
3:40 AM

Post #9164519

Yes, I will be there. Don't know what I will bring to eat. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Loretta
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9164625

Okay, just making certain...bring whatever...plants too, if you want...
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 14, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #9164747

Charlotte, I would love a start of those mighty impatiens if you don't mind... well, guess I should ask if they will take the sun? I do have a little shade area I have started on with some rhododendrums, but don't have much else there currently.

Haven't seen Crissy post in a while, but if you are still planning on coming Crissy, I would love some of the mondarda that you said you were going to have to dig up anyway. I had two different ones but lost them both during the winter of last year...

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9164873

I have found that Charlotte's impatiens are happy anywhere! So, did you say okay for Sandy to bring lettuce, tomatoes, etc and you bring dessert? Yes, crissy is planning on coming. I believe she is visiting her dad...

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9164889

Well mine may live anywhere but impatiens are for the shade. They do require daily watering. Genna they are an annual and only come back if they happen to reseed. I've had mine so long they reseed. I don't rake anything out of my back flower beds and the soil is very soft and I think that's why they reseed. It's not normal that they reseed the way mine do.
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 14, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9164945

That is fine Kim. I will bring something ... :)
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9165129

Hi everyone, I'm here, I've been super stressed and busy! I had to leave my house as it is too stressful living with that, which I know he did on purpose, now he's saying that I abandoned the house, I took one weeks worth of clothes and some bathroom stuff, and I've been back every day for a little while gggrrrrrrr I may not be able to keep my house, it's up to the judge, which the prelim court date is July 20th. I'm staying at a co-workers house but it's for sale, she got an offer on it and she countered back but hasn't heard if they're going to counter or accept, so I may not be able to stay there much longer and I have no idea what I'm going to do if I have to leave there, but I'm sure I will figure it out!

Genna which is the mondarda? LOL!

I don't like cream cheese, total texture thing, I don't like collard greens either, that's a taste thing.

See y'all on the 30th!!

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
9:19 PM

Post #9165744

Christine, please do not feel like you have to bring a dish. With the stress you are under, you don't need anything else piled on top! Seems to me that a judge would be smarter than that...maybe he/she will be!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
10:37 PM

Post #9165793

Christine I second what Kim said!!!! You don't need anything else you need to stress over! We will have more than enough food!!

Sorry it is having to go to the judge! Hopefully you will get one that has some sense!!!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9166035

Oh No! LOL I'm bringing German Chocolate Cake, I've been craving it forever and I need some chocolate and have a great excuse to eat some cake! LOL!! I'm fine with cooking it, I can bake a cake anywhere lol!

I have Judge Robert Hertzfeld in Saline County, him and my atty get along really well and I think they're golf buddies so that helps. He does go by the book though so we'll see. I think I may have found someplace to go if I need to, found this on Craigslist yesterday and talked to him, he's in the middle of a nasty divorce too, I figure he must make good money to own this:

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/roo/3076071260.html
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
8:10 AM

Post #9166133

Well, just know you don't have to make anything. That way if you can't, we will still allow in the house. LOL So this guy is looking for a room mate? Did he say approx how much 1/2 of the utilities would be?
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 15, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9166358

I had a friend (male) who rented a room from a woman in NLR for several months a couple of years ago. I was shocked that people rent out rooms in their house, but apparently it has gotten fairly common! He had looked at several places before he picked the one that he ended up staying with. I think I would find it akward, but he said it worked out great and that it was a cheap way for him to live in NLR for a short period of time. He wasn't going to be there long enough to rent an apartment, plus the room rent was a LOT cheaper!

I know we couldn't find Alex an apartment for under 800 that was decent, so I am sure he is correct about it being cheaper than rent, and it least it looks like a nice neighborhood.

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9166489

No, he didn't say but now that my friend has her house in escrow as of tomorrow I have to leave. Lordy why is he being so difficult, funny how when the money is gone so is he, glad I spent it! HA!! I only make $1400 a month so I can't even get qualified for a decent apartment.

People have been renting rooms for years, it's great for a temporary thing, guess I'll call this guy again, ask him if I can meet him and see the house. Dang I can't afford this and there is cheaper but they all have multiple roommates and I don't want that.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9166577

My good friend rented a room in someone's house for almost 2 years while she was going through a divorce. She found it through one of her good friends who was friends with the lady she rented from. The lady lived in a over 4,000 sq ft house all by herself. My friend paid a $1,000 a month to her but while she had her own room and private bath in the room she actually had run of the entire house. She got to be good friends with the lady she was renting from. She would even have her grandchildren for the weekend or in the summer for longer and she would use other bedrooms for them. My friend had a big dog and the lady would also take care of her dog while she was at work or out of town. My friend didn't want to buy a house until her divorce was final and she knew exactly what she would have to spend on a house. So it worked great for both of them.

It's actually kinda like a Bed and Breakfast only longer term.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9169889

Wow Charlotte that's great for her! Maybe I'll find something like that!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9174032

Our time together is quickly approaching! Is anyone planning on bringing a friend or a guest? I want to make certain that I have plenty of burgers!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9174063

Got my door prize the other day. Just me - not bringing anyone. Debra is having her class reunion that weekend and she is the chairman.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9174078

Wow! I bet she is busy busy!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9174148

She is just super busy lately! I don't think I'm bringing anyone, I'll let you know if I am.

Dave mowed down my Hot Lips!!! I hope it comes back.
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 21, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #9174303

Crissy, I have attempted to root some... not sure if they are goin to make it though. The Indigo Spires salvia is looking great that I have rooting, but the hot lips is still pretty rough looking - but if they root I will bring you one.

My butterfly bushes were doing great that I was trying to root - even had new leaves growing but last night they all looked sickly... no idea why. Maybe they will bounce back today!

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 21, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9174412

Ok Genna, that would be awesome, thank you! I cut them to the ground late last fall and they came back up this spring, I did that the year before also. They were in full bloom, I can't believe he didn't see that. I hope so!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #9178967

I'm not going to be able to make it after all!!! My twin grandsons are coming to visit me this Wed and will be here over the weekend. Their mom just made the airline reservations today. They have a very busy schedule this summer and are fitting me in between other things and she had to wait to see how things were going to work out before she got them scheduled. She was actually able to get a good deal on tickets on such short notice.

I would bring them but don't think having lunch with a bunch of ladies talking about gardening is going to be real high on their list of things they would like to do!!! LOL Got to figure out some fun things to do that's not out in this terrible heat!

After they visit me they are going to Mexico on a mission trip. My son was hesitate to let them go at first but they have decided it will be safe in the area they are going.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9179051

I hate that you can't make it, but I truly understand. Those grands mean the world! Enjoy their visit!

Maybe I can stop by your house before you go to Mexico and grab some impatiens.

I hope someone will volunteer to make grape salad :o))

This message was edited Jun 24, 2012 7:21 PM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9179131

I'm not going to Mexico they are!! I'll be here until Aug 3. I'm going to Utah with the whole family then.

In other words, the kids are coming here Wed and will be here until the first part of next week. They are going home and then going to Mexico. I am meeting the whole family in Utah (actually flying into Las Vegas and meeting them there). Then they are renting a van and we are all going to drive to Utah and go canyoneering. They are going on up to Yellowstone but they are going to drop me off in Salt Lake City on their way up to Yellowstone and I'll fly back from LSC. Didn't want to leave Richard for 2 weeks.

The impatiens are flourishing! I'll taken some down to our neighborhood park and planted. Your welcome to stop by any time and get some. If you'll let me know when your coming I'll be glad to pull you up some and put in a can of water for you.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 25, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9179799

Oh Poo Charlotte! BUT you are going to have a blast with your grandsons!

Huh, grape salad, I have walnuts I'm never going to use...
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9182272

Holly is not coming either.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9182614

Boo hoo!! Will miss seeing you charlotte & holly. Darned i was wanting some grape salad and lemon blossoms. thought about those lemon blossoms today. lol

have fun with your grand kids charlotte. It's so hot out there, you guys becareful if you do anything outside.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #9183120

We will make certain they come to the next luncheon! lol

Does anyone need directions?
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #9183135

Well, I might have to bow out as well, my dad's having some issues and I'm being asked to go up there. I don't know yet though, I may not have to go.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #9183563

Do what is best, Crissy.

Okay, I am going to buy hamburgers tomorrow. I don't want to have way too many, so will you please tell me if you are coming.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9183632

ya'll should know I have decided to get out of the soap making business. I have a ton of soap left, but will no longer be making any more new batches, when it's gone it's gone. i won't be selling it cheaper to get rid of it, just as long as it takes i will keep selling it till it's gone. and sell off the supplies as well. i have to do something to free up my time. It's horrid that I stay so busy. This is one way i can definitely clear some room in my busy life.

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
2:26 PM

Post #9183729

WHAT? No more soap...Jeff will cry! What about body melts?

Are you for sure coming Saturday?
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9183825

I'm still coming Saturday, but I still don't know what I'm bringing to eat. I'll think of something.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9183941

I am for sure coming saturday also. Loretta, I'll bring your soap for you.

Kim, i am going to quit making the body melts and lipbalms also, I hve a post about it on fb.

If you decide to cancel because of lack of folks coming, let me know. we can always make it another weekend if you want to.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
6:02 PM

Post #9183950

I'm not planning on cancelling but I don't want a bunch of burgers left over. Will you please show/tell me how to make body melts. I cannot live without them!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
7:01 PM

Post #9184042

yes Kim I will, I have passed this info on to Kim but will not be able to pass it on to anybody else if Kim wants to share the info it will be left up to her . I'm out other business I passed on the body melt info. The soap recipe will not be passed on and neither will the Shea butter. It's simple enough to pull recipes off the net for the Shea butter. I have been swamped and haven't got time to make soap at all. I'm sorry if this disappoints anybody

This message was edited Jun 28, 2012 12:04 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #9184044

i'm sending you a fb message . lol so be sure to go check it, Is marilyn still coming?
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 28, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9184487

I am still hoping to come! I know I have to be in LR that day... but I am trying to work out something so that hopefully Leigh and Alex can make some progress while I am "partying" as they say... :) Don't have it resolved yet, because what needs to be done Saturday may not get far if I am not there to supervise. It is just painting - but it is an unusual area and I am trying to get them motivated to paint without me there. I definitely won't be able to stay long if I come - but I am still hoping to make it. Still don't know what to bring...

I can bake a pie? a fresh apple cake? cupcakes?? rocky road cake? Anything sound good to anyone?? I have tried to refrain from baking all the time, and eating sweets so it ALL sounds good to me and I sure don't need to make it all !!! :-)

KA - I need some of the shea butters and a couple of body melts... and I am like Kim ...can you please give me directions how to make it? Or is it something that makes hundreds of them? Obviously it would take a long time for me to use that many!!! I would love to make the soap too - and Jessi has been wanting to try it every since you gave that demo on it, but I think we need to cheat and use the premix stuff ! :)

Kim, what time are you planning to eat? I know most everyone is meeting at 10:30 but not sure I will be there by then. I need to get to Alex's and try to get them lined out on what to paint and where before i head that way. And can you please tell me what bank I turn by again? I think I will remember it when I see it - but need to make sure!

Genna
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #9184545

Kim plan on me being there, this is so up in the air it's unreal. If I end up going up to Joplin you'll have one hamburger too many, and I'll come over and eat it later. LOL!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9184746

Genna, any of the desserts that you mentioned sound spectacular. I did buy a few mini red velvet cupcakes today...just in case. The bank is US Bank. We will eat ...well, I guess when Jeff cooks the burgers...around 11:30.

Crissy, if you need or want to go please don't let our luncheon stop you. We will have another one soon!

KA, I told a friend that you were not going to make lip balms and she would like to know how many rosemary mint you have left...I will try to find out how many she wants by Saturday morning.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
10:07 AM

Post #9184755

I have edited my post above to Kim. It's up to Kim if she wants to pass on the body melt info. Seems I've had several requests for this info since I told him I'd pass that info on to her. I had to edit that post above there not for you Genna or anybody else in out luncheon group. But for other members of Dave's.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
10:21 AM

Post #9184776

I also am completely out of the african whipped Shea butter. Won't be selling that any more
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9184782

Awwww rats! When I start making them, I will let everyone know. I doubt it will be during the summer and/or before KA has sold all of hers. This is not a cheap hobby for sure...but then again, neither is collecting plants ;o))
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9184794

LOL That's just it Kim, I don't want to go, I can't afford it and I'm afraid my dad is going to want to come back with me, and I don't want that, I don't have a place to put him, heck I don't even have a place to put myself!

Poo, no more soaps! WWAAAAAAA!!!!!!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
11:09 AM

Post #9184866

OIC...what I meant to say was...you better be here missy crissy ;o))
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9184961

And guess what?? I will be with y'all!! WHEW thank goodness for nasty divorces and the inability to leave town because of them! LOL

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9185091

Sorry I'm going to miss all the fun! Grandsons and I are doing different things this year! Today we went to an auction. They had never been to one and really had fun. I bought a few things that I really didn't need (but didn't spend much money) just so they would have the fun of getting to bring something home. I told them it was up to them as how long we stayed. They actually stayed two hours which I thought was pretty good. We're going bowling tonight. Tomorrow we're going pawn shop hopping and then having lunch in Scott at the hubcap hamburger place. They've never been to a pawn shop before either. I'm broadening their horizons!! LOL

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9185142

Charlotte that's awesome! I love pawn shopping, you can find some really cool stuff in those.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9185581

Cotham's? I love their food!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #9185604

Yes Cotham's! Couldn't think of it before. We just got back from bowling and had some blackberry cobbler! I didn't do as bad as I thought I might considering I hadn't bowled in I don't remember how many years. One of the auctions shows came on tv tonight and they were like "yes" that's how it works. So excited that they had actually been to an auction! Got us a list of pawn shops to go to tomorrow!
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9185919

Sounds like tons of fun! I would tell you to by the toltec mounds while you are out that way, but it is sooo hot! I went outside at 7 this morning and started watering. It took about 1 1/2 hours and I already need another shower! Last night we worked in the yard and watered and the temp was 102! I certainly hope Mother Nature allows us to have some rain! Good thing Jeff is grilling the burgers tomorrow ;o)

I cannot wait to see everyone tomorrow! I have everything ready...I think. Charlotte, if you and the boys are over this way tomorrow and would like to stop by for dessert, come on!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9185939

WooHoooooo I gotta go home and bake that cake tonight! Don't let me forget, that wouldn't be good lol

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9185943

Kim we've been to Toltec before. All through the museum - walked all over the grounds - down to the lake. We were probably right at Holly's house. Trouble is they have been here every summer for a long time and we've done just about everything. They are in the true "teenage" years right now and have gotten too old to do some things. So I'm trying to think up some different things this year that will keep us out of this heat! They are not into heat! They used to get up early but like true teenagers they now sleep late.

They are so excited about going to the pawn shops!LOL They don't even have any pawn shops in their town. So this is a big deal for them! I have a list of about 5 we're going to today. They are all in North Little Rock. Most of the ones in Little Rock are in areas I don't want to go to!

We're going down to the Rivermarket Sat and don't know what we'll do yet from there.

Sat night I have tickets to Tim Hawkins. He does a comedy routine and sings.
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 29, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9185947

I still don't know what I am bringing... had meant to bring a fresh apple cake - and still might, but I would have preferred to have baked it last night because it always tastes better after it sits - but I forgot the apples at the store!! :( So I will see what I remember to pick up today! I have to go back to my sisters and water for her - that takes me over an hour, then I have to come home and water which is about an hour and half ... so it may boil down to time as well. I have about 15 more DLs that I HAVE to get in the ground tonight. Jessica and I were out till almost 9 planting some last night. I waited til later to go out because it was SO hot... but it has to get done!

I don't mean to be rude at all... but would it be ok with all ya'll if I just slipped away from Alex's long enough to eat with ya'll and then leave before the door prizes? I just don't have a lot of time,but I really want to see everybody and get at least a little buddy fix !! If this offends anyone, PLEASE tell me!!

Genna
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9185958

Charlotte can I have that list of pawn shops? I don't know them and I'm going to have some stuff to pawn after my divorce is final.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9186070

Kim I know Sarah will be there. Don't think she checks in here very often. I saw her Tues and she asked me for your address so she could plug it into her gps.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9186272

Genna I don't think anyone cares, a person has to eat, right??? LOL
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9186274

Genna, you do what you need to do...if you want to breeze in and out, feel free. Are you bringing a door prize? I want to make certain that you get one if you bring one. If you bring dessert, I am certain we will eat it...however, you don't have to bring anything. We always have lots of food.

Charlotte, there is a new zip line in hot springs, I saw the sign but could not tell if it went over the lake...have y'all been on that one? May not be worth the money but you might check to see if info in online. Thanks for giving Sarah address. Does she have my number just in case?
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 29, 2012
11:15 AM

Post #9186295

Hi, ya'll! I am definitely going to be there tomorrow, too! Got to get my "buddy fix" plus KA is bringing me some soaps, etc. and I think we ought to do something to her for quitting the soap making business--haven't figured out what just yet! ROFL
Sorry we won't be seeing Charlotte, Debra and any of the others who can't make it. Since it is a 3 hour drive, at least, I might not get there right at 10:30 so be sure to leave me something to eat! I am going to stop at KFC once I get to North Little Rock and pick up some cole slaw and I might even stop off in Conway and get some of those wonderful cream-cheese brownies from Ed's Bakery--if I have time, that is.

KA had asked me on FB if Al was coming with me but, unfortunately, no, he isn't. You girls will have to wait until a later time to meet my new hubby. He has a "shoot" at his gun club on Saturday and frankly, we have spent so much time together these last two months that I think both of us are ready to do our own thing for one day. :D
Don't get me wrong--I love being married again--Al is a great guy--but it never hurts to have a little time to yourself every so often and I can't think of a group of "girls" that I would rather spend time with.

See ya'll tomorrow!

This message was edited Jun 29, 2012 1:17 PM
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 29, 2012
11:57 AM

Post #9186339

Kim, I do not have a door prize yet... was going to try to pick up something I saw a few weeks ago on the way - but to save time I think I will just not participate in the door prize thing this time around. I love watching everyone open the door prizes and being a part of that ...but just this time in order to get to come, I will just pass on that part. I will try my best to be there by 11... and then I can visit for a while, eat, and then get back to work. I just want the chance to see everyone at least for a few moments - and of course, I love the chance to eat! :) I will bring a dessert... just not sure which one yet. Will see what mood I am in tonight when it is time to cook! :-)

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9186413

I am so glad you can make it, Marilyn. You bring whatever you want! There will be many times in the future for us to meet Al.

Okay, Genna, just didn't want to exclude you from anything.

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9186543

Genna, I got a rule, nothing goes into the ground after June around here, cause it won't make it til the following year if It has to be planted after that. so I keep it in pots all year since I have to water alot of pots, it's no problem watering a few more. leave them outside all winter and plant them in the spring. This works well for me. i have some things in pots now that I'll just keep out all winter and plant in the spring time. I can't imagine anything living that's planted right now.

Came home and sheet rock is almost up, you can see the rooms now!! looks fabulous!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9186597

Kathy Ann I kinda have the same rule. I always have something in pots that I haven't planted and I keep them all in the same place and they do fine through the winter. I'm like you can't imagine anything living that's planted in 105 degree weather!! As a matter of fact we had some gardenias someone had brought for us to plant at Wildwood. Our chairman tried to get us to plant them Tues morning. We all refused!!! So there wasn't any choice but to move them all to a spot where they will be watered by the sprinkler system. We'll put them out sometime this fall. No way they would have lived if we had planted them Tues.

So far today I've been to Cothams for burgers then I've been to 5 pawn shops and 2 music stores!! Taking them to Doe's for dinner tonight.

Marilyn glad you are going to make it. Sorry I want see you. I would have thought you are more than 3 hours away. I know I have to have my space from time to time. Can't do 24/7 every day!!!

I know you all will have a great time!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #9186725

Genna for what it's worth - which is not much!!! LOL Any daylily that I've gotten in the summer I've put in a pot and put in a shady spot and kept it watered good to get it acclimated and started growing before I actually put them in my bed. I treat them like something I'm trying to root. I always keep things I'm rooting in the shade.
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9186736

I have finally decided what I'm bringing to eat, Cave City watermelon and cantaloupe. They are so good this year,
the hot, dry weather makes them so sweet. Glad something likes the weather LOL

See you tomorrow

Loretta
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9186800

OH MY WORD< I can't tell you how i've wanted a cave city watermelon.!! BLESS you Loretta!! I'll be the first in line for watermelon lol See you ladies tomorrow. what time is it? anybody know what time Hobby lobby opens? I'm missing a D to this project i'm going to make for the dining room, here's a llink to what it looks like. of course I'll change the name on it. Also going to make another project for the other wall. but I don't have the picture on my computer , it's on my cell phone. http://pinterest.com/pin/63191200992056405/ and I am using these style letters, and couldn't get the letter D so I have to go back and get it. http://www.mpiwood.com/6_Kids_Curly_Style_Baltic_Birch_Upper_Case_p/kidbb601.htm
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9186802

I can't remember if I bought 6 or 8 inch letters. I'll have to go measure. i was going to buy the D on line , but shipping was 11.95 for a 2.99 letter.
gen2026
Camden, AR

June 29, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9186865

Sheetrock always makes such a big difference! I remember when we were building the house and we had worked for months putting in wiring, and all types of stuff to get ready for the sheetrock. Our friend who did the sheetrock came to start it while Leigh was in Dallas for training and I he happened to call me the first evening when I came to look at what David had done on the first day. Leigh asked how it looked and I said it finally looked like a house - but it looked like David had done a lot of work in a day that we hadn't done in MONTHS! :) It was the same thing when we got the new sheetrock in Alex's bathroom that had to be gutted - only took them a few hours but boy did it change to looks of things! So glad they are moving so quickly on it KA - I know you will be glad to have your kitchen back!

I am bringing a fresh apple cake - but I am just issuing a fair warning that I am not sure how good it will be. I was outside and Jessi didnt check the cake - she just checked the timer and I think it over cooked a little Hopefully it will be ok !!!

I have some indigo spires salvia that has rooted well. Should I bring them? I know it is SOOO hot, and the other things (the hot lips and the butterfly bush) are not established enough to bring... so I can just keep them all until fall if ya'll want. I know Holly won't be there - so I didn't want to have to haul plants both ways in the heat. SURELY we will have a fall plant swap somewhere???

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
7:36 PM

Post #9186906

Yummy, Loretta.

KA, Hob Lob opens at 9am. If you want to go after the party, I will go with you and look at sale items...or we all can go ;o))

If you bring 'em, Genna, I will get them to her or keep 'em and she can get them this fall. What ever you want to do...I have some EEs and peacock fern (of course) but y'all are welcome to divide just about anything. Or you can tell me what you want and I will pot it up before next RU
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
5:50 AM

Post #9187207

sounds good kim. I'll go by afterwards . See u soon.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9187450

Girls here! Having a great time! Miss all you!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9187508

Somebody eat some watermelon for me!!! My favorite summer food!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #9187755

Watermelon was good!! I should have gotten Loretta to bring me one, I didn't think about it. We had a great time as usual. !! Thanks Kim for having us. You missed a fun time Charlotte!! Hope to see you next time around. i left your soap at Kim's make sure you check to see if Geoff has been in it lol
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
1:58 PM

Post #9187760

, I came home and kissed Danny , said I was home, he said, GOOD, I'm tired of sleeping. He had done nothing but sleep . lol. He must have needed it. i remember what genna said about nothing getting done unless she's there to crack the whip. lol
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9188127

What soap? I don't remember any soap for Charlotte! lol

I am so glad all of you were able to make it. We did have a wonderful time and ate a lot! We always have so much food but it is all so good, I would not want it any other way. I did splurge a little bit but not too bad. Already exercised (boring!) and watered. Surely that worked off some it ;o))

KA, thank you so much for all the goodies! I have already divided the lip balms, put the body melts in the fridge and hid a few bars of soap for myself! Potato washing is next. I cannot wait to tell Jeff that Danny was sleeping on the job...I have caught Jeff doing the same thing!

Marilyn, left her butterfly bush. I have not decided if I am going to keep or give it to her...nah, I don't have any sun.

After we hugged, laughed, ate and open door prizes, Marilyn, KA, Crissy, Sarah, and I went to Hobby Lobby. Sarah and Crissy were the only two really good ones; they did not spend a dime! The rest of us found several things on sale!

We certainly missed all of you and hope your ears were burning because we did mention each of you several times! Sandra, I did hug and tell everyone hi from you.

I will try to post pix tomorrow...first I promised I would photo shop each one. LOL Luckily, I was taking the pictures, so none of me!!!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9188171

That's ashame we have none of you Kim, You look Fabulous!! i hope you feel good too. cause you certainly look great!! Your skinnier than me now dang it!! I better get on the ball.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #9188192

Thanks, KA, but I am not skinnier than you! I have always felt great even before all of this crud started! The only thing that I crave is potatoes. I have had some form with every meal my entire life. I still have one every few days or really small pieces (like new potato size) 4-5 days a week...as long as my sugar stays down!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9188208

Well, you be careful with those potatoes I brought you, i don't want to be the blame for you slipping ;0)

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9188249

Missed seeing everybody today!! Can't wait to see pictures!! We've been on the go as usual. Just got back from a comedy show that was held at our church. Not anything to do with our church - just held there. The boys really enjoyed it.
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
8:19 PM

Post #9188250

LOL Never. I am to blame if I eat too much!

Glad you are enjoying the boys!

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012 10:20 PM
gen2026
Camden, AR

July 1, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #9188860

Kim, you do look great! Thanks so much for letting us bombarde your home! Geoff did a great job on those burgers and I meant to tell him so again before I left - so please pass that on! I ran by HL on my way back to Alex's to pick up something that Jessica needed...had a really difficult time locating it and didn't get much help so I am surprised I didn't meet ya'll as i was headed out. I was right on the painting... Leigh had painted about half of an area in Alex's garage where a door had been taken out and we had replaced the siding... but he did manage to disconnect an outside spotlight and give it its own switch so I guess I can't complain too bad. Alex and Kyle spent all day rearranging those two rooms and moving all the furniture just like Alex wanted it - but it did look nice when we left. I did manage to get quite a bit of trim painted when I got back - and got one side of 4 doors completed. I will paint the other side of all 4 either on the 4th or next Saturday...whenever our next trip is!

It was SOOOO wonderful to get to see everyone! It has been TOO long! I sure hope we are all able to find a time when a big group of us can get together this fall and spend more time together.

Thanks again Kim for hosting great luncheon and for the cute shovel and gloves!!

Genna
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9188907

Thanks, Genna, but you have lost more than I have! I am so glad you were able to run by for a bite and a visit! I really enjoy hosting!! I will remind Geoff how great the burgers were and how much is grilling in the 100 degrees was appreciated. You're very welcome for the goodies, just a little something for everyone to remember the event.

I did not get to edit pix much, so mostly pictures will capture your natural beauty! If anyone cannot see them, I will also post on FB.

Everyone just got here...patiently waiting the cook to cook ;o)

Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #9188909

All stuffed...we had tons of food and it was all delicious!!!

Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9188910

The cutest cook that lives here ;o))

Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:11 PM

Post #9188913

Door Prize Time!

Sarah got a frog and flower spatula. Let me know if it works, Sarah.

Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9188915

Kathy Ann got 2 GIANT coffee mugs...okay they are small planters.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2012 6:51 PM

Thumbnail by duckmother   Thumbnail by duckmother
Click an image for an enlarged view.

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:15 PM

Post #9188924

Marilyn got a big coffee mug, too ;o)) Also a wind chime, violet and a box of miracle grow.

Thumbnail by duckmother   Thumbnail by duckmother   Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #9188926

Crissy got a gardening book and a gardening sign for when she gets her new house!

Thumbnail by duckmother   Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9188928

Loretta got a birdbath/feeder.

Thumbnail by duckmother

duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9188934

And my friend, Sandy, which is not a gardener but does love birds; got a boot birdhouse and 2 bars of KA's soap. One was the last bar of gardeners soap KA had...I may have to steal it from Sandy! Then off to Hobby Lobby we went...

Thumbnail by duckmother

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9189288

Everyone looks great! Sorry I missed seeing everyone but I've had a great week my grandsons!! They leave at 6:15 pm tomorrow so we have time to do some stuff tomorrow. I feel so fortunate that they do truly enjoy spending time with me. Even through they live all the way across the country I probably get to spend almost as much time with them as folks who have grandkids that live close by Rather than seeing them for an hour or so, I get to spend lots of one on one time with them. I'll be with the whole family for a week in August!

Looking forward to our next get together!

Can you all believe this weather! We thought we had a hot summer last year! This terrible heat started in June this year - don't see any relief in sight!! We may not have any plants to garden with if this keeps up!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2012
4:07 AM

Post #9189512

I'm glad you are having fun with your grandkids Charlotte. I hope to be as fortunate as you with my future grandkids. I have to pull a few fingers and put them in pots because I can't keep them watered enough. I hope this helps. I have already lost quite a few things.
gen2026
Camden, AR

July 2, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9190139

Charlotte you are blessed to get to spend so much quality time with them! I sure pray that I get to spoil my grandkids and spend lots of time with them if I ever get any!! :)

Yesterday evening I left my house about 5:30 headed to my sister's house to do her watering...and when I pulled out of my driveway the temp in my vehicle was reading 106!!! IT was sweltering outside! By the time I had driven about 5 miles, raindrops started hitting the windshield and the temp had dropped 15 !!! degrees. I couldn't believe it! By the time I reached her house, the temp had dropped to 86 and it felt NICE! Amazing how quickly it dropped and how good 86 felt! We spent over an hour watering at her house, and then came back home and watered too - but at least the temperature was so much nicer! I am hopeful since it rained on the 1st that July will bring more rain...we got a little sprinkle this morning and the temps are still pretty nice! It is such a relief to the extreme heat of the past couple of weeks!!

Genna

crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #9191431

Genna you lucky dog, we got no rain up here and it's still just as hot. BLAH! It was great seeing you girl!!

Now it looked to me like everyone has lost weight!!
gen2026
Camden, AR

July 3, 2012
11:07 AM

Post #9191433

Our rain didn't amount to enough to settle the dust but the drop in temperature was wonderful! Yesterday was a LOT better as well... today, it is getting pretty warm out there again!

Was good to see you too Crissy! Hope you get your issues resolved soon and can get back to your home!
Genna
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 3, 2012
11:55 AM

Post #9191479

Thanks for hosting us, Kim and Geoff! Geoff is a really good sport to stick around and cook for his "harem". I'm sure any man would love to be flipping burgers in this heat for his wife's gardening friends! LOL

It was great to see everybody again--it's been too long! It took me four hours to get down to Kim's and only 3 1/2 hours to get back home. Of course, I didn't get behind any slowpokes on the way home plus I didn't detour by Ed's Bakery in Conway on the way home, either. :o) I did, however, eat two cream cheese brownies and two of those mini-cupcakes on the way home. Talk about pigging out! "burp" (big grin here)

We haven't had a drop of rain but, listen, do I hear thunder in the distance? Sure hope the rain makes it over our way!

I do have a couple photos of Kim on my Iphone which I will try to post on Facebook. My Iphone is very slow here at the house in spite of the fact that there are about 5 cell phone towers within a few miles of us in any direction. grrrrr

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9191766

Marilyn I have a photo transfer app on my iphone and I love it!! Use it all the time. I told Sandra about it and she got it and really likes it. All you have to do is open the app on your phone, select the photos you want to download and it will give you an address to put in the address bar and it does the download in seconds. Once you get it downloaded you can edit if you want. Well worth the 2.99.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-transfer-app/id365152940?mt=8
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9191991

I keep thinking I'm gonna get that app, but for now I'll just plug my ipod up to the puter and download my photos that way, you can do that too Marilyn.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

July 3, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9192014

You can even upload photos from your computer to your iphone.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America