Photo by Melody

Insect and Spider Identification: What are these tiny black bugs?

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 0, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
neznaeshta
Phoenix, AZ

May 29, 2012
12:29 AM

Post #9142642

In the last few days have come some kind of tiny black bugs, they look like beetles. I was able to take good photos of them but have not haad any success finding anything like them on internet. In general, they are attracted to water. They come around the sinks, in the bathtub, they hide in crevices and cracks in the kitchen walls and cabinets. I have been killing them all the time, but they are endless. I cannot keep our bathtub always dry, neither the sinks. They move slowly and are easy to kill and smash, but they are driving me nuts. I have no idea what their source of food is, but I got rid of everything that had an open package, flour, potatoes, anything. All of my food is in airtight containers now and I think they might come from the drain, but it doesn't make sense for them to come up, the drain would have water too. They also reach the ceiling and go inside one of our lamps and just hang out there. Also in the fan in the bathroom. They are so tiny, so I enlarged the photos, but there is one with a penny for comparison. Help please :(

Thumbnail by neznaeshta   Thumbnail by neznaeshta   Thumbnail by neznaeshta   Thumbnail by neznaeshta   Thumbnail by neznaeshta
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America