Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Fuchsias: phytotoxicity ??

Communities > Forums > Fuchsias
bookmark
Forum: FuchsiasReplies: 2, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Chiefers53
United States

May 31, 2012
1:17 AM

Post #9145690

Starting to see some deformities in the new growth on my Dark Eyes :-( They were transplanted about three weeks ago.I first used homemade garlic spray...but first did a 24 hr test sample on a small part of one plant and there was no reaction...then five days later I sprayed them with neem oil. I also trimmed back two sets of leaves per branch to make it bushier. What should I do next? Should I cut off the bad leaves? I'm trying to up load a picture too. Thx!

This message was edited May 31, 2012 2:36 AM
PedricksCorner
Freedom, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 2, 2012
11:55 PM

Post #9149881

If you are doing battle with the gall mite, then it is also very important to feed on a regular schedule. Use half strentgh solutions of fertilizer and feed every 7 days. You need to use a spray that can kill the mites. It will be worth it. Dark Eyes is a hanging basket, isn't it? I only collect upright fuchsias.
Chiefers53
United States

June 5, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9154021

Yes it is in a hanging basket...but what kind of spray for mites would you recommend? Today I found a baby worm crawling on a branch, maybe an army worm.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Fuchsias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Amazing fuchsias Zanymuse 84 Sep 3, 2009 2:19 AM
Who would like to see a Fuchsia Forum!? PedricksCorner 134 Dec 2, 2009 6:06 PM
Let's get a Fuchsia forum going! PedricksCorner 83 Sep 3, 2009 2:21 AM
help with my fuchsia jjpate 2 Jun 8, 2009 5:38 AM
Fuschia - do I trim this? blackThumbz 15 Sep 4, 2009 4:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America