Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

phytotoxicity ??

66083, United States

Starting to see some deformities in the new growth on my Dark Eyes :-( They were transplanted about three weeks ago.I first used homemade garlic spray....but first did a 24 hr test sample on a small part of one plant and there was no reaction....then five days later I sprayed them with neem oil. I also trimmed back two sets of leaves per branch to make it bushier. What should I do next? Should I cut off the bad leaves? I'm trying to up load a picture too. Thx!

This message was edited May 31, 2012 2:36 AM

Freedom, CA(Zone 9b)

If you are doing battle with the gall mite, then it is also very important to feed on a regular schedule. Use half strentgh solutions of fertilizer and feed every 7 days. You need to use a spray that can kill the mites. It will be worth it. Dark Eyes is a hanging basket, isn't it? I only collect upright fuchsias.

66083, United States

Yes it is in a hanging basket...but what kind of spray for mites would you recommend? Today I found a baby worm crawling on a branch, maybe an army worm.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.