Rustic handrail

Ellenboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Have to give my husband credit for this one. He fashioned this work of art (truly) from locust and mountain laurel. I've started some fragrant vines on each end, can't wait to see it in full bloom!

Thumbnail by Mtnma Thumbnail by Mtnma Thumbnail by Mtnma
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Superb!

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Very nice job on that. Please do post when the vines bloom
I'm sure it will be lovely !!

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Love it! Next week we're making a trip to where some friends are logging. Can't wait to see what treasures I can find this time. Need to keep an eye out for mountain laurel. It has such nice structure to it. I have lots of beautiful pieces of wood I have collected. My logger friend even drug one long (10-12 ft) old dead cedar tree out for us. It had been dead so long, all the sap wood was gone, just a smooth (no nobby limb pieces) thin center with wonderful short root pieces sticking out. It was very heavy even at this point. We stuck it in the ground upside down so I can run vines up it. I planted morning glory and other things around it but it hasn't taken off yet. The first thing that happened after I put edging and potting soil around it and planted it, a darn armadillo dug it all up. Thinking about if I could find some miniature gazing balls, nestling several among the roots sticking out 9 or so feet up.

Englewood, FL

Mtnma, your hubby has a good & artistic eye for repurposing, great job.
Gingerlily-If you have a camera we expect PICTURES, you can't get away with just a description. I don't think Dave would allow it. :o)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Love it love it love it!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.