Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: 2nd Annual Mug Swap Reveal (Show us yer Ugly Mug!)

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 298, Views: 1,507
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9147699

This is the reveal page for the 2nd annual DG Mug Swap!

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257388/#top

We are closed to new participants and super secret mug swapeeeees were chosen at random this morning by the independent auditing firm Dewey, Cheatem and Howe. Each participant should have received a Dmail identifying the name and contact information of their super secret swapeeeee.

This is a mug swap.

If desired, you may include other items with your mug when you ship to your super secret swapeeee on or before June 15. Please do not identify yourself to your secret swapee until after swapping is complete and/or you may include your identity/return address/picture of your ugly mug with your package.

If you cannot meet the shipping deadline for whatever reason, never fear - we are an understanding bunch. Alternative arrangements may be made. Please just send me a Dmail giving me a head's up.

Now, show us your ugly mug!!!

No - your mug does not have to be ugly. "Ugly mug" is a slang phrase used, on information and belief (legalese), beginning in London where men's beer mugs were made having the image of a face on them. You can't trust the internet as I have no actual source for that data. I just like saying it on the reveal page. :D

Have fun ladies - if you have any questions, comments, or goofy useless information, kindly post it below.

xox
A.

Image courtesy Ugly Mug, Memphis Tennessee:
http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2008/ugly-mug-coffee-posters/

UPDATED to show Participants and their Super Secret Swapeees

i.e. Participant ----------> Swapee

Susanl61520 ----------> Joeswife (Debra) rec'd.
Chickory31 (Kerrie) ----------> Irisluvr (Debbie) rec'd.
AmandaEsq ----------> Jsxtiger (Joyce/Jax) rec'd.
rvnsbrk (Juanita) ----------> AmandaEsq (Amanda) rec'd.
Joeswife (Debbie) ----------> Careyana (Carey) rec'd.
FruitOfTheVine (Susan) ----------> LhasaLover (Tammie) rec'd.
Jsxtiger (Joyce/Jax) -----------> Chickory31 (Kerrie) rec'd.
Mud_Elf (Kris) ----------> FruitOfTheVine (Susan) rec'd.
Careyana (Carey) ----------> Taters55 (Linda Kay) rec'd.
Taters55 (Linda Kay) ----------> Susanl61520 rec'd.
LhasaLover (Tammie) ----------> Crit (Patti) rec'd
Crit (Patti) -----------> rvnsbrk (Neener) rec'd
Irisluvr (Debbie) ----------> Mud_Elf (Kris) rec'd.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2012 8:47 PM

This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 4:53 PM

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9147704

Yippee Skippy!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 1, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9147706

I am here!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9147732

Got my name...still no internet...
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 1, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9147956

Got my name...YEAH! I know what to get! WOO HOO! (hint: something used to for hot drinks) :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9148171

Got my name ... now to look for the purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-fect mug!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9148262

Got my name - I mean MY name. ha ah haa ha. They had to pick again on that one. Ooops. Supposed to be a secret. Guess what?!

I found the perfect box. silly, I know. But still . . ... A good box is hard to find.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 1, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9148275

Got my name also!
Been shoppin already too =)
Irisluvr U buyin a Thermos ? ;)

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 2, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9149540

Wanted to check in - got my name, but still have some shopping to do!!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9150382

Likewise - I like having my partner's name because everyone is different. The sarcastic mug I might buy for Kerrie or Carey would not be the same mug I would select for LK or Debbie or Jax.

Now Neener and Susan (well apparently EITHER susan) might appreciate the same kind of mug . . . but who can say!?

For those of you who collect mugs from "places" I have a Starbucks giant mug from Massachusetts that I bought right before I left. I thought about giving it away last year because several of you indicated you liked LARGE mugs, but I guess there's still some nostalgia for me there.

jI also have some 'chopping' to do.

Can I ship booze in a box thru the post office?

All this talk about flavored creamers and the "why bother with creamer" crowd have me wondering . . ...

A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 3, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9150407

I ship it all the time, I just don't tell them what is in the box. Make sure you wrap it well in bubble wrap! When they ask if there is anything liquid, fragile or dangerous, I tell them there is bubble bath!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2012
2:25 PM

Post #9150509

lol LK! I usually use "It's BBQ sauce" or "It's hot sauce!" when I ship liquids. :)
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9150812

I shipped a case of wine to CT from Mo we called it "sculptures" that were frageelee =P

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9150819

Lordy, Lordy. How could I lie straight faced to a postal worker?!

Kerri - I think I will be shipping some sculptures too...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2012
9:19 PM

Post #9151094

LOL Kerrie! A whole case? I've received bottles of wine through USPS from time to time from several individuals, if you're one of them I'm not telling, and have also sent them on a whim wrapped oh so carefully never giving the postmaster a clue.

I've got my Bud's name and have their mugs, just need to do a fly though on the previous thread to check her likes and dislikes.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 3, 2012
9:50 PM

Post #9151108

I'm a slow poke ladies and now without a car - car trouble is the worst, ain't it though?

and THEN Court was kind (?!) enough to let me drive his truck this morning to help my friend to the feline spay/neuter clinic, and the truck battery died way out on the other side of town at a horse farm and me with no cell phone. Did get a jump start, but this one car family thing is new territory. I'll be hoping to get my VW roadworthy which is sitting at my mom's house in PA. Keep your fingers crossed! Need a ride to find my ugly mug. Perhaps it'll be mail order again this year - found the perfect mug for one of my trade partners (yes - ended up with 2 somehow!) at the Dr. Pepper museum in Wako TX. Yahooo.

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9151908

I need to go shopping too... I have looked at a few places so far.. haven't found anything that is right... yet! I may have to customize something... mmmm... idea!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 4, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9152204

Amanda, how did you stop in Waco and not make it to Austin?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9152579

Mail order, dearie. Mail order. ;)

A.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 4, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9152670

Oh well heck. There's much more interesting mugs for order in TX!!! http://shop.billybobstexas.com/billy-bobs-texas-guitar-handle-coffee-mug/ for example. :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 4, 2012
11:47 PM

Post #9152797

Wowee! You're right. As it must be true that the best belt buckles are to be found there too. :D

I "stole" a super cool mug from a neighbor tonight. She's into pottery and when I stopped by on my walk around the block with my dog I often stop for a cup of coffee (she's got one of these fancy push a button kind of machines).

Anyway she opened the "mug" cupboard and I said "I like that "squiggly" mug. No, not that one, to the right next to that one, lower, lower yep - that's it!"

Do you think I'm a mug hoarder? I am showing the signs.

A.

p.s. That is not to say I am not without gratitude. I intend to give her the only rooted cutting from the miniature white rose bush that I dug up/rescued from a neighbor's curb. The cutting is in a 4" pot to give you an idea of size right now.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Click an image for an enlarged view.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2012
8:38 PM

Post #9155268

looks a good trade to me, Amanda

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
8:56 PM

Post #9155279

Hey Debra, glad to see you posting, we were wondering if you were OK!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9155511

So excited here! Ordered my swap partner's mug and I got it yesterday! Better than I expected! Hope she likes it! Now to add to the box and get it out!

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9155521

...if trying to reach jax, she not available, she beez out shopping ! ...or drinking from cuppa! or taking a dip in capn morgan!...sumpthin or uther ta do with a mug! memory aint as good, that's why they dont let me answer the phone, or take messages!!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 7, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9155735

Thanks for the smiles ladies - trying to imagine what kind of asylum Jax finds herself in where they won't let her take calls... Hmmm.

Got more news - At least one of you will be glad to know that I was offered and accepted a job this morning with the City of Durham. It's part-time. I will be working for the department of public works, stormwater division. The city, in attempts to reduce pollution/runoff/effluent/erosion to tributaries into some of Raleigh's largest drinking water supply, has initiated a program of installing free rain gardens in residential areas, installing cisterns, native trees and plants. My job will be as liason to the homeowners who have applied for the free rain gardens, assessing the site, and making recommendations as to how to rank each site - the program is funded for 2 years and they expect to do 230 rain gardens over that time.

Outside bids have been taken from contractors to do the site work/excavation/soil hauling, etc. I will be making recommendations on which plants to use where. It's a very small isolated far out niche I've carved for myself, eh? But I am apparently the most qualified for the job. :D

That's the best news I've had in a year since my dammd hand injury last May. Will keep you posted. I hope it won't interfere with my Mug swap duties.

xox
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 7, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9155745

I ordered my partner's mug off of cafepress- pretty sure it fits her perfectly!! It is due to arrive on or around the 17th

*to my swap partner* I KNO UR GONNA love IT!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 7, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9155762

Amanda, that is great news!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
7:58 PM

Post #9156437

That sounds like a perfect niche for you, Manda, and is what many homeowners here have been required to do. You're going to be as asset to the City and if they have a brain, they'll keep you the full two years, or longer. Wait til they see how you shine! That's the Best news I've heard all week :)

I haven't decided to send the mugs I have already or place an order...decisions, decisions. But I do already have the goodies to go with.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9157458

Congratulations Amanda! That is awesomely awesome news!

Hmm, when y'all get that program running, could you send me the link from the website so I can read more about it? Austin also has issues with dirty/foul runoff ending up in the creeks and rivers.

I should be able to get my mug this weekend and out by Tuesday. I hope!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9157677

whats a rain garden? it sounds like something I need! I only need one more mug and I am going to be almost on time.. LOL Work is good, except for all the cars that got damaged during the hail storm I missed. every car on the lot was hit with 2 to 10 k damage.

So glad Prayers were answered for you, Amanda. ;D

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 9, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9157932

Thanks Debra - I know you were praying extra hard. ;)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 9, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9158086

Sorry to hear about the car damage! Sounds like it is time for a hail sale?
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9158302

Debra- you could sell the cars at a loss and turn in an insurance claim for the difference couldnt you?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9158460

Couldn't resist ordering a mug for my bud. Hopefully it will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. That's going to put me close to the wire for mailing, Manda. You still love me? lol

Debra, that is awful and hope the dealership has good insurance or will be able to write off the damage. Hubby used to run a small used car lot with a body shop and said hail damage is a witch to fix.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9158682

I got a mug in the mail today! Not sure who it is from but I love it! I'll post pics tomorrow! Too tired tonight to even take a pic! We tore down the paneling in the kitchen and took out all the old cabinets. Will have an electrician coming in next week to move the breaker box, re-wire the kitchen, add some new breakers for additional outlets, appliances, furnace and central air. Once the electrician is finished, new walls (drywall) will go up, new flooring, new cabinets, new countertops and the new stainless appliances are waiting in the garage to be installed! Been a long time coming and I can't wait to have it done!

Debbie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 9, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9158694

Eeek! We have an early bird amongst us!!!

Froot - just keep us updated - we are an understanding bunch. ;)

In fact, in the middle of all my car trouble, new job, drug and alcohol screen and physical exam for said new job, trip to PA, normal daily craze, I have not even started looking. I have a vision though, and I wish I could deliver mine in person. :)

Goodnight Ladies (hey - isn't there a song in there?!).

A.

LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9161216

Congratulations on the job.. sounds interesting!

I was going to shop for a mug up in Ruidoso, NM on saturday while I was up there but we were woken up at 5 am by the sheriffs dept with an evacuation notice due to the Little Bear fire that was about 2 miles from our house in Alto at the moment. We packed a bag and drove home instead. ... no shopping. I haven't had a chance to get out to go shopping yet... don't know exactly where to look here in Odessa. I have looked at a few places but don't like anything I saw. I will find something... I was expecting to find the perfect mug in Ruidoso... best laid plans... darn!

(our house is safe from the fire so far)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #9161415

Tammie so glad you are ok from the fires, praying that you wil get some rain now.. how are the brugs?

Our owner has excellant insurance, believe me he will make money on this deal, all the car lots on that street got it( we call it car alley)

we have a crew in from Jackson Fl, they are experienced at P&D repair, so hopefully we will be done with this soon.
my car was not here, I was on vaction. now it is raining there and stuff. so glad we went when we did.
Got my mugs ready to pack up, was looking for something to go in the mugs. LOL
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9161811

I guess no matter which part of the Country we live in, there's always some chance of peril from fires and hail, hurricanes and tornadoes, drought and floods.

My Bud's mug is supposed to be delivered today. Yeah! Will put goodies in the wind PDQ, Manda.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 12, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #9161950

Hey kids - this is fun. :)

We've had one mug delivered but I haven't seen a picture!

And I think everyone (?!) should know by now that you can hoot at your swap partner when they receive your trade. I realize some of these companies online offer giftcards but some not!

So if you have already shipped and your partner received please wave and let 'em know YOU were the very clever gal who sent it to them. heh. ;)

Okay fear and anxiety here over new job slowly being paved over with small self confidences and self-pats on the back/head. I have been plugging at this for so many years since I quit my law practice I never quite imagined what attaining this goal would feel like. I guess this is it, and I should revel in it instead of worrying that I'm not good enough.

Let the debauchery commence!!! :D

Oh - and don't forget if you haven't found the perfect mug and are still fretting over not being able to find anything in Odessa, TX (you know who you are) we can always push back that deadline. These are not live goods and unless someone objects, we can do that.

It's about having FUN! No pressure. Okay?

xox
A.

(I'm debauching).

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 12, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9161951

EEEK!

My image disappeared.

Here's another fun one.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
9:49 AM

Post #9162142

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA here. My daughter came and spent 2 weeks with me. Having some health issues.

I think I have the mug I want to send out, unless I find a different one. lol
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9162205

My mug is shipped, and according to the fedex website, it is currently "out for delivery" at this very minute!! Someone is gonna be a happy camper when it arrives!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #9162743

I was in the same boat, Patti, and found one online I think my Bud will like better. Really hope your daughter's alright.

Positive thoughts only, Manda. You're an Ace for the job. You know you are in your heart, and they will too in no time. The City is lucky to have your brain power, not to mention your quick wit! Did I miss the date you start?

Debbie, that's a lot of work, especially after your ordeal last Winter. I'm so happy you're finally getting a new kitchen! Mine is still in my dreams.

Our FedEx dude is a neighbor who toots the horn on his way home, usually around 5:30 PM on a good day when he's not so swamped. He didn't stop today, Susan, so somebody else is your luckee swapee mugee.

UPS did stop after lunch and am very pleased with my Bud's mug. With any luck, it'll be winging it's way to its new home tomorrow. I'd tell you which way it's headed but several of you know I can't find my way out of a paper bag on a clear day. It's rainy and cloudy so give me a break. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9162918

Patti, are you having health problems? Should we be praying for you, dear? Well, I am anyways.
no rain here for a while... Amanda, still waiting for the explanation of a rian garden, please?
I know you will be numero uno at your new career.
Susan, gimme the rainey and cloudy please?

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
8:56 PM

Post #9163017

I finally found my mug! And one for my swap partner too! LOL

Mine should be heading out tomorrow, come heck or high water...and it this point, I'd take the high water!
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
9:11 PM

Post #9163021

hmmmm wondering, once again, why my mug hasnt been delivered or if it has an is just not announced yet... time will tell (cuz the website sure isn't telling!)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
9:52 PM

Post #9163045

I came home to a cute new mug from a Susan? I will post pic tommorrow.. I LOVE it!
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
10:13 PM

Post #9163061

:) I am SOOO Glad you love it :))

You are a hard woman to shop for, btw... I havent been here long enough to know you so I had to cyberstalk you a little LOL

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
11:29 PM

Post #9163121

My youngest daughter who is 23 told me that it fit me to a tee...I am always telling her be careful what you give, because you might just get it back.
Your Selection is Awsome!
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
11:31 PM

Post #9163123

I found that quote on your member page here. I knew when I saw it I wanted to get you a karma bus mug :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
11:35 PM

Post #9163126

You did good! Thank you so very much. And... nice to meet you! ;D
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2012
12:18 AM

Post #9163140

Ur welcome:) Glad you like... pleasure's all mine :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 13, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #9163286

:)

So cooool - the perfect mug for Debra - great pic Susan. I'll bet it'll be Debra's new favorite. :)

Ummm, Debra - here's a quick link to the Rain Garden site on the NC extension page. Briefly - if you have an area on your property where water collects or drains to it might be a good place to plant some water loving flowers AND it will also filter rain water/storm run off before it gets to stormdrains where it may otherwise carry pollutants.

xox
A.

http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/topic/raingarden/stormwater.htm
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9164621

Irislvr I sent the mug to you we were getting ready to leave for vacation for a few days and i was afraid i would be busy to get it out after I got home and would forget. In my haste I forgot to put the card in the box which I found on the table yesterday when we got back . So I will get a stamp on it and get it out to you soon.

Kerrie
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9164629

Kerrie,

It is a gorgeous mug and I love it...you picked my favorite colors! The toffee is gone but I did get a picture before it disappeared! Have never tried the bag to plant in so this will be interesting...Thanks for a great mug swap!

Debbie

PS: Hope you had a wonderful vacation!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9164764

Debbie you are so welcome!
I was hoping the colors would work. I thought it was really pretty,
I ran on to the bakery that makes the toffee a few weeks ago. It is divine ...
Bag planting is fun , But I am moving to bigger verticals , I am planning a wall right now and hope to build it this winter.
We went to Florida to see my sister it rained every day , but we did get to the beach and it was perfect weather for a few hours LOL
Then more rain, oh well the needed some but not all they received.

Have a great day!
Kerrie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #9164773

Eeek! I want to SEE the mugs. C'mon - don't hold out on me. :/

Ladies I have been stranded without a car and may not get my own box shipped out by out by our deadline. It has been a bumpy ride but things are picking up and I hope to become a responsible adult (really???) again soon.

Secret swap buddy I will keep you posted!

xox
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #9164792

We found our mugs,, now to fill the box.. I will be late mailing.. But my swap buddy will be super happy.. I hope. Goober picked the mugs so we will have to wait and see.
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 14, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #9165141

I did all of my shopping online and it shipped right from the producer... only problem is that I wasn't able to add any extras into the box :(

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9165265

I have my mug - didn't get it in the mail like I'd hoped today. It's like Houston outside (seriously, how do y'all in East Texas survive this???) so I've been cowering in the A/C all day. I have my box, just need to get up the nerve to burn my buns for a few minutes to take it to the PO!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #9165275

I ain't goin' back out there! Ha ha ha - no just kidding. Actually a blue sort of day turned upside down when I got a priority mailbox on my porch about an hour ago.

Neener sent me the perfect mug - I will post photos in a little while - after I'm done drinking out of it!!! :D

My new favorite - Thank you sweetie!!! It's perfect. I love it. :)

Ooooo - and the Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee. The girl knows my heart. Going to have to make the 7 o'clock pot tonight no matter HOW early I have to get up tomorrow.

xox
A.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 14, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9165450

Here it is!

Says on the front "Pretending to be a Normal Person day-after-day is exhausting." ha haha

Then inside the rim it says "This above all to thine own self be true."

I love it Neener. Thank you. :)

xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq   Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
9:10 PM

Post #9165734

Neener's got you pegged, Manda. That happy mug suits you to a "T". Bet you'll use it in the morning if you haven't already with your evening pot of coffee.

I got caught up answering D-mails and it's way past my 11 o'clock bedtime. Sleep tight and I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2012
12:19 AM

Post #9165815

the 60 mph winds and thunder woke me up.. here is my wonderful mug from Susan..;D

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9166068

Wow!

The Karma bus?! I'm trying to imagine you there, but you've been so nice to me I just can't see you running me down for being a bad girl. :D

Neat mug! Nice job Susan - if Debra's daughter says you hit the nail on the head, that's the seal of approval you need.

Still "shopping" for my mug for my buddy - isn't today my mailing date? Ha ha hah a - everybody else who is needing more time raise yer hand. And Debbie - if you get a chance could we see your pretty mug? I mean the one sent to you, not yer face.

Have a good day all - mine's better, and yes Froot - the mug hasn't left my side, but for about a half hour while I was disregarding the "this is not a step" warning at the top of a ladder while I pruned a giant holly hanging over our fence with accompanying grape vines which were reaching even farther to power and/or phone lines. There I am with my long armed loppers thinking, this is a really bad idea.

Lived to tell the tale. Remind me not to get that close to cable lines...

xox
A.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9166117

You're lucky you didn't resemble some of the squirrels I've seen Amanda!

My mug will be going out today. Sure hoping I made a good choice. :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9166160

And while I'm at it and since we're all girls here and only Terry and Melody and whoever else on admin looking over our shoulders, what's up with these bra straps!?!?!?!?! :/
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9166242

I am glad you like it Debra! Just wish I could have included something with it :(

No worries, I guess... I DO still have ur address :)

You never know what ur gonna get in the mail from me- just ask my sons!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9166246

Ha ha! That's why Froot keeps her address out of the member's addy exchange, I suppose. Strange packages can't find her there.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 15, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9166361

Love that coffee mug!

Bra straps???
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2012
6:34 PM

Post #9166891

Sorry I've been choosing my new kitchen cabinets, countertops, paint, floor, etc!

Here is a picture of my mug that Chicory31/Kerrie sent to me...it is ME! Now to hide it from my hubby 'cause he doesn't care what he drinks his coffee out of and it will end up in his truck! Kerrie also sent a package of toffee that was out of this world! And I didn't share that either! hahahaha! And a Park's "Al's Flower Pouch". Have never tried one before but I've run out of ground space so this is my next option!

Thanks again Kerrie! It's perfect in everyway!

Debbie

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252   Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 16, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9167285

What the heck is Al's Flower Pouch?! I have to look that one up - couldn't see to read the entire label. Ha haha.

Very pretty mug - looks like it feels good in the hands. I find some kind of comfort walking around with my warm mug, even when it's hot out. Nice little package you got there. :)

Neener - I am still holding your mug. Court offered me coffee this morning and rinsed it out for me.

When we got something as kids for Christmas that we particularly loved - say a toy or a piece of clothing - we'd do this too. I'm remembering wearing the sweater or whatever for days, sleeping in it and living in it until we had to go back to school in January. :D

That's what I'm doing with my new mug. Thanks again. I know, I know, I'm goofy, but that's why she got me a mug that says "pretending to be ...normal...is exhausting."

Have a nice day ladies. Looks really pretty out there.
A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9167400

Love the mugs that are starting to come in!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2012
1:28 PM

Post #9167722

I know my little Manda pretty well... Hee Hee... Takes one to know one I say.

Debbie, love that Polish mug. I collect those too. Among other mugs..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9167726

Carey, I got my mug today, and I love the blue bottle you added to the box! It will go on my bottle tree someday when I get enough! Thanks so much!
Can you tell me what came in that bottle?

This message was edited Jun 16, 2012 3:50 PM

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9167796

Wow LK! I didn't think it would get there that fast!

That bottle was given to me by a friend when I lived in Florida as 'decor'. It may have been from an antiques store or something else - I don't know! And since I didn't get your name for the Something old...swap, I sent it with the mug instead. I'm glad you like it! :D

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9167960

I love them both, and can't wait to make coffee in the morning!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 16, 2012
7:48 PM

Post #9168136

Oh - and the mug is microwave and dishwasher safe. :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 17, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #9168685

Thanks, I was going to ask you that!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
1:00 PM

Post #9170266

My mug will go out on Thursday,, uh,, there might be a plant or two in it,,,

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
1:13 PM

Post #9170281

Sure is a lot of trading going on! I received a soggy but intact box from TX today. The heat is rising and may put an end to my plant swapping anyway . .. .

Still challenged without a car here. Got most of my Mug Swappin stuff together! I hope those of you who are mugless don't lose hope! Mugs are in the air and will be soon. :D

xox
A.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9170308

The good news is I'm ready for the mug swap for next year! :D

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9170315

Carey yer silly.

I thought of doing one in the middle of the year - I mean towards the end - I just could hardly wait to play this game again. :)

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9170357

Well, I couldn't help myself! I love a neat mug! In fact, I have a back-up for swap too. lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 18, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9170506

My box is on the way, I mailed it at noon! It should be delivered Thursday or so.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9170623

Mine went out yesterday. It's been a while since I've mailed breakables and decided to insure the package.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 18, 2012
7:57 PM

Post #9170924

You know, having received broken items myself, it's important to note that heavier things will move around!

I always pack breakable items in separate boxes with their own packaging to protect them. I have never had anything arrive broken.

knock knock knock on wood!

I sure hope I can get my box in the wind in the next day or so. It weighs heavy on me dear.

xox
A.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 18, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9170955

my box went out today... just hope the thing arrives in one piece.. and partner... it looks black until you heat it with something in it.. just a hint.. ;D
three more things marked done on my list YAY!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 18, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9170957

PS: Susan, I took my karma mug to work, it is now my new mug there, and everyone keeps commenting on how true it is.. LOL

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012
10:02 PM

Post #9171070

Since I sent a mug and a bottle together, I wrapped both in lots of newspaper and put into a box. Then put that box into another box with MORE newspaper. Used to the way UPS treats packages in TX so I know how to ship pretty well now! :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 19, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #9171299

Carey, your packaging was great! Everything arrived safe and sound!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 19, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #9171946

Dear super secret mug swappeeee:

I regret to tell you that due to unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances, the flavored bag of "Blueberry Cobbler" coffee was seized by custom officials. I am unsure if they will let me put it back in your package. If they do, it might not be sealed. In fact, it might be opened. Worse, it might just be an empty bag which smells really good even without the coffee in it.

Again, my deepest regrets,
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 19, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9172095

ROFLMWO...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 19, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9172221

Crud. They also ate the bag of shortbread. :(

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 20, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9173010

LOL Amanda! Those customs official are pretty stingy. Are they working with Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe?

I got my box today!. OH MY. Ms. Debra should give lessons on how to properly stuff a box!!

Misplaced the camera (again) so I'll get some pictures in a bit. LOVE the mugs!!!!
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 20, 2012
9:42 PM

Post #9173733

My box came today... it sat on the bench in the sun most of the afternoon so when I picked it up it smelled WONDERFUL! I could smell coffee through the box! I sat on the back patio to open it... big mistake... the wind was blowing and the box was full of very light fluffy green and white packing peanuts... you can guess what happened when I opened the box... LOL .. well, the dogs and cat had fun chasing peanuts around the patio. I enjoyed the smell. Two packages of coffee... can't wait to try them, also, two different types of coffee cookies to enjoy with my beautiful green kitty cat mug! It is absolutely the most beautiful color and has an adorable kitty on it. I promise to try to get a picture uploaded tomorrow... OH! almost forgot the setcoffee magnets! Each a mug with Coffee, mocha, decaf, latte or cuppaccino on it... what a wonderful box to go through.

I had fun emptying the box of its surprises... now feeling guilty that I have not yet found a mug to send. I need to head out shopping again tomorrow... was going to look today but after a horrible episode at Walmart where an employee was rude to mom and litereally assaulted me... I just could not go anywhere else.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9174833

My DC says my box was delivered this morning! Please check your front porch or where a box may have been left.

Tammie, we would love to see what you got?
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
8:50 PM

Post #9175222

Wooo Hooo!! My box arrived this morning just as I was on my way out the door to taxi my ailing mom to her doctor's appts... ok, so maybe she isn't so "ailing" and more of a "let's escape without kids" day, but we were gone ALL day long!!

First, I must say I was in awe of all of the contents of this box- in fact it wouldn't all fit in one picture!!! I had to take 2 lol

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g358/susanl61520/Swap Stuff/2012-06-21_10-35-29_821.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g358/susanl61520/Swap Stuff/2012-06-21_10-36-20_543.jpg

By the time I got home, my husband (who was a coffee Nazi up until about a month ago) had already commandeered the oversized butterfly mug and was drinking some coffee from it! I love the goodies you sent, Linda!! I am a chocolate and biscotti freak and LOVE anything almond... I don't recall putting all of that in my bio!!

Debra- I am glad I managed to get it right, you didn't give me much to go on lol

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 22, 2012
4:10 PM

Post #9176341

Okay, finally got the camera charged (after I found it) to get a picture of all the things Debra sent!

Debra - did you hold up a tea delivery truck? I didn't know there were that many tea brands in existence!!!

BTW - both mugs were STUFFED with tea bags. ...and I just realized I forgot to include the glass mug - that would be perfect for some hot toddies!!!!

And that color-changing mug is the cat's meow!!! I LOVE IT!! Even DH was grudgingly impressed. :)

Thumbnail by careyana   Thumbnail by careyana   Thumbnail by careyana

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 22, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9176352

Here is the Hot Toddy mug. Love love love.

Thumbnail by careyana

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2012
8:00 PM

Post #9176663

Susan, so glad to see nothing was broken. Enjoy your cups and drinks!

Carey, Debra sure can pack a box!
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

June 22, 2012
8:39 PM

Post #9176692

Had a cup of coffee and a biscotti this morning to wake up before I went out to pot up multiple orders... It really got me going :) Thanks again!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 22, 2012
8:57 PM

Post #9176705

Carey so glad you liked everything.. I made the collage of my roses since I heard you loved roses. At first when I got it, I thought they made a mistake and then I remembered it was the :"Majic" mug,,, Joe had me test it first and he loved it too.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9176906

All this reading about coffee mugs forced me to have another cup of coffee!
Well I was getting another anyhow.

Debbie, So glad you like the mug. When I picked it up I knew it was right. I like the shape of it too.

Cool mugs everybody!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 23, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #9176938

HA! Debra - I was just going to ask if those were pictures of your roses. Stunning! That mug is da bomb, I must admit.

LK - what fun! And Carey - a coffee Nazi - a man after my heart. Isn't it funny - Court immediately took possession of the mugs Neener sent to me last year. :D

Fun fun fun ladies - thanks so much for playing! And I will be shipping my package out on Monday or Tuesday.

xox
A.

p.s. Thanks for the smiles too - got another email from the HR folks saying NOT to come to work on Monday (again) and that a letter will be coming to me where I will have the "opportunity to provide information." I guess they found the bodies in the basement.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9177331

Amanda - those bodies wouldn't be from the Dewey, Cheatum and Howe firm, would they? ;) (and DH despises coffee...tea...etc. I don't get how we've been together this long! lol)

Debra, it is gorgeous. Made me go outside and look at the meager blooms my roses are giving me now. I'll be drinking more tea in the coming weeks, that's for sure!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9177842

Debra, that mug is the greatest! I've never seen a mug like that. The roses are beautiful. You really are a magician!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 23, 2012
9:04 PM

Post #9177906

anyone can do a mug or anything else if you have a walmart.. i do mine online. working on one for each of the kids with their pets and all that.. working on the extended family with shots of our gatherings, and making one for Joe with his pictures on it.. ( he takes weird shots of weird everyday things)
Making collages is easy on the photo center on their website and is one of the things I can do with ease these days.. not doing to good on most other things..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9180981

That's too cool Debra. Will have to check it out. When I read you posted "your husbands pictures" for his mug, I thought of pictures of him all over it, so he didn't try to steal yours. lol

Sorry that we couldn't get together on your trip to/from your sisters place. WIll have to be sure to make it another time.

The right mug is avoiding me so I haven't mailed yet. I have one, but keep thinking there is something out there that will just "Grab me" for my buddy. If it doesn't find me soon, I will be mailing out knowing the one I have is the right one. :-)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 25, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9180996

Patti, you are only a few hours away.. I can plan a trip down there easily.. u let me know when you would like to meet up!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 25, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9181094

Phew!

Hey ladies - I have been absent and up and down for several weeks now with this job offer and background check and car issues and OY!

So I am as "guilty" as anybody else who didn't send their mug by June 15. Owwww - even the HOSTESS.

Let's see if we can wrap this up by the end of the month. A friend has loaned me her car (!!!) while she is house-sitting for her daughter and has 3 other cars at her disposal, so I was able to replace those things taken by customs last week.

Got to get caught up on my DG reading. Hope all's well!

A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9182146

My mug box got mailed today!! Along with several other boxes,

I have a favor to ask.. If my swap buddy has not sent my box,, PLEASE take pictures as I cannot upload piuctures from home or the Library. I donot know what the problem is but nothing works,,,sigh,,, I was just in a swap and hate not being able to post pictures and then made to feel bad about it from several d-mails and comments on the thread. I am thinking I will stop doing swaps .. I cannot seem to do any of them right any more...I am getting so frustrated...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
1:31 PM

Post #9182250

Don't feel bad Kris, we all want the pressies that arrive from everyone, maybe you can get it fixed soon, so you can post pictures?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
2:03 PM

Post #9182301

I am going to get rid of the dial up at home,, it is too slow, very unreliable, and to expensive for what it is,,sigh,,

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9182549

Elfie can you send me your address again?

A little bird told me that your mug wanted to go out in the mail, but we want to make sure have the proper address.

Thanks!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #9182553

Goood news!

My mug package is ready to go!!!

Thank you super secret swapee for waiting so patiently... :)

xox
A.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
11:12 AM

Post #9183510

Hey ladies - two more boxes going out today!!! I would think some of you would be on the receiving end before Saturday!

I also would like to call your attention to my very first post up top which I have edited to show participants and their swapeeees.

O heck - I'll copy and paste it here:

Susanl61520 ----------> Joeswife (Debra) rec'd.
Chickory31 (Kerrie) ----------> Irisluvr (Debbie) rec'd.
Irisluvr (Debbie) ---------->
AmandaEsq ---------->
rvnsbrk (Juanita) ----------> AmandaEsq (Amanda) rec'd.
Joeswife (Debbie) ----------> Careyana (Carey) rec'd.
FruitOfTheVine (Susan) ----------> LhasaLover (Tammie) rec'd.
Jsxtiger (Joyce/Jax) ----------->
Mud_Elf (Kris) ----------> FruitOfTheVine (Susan) rec'd.
Careyana (Carey) ----------> Taters55 (Linda Kay) rec'd.
Taters55 (Linda Kay) ----------> Susanl61520 rec'd.
LhasaLover (Tammie) ---------->
Crit (Patti) ----------->

I know Tammie/LhasaLover said she'd received her box, but I don't know from who!

Please let me know if I've left anybody out. I'm tripping over my own feet these days.

I'm going for more coffee. :x

A.

This message was edited Jun 28, 2012 8:33 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
11:19 AM

Post #9183516

My Addy

Mus_Elf
Kris Shotts
77 Coosa County Road 81
Goodwater, Alabama

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 27, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9183575

Okay good, that's the one I thought was current. :)

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9184378

Manda, Tammie received her 'Big Cat' mug and goodies from me.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9184685

Thanks, Froot - I was thinking that was the case. I am using my "sunshine" mug today which is an exact copy of the mug I sent to Neener last year. :)

Like her it brings back memories for me of my Nana who used to sing the "you are my sunshine" song to me. I hope each of us will use our new (and old!) mugs from DC friends with fondness.

Thanks for playing. :)

A.

p.s. Got thumbs up again from the City of Durham this morning. I'm exhausted from this vetting process, and I still haven't had my doctor's appointment where they check to make sure I'm not hiding anything anywhere!!! :D
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012

Post #9184738

KRIS!!!! Don't you dare quit doing swaps. Sometimes things, like uploading pictures, is beyond our control. Just do as you did here and ask the sender to take pics. That's not too much to ask.

No worries A. I think all of us are up to our necks in things we need to do/get done. I am going to go with the original mug I got, and hope my buddy likes it! There is going to be a 'bonus' mug in there too, as just a reminder of me. LOL

We are so hot and dry here, that I spend all my days watering and adding water to the pool!!! I dread my water bill this month. UGH. I put a chemical in the pool yesterday that is suppose to help keep the chlorine and water from evaporating so fast. I used it last year and seemed to help.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9184824

Post office says my swap buddy is getting her box today!!!!!!

I am at Goobers house for a few days it is supposed to get up to 103 at my place this weekend so Ralph sent me to DD with central Air, I am feeling better today, just itching from my sunburn,,uck...
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9184871

Amanda ,

very good to hear =)

K

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9184970

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1268342/
Fairy and gnome swap is open for all those interested. Come and check it out.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9185174

It was delivered to me, Elfie! Everything's perfect from your excellent packing job.

Wow, you shouldn't have spoiled me with so many wonderful varieties of Gourmet coffee to try...
Coconut Creme ~ Cafe L'Orange ~ Fleur de Sel Caramel ~ Red Velvet ~ Tiramisu ~ Nicaraguan Momotombo ~ East African ~ and flavored Raw Sugar

Which one to try first in my FRUIT mug...lol So pretty and delicate. Actually it's called 'Bountiful Cupboard' designed by Anna Krajewski, and her artwork is a perfect match shown on the front and back covers of the little book 'Chicken Soup for the Soul'. How cool and thoughtful is that? I don't think I've ever told anybody I also collect little books.

Next is a 6-pack of Blueberry Tea bags and a Teapot shaped mug. Might have to use this one Saturday for our mini workshop instead of the one I'd planned. Oh, also included but not in the pics is a Fresh Market coffee scoop.

You fooled me, Elfie, but there was no mistaking fresh Coffee was in the box before I ripped it open. Even asked my mail lady as she handed the box to me what kind of coffee she was drinking this morning...lol I've never had such a variety of fresh grounds all at once...wondering now which one will be the first to perk. The aroma of each one is insanely decadent. xoxo

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9185313

So happy the mugs arrived in one piece! I had gotten you several types of chocolate to, however they never made it to the house in the horrilbe heat. The fresh market store was 92 miles from my house and I went there when Sarah had me pick up the kids. I had lots of fun picking the flavors and the gal that helped me told me there was enough in each pack for 2 to3 cups. So please enjoy..

The fruity cup, tea bags and book was a gift from Goober and Gryphon. They picked it out and paid for it out of the allowence I gave them.

glad you liked it all!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9185367

Tell Goober and Gryphon the gifts they picked out makes then even more special! Very unselfish spending their allowance on me, and bet Nana made them work for it.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9185384

Yup...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 28, 2012
6:29 PM

Post #9185443

Wowee! What a neat package - and I LOVE that mug that looks like a pitcher. Can you drink out of the spout?! :D

Love the variety of coffees at the Fresh Market. Might have to expand my reach now looking at some of those flavors . . ..

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9185536

The Teapot spout doesn't 'sprinkle', and is another reason I thought it would be a good candidate to use in Bev's Mini Garden workshop on Saturday. Plus Green is my fav color.

I know you're anxious to pick up your VW this week-end, Manda, and imagine she'll be like seeing an old friend :) Love ya, and is high time life is looking up for you again. 'You Are My Sunshine."

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #9185559

Love those cups and coffee's Fruity! Nice job Kris!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 28, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9185573

Awsome box of goodies thre, Fruity. Your buddy sure knows how to get your spirits high. I also love that teapot cup.
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9186791

I finally found a mug to send! I have really looked and looked whenever I could. I must admit I have also spent a few days on the couch too. My back is giving me a lot of trouble. I don't know if I will get it to the post office tomorrow or if it is going to have to wait until monday. It really depends if I can drive. I did all I could today and I won't be doing anything else for a while. Just walking across the room is more than enough for now.
jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9186852

...received an awesome box taday from "the hostess with the mostest"! Thank you so very, very much! I have...
DRINKING CHOCOLATE MIX
ENGLISH BRAKFAST TEA
TERRA COTTA CUP/SAURCER
2 HANDMADE POTHOLDERS
STRAWBERRY AND PINA COLADA FROZEN MIXES
NEW ENGLAND COFFEE-BLUBERRY COBBLER
MINI SHORTBREAD ROUNDS
TALL FRIENDSHIP CUP

Thumbnail by jsxtiger

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 29, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9186959

Hey Jax! I thought maybe those handmade thingees could double as coasters. :D

Did the terra cotta make it in one piece? I sure hope so! What a sweet little flower pot - I could NO believe it when I saw it.

Loveyou.
xox

p.s. I thought the strawberry daquri and pina colada would come in handy when you were under the table with your cuppa . . ...

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 29, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9187031

LOL Amanda.. you know Jax loves hers goodies.. yer the bestest!
;D
jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2012
3:12 AM

Post #9187123

...yes, as professionally packed as that box were...nuttin got broken! beez racking the ol brain cells now ta see wat i gonna put in theres! sorry tho, only got strawbrry left...drunk the pina colada during the storm last nite!!!! delish! sssssssshhhhhhh! (did i tell ya it got strong stuffs in it?)

edit ta say...me box goes out taday!!!! unless i drinks the strawbrry!

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012 5:13 AM

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 30, 2012
4:19 AM

Post #9187155

Careful Jax!

Strong stuff! As the package says "there's alcohol in it!!!" ha ha ha - never seen such a thing, and I knew it was the perfect thing for you. ;)

Now that I know nothing was broken I have to tell you - here I was in the kitchen wrapping the box with tape and could not find scissors to cut the roll of packing tape. I was using a knife of some kind and I pulled the tape up so I could cut it and the box got pulled off the counter onto the floor. I shook it a few times - ha ha ha - I just figured if something broke I could blame the post office. oops!

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #9187182

that's funny! ya musta don did a good job tho...nothing broke!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 30, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #9188251

@ Tammy I would rather be sick than have back pain. Hope you feel better soon =)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2012
9:40 PM

Post #9188326

Chicory31 wrote:@ Tammy I would rather be sick than have back pain. Hope you feel better soon =)

I agree... please take it easy.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 1, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #9188946

Me too, back pain is not fun! Please take it easy.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9189171

Happy Birthday, Tammie! I hope it was a good one and you'll feel better soon.

Jax, I do believe you're the first to receive alcohol...just sayin', ya know we all love ya.

One of the clerks at our local store swears by those pre-mixed Strawberry Daiquiri and Pina Coladas, most are kept in the refrigerated section. Have any of you tried them? I haven't taken the plunge yet, but did just discover pre-mixed Margaritas :)

Great packing job, Manda...lol

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9189317

They say it's your birthday.. Happy Birthday to youu.. ( singing that song) ,Tammie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 1, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #9189326

Happy Birthday Tammie! Hope you had a great day! Hope your back is doing better!

Thumbnail by taters55

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 1, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9189358

Ooooh birthday cake... :D

Froot - I did get these 2 special inserts for Jax' package on a display in the beverage section of your local big box retail store. They come in these foil pouches like the capri sun drinks - 'cept I don't think there's a straw taped to the side.

I do really enjoy a pre-mixed margarita. I will have to get me some of that SOON.

First day on the new job tomorrow ladies - I must get to bed, methinks.

xox
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #9189548

HAppy Belated Birthday Tammy!

Have fun at your new job Amanda! Let us know how it goes.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9189554

Good luck today at new job Amanda...

Going home today! Not looking forward to the heat,, very much looking foward to seeing Ralph.

happy Birthday Tammy,, not sure if I said it already yet.
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9190055

Thanks everyone! We went to Red Lobster and it was wonderful. Our waitress was run ragged due to not enough help.. that is the usual here. No place can find enough people to work... help wanted signs everywhere. Sad to say the biggest reason is because most can't pass the drug tests! That is what everyone is saying. Anyway, the food was good and she really kept coming by the table to help and brought what we needed. I was OK sitting at the table.. it was only painful getting in and out of the booth.. I too would rather be sick than have my back be doing this. Getting into my car is very difficult. I have to plan each move. LOL If I had insurance, I would be at a doctor in an instant.

Anyway... sorry, I am not going to make it to the post office today. I still need to get a few things for the box. I promise to get it out very soon... promise!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9190097

It is rare to see a help wanted sign here near Charlotte our Unemployment rate is almost 10% =(
I love Red Lobster, anything will do from there
Glad you had a good time =)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 2, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9190645

I had a great time!

I has been such a LOOOOONG day, but not a moment of it felt like work. :D

an hour commute each way
getting up extra early
all my chores to be done - who will do them?!
Court is coming home 2x a day while I am in Durham
I am allowed to work up to 20 hours right now so I will take them all. Will let you know my schedule.
Another intern already on the job since february is someone from my incoming class at State. Know him more from seeing him at a coffee shop down the hill from school - have only had 1 class together but nice and we will work together easily.

Even got my crabby/reserved/conservative supervisor lady to smile and almost giggle. She's not the laughing kind.

Got to go to bed asap. More later in the week I guess I won't be on DG all day everyday - let's keep those mugs moving! The group trade gestapo will be on my back soon.

xox
A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9190898

So happy for you! Sounds great and keep us posted!

Kerrie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 4, 2012
11:11 AM

Post #9192832

All's well! I feel good after having a 3 hour nap before bed and then getting a "regular" night's sleep - 5 or 6 hours. ha haha.

The second day I had almost no interaction with supervisor or admin at all! I could sit there all day and "play" on the computer - sort of like being at home, but different. I do have a task list and it is not at all like work. Crazy. It's probably the best job I ever had. :D

THEN I got more good news this morning - my brother up in PA sent me a photo of my VW which I had towed from it's spot in the neighbor's backyard after 3+ years. I asked our mechanic if he knew anybody who could start the "detail" process. After sitting under trees for 3 years I knew it would look like hell.

Here's the picture - my day could not be better!

Well, actually, I am going to see if I can find a certain pink liquor that a certain DG friend brought with her to a certain event which was so tasty and smooth we even drank some for breakfast. :D

xox

Happy Independence Day! Hope you all enjoy yours.

A.

p.s. How we doing on the mug swap?! hah aha - I updated the list of received and think it looks like only 3 super secret swapeeeees waiting to receive. Let me know if I missed somebody. Are we posting pictures? Tammie I don't think I saw yours! I love kitty cats. :)

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #9193637

Still nothing on my end A. No big deal..

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 5, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #9194544

Well I see that rvnsbrk. :P

I did hear tell that someone else's box is in the wind and should arrive by Saturday. Hope all's well - if those who still have packages outstanding want to contact their swapeeee directly that's okay too. Or give me a head's up and we can try to song and dance a little and hope nobody ('cept neener) notices.

xox
A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9194711

You are soooo lucky ! Things surely are looking up for you!
Have a great day tomorrow too.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #9194996

:P :PPPPPPP

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 6, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9195019

Amanda, looks like they did a great job on the detailing! What does the CC stand for on your plates?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 6, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9195044

@ rvnsbrk: :-P

@ Chickory - it's about time!!! :D

@ LK - initially CC stood for "cute car" because that's what everybody called it when I bought it. Then, chagrined, I would tell people (particularly dudes) it stood for catalytic converter or "Crippled Chicken" which we thought would make a good name for our bluegrass band (if we ever started one). Now it stands for Clean Car.

Have a great day! I have to go stand in the line at DMV to see if they will renew the registration or not. Tried to do it online after getting a nice man via email from DMV to waive the inspection requirement because it's out of state. Will keep you posted as to whether this good fortune holds up!!!

xox
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9196645

I got my box today!!!!!!

Thank you,, Thank you,, Thank you,,

Debbies sent the bestest mug ever. I am going to try to post pictures from my phone. Hope it works.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9196699

Trying one more...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9196714

And one for Ralph!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9196757

Ralphs mug...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9196762

Pops got that one twice..it is huge. Cannot wait for Ralph to get home tonight..

Here are Goobers and my fairies!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9196796

Well glad those loaded.. there was also chocolate covered sunflower seeds for Gryphon and a big Bag of Starbucks coffee...
There were also gluten free oatmeal cookies for Ralph and I share.!!!!

I just love every thing and the fairy grandmother cup is the bestest cup ever.!!!!!!!!!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9196806

Wow - that's really a thoughtful box Debbie. Kris I love your mug and I hope Ralph enjoys his too. :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2012
2:31 PM

Post #9196882

Love those cups and fairies! Nice job!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9196952

Mud Elf very cute =)

I want someone to send me motivation to work in the heat please...

K

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9196967

My motivation for this heat is to go jump in the pool!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9197019

Glad you like everything! I saw that mug and just had to get it for you and then thought 'hmmmm, Ralph needs a mug too! And then found the fairies and had to send one for Goober...couldn't leave out Gryphon and found those sunflower seeds! (bought some for me and I LIKE'em!). Happy to see it all arrived in one piece too! However, you asked that your swappee take pictures before they send it and I had to open the box to take the pics! hahahaha! I had tried to TAPE everything so you would have to get through all the tape...but that one backfired on me! hahahaha!

ENJOY!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9197023

Hey Kris! There is a small wooden sign in the box too! Did you find it?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #9197083

Oh head.. I Hung it up right away and then forgot to thank you. Could you post. All the pictures you took to. That way everyone can admire that too!!!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2012
3:22 AM

Post #9197441

Debbie you're a saint. :D

Kerrie - can't help you. The heat is doing something that almost nothing else can - when I awoke at the butt crack of dawn I stayed awake so I could start a little early. Already 79 degrees. Going to walk my little dog now for a nice long walk around the block. :)

xox ALL!

Please take good care in this heat.

A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2012
6:35 AM

Post #9197564

LOL Thanks Taters. All I have is a little one for the dogs and they will think I have lost my mind. =)

Amanda Thanks for nothing LOL I was out early today too. I got a nice pitcher plant at the farmers market in Matthews yesterday. Then stopped at Mint Hill, Bought a couple of Callicarpas from a lady for $2 each, they are small but really nice! Should have bought all she had but then i have to take care of them, either in pots or the ground.
Bought a nice purple day lily for 3 bucks, an aloe, and pink iris.
Good day for being hot out.

Hugs for everyone having to work in the heat,
K

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9197628

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1268342/

Come and check out the fairy/gnome swap. It will be closing on the 13th

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9197702

Kerrie thanks you reminded me of the pentas, calibrachoa and other plants I bought on clearance I need to get to or they will collapse again in this heat.

The walk around the block this morning was nice till I got to a neighbor's house whose garden I am sort of tending while she is away. She has not less than 3 people besides me who are supposed to be looking in on her stuff and I can't believe how bad it is. I watered some again this morning after at least 3 hours there yesterday afternoon. I am also planting some of my things there - she has raised beds in the back with some room for my vegetables and room out front for some of my seedlings..

She is housesitting for her daughter in Winston Salem. I just have to wonder about folks who are so kind (she's the one who is lending me her car) who get crapped on when they need help from their "friends" - HA! Well there's my life story. No really - she's asked neighbors to help but they just use her stuff when it's convenient I guess. Watering everyday in 100 degree heat - well that ain't convenient!!!

Awright gotta go. before I lose all will to stand up.

xox
A.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9198220

Just got home from Tennessee! It was HOT there too but it had cooled down 20 degrees today here at home! YEAH!

Here is the pic I took of Kris' swap box just before mailing it!

Thumbnail by irisluvr0252   Thumbnail by irisluvr0252

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2012
2:59 AM

Post #9198560

Eeek! Love the "never enough" sign - you said it was a board? Something to hang on the wall? another must have! It could go with my old fashioned style tin sign with a smiling 50's era lady from Neener that says "Drink coffee - do stupid things faster with more energy."
Ack. Well I'm awake and going to stay that way. Appreciate the "cooler" temps at this hour. Going to walk the dog and see what needs water.

2 super secret mug swapees still looking for theirs in the wind.

Everybody okay out there?

I took my mug to work. I don't have work today. I miss my mug. :/

A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
6:38 AM

Post #9198741

Doing fine here! Just hot!
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

July 9, 2012
9:51 AM

Post #9199058

Cooled down a bit here...only supposed to be 88 today! Drywall is being put up today...maybe by the end of the week my kitchen will start to look like a kitchen again! Cabinets will not be here until the 24th but the appliances are hanging out in the garage.

Stay cool all! It's back to work for me...lunch time is almost over!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9199766

cute mugs and cool stuff everyone!
LK, Do you have a pool? I will be right over... *sweating*

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9199804

I tend to perspire. I am perspicacious. :D

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
8:51 PM

Post #9199850

We have one of those blue pools from wal mart! 12 foot by 3 foot. Not a big one, but it gets us wet, and cools us down. The Grandkids love it too!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2012
4:45 AM

Post #9200004

That's all you need LK. Just a place to sit and cool down.

Perspicacious she says...Smart A**. :))

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 10, 2012
8:23 AM

Post #9200265

I had to look up the word to see if I remembered what it meant. It does NOT mean a perspiring fool like I thought. :D

(joking, but I am a perspiring fool anyway).

Cleaning out my closet of all things. I have a very small closet first of all. "My" second closet is in Rita's room blocked by her climbing tower and not usable space. My closet in my bedroom is full of Jones NY and Ann Taylor business suits. And separates from chaus and Gianna and Jones and . . .. .. Funny, the memories that go with clothing. I had wanted to donate my entire "collection" to some organization that gives womens' business clothes for FREE to women who maybe looking for work, whatev.

Nothing exists here in Greensboro - not even thru the women's resource center. Jerks. So as I put together my boxes, my neighbor across the street happens to be getting rid of kids' toys, so she has offered to take mine with hers. I vascilate and then say - YOU HAVEN'T WORN THIS THING IN 5 YEARS!!! And so it gets folded up and on the pile. If I'm lucky they'll get out of the house this time before the cats get them full of hair and decide to pee on the pile. Fockers.

Fantastic rain last night. We needed it, but that's how it was last year - everything gets dry and crispy and then we have a deluge so we are never really in "drought" conditions, but everything still ends up looking drought-y.

Back to work here. and MORE COFFEE please. :D

xox
A.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2012
8:39 AM

Post #9201544

Hey Amanda,, funny you are talking about getting rid of your clothes. They are adding Alexander City to the end of the Worlds Longest Yard Sale!!! It is going to be on the 2nd though the 5th of August and I just may have to make a trip to the house to get stuff to get rid of at this. If I donot get it this year I will do it next year as this will give me a once in a year chance to unload all my extra horder stuff!! and we all know folks love yard art!! So I will be finishing up a bunch of trash to treasure stuff over the winter that I was going to throw out and sell if for cost!! that way I can recoop the few $$$ I have in it all. I may make a few mini gardens and take some plants to sell each year too. I am going to try to get Crysatal / Goldhillal to come and jooin me for this.. Should be fun!!

I am at the laundry mat today,,,sigh...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9201666

I wonder if GSO is involved. But these bags have GOT got to go. I can buy this stuff at a thrift store for a fraction of what it would cost at consignment. I just need to part with it, I guess. "If these suits could talk . . ..." :D

xoxx
A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 11, 2012
11:48 AM

Post #9201747

Amanda,

What kind of suits are they? Many dog show people buy used suits to show dogs in because if they get ruined they don't care.

D mail me if you want to sell them, I belong to a yahoo group that sells used dog show stuff I know someone would buy thme.

LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9201986

I finally have a picture to share. It took me forever.. I know. I hate to boot up this computer but it is the only one I can use to upload a picture with and not have it end up sideways! When I use my phone and the other computer it seems to always turn them every which way. Her is a picture of the cute mug I received.

Thumbnail by LhasaLover

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #9202013

Love that mug and goodies. Looks like there are still a few waiting on their mugs?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #9202128

Thanks for the picture Tammie - I LOVE the shape of that mug. Something so comforting about a big round warm mug. Nice Froot! :)

LK - I've inquired about the couple of mugs outstanding. I'm not running a very tight ship, but I let the ladies know that they could contact their secret swappeeees if they wanted to communicate about what will be in the wind and perhaps when.

I sure have had a hard time getting my own trades out. I know folks get bogged down with trade requests - a not so secret fact is that I'm behind on sending birthday cards too. EEEEK.

My secret is out.

Hope you will all forgive me for cutting this short and passing out. I am back to work after a false alarm for jury yesterday. The one hour commute is a little stressful initially and today particularly today with the rain and stupid drivers driving too fast with poor visual conditions. AND then the critter chores. Holy heck it sure was nice to have the year off. ha hah ahah

xox
A.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2012
8:46 PM

Post #9203438

LOVE the mugs and thought going into the boxes. I have much much bigger plans next year!!! I found a lovely pottery store that will custom-make orders, so I'll have to dream up something fabulous for next year! (If not, I've got a couple put aside just in case!)

Debra, I've cycled through all the mugs (except the toddy - been too hot at night to think about that one...and now it just struck me that it would make a great cappuccino mug or iced coffee mug. HMM) and I've started on that Black Silk. That stuff makes a fantastic first cuppa in the morning!

Elfie, I for one would miss you greatly in the swaps!! I wasn't offended you couldn't post pictures! I was more worried whether you liked everything! Please ignore the grumpy bums...they're just jealous. :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9203645

Black Silk is wonderful coffee for store bought, radily available. Love it too. No worries to my buddy about getting me a mug. I have a huge collection already. Just played along to support my buddy Amanda, the hostess with the mostest!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 13, 2012
11:16 AM

Post #9203938

Yes I am a Black Silk afficionado as well. Glad we all agree on SOMEthing. :P
xox
A.

p.s. You all have been so forgiving of me this year in my haphazard trading - who among you do I still owe a birthday card to?! ha haha ha - I have a whole stack of them in my bag I am going to be sending out this/next week. ;)
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 14, 2012
5:04 AM

Post #9204691

Amanda ,

I think getting a late birthday card would be cool. It would be like having a birthday again ! I would make a cake and re-celebrate. LOL (OK just trying to have a reason to bake a cake and eat it) I would have that Black Silk coffee with it too. ;)

Kerrie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 14, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #9204858

ha haha a- Kerrie - do I owe you a birthday card too? :D
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 15, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9205689

No but if I did get one I would be baking that cake ASAP LOL

K
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 15, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #9206431

Darn, Kerrie, we'll just have to bombard you with cards so you can celebrate again...lol

Manda, I wanted to donate the good clothes I'll never wear (or fit in again) to Dress for Success, but since there was no affiliate anywhere nearby, I ended up donating a lot of them to Goodwill. And wearing high heels now? Forget about that too.

Miss your regular posts, Elfie, and hope you'll check in when you can. Goober should have a table at TWLYS too since it's around her B-day. She could turn on the charm and talk customers into buying anything :) Tell the kids hi for me.

susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 16, 2012
8:48 AM

Post #9207101

amanda- i think u should just start sending out random bday cards to anyone with address in the swap list lol

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9207276

Goober is fishing with her Poppa today,, I am having an alone day. So I am at the library to download my shows and a movie or two for Goober, catch up on the threads and just say hi!! Also have to surf Craigslist to see if I can find anymore free building supplies,,heehee.

Goober will be at the worlds largest yard sale. I plan on her doing all the talking!! lol

Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #9207564

LOL I am buying a cake tomorrow when I grocery shop. Thanks to all the cake talk, it even made my husband hungry for it. I am going to have a Happy Un-Birthday (Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland).
By the way if anyone wants to come by it will be German chocolate with homemade topping. Also I will be having French Market with that made in the french press. With some scalded milk makes an awesome beverage with cake. =)
Ok need to check the weather radio been going off and on for an hour now.

K

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #9207682

Ack. My birthday card to YOU will, of course, be belated.

xox
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9207899

LOL

Amanda your too funny.
Hope all is well at the new job

K
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9207901

I apologize to my mug partner. Have had it even before the swap started, but thought I might find something else I liked better, then things just seemed to go to he\\ and I don't have the energy to do anything! I WILL get it to you though.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
6:00 PM

Post #9207922

Or way early...lol Now that's a novel idea, Susan.

Haven't had a decent piece of German Chocolate cake since my Mom made hers from scratch and used PEcans from our trees, and she saved the fresh coconut juice for me. OMG, talk about good stuff and so was her Sour Cream Coconut Cake. Really wish now I'd ask her to write down more recipes, not that I can bake. Ha!

Did Goober have a fresh catch of the day, Elfie?

Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #9207940

@ FOTV The Sour cream Coconut cake sounds devine. And if you feel the need to share that recipe let me know. But I love coconut . I wish I had a Pecan tree.
I usually make ho-made , but I am feeling lazy this week. First week with no kids (my daughter is in Kansas City, and my nephew went home to Florida ). So just me and the dogs =)
Oh and today I ate a fig from my very minuscule fig tree. It was sooo good!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 16, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9207982

I have a pecan tree. :P

And a mulberry tree.

And a fig tree. :D

And blueberries.

Blackberries, grapes, etc. Well, mostly wild. We garden for wildlife here you know . . ...

xox
A.

p.s. I am craving sugar and it ain't fair!!! :/
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 17, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9208348

I don't love mulberries, the birds like to leave purple poop on the clothes when they get hung out to dry.
I have blueberries, a blackberry and some red raspberries. I will share some of it but not all.
Sorry about the sugar craving a nice sweet fig will take care of that.

;)
Kerrie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9209988

There are a few swaps open if anyone is interested.

Neck of the woods...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1270225/

Christmas in July...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1270265/
susanl61520
Canton, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 18, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9210612

Here is a cake my mom makes. It's good, quick, easy and goes GREAT with a cup of Black Silk :)

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/cake/methodist-preacher-cake.html
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 18, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #9210671

Susan,
I love this cake!
My ex mother in law used to make it . It was the only thing she cooked well. Seriously =D

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2012
6:57 AM

Post #9211199

Hellooooo out there. I am not only remiss on my own trade thread but on many others.

Still looking for a couple of boxes in the wind I see . . . Gee Neener, I hope this won't discourage you from sending me my mug NEXT year. :D

Thanks folks for being understanding - you know the heat makes EVERYthing slow down. It defies the laws of physics - I say - where heat is supposed to make everything speed up. Silly physics.

At work yesterday I assisted the senior water quality whatever his title is and he trained me on how to calibrate the equipment for use in the field. We were recording values on a chart while reading the "numbers" off the LED screen of this gadget and he's asking me to read the values for such and such element, and I was like, I haven't looked at a periodic table for like, 30 years, huh? :D

Took my brain a minute to warm up there too. Fortunately, he's got a great sense of humor and needs the help. So I'm dusting off some old brain cells and neuropaths.

Just came in from watering, have to go out and do a little more. It's been a couple of weeks since I had to water - we had some nice rains in between. Also the weeds are making good ground cover and holding the moisture in the soil better. HA!

Have a great day everybodda!!

A.
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9211688

I am actually packing the box tonight! oops.. gave myself away... have to run to the store for one thing... hope they have what I want. Othewise... have what I want. Took several trips to the convenience store... LOL

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 19, 2012
5:21 PM

Post #9211818

My box is ready to go to the P.O. in the morning. For some strange reason, DH took my car to work instead of the pickup. Oh, I remember now, the pickup was out of gas! lol Guess he thought I would drive it and fill it up. I know he takes the car occasionally because the pickup AC is out, and after working in the 100+ degree days, it's nice to drive home in a cool car. He gets paid tomorrow so I will be going to town to pick up his check and have 3 boxes to go in the mail!!!!! Wooohooo Only 1 of them are late. I do so apologize to my swap partner. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't gotten mine either. :-) But, late is late and I do sincerely apologize. I need a good butt-kickin'.

Have dark clouds going over and I can hear the thunder, but haven't gotten any rain yet. Golly I hope we get some rain with this wind. We need it sooooooo bad. Tomorrow is suppose to be 108*, then start cooling down, but still in the triple digets for the next 7 days. They said it isn't as bad as last year, but darn close!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 19, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #9211866

It's funny - the longer I kept my box the more stuff I kept finding to put into it. :)

xox
A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9212161

Amanda ,

Glad the job is going well!
We have had rain here almost everyday for the past 10 days.
I need to mow but it is staying wet until late and then it is so hot. Maybe I will do it today or maybe not.
Big day run dog to vet pulled stitches out of one of his legs, he had his dewclaws removed. They weren't healing well anyhow, other leg looks great. Then off to the airport to pick my daughter up. All before 11:30am .
I need more coffee...

K

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 20, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9212170

Feels warmer in the house than it was outside. I joked yesterday that I would have to get up at 3 or 4 to enjoy the 74 degree forecast and dammit wouldn't you know my brain woke me at 330. I've been up since and unfortunately no amount of coffee can take away that head pounding feeling that says you didn't get enough sleep last night. I just took a fistful of aspirin and washed it down with some Black Silk. ;)

On the upside - it sure has been a pretty morning. Supposed to have Tstorms today, maybe not so high temps. I could do some deadheading. Or not. :D

xox
A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9212191

Ugh I hate early wake ups. Should have never thought about the early morning wake up. 5:30 is early enough (too early).
I need to do a bit of weeding but the beds are soaking wet, and I really hate walking on the clay based soil while wet =(.
Maybe later I can get some done. The upside is the weeds come up easier .

get your deadheading done don't be a deadheading deadbeat. LOL

Have a great day

K

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 20, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9212851

You and I already talked about the monotony of deadheading gaillardia!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 20, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9212917

Ah yes I remember that conversation =D
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #9213094

We've been having rain off and on for a couple of days now. It has actually cooled off to a comfortable temp. Need to mow, but now it is too wet and the grass is too long. Nothing is ever easy. :0)

Is you car there yet A?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 21, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9213915

Well, our thunder turned out to be just a tease. Not even 1/4" in the rain guage. :-( I sure wish we would get some rain and cooler temps. I am so sick of this heat, and my water bill... UGH ... $100.

My box went into the wind Friday. It should be landing (hopefully gently and all in tact) next week. :-)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 21, 2012
8:50 PM

Post #9213962

Thanks for checking in Girlie. I am mortified at drought conditions around the country. Add it to my LONG list of things to be mortified by.

Got to hit the sack.

xox
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 22, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #9214247

AmandaEsq wrote:Thanks for checking in Girlie. I am mortified at drought conditions around the country. Add it to my LONG list of things to be mortified by.

Got to hit the sack.

xox

WIth what? A baseball bat?? Could be messy. :0)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 22, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9214394

I DID it. I actually slept in my bed and not on the sofa, and it didn't hurt a bit. :P
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 23, 2012
2:56 AM

Post #9215211

I think I sleep more hours on my couch than I do in my bed also! It is just more comfortable sometimes... and my dogs leave me alone more on the couch... at least one does. Shiloh likes to sit over me and pant when I am in the bed. When she wants me to get up she just sits and stares at me panting. She never does that when I am on the couch.. she just sleeps at my feet.

It sounds like all the boxes are on their way now... I got mine to the post office on saturday.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 23, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9215344

If I sleep on the couch the cat and dog both sleep with me. The younger dog has to sleep in his crate. He feels he needs to patrol all night and he gets too worked up.
I am on the search for another fig tree today.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 23, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9215523

Well it's nice to know I am not alone on the couch. :D

No secret - Court and I have separate rooms - did I already tell you this? 10 years ago when I invited him to move in I already had 4 or more cats and 3 dogs trying to sleep in my queen sized bed with me. HA.

Head hurts, must need more coffee. Had a weird night woke up early and back to sleep. I guess the weirdness is not having to go to work Friday thru Monday. I asked for that schedule, but I am still waking at 5 a.m. to get to Durham on time. That's okay - would rather my brain self-program and err on the side of caution.

Ladies the sky is blue - there is a shiny NEW (HA 2002) Volkswagen Cabrio in my driveway, and if I click my heels 3 times all will stay right with the world.

Have a groovy day.

xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9215537

Love that car!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 23, 2012
8:12 AM

Post #9215543

Sweet!! So glad it has arrived!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 23, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9215745

Yaaay you have wheels!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 23, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9216030

Wow, nice ride, Manda!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 23, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9216102

Drives nicely!

Court's been a peach - went under the car and found that the possible oil leak was just a loose twisty thing on the oil pan which the mechanic/tech did not tighten enough after oil change AND found drain plug under floorboard where water was pooling on driver's side. There is a slight crease in one of the seals around the front window and a bit of dry rot - wouldn't have happened if I'd have been on my regular maintenance with the old armor all - right now a tarp will have to do. I have an appt on Friday to see our pal at der Wagen haus to check the a/c, but he said over the phone that the seal is an auto-body job. :/

kid at autozone showed me some kind of resin sealant used for other stuff but might work to pump up the seal in that spot. Don't want to screw it up before I know whether it's a cheap fix.

Drivers' side front tire losing air - I thought I noticed it in one of the photos my brother sent a few weeks ago. I filled the tires today and popped my AAA renewal in the mail this afternoon just in case. :D

Um, other than that it's been swell to have her back. I bought it new in 2002 and put 114K miles on it before I left it up in PA in 2008. Most of those were joy ride miles. heee.

Thanks for rooting for me. Hope things level out soon - still need to pay off student account to register for fall classes so that's my next hurdle. Keep you posted!

And now . . . thank you ladies for shipping mugz over the weekend. I think we'll be 100% soon. :)

A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 24, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9216750

So glad to hear you are back on track. Student loans and accts booooo.
Yaaay Court for finding things you would have had to pay someone to do! The seal maybe something you could do with extra hands.
All in all not bad. But as my daughter says "Something else to pay for".

Now back out to work on the dog fence, please pray that I do not get poison ivy rash. Thank you in advance =p
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 24, 2012
2:40 PM

Post #9217159

Got a way cool mug today from Patti! Just the right size for me and so sweet. She also sent a nice bag of tea and a special mug from where she used to work. Nice box of goodies. Many thanks for a nice swap!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 24, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #9217446

Where's the picture ? ;)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 25, 2012
9:34 AM

Post #9218080

YEAH Neener. :P

Yay - thanks Patti for playing. Nothing like a hot cup of tea in July (or coffee!!!). :D

Here's a question for you fellow addicts:

Do you drink it hot in summer?

Do you drink it cold.

I, for one, have never acquired the taste for cold coffee. Except maybe . . . ice cream... HA!

xox
A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2012
10:20 AM

Post #9218131

Cold sweet tea! I drink it hot, if I have a cold.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 25, 2012
8:03 PM

Post #9218862

I drink a cup of hot coffee...or four...every morning year-round and they often bleed into early afternoon.

Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012
3:53 AM

Post #9219040

Mostly hot in the AM no matter the time of year. Iced in the afternoon if I am feeling the need for caffeine.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9219164

We do iced here in the afternoons. I'm the only one that drinks tea, although DH has acquired a taste for Two If By Tea diet. I don't like it. Not sweet enough. Weirdness..

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9219198

Just checking in from my dd house. I went to the doc on Monday and she is not happy about my blood tests,,,sigh,,, I am back here for more tests and a ultrasound of my thyroid,, I am a mess.. Will try to check in before I go home and let everyone know what is going on. I am not a happy camper just now.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #9219210

Kris, hope you get good results, but if everything is out of whack, your in the right lace for treatment. So glad to see you popping in! Call me if you can, when you get some results!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9219280

Hey everybody, I just talked to Kris, she had a bunch of blood drawn again, and said to tell you she has not dies of renal failure yet! :-) She hopes to know the lab results soon!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012
11:36 AM

Post #9219488

Glad you liked your mugs neener! Sorry they were so late, but I always say "better late than never", huh?

I have been sick since the 15th. Finally went to Dr. Tuesday. I'd had a sinus infection that I can usually take care of myself, but then a cough jumped in and couldn't hardly breathe. I have bronchitis on top of everything else. I'm so weak. I force myself to go water the flowers so they don't die, but I feel so bad today if we don't get any rain (chances this afternoon/evening) I'm going to ask DH to do it for me.

Ya'll take care.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 26, 2012
11:45 AM

Post #9219501

I couldn't survive without my morning coffee. Prefer it nice and hot although it cools considerably by the time I finish it!

Love all forms of tea. Mmmm. Might have to make a pitcher of the sweet stuff. :)
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #9219525

So sorry to hear you have been sick.. this time of the year is misearble to be that way... heat does not make you feel any better! That storm dry line goes from our area all the way through the country up to canada and looks like it is going to form storms all along the way today. We have family driving in this evening for the weekend... dads birthday.

Your box should be there already! Hope it helps you feel a little better.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9219622

After I read your post, I ran, well...walked as fast as I could...:-)...to the front door and there it was on the step. All I can say is WOW ... I hit the jackpot. This is one terrific box!

I've taken the picture and just need to list EVERYTHING, which will take me a while. lol BBS
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 26, 2012
2:16 PM

Post #9219655

I received my box from Tammie (LhasaLover) which is so awesome! She packs one MEAN box!!!! The card is so cute and she gave me lots of little tips about the things she sent.

The mug is so cute and is embedded with colored stones. It says "My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it". LOL

When I opened the box I could smell a mixture of lavender and chocolate. She made me 4 lavender sachets from her own lavender plant. Smells soooooo good!

A box of Gevalia Vanilla Nut coffee ... yum
4-premeasured packets of French Vanilla Cuppaccino
2-bags of premeasured mini cake mixes plus containers to make them in. Chocolate & Carrot Cake
1 can of creamy cream cheese icing
A baggie of Spiced Chai tea
A baggie of premeasured Apple Juice/Cider.
4 Biscotti - LOVE these
3 baggies of individual creamers in French Vanilla, Irish Cream ( mmmmm) and Hazelnut

Boy am I set up for a while!!!!! Thanks so much Tammie. You did great. I love it all !!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm, bet a little cake would make me feel better. After I get over the excitement of this box, I may have to make one before DH get home. LOL

Thumbnail by Crit

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9219784

Goodness, look at all those goodies! Was the cake good?
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #9219974

Glad the box arrived.. this is how mom and I keep our favorite drink mixes. We buy the big cannisters and then package them into individual serving zip bags ready to use. No messing with big cannisters. Just refilling the little baggies once in a while. We just use the coffee maker to keep hot water handy and choose which drink we want. Same for the cakes.. which we want. Moms favorite is the carrot. Great for quick easy snacks any time. It is so funny watching TV at night mom will suddenly say "I think it is cake time!" We jump up and go into the kitchen to fix a cake... darn we have so much fun! We laugh about how easy it is... too easy.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 28, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9221208

Lordy - what a blimp I would be if I could make cake any time I wanted.

A few days ago I had a blinding lightning strike of a memory of someone's recipe for frozen lemonade pie. Tammie - was that you? Was it really just a box of cool whip and a can of lemonade and a pre-made graham cracker crust?

GOOD LORD.

Somebody help me with this one.

Work was hysterical this week - I feared on Thursday I would get in trouble for having too much fun. :D

I don't remember hearing peals of laughter the first week or two as I sat at my cube - like a fracking morgue. But I literally fell down on the floor (I didn't have to but it's been a while so why not - a big fat 43 year old "intern" laying on the floor laughing) on Thursday. Too much too long to tell, but it's an everyday occurrence. How absurd. I can't believe they're paying me to do this.

I am delighted we've got more mugs going out there!

Patti - Tammie - I think I will have to find a mug that says my house was clean last week. Or was it three weeks ago? It's been so long...

I think there may be just one more box outstanding. Thanks for your patience and all this fun, ladies. We are out of coffee filters and Court - bless him - has been the one setting the coffee alarm all week. I am working more hours than initially forecast and he's been a peach making dinner at night (he gets crabby when he's hungry so he's got incentive or he won't eat till after the goat eats which is 8 p.m. +++), doing the dishes (the ants are back so we can't leave anything on the counters overnight), and making coffee. It was only this morning I found what looked like a used diaper in the coffee filter cone in the coffee pot. HAHA HAHAH. He's making a coffee cone with paper towels. I guess that'll be my mission for the weekend.

I have also enjoyed the single cup brew machine from Black and Decker that I bought new in box from a lady on Craigslist for $10. I have it on my desk at work and before John (my intern counterpart) and I set out for our afternoon site visits during the 4-6 slot, I begin making coffee at 3 p.m. Luckily (!) John is also a coffee freak and he has been very appreciative of me making him Black Silk coffee with carnation "Cafe Latte" powdered creamer. I don't - well haven't - gone in for the powdered creamer in a long time, but the kitchen in this place is on another planet, so . . ... I saw this flavor was on clearance and bought it and very happy with it - I don't use sugar in my coffee so this was perfect - it just makes it taste a little creamier - and my usual order when splurging on a $3 cup of coffee is the latte.

So anyway. I have Neener's mug on my desk there and it's become a fun place to be. I only have one plant at my desk so far - tiny spiderweb succulent - but there is a skylight almost like an atrium ceiling 2 stories above my desk. It goes straight up and I can see the windows from the 4th floor which are enclosed by this skylight/dome. I am on the 3rd floor. Maybe I'll take a picture and post - it's really an exciting place for a girl hired for her plant knowledge. Now I have to nurse some plants back to life 'cause I can't take dead looking stuff in or they'll doubt the reason for my hire. ;)

LOVEYOU ALL!!!
Have a groovy day.
xox
A.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2012
1:14 PM

Post #9222632

I do LOVE my mug!!!!! May have to take a closer pic of it so you can see the writing and the little stones all over it. Says dishwasher safe, but I am handwashing it for now. It is so cool. My husband agrees with the saying too. lol I hard clean the house, as best as I can, the week before we have our "family day" here each month. Then I get 3 weeks off. lol

A., sounds like you ARE having way too much fun to be getting paid for it. Wish there was something I could do like that. I need something good to laugh at. Haven't had a good laugh for a long time.

Oh, got my notice my subscription is up August 11, so if I don't answer dmails or something, it's because it is off for a while. As sporatic as I have been on lately, you probably wouldn't even notice I am gone. lol I won't stay gone for long, but wanted to give you a heads up. If you want my email address, just dmail me in the next few days with your mail and I will send it to you. I hope to be able to stay on, I just have to figure out a way to 'budget it'. LOL Just had a long list of S**T happen all at once that takes up $'s not expected to be needed. But have no fear, I'll be back. Can't stay away from you all. I'd just dry up and blow away! :-)
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

July 29, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9222654

I was probably dishwasher safe before I added the bling to it... but no longer! Hand washing ... definitely a must. I had fun blinging it... when I saw that mug it screamed BLING. I really want to go back and get one for myself.. it is sooo perfect.. that is if my house were EVER clean! LOL
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #9222793

Wow Tammie ... you blinged yourself???? That makes it even MORE special!!!!!!! NO DISHWASHER for it! :-)
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 29, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9222859

LOL Crit I do those power cleans before visitors too!
I hate cleaning house but I like my house to be clean hmmm...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 29, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9222937

Patti - I need a picture of the bling if you can manage it! :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9225315

Sure A. I'll get a closeup pic of it. I don't know if the little stones will show up, but we'll give it a try!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

July 31, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9225389

I refuse to WEAR glitter or studs on my clothes, but I'd have to make an exception for a coffee mug.

Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 31, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9225461

I thought when you lived in the Southeast you were suppose to Bedazzle things especially clothes. Must have been why everyone was staring at me when we went to dinner last week...

JK =P

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2012
9:56 PM

Post #9225615

LOL Kerrie!! Now I want to go get a bedazzler and a big 'ol belt buckle!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9225952

I must have missed that memo. I do not have a bedazzler. Maybe I can find one at an estate sale that is not being used. :D
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9226044

I have ONE T-Shirt that is glittered that I LOVE! It says "What's wrong with always being right?" LOL

OK, here is the bedazzled coffee mug. I hope you can see allllllllll those color coordinated jewels on it. My hands would never allow me to hold something that small. lol Wisell, maybe seeds, but I'm not trying to put them in an exact place! :-)

This mug is FAR from an UGLY MUG. You did such a great job Tammie. I'm so impressed. I can't thank you enough for the box!

Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit

Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2012
1:43 PM

Post #9226210

That mug is so cute!
I have a dish towel that says "Dog Hair is a Condiment". Of course I received that from another dog person.
@ Amanda I think in the South east all the Bedazzlers are being used and you may have to pay a premium for a previously owned Bedazzler.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #9226303

Kerrie, I wish I knew where that towel came from, because that's definitely true!
LhasaLover
(Tammie) Odessa, TX
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9226357

"No outfit is complete without a few dog hairs" I have three Lhasa Apsos and a cat so I am constantly fighting the hair! LOL I actually have TWO of those bedazzlers somewhere! LOL I discovered hot fix stones several years ago and never looked back. I started selling them when I realized it was difficult to find decent stones at good prices. I have a very very small on line business. http://www.hotfixit.biz I mostly sell them because I love using them so much myself and so does my mother.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #9226358

Wow it's awesome! Tammie- it even LOOKS like Patti. :D

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 1, 2012
4:45 PM

Post #9226361

Nice little site there, Tammie. :)

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 1, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9226409

WOW Tammie you're really talented!!!

And I know the feeling with hair...we have five (5!!) golden retrievers in our house right now.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 1, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9226505

LOL I only have 2 Border Collies and 1 cat.
Tammie those are pretty neat!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

August 4, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9229443

I have 3 Rat Terriers that are short haired dogs, but BOY do they shed!!!!!
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 9, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9235566

I received a wonderful box yesterday from Jax. I am set =)
I love all the Aspen brand items they are some of my favorites! Candle is in my sewing room it smells like cookies (not sure that is a good thing LOL).
The mugs one stainless steel togo and a really cute polycarb with polka dots. Now I will have something that will not spill in the arm rest of my truck. Yes I usually take a regular mug with me. If I can get my camera to take a pic I will post one.

Thank you so much Jax!

This message was edited Aug 9, 2012 11:28 AM

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9238720

Well that does me a world of good. I was worried Jax had fallen under her table and could not get up.

Thanks Joyce!

And Kerrie dear - you MUST post photos. That's an unwritten rule, methinks. I will have to add that to next year's list of dos and don'ts.

Ladies I'm whooped. Don't ask from what, I just am. Court and I were talking about vitamins and which one might give me back that life-like energy filled feeling. Perhaps if I lost a few pounds that would help.

Green tea?

Any suggestions? I'm really feeling like a slug, of course the heat doesn't help. It's a beautiful morning here. We've got some sun after days of rain. Temps in the low 80s today. Looking forward to it. Maybe I'll try to get out and do something out there before I lose my motivation.

xox
A.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 12, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9238725

Green tea couldn't hurt! Maybe vitamin E or C? If you figure something out let me know because I need the same thing. :p

I've been waking up between 7-7:45am no matter what time I go to sleep lately. I wish I was better about taking advantage of that!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2012
7:53 AM

Post #9238764

For a minute my brain was so excited about the new job it was waking me regularly on time.

Now the commute, irregular work schedule, and feeling like I can't catch up at home has my brain preferring to have pretty dreams instead.

Will let you know. We do take our vitamins. I've been out of green tea for a while. I'll pick some up today. It's also good for reducing cortisol levels to fight stress (like driving on the interstate!).
xox
A.
Chicory31
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7a)

August 12, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9239357

Are you sleeping well? If not try some magnesium 400mg or a little more, if you are sleeping well try B12 in the morning and again afternoon .
That will get you started.

my camera may cooperate for 1-2 pictures maybe...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 12, 2012
9:40 PM

Post #9239572

Magnesium is my favorite supplement. :D

B complex is runner up.

Take a fistful of vitamins. I think weight loss/exercise is what I need.

Will keep you ALL posted. Ha ha ha - if/when Kerrie posts pictures of her new mug(s) maybe one day we will close this thread! GAH! Who will listen to my blather THEN. :/

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #9256878

After many cups of coffee since my last post it has occurred to me that the mug selection has become mighty thin again. I think Court is hoarding mugs upstairs.

I have been thinking about bringing home Neener's mug tomorrow from my desk at work. I think they already know I'm not normal. I don't need to leave the mug there in my absence to remind them.

Hope all's well. Been crazy busy here. Always surprised at "this time of year" that it's this time of year again.

Closing this thread out methinks. Thanks for another long and wonderful mug swap. Ya'll come back now!!!
xox
A.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 28, 2012

Post #9256987

It was a wonderful swap, looking forward to next year!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

August 28, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9257528

Here's a pretty from you, Manda, and another one from you, Elfie :)

Will see you fellow mugees next time. We should give our Hostess and Dewey, Cheatem and Howe a round of applause for putting up with us!

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine         

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9257632

Awww - love those purple mums Frooot. :)

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 28, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #9257803

I am definitely in for next year!!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

August 29, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #9257939

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 4, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9264463

Me too!!! Love you !!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 4, 2012
12:19 PM

Post #9264720

Amanda, did Jax ever get her mug?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

September 4, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9264798

Yes Linda I'm pretty sure because I sent it myself.

I edited the initial post up there to show that Jax and Kerrie completed their swap too.

I am SO glad I brought Neener's mug home from my office desk last week. It is so cheerful looking on the shelf I have to use it everyday.

Thanks Neener. :)

This message was edited Sep 4, 2012 4:54 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 5, 2012
5:18 AM

Post #9265503

Thanks for the update! Will be waiting for next year!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

September 13, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #9274527

dear Amanda.. your asters ( wild) are ready to come your way.. plz email me at my regualr email.. things here are a little uhm.. unsettled, I need to get these to you.. love you all..
Debra

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2012
4:51 AM

Post #9274754

Sorry to hear things are unsettle Debra, hope things settle down soon for you!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9300058

Thanks for the swap A. Hopefully I can join in next year too.

I'm confused on some of the posts. Are you not working any longer?????

I've been MIA since the end of August. Pinched a nerve in my back August 20th. Have had 2 back injections in different areas since then. It is better, don't have to use a cane to walk. Still hurts but much better than it was! Haven't been on here since then. Just didn't have the energy to do it, plus I have to find just the right position in a chair or bed so that I don't hurt.

Ya'll take care and TTYL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 8, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9300148

Crit, sorry to hear about your back, be careful with those injections, they have been recalled due to so many getting meningitis. Hope your feeling better soon!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/06/health/meningitis-exposure/index.html
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9307396

Thanks LK. Yes, I've been following that and have an email into my doctor to find out where they receive theirs from. PTL, there have not been any cases in our state, mostly east of us.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

October 16, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9307510

That is good to hear Crit!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 18, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9309373

Holy cow Patti - how many times do we have to tell you that you are not a spring chicken any more?!

Hope your back is feeling some better - looks like it's been some time.

I have been crushed with work (yes working still but not many hours/week) and school. No need to get into it here. i am enjoying this my first DG login in MONTHS!

Sorry for being MIA myself. Still thinking of you all often. :)

xox
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2012
12:33 PM

Post #9318087

I know A. But I wasn't doing anything stupid (this time :-) ) when I pinched the nerve in my back. I had gotten out of bed and was going to the kitchen for a 'midnight snack'. As I turned out of my bedroom into the hallway, I felt something 'shift' and got a shooting pain! That was when I did it. UGH!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2012
12:50 PM

Post #9318101

Well I'm sorry. I have an old back injury and I kick myself almost everyday because of the way my joints feel. I know I should be minding my diet and exercise because it really helps everything work the way it's supposed to, but . . .

Take good care. Thinking of you.

xox
A.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America