-
AuthorContent
shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2012
9:03 AM

Post #9148931

I've been making these cute, smaller birdbaths for my smaller birds. I hang them in trees where they are safer than at the large fountain or other larger baths. It's so cute to see the finches and wrens splash around in these small, hanging baths. I have many listed on ebay and just thought about listing on the classified here. I need to check that out.

I wanted to share a few pictures of the ones currently listed.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom   Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Click an image for an enlarged view.

shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9148932

a couple more

Thumbnail by shihtzumom   Thumbnail by shihtzumom

shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 2, 2012
9:07 AM

Post #9148934

and a few more
kathy

Thumbnail by shihtzumom   Thumbnail by shihtzumom   Thumbnail by shihtzumom

Fauther
Mcallen, TX

June 3, 2012
4:54 AM

Post #9149964

Nice birdbaths shitzumom! I've made some my self but I try to keep mine shallow...very shallow, and then I only put about an inch of water so little birds can stand in them. Aren't your birds hidden from view in the deeper ones? You certainly wouldn;t want to fill the blue or red bowls to the top with water would you? Thanks for sharing your idea. Little birds need their own birdbaths away from the big guys. Yours are very pretty. Mine look like pie tins compared to yours...but they get the job done.
shihtzumom
Pearisburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 3, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #9150150

I put a few stones in various colors in the baths and they are not filled to the top. The little birds like them because they are nested in the trees and not in a more open setting. The white bowl with blue design is only 1 inch deep. The blue with white is 3 inches tall as is the yellow bowl, so with a few smooth stones or colored glass they are not deep. The sage green bowl is 1 1/2 inches deep.

I have smaller bowls as well. But you have to have enough space for water or you would be filling it a couple times a day with the high temps and evaporation, and splash or wind blowing. How small are your bowls? Do you have pictures? I would love to see them.

Kathy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Bird Watching Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Best Trees and Shrubs for the Bird Garden? tabasco 234 Jul 2, 2011 1:55 AM
Show me your feeders!...Part 2.... Sheila_FW 302 Nov 12, 2010 11:27 AM
Rose-breasted Grosbeak DonnaB 47 Jul 8, 2011 1:39 AM
Cedar Waxwing Photos duckmother 13 Oct 17, 2007 1:38 AM
Trumpeter Swans Grasmussen 17 Sep 7, 2008 7:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America