-
AuthorContent
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9149982

I have several lenses that could be called brand new, had they not been opened and a couple of photos taken with each one, so I think they would be rated 9 1/2's on a 10 scale. No wear, no marks, all work fine, all items that came in the box is present.
However, I need to sell these items, and would appreciate advice on where to sell these items.
I've been a member of Ebay for a long time, as I'm sure many of you have, but honestly, I don't care that much for Ebay. I have a 100% rating there from many sells and buys, but still, I've just never liked Ebay that much (I've also been ripped off in earlier days, especially before more stringent measures were put in place..)
I had wanted to sell them on a photography forum, but Canon's forum requires 30 posts and 30 days membership (I've been a member for much longer than 30 days, so that's no problem).
I understand this may seem like a redundant and silly post, but I actually wanted to give someone a good deal on these items, as I'm selling them at a price of at least $100 lower than the very best prices I can find for comparable equipment.
Thanks.
gasrocks
Portage, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 3, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9150062

eBay is probably your best bet. I have bought and sold over 600 lenses in the last 4 years on eBay, no real problems. I am not a fan of Craigslist. Used lens dealers like KEH.com will not give you as much as you can get yourself. Yes, many forums have a section for selling equipment but that can be slow and iffy. Depends, of course, on what the lenses are. Common or not, etc. http://www.jcolwell.ca/photography/lens$db/index.htm - a great resource for pricing info.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2012 7:49 AM
dcartphoto
Fort Dodge, IA

June 3, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #9150106

What lenses are you selling?

P_Edens

P_Edens
Willis, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2012
8:14 PM

Post #9151006

I would also be interested to know what lenses you are selling.

Since you are in Conroe, a possibility is the Pixtus photography forum. They do require a few posts before you can sell something, but just making a few comments on some photos will get you there easily. The reason I suggest Pixtus is because it used to be TexasPhotoForum and there are many people from the Houston area on it. You could avoid shipping costs that way.

Patti
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #9165543

NOT to advertise or circumvent any rules here, but just to answer the questions, the lenses are:

1] EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM (Macro)

2] EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM (Ultra-Wide Zoom)

3] EF-24-70mm f/2.8L USM

4] EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM (Telephoto Zoom)

They should show up on Ebay any day now. To be honest, I simply got into photography too deeply financially, and too quickly for an amateur. The lenses could be said to be brand new, had the boxes not been opened, and each one used. I've taken a couple of photos with each lens, and placed it back in it's box. I'd love to keep them, but it would be best to part with them now and gradually build up
my lens collection, which is what I should have done to start with.

Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent   Thumbnail by scottishgent
Click an image for an enlarged view.

P_Edens

P_Edens
Willis, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9165888

Thanks for posting them. They are really good quality lenses and you shouldn't have any problem selling them. Unfortunately, I already have all of those ranges covered. I am looking for one of the older 500mm since I can't afford the new ones.
Good luck.
Patti

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America