Stepping Stones

Midlothian, TX

My New Project

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Very nice Austin.

Talihina, OK

Austin are the black stones obsidian???

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Great job, Austin!! Are these for your garden?

Midlothian, TX

Grits: they are just decorative pebbles.

Stephanie: Thank you! Yes, they will lead from our deck to my garden!

Talihina, OK

very nice I to make concrete things for my garden maybe try one with a lagre flower imbedded in it then peel out the flower and leave the imprint forever

Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

That is a great idea too. One brave lady from our garden club organized several stepping stone sessions.She used plastic plant trays as moulds. It was alot of fun to decorate like you did, Austinram. Definitely need some muscle power to to lift and mix the concrete. What did you use as a mould?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Austin....glad you got your own DG account! You need to post some pictures of your garden as you get it going. Love the stones that are handmade, they last so much longer than those chalky ones you buy.

Fulshear, TX(Zone 9b)

How pretty! I've done some with leaves that crumble away after the concrete has dried but they leave a nice, detailed impression.

Midlothian, TX

Ya'll have Awesome ideas! Thanks!

Ya'll have a good one!, Austin

Talihina, OK

Austin Check out a couple of projects I have done the first one I ever did was using an Elephant Ear leaf as a pattern plus I sent to page that I copied from..

Midlothian, TX

Sorry everybody I have not been on in a couple of weeks...

Grits: That is an AWESOME idea, I may have to steal it from you... haha

These are some of the ones I have done recently...

The one with the broken pieces was kind of random...

Midlothian, TX

Hey Grits,
What magazine or website did you get the idea from?
Thanks, Austin

Talihina, OK

From Garden gate Magazine i can send it as an attch in regular e mail I am pretty sure it is copyrighted but we are not profiting by this exchange of ideas and I was a paying subscriber..Liked the mag but it go too much about the Northeast (sorry Carrie) for my uses,but still a great read ..

Midlothian, TX

Oh! I get that magazine. Its pretty neat. Thanks!

- Austin

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Ooh, Austin.....You need to make some to bring to the swap! Or at least bring one for a door prize so we can fight over it!! LOL!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Austin absolutely beautiful

Midlothian, TX

Thank you guys!

Sheila, I think I might just bring one as a door prize. :)

I'm going to take pictures of all of them that I have made and post them on this thread.

-- Austin

Midlothian, TX

Here they are. (actually, this isn't all of them) :)

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

They look super Austin, one of these days I am going to take time to try some too.

Dallas, TX

Austin, do any of the embedded materials (stones, pebbles, glass, etc) get slippery when wet? Since I have a large yard with a long walk to the alley, AND I don't have a sidewalk or any hardscaping (yet), I would kinda like to know if 'slippery when wet'. Thanks. Love your work!

Midlothian, TX

Tx flower child: I am very I am so late answering your question. The answer to your question is I push the pebbles, stones, etc. down enough so that it is almost but not quite level with the cement. (Sticking up a little). I try to make sure that they aren't slippery when wet. Haha.

Have a good one!
-- Austin

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

I am going to attempt stepping stones Austin.... my issue is getting the cement the right consistency. I already bought a bag of cement & tried using it to anchor something but someone was able to dislodge the stone so I am wondering if I did n't add enough to make it stronger!
I've done mosaics on a table but never an actual stone so I am excited about doing one.......when it's warmer of course!!! hahahahahaha

Midlothian, TX

@ cindylove: sorry it has taken me so long to reply. Did you add some mortar?

Have a good one!

--Austin

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

No I didn't, thank you very much ...I will look into it at Lowe's (etc).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.