Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Talk: Rootblast Fertilizer

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 3, Views: 67
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

jaimelemon

jaimelemon
St. Louis, MO
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2012
10:15 AM

Post #9154621

Anyone have any experience with Rootblast fertilizer (as seen on TV)?

I was bamboozled into this purchase when I was placing an order over the phone with Fast Growing Trees. I was trying to buy the Palm Tone fertilizer for the windmill palms I was ordering for my brother. Of course they were out of what I wanted, but said the Rootblast would be a great substitute. It was a few dollars more, but I said ok, thinking I was getting a similar sized bag of the stuff (Palm Tone was 4 lbs). Imagine my surprise when my plants arrived and I pulled out this tiny little bag of fertilizer. Of course it has "As Seen On TV" stamped all over it, which is almost an instant sign that tells me it is not going to work. Has anyone actually tried this stuff? Did you get good results?
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

July 29, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9222987

Hmmm...sounds like the good ole "Bait and Switch" routine.
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 17, 2013
9:35 AM

Post #9388156

I've been using it for all my transplants and divisions, with great results. I've even moved Platycodons, which supposedly hate that, in the fall and had them bloom their heads off the following year. It's a good product, even if it isn't quite what you wanted.

Happy gardening!

Pam
Farmerdill
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

January 17, 2013
10:17 AM

Post #9388198

Rootblast is relatively weak organic formulation. N-P-k is 2-1-2. Same company offers Tomatoblast N-P-K - 5-6-8 , Plantblast 5-6-5 and Grassblast 8-6-5. Expensive for the amount of nutrients available but should be ok otherwise.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America