Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: 2012 RED, WHITE & BLUE Patriotic Showcase 2

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 204, Views: 1,446
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2012
1:02 PM

Post #9154777

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1259127/
Let the packing begin! Hope you have plenty of bubble wrap for that precious breakable gifts.
Off to the post office swappers, starting June 8th.
Mail out by the 15th of June!
Once you receive you patriotic goodies, please post a picture and I'll then put a next to your name.

PARTICIPANTS:
Lizrainey------------------Liz :-)
BarefootT-----------------Thunder
Bettypauze---------------Betty :-) (WOP)
Seedtosser1-------------Judy
Taters55------------------LK :-)
Abbisgranma------------Marion :-) (WOP)
Synda---------------------Synda :-)
Samigal------------------Pegi
Oberon46----------------Mary :-)
MonkeymomR----------Robyn
Robynznest-------------Robin :-)
Fruit of the Vine--------Susan :-)
Jsxtiger-------------------Jax :-)
warriorswisdomkathy--Kathy :-)
Careyana-----------------Carey
Dahtzu--------------------Faye :-)
MudElf--------------------Kris :-) (WOP)
Jordankittyjo-------------Sis Kathy :-)
Purpbutfly----------------Cindy :-)
Crit-------------------------Patti :-)
Happgarden-------------Joyce :-)
Heavenscape------------Jaye :-) :-)

This message was edited Jun 23, 2012 5:11 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #9154822

Thanks for the new room Jaye!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2012
2:37 PM

Post #9154890

Salute!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2012
8:28 PM

Post #9155263

Thanks Jaye for the new room ...
I haven't been able to get on DG for 2 days ...good Lord it was driving me crazy (I should say a tad more crazy than I already am...LOL) ! Called Hughes Net and we figured out it's my modem so they are sending me out a new one, YAY !!!!!!!!!

Someone Pretty Special is going to be getting a box by Monday ! Sent it Parcel Post as it was 1/2 the price of Priority Mail . Hoping and Praying everything makes it in one piece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9155272

~

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda
Click an image for an enlarged view.

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 6, 2012
9:17 PM

Post #9155295

Got my box in the mail today. Watch the skys for flying boxex. Thank goodness the stores here finally got 4th of July stuff.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 6, 2012
9:31 PM

Post #9155307

We have a Holiday Store in this tiny town !!!!! It carries every holiday year round ,it is Awesome !!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
7:06 AM

Post #9155554

Welcome back Synda! Thank you for reminding me that yesterday was D Day.

Salute back, Susan!

Those brave boys left behind but buried at Colleville Saint Laurent, Normandy, on a cliff overlooking Omaha Beach, still honored on this anniversary.
So far from their American soil, but from what I learnt, apart from Americans who made their pilgrimage there, there'd be Frenchmen too paying tribute.
How that history changed the course of war.

Proud to see some fellow patriots snuck out to mail their packages!!
We shall be expecting to see more photos of RWB treasures.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 7, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9155706

Happ, it is indeed difficult in the sands! My house did have a lovely clematis vine that had no trellis (back then I didn't even know what it was), callas and sagos. House leaked like a sieve though! lol

I was into computers and networking in Florida...I moved there from the northeast where I was working at NEADS (Northeast Air Defense Sector). We were on the edge of the snow belt and it snowed every day in winter. Sure don't miss that! I used to work in weather when I first joined.

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 7, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9156383

It looks like I may make the dead line for mailing. I have all my RW&B things ready, now to get them in the box and to the post office. Saw a woman with a great t-shirt on with a beautiful American flag on it. She said she got it at the LadyBug, not familiar with that, but then I never go shopping except for necessary things. I surely would have loved to send my buddy one like that. Keep that in mind for next year, or better yet put that in a log book or I'll forget aout it Thank God for post-em note!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 7, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #9156455

Looks like Kris isn't able to get either her pc or internet fully working. Anxious to see what she got :-)

Carey, you mentioned working "in weather". What do you do? Like checking rain gauge (kidding) or working closely with a meteoroligist?

Pegi, mail out begins Friday, but we have a few fast workers here.
Deadline is on the 15th, so you still have some time.
I haven't finished my box yet... but will make the deadline this year!!
Last year, the Canadian Post went on strike, so my box was delayed.

May we see more RWB goodies tomorrow!

Special salute to the original Americans!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2012
11:15 AM

Post #9157055

Oh my I am so excite ... Delivery Confirmation say that my buddies box is out for delivery !!!!!!!!!! I just love to give ,I'm not even worried about getting .Wish I could see her face when she opens it ,that is if she can even lift it to carry in the house as it weighs a smidgen over 13 lbs...LOL

Thumbnail by synda

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 8, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9157144

Can't wait to see what your buddy got! That is a heavy box!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 8, 2012
1:27 PM

Post #9157201

Well, I did get my box mailed out today. So, dear buddy, it is on its way. I meant to put a card in it but remembered after I had the box taped up. I'm so anxious to see what everyone is getting. 13 lb. box, could it be coming my way...LOL
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #9157219

rofl...Pegi you about gave me a heart attack, I have almost have everything ready, and thought oh no I am late...rofl. I don't think a 13lbr, can fly that far... ;)

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #9157441

I got my box yesterday! MonkeyMom sent me a fabulous array of Americana...with what looks to be a dessert theme. lol!

Thumbnail by careyana

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9157489

Oh my ,love it all !!!!!!! The candle buckets are so cute !

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9157537

Jaye, as a matter of fact - both! I did indeed have to check the rain gauge and worked with a (military trained) meteorologist. - I worked in the 'current conditions' capacity. We briefed the pilots on what to expect on their routes and what was current on the ground. Worked hand-in-hand with the forecaster so they could issue any warnings as needed. I kinda miss those days and still get excited about clouds. lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 8, 2012
7:32 PM

Post #9157652

Carey, that is a wonderful box of goodies you got!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9157660

I'll be out drawing stars and stripes on our front porch this weekend. I'm sure our friend the green beret will LOVE that when he stops by to visit. lol!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 8, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9157680

great box love the bowls

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012
6:18 AM

Post #9157912

Wonder who would be hauling that 13lb. box? That's the good thing of being the hostess!! I know!! I know!! And this I can say, her buddy's very much in posession of that box, and it came at the right time too!

Carey, I love that simple plague and of course the bowls. Could do some other wonders with that cans too, aside from holding candles.
So, in your old job, you always have your head in the clouds, eh?
Lucky you, to be getting paid for doing that!

This is something personal I want to share with my fellow Americans.
Think most of you know that America's popularity is on a decline overseas.
My family's pretty much pro-Americans, except for one brother.
He's a very staunch Muslim and he idolized a certain dead terrorist. Had pics of that cretin all over the orphanages.
You can expect that there's not much agreement between him and I when it comes to politics.
One thing I stumped him with when I asked him, if USA is so hated, then why do Muslims from all over the world, even Libya, Iran and Syria, want to come to the USA? And you can't say they have nefarious intentions!
And if I were to revoke my old Islamic faith in any Muslim country, I'd be flogged or jailed or worst killed by some family members. They call it honor killing there.
I sure would have been dead a long time ago.

So there, we are indeed a melting pot, a haven for discontented citizens from other countries. Our 2 party political system may be flawed, but we can freely vote without fear of reprisals.
And the freedom to worship the god of your heart.
Viva America!!

Back to the swap :-)
Hope you ladies, who are somewhat related to me (via procrastination) will get those boxes ready by next week. Got to give our buddies ample time to show off their newly acquired pride.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 9, 2012
10:51 AM

Post #9158179

You think I'm not getting the 13 lb. box?? My buddy will have her box soon I hope. I kind of squished the things in the box so hope it arrives in good shape.

Nice RW&B items being sent. I've discovered there are a lot of great items out there. In fact, some months ago when I was in the thrift store I noticed a wooden flag to hang up for a very reasonable price. Of c ourse, I had to get it, but haven't hung it up. Must get it hung and take a picture of it.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2012
12:07 PM

Post #9158283

Pegi I love stuff from the thrift stores and yard sales ...anyone can always send me great stuff from 2nd hand stores !!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 9, 2012
1:34 PM

Post #9158338

Same here. I just wish we had a thrift shop close by!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012

Post #9158499

Lolol Pegi!! I'm like George Washington, I can't tell a lie. Nope dearie, it isn't for you. But I know your buddy will be good to you!!

I love thrift stores. BUT, not the thrift stores here. The goods most of the time look more like Sanford and Son throwaways!!!
Only good deals I found were some jeans, and they're to be repurposed.
Goodwill is about the only one worth runmaging, and it's at the beach, about an hour's drive.
Oh how I miss the thrift stores in Louisiana. Once I got a Mc Coy vase for 50 cents!! Of course, that's pre-Google times!!

Well.. yesterday... my DH brought in a box saying it's addressed to me.
Oh Lord, I got sooo excited thinking it's MY RWB as I wasn't expecting anything else.
Forget about the box cutter, too impatient to look for it.. I tore the tape with dental pick.. and pull out those inflated plastic bags!
Lo and behold and much to DH's amusement.. it was Lola's special food. I had completely forgotten that I had ordered that :))

So I know how anxious some of you are. And especially waiting on pictures to see what others got.

If you haven't packed your box.. please take pictures of what you'll be sending, just in case your buddy has pc or camera issues.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2012
4:51 PM

Post #9158505

ohhhh the post office is throwing my box from state to state then back to state its suppose to be delivered today geeez

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #9158509

Liz, I do hope it's not looted!!! Praying here!! I know how hard you worked on them!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9158572

I sure hope Elfie enjoyed her box!!

USA is hanging on the front door tonight. Need to pick up some tealights to put into the buckets to put them on the back porch table. But I will have some ice cream in one of the festive bowls! :D

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9158591

I'm sure she did Carey ,but it would be nice to see pictures ,that's half the fun of the Swaps ,seeing what everyone gets !!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 9, 2012
6:47 PM

Post #9158624

Carey, I'm so glad you like your box. The stores here just started getting stuff and I was beginning to sweat. Once the stuff hit, I was like a kid in a candy store. Have a bowl of ice cream for me too.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9158664

Synda, that is one patriotic pooch!!! I need to find three of those!!!

Robyn, the whole box was fantastic! I've never found a tablecloth I liked as much as the one you packed. And those buckets?? TOO CUTE!!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9160174

jaye,its there!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9160794

OMGoiodness, I just got home from the Post Office and now I'm thinking I goofed! Oh my, oh my, oh well there is nothing I can do about it now. Mailed something I would like to have but not like anything I've ever mailed before????? Everybody SING: I''m Sorrrrryyyy Soooo Sorrrry!
Gosh, I'll finish going nuts before that box gets where it's going!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
11:31 AM

Post #9160833

Why are you sorry, if it is something you would like, I bet your buddy will love it too!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #9160840

LOL because it is so different from the other boxes. May look more like a Birthday Gift than a July 4th party.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9160847

I know they will still love it!
That is what I always do, when in doubt, I pick something I like, and send it on!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #9160863

Liz,Liz,Liz ...OMG Liz !!!!!!!!!! I got my box today ! THANK YOU,THANK YOU,THANK YOU ♥♥♥ !

You all will have to bare with me for this is going to take a little while ... LOL.

1. A beautiful Card , 4 Solar Patriotic Yard Lights , 2 Wands that light up (made of the nerf foam,great to beat Rick with if he gets out of hand...LOL) , and a Beautiful Candle Jar Cover .

2. A Lovely Wind Spinner , 2 Metal Hanging Stars , a Roll of R,W&B Ribbon , and Napkins.

3.A pair of Socks , 2 Flags , a Wooden Heart Flag on a wooden stick , Glittery Stars on wire sticks , Cupcake Wrapper and R,W&B Sprinkles for my Cupcakes.

4. 2 Star Plaques and a Heart Plaque.

5. 2 Cute as ever Tin Buckets , Star Gel Window Clings , and a Huge Paper Ball Lantern.

Hold on to you Britches there is more to come ...LOL

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9160868

Aspirin...check
back brace...check
furniture mover...check
hoist...check
crane...check...
front door taken off...oh wait it was heavy not large!!

What? You think I GOT the box?

This message was edited Jun 11, 2012 1:55 PM

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
11:58 AM

Post #9160873

Ok here we continue ...

6. An Adorable Bird House.

7. Another view ...

8. OMG ,the Most Beautiful Handmade Pillow ,the pic does not do it justice ,you'd just have to see and feel !!!

9. Another OMG ...Handmade Windchimes ,there is just NO WORDS !!!!!!!

10. Another view.

And there is STILL MORE ...LOL !!

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9160877

LOLOLOLOLOL Marion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back Brace doesn't work, did you rent a 500 ton crane?

Faye, your buddy will love whatever you like!! I know your heart very well :-) It's a good one!

Wowser Synda. Thanks for waking me up to let me know you got the box!

Will be back to check what my patriot sistahs got.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2012 3:08 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9160885

...And we go on ...

11. Another view of the Windchimes.

12. "

13. 2 of the most Darling Little Handmade Bugs.

14. another view.

15. A Beautiful pair of Handmade earrings.

And still More ...

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
12:10 PM

Post #9160888

Yep, sure did!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9160894

Ok now that I have taken up most of the thread ...LOL

16. And last but not least a Gorgeous Handmade Bracelet !!!!!!!!!

17. and me wearing it ...

This is the Bestest Goody Box anyone could of ever gotten !!!!!!!! Liz you went above and beyond , and my Thank You's can't even begin to express the Joy and Gratitude I feel ,...you made me cry with all of the Love that has been put into this box ...♥
I don't even know if I could say what is my favorite ,but it would have to be the Handmade Things that are sing from my heart !!!!!

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9160898

LOL...Marion you are just too funny ...ROFLMBO !!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9160902

I thought I had posted a thank you for my wonderful gifts from Carey. So sorry if I did not. I am having a terrible time trying to post pictures from my dial up. So tomorrow I will be going to the Library and posting pictures from there.

I recieved a Door Bow which is hanging from my front door now, a willy gig, 3 wooden pin wheelsnaplins and plates, 3 plants, and last but not least was a handpainted patriotic mailbox with my name on it. I am keeping that on my desk to hold my stamps so that maybe I will quit losing them,,lol

A truely wonderful box from a wonderful swap buddy!!!

Edited to list my plants:

red: Giant Red Epi
white: Stephanotis
Blue: Agastache " Blue Fortune"

This message was edited Jun 11, 2012 2:25 PM
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9160904

oh synda your so welcome, i didnt make the earrings lol

I've been on pins and needles it was suppose to arrive on Saturday,
and it was flipping between pennsylvania and new jersey and back to pennsylvania omg i was horrified wondering why it was bypassing Ohio lol
so glad you like everything and to think i got it all in one box and nothing broken i heard you woke up jaye he hee, i was telling her a while ago i was buried in yoyo,s making the pillow and a few other things.
im smiling too synda happy r/w/b!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 11, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #9160909

WOW! These boxes are awesome.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9160925

Great boxes...love the wind chime altho they don't last at my house cause it is too darn windy. Is that an old time Sunday glass turned upside down?

Poor Elfie, trying to upload pictures on a dial-up would be a killer...but thank goodness for the library.

Heck darn I hope the birthday box is coming to me, my birthday is coming fast...rofl.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
12:46 PM

Post #9160930

Holy Moly, how big was that box Synda? Love all those goodies! Aren't those button bracelets cool! I love mine I got last year from Liz!

Marion, you got your box too? Pictures please?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
12:47 PM

Post #9160931

Happ, my Birthday is Wed, maybe it is coming this way??

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
12:52 PM

Post #9160935

OH Linda Kay my box was as big and as heavy as my buddies that I sent !!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 11, 2012

Post #9160936

Great RW&B presents! I love all of it. Guess I could be watching for one soon???? Hope my buddy gets her soon.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9160961

LK, I will have pictures but I using Kim's computer and she completely different photo system than I use. I will try to figure this one out and post but if not...will post when my CPU unit is ready. It should be tomorrow as it was promised last Wednesday. Typical!!!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #9161091

Elfie we know how busy you've been with the move! I was more concerned you'd actually gotten the box! I'm glad you liked the mailbox and have a use for it! :)

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2012
4:47 PM

Post #9161194

...i dont beleive i typed all that...and lost it!
i received a box from purbutfly that narly git me mailgirl a hernia! i thought it twas a magician box without a bottom! the more i pulled out...the mre i found! saying thank you is jist not god enuf...but THANK YOU!
she sent...RWB TIGER TEE
RED SEQUIN BASEBALL CAP
RED & NAVY TEA TOWELS
RWB BAKING CUPS AND FLAG TOOTHPICKS
RED & BLUE STAR SHAPE ICE TRAYS
RWB SOY CANDLE
NAVY STAR COASTERS
2 WIND SPIRALS
USA GEL CLING
4 RWB SOLAR PATHLIGHTS
WIND SPINNER
FLAG STREAMER
4 BAG CLIPS
GLO IN DARK FLAG HOLDER
PEACE WALL PLAQUE
SEED BEAD BRAIDED NECKLACE
SEEDS-HARDY YELLOW HIBS, ALCEA, COLUMBINE, BLACK HOLLYHOCK, MOONFLOWER DATURA
an most important...TIGER LILY BULBILS W/DIRECTIONS!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger   Thumbnail by jsxtiger

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9161211

Boy there are some Awesome Goody Boxes flying around the Beautiful USA !!!!

Jax you got a large haul also ,way to go !!! We have matching Solar lights ... YAY !

Great job Cindy ! You always send Wonderful Goodies ♥ !!!!!!!! Love the T-Shirt and everything, and we all know you're Candles are to die for !!!

Thumbnail by synda

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9161215

HELLO!!!!!

When I got home today from taking my baby to the vet (she got fixed) there was a box waiting for me :-)

From sweet Pegi (Samigal), Thank You sweetie!!!!

Two dish towels
Star shape candles
3 section candle holder with a Teddy Bear and Uncle Sam
Patriotic necklace
Teenie Beanie Glory the Bear
Little Fox from The Blast Off Bunch
Flag Key ring
Lip gloss chocolate and strawberry flavored
bandana with Eagle
God Bless America pin

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #9161220

Cindy how Awesome that you got your box the same day as your buddy got hers from you ! And boy you got some Beautiful stuff !!!!!!! And look at that Patriotic Bandana to wear when riding the bike !!!!!

Wonderful gifts Pegi ,what a great box for Cindy !!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9161223

I said to myself after I post my goodies I am going to check my DC# to see when my buddy will get hers...LOOKIE there she was posting the same time I was!!!! :-).

Jax, When I saw that T-Shirt I HAD to get it for you. It was just too pretty to pass up. Hope you like the different scents I used, Red- Cranberry Cobbler, White-Vanilla Flowers, Blue-Island Getaway

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9161225

Yea I know Synda, but how to fold it so the the Eagle shows hmmmmmm I will also wear the pin and of course the lip gloss too ( I was needing some).

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 11, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #9161245

...did i say THANK YOU, purpbutfly? ya knows i's have a infiity ta anythin with a tiger!!!! luving it! and the canl smells sooooooooo delicious!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 11, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #9161261

LOL yes you did Jax, you are so very WELCOME!!! :-) I had fun gathering things for you.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2012 8:00 PM
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2012
6:50 PM

Post #9161329

wow ladies you go some great boxes

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 11, 2012
8:10 PM

Post #9161469

You all are making the postmen work over time delivering all these huge boxes! Nice job everyone! Love all those goodies.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
3:02 AM

Post #9161696

taters55 wrote:You all are making the postmen work over time delivering all these huge boxes!

Yep, with this group of patriotic sistahs, those mailmen will be for once working for their pay!!

I too am smiling broadly over these goodies! Nothing like a cheerful swap, where all are happy with what they got!

Liz, fantastic job as usual! One of the queens of crafts. Love the windchime. I'm looking at sundae glasses a different way now. How many hours it take you to do those yoyos??? Those little bugs are too adorable!!
So, Synda, doesn't your wrist feels good with that bracelet on? Mine does :-)

Kris, Marion.. you both are veteran swappers and have never failed to post pictures, no matter how late. Real life happens, so we'll wait on them patiently :-)

Oh my Lord, Cindy!! You done it gal!!!! You turned Jax into a blabbering mush!!!
You know how she LOVES tigers. That tshirt is just the 'tiger's growl'.
Of course, you can't leave Jax wanting your brand of candle. :-)
Jax, wanna give your mailperson another hernia? Repack that box and mail that to me!

Pegi, you are another marvelous giver! Where did you get that set of candle holder from? Love the beanie and EVERYTHING else!!
Cindy you got some more apparel to wear for your bike rides!!
I can see Taylor eyeing that beanie and the bear!

If only I can reach into this screen and give everyone a hug. Certainly you are showing how much this country means to you just by your carefully chosen gifts. Above all, some of you already know your buddies, through years of being members of DG and took the time to do or get something special.
Like our Pegi here that had read so much of Cindy's love of bike ridings, and remembered to surprise her with a bandana.

These display of affection makes such a marvelous swap!!

LK, you're getting excited too aren't you? Wouldn't it be wonderful if you get a box on your special day? Nevertheless, it will soon be there sistah!

This message was edited Jun 12, 2012 6:06 AM

Thumbnail by heavenscape

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 12, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9161789

lol jaye,
i was determined to do 6 a day 2 before work 2 on lunch and 2 after dinner it was a peice of cake but sewing it all togeather made me nuts when i saw the pile lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 12, 2012
6:08 AM

Post #9161831

Excited yes, but I can wait... I think! LOL!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #9161974

Oh there will be pictures of my fantastic box...it just keep giving, giving and giving!! Synda did an outstanding job not only with the items but the packing!!! Nothing broken, chipped or even rattled for that matter. Heavy? YES!!!!!!!!! LOL

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9162180

LOL...Marion I bet it did rattle a lil bit ...I dropped it , laid on it and even shook the heck out of it before it left me and I did hear a rattle ,but knew what that was ...LOL. I am extremely please to hear nothing was broke ,especially the gooey stuff ! Yes I sent her some local goo ...LOL.

Thumbnail by synda

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9162318

Was gong to be careful about telling about the "gooey" stuff...'fraid someone would want some and it is MINE!!! LOL BTW, great on biscuits!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012

Post #9162377

OK OK fess up...what gooo?

I usually throw my box across the yard, dh about freaks out. I tell him I have to know it is wrapped really well before the PO gets it, not after it has arrived.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #9162405

Marion will have to let you in on that one Joyce ...LOL.

I agree Exactly !!!!!! I'd rather it break for me than be broken when it arrives to my buddy ...LOL

Thumbnail by synda

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
2:24 PM

Post #9162509

Well it is really good...gooy but this really isn't, good on biscuits, and Synda couldn't have chosen a better type for me!!! LOL Helpful?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #9162528

Awesome goodies, folks! Totally amazing gifts and kudos how everyone is being so creative.

Yesterday I picked up the last bits to finish my RWB box, now flying in the wind to my Bud ;-)

Oh come on, Marion. Is it apple butter? Jelly? Jam? Spread the gooey goodness...lol
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #9162566

Okay, okay...it is very delicious blueberry jelly...I really do like it too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 12, 2012
4:42 PM

Post #9162688

Can I have a smear please on buttered toast? lol

I'm still intrigued by that upside down soda glass wind chime, trying to figure out how to make one with the several I have, along with beads and glass in my stash, and if hubby has such a small carbide bit or if an itty bitty diamond drill bit would work better. Do tell, Liz?

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9162718

LOL Just a smear...I am greedy. Sure have all you want.

The is an intriguing windchime indeed.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
6:20 PM

Post #9162800

A few years ago I wanted a friend who did glass art to make me a cut glass windchime and it never happened ...But , NOW I HAVE ONE and I Love It !!!!!!!!! Great things come to those who wait ♥ !

I just have to show it again ...LOL , I'm sooooooooo tickled !!!!!!

The Blueberry Jelly is made by our local Amish. So what are you saying Marion , they can lick the knife after you spread it on your biscuit ...LOL

Thumbnail by synda

abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9162898

No, the can lick the knife after I have spread it on the biscuit and then licked it clean. LOL It is really good Synda...thank you so much once again.

That is one awesome windchime!!!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 12, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #9162968

susan,
im not a good explainer but i'll try lol
dh got this glass drill bit on line a few years back i believe to be a quarter inch hole.
betty had shown a beautiful one done in purple she didnt have instructions so i stared at the picture for weeks
i did do one in glass but i kept exploding them if you look at the glass, where the drill bit is pointing to it has to have very little glass between the bottom and the inside of the glass, i did go to plastic because it was just easier lol but i do want one with glass.

on the bottom there is 4 small holes evenly spaced and on the drinking part there is also 4 holes evenly spaced apart.

now with the hole on the bottom going through the glass i take wire or bailing wire make a knot on the top and leave a long peice running through glass gather beads fold beads in half and run them through the glass
they can be any length i use small chain so i can attach the beads and crystal im reading this and im getting confused im going to have to look for some pictures

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 12, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #9163011

found pic lol

ask away susan i stumped myself on that one i must be tired

This message was edited Jun 13, 2012 4:44 AM

Thumbnail by lizrainey   Thumbnail by lizrainey

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 12, 2012
9:34 PM

Post #9163035

Wow...great gifts flying about. I must admit I need to finish my shopping...been busy, busy, busy!!!! Now it's shop, shop, shop!!!! LOL.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
10:26 PM

Post #9163083

Linda Kay , Wishing You a Glorious Birthday ♥ and All the Happiness You Deserve !!!!!!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
10:38 PM

Post #9163101

What? Taters had a birthday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDA KAY!!! Thought this cake looked mighty tasty!

Thumbnail by careyana

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2012
2:55 AM

Post #9163177

...after all the cake, taters, come join me fer a cuppa(hic, hic!)...we'l toast to ya special day!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9163226

happy birthday linda kay!
wishing you the best
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #9163317

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LK!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOuuu (sorry that note went flat!)

Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by happgarden

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 13, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9164003

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me too!! Enjoy your day.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 13, 2012
4:16 PM

Post #9164034

Gotcha on the tutorial, Liz. Thank you that explaining how-to.

Wishing You the Happiest Day, LK!
I want a piece of everybody's cakes...YUM
Last thing remotely close in this house was fat free Strawberry Shortcake.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 13, 2012
8:39 PM

Post #9164388

Thank you for the wonderful Birthday wishes, cakes, and drinks! We are down at Corpus Christie for a few days, and having a wonderful time, great seafood, and spending time with my youngest son, his girlfriend, and Grandkids!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #9164895

HAPPY FLAG DAY ...

Hope everyone is having a great day ~

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9165213

dahtzu, stop worrying, i love it. its nice and roomy, so i can sneak my goat into the motel. thank you, i will post pix in a few.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9165331

Happy Stars and Stripes Day ladies!

Waving to Susan ^^^^^^^ I got my box today!!!!
My mailman fought the potholes just to deliver the box. I'm pretty sure he was hoping I'll be home so I can tell him what I'm getting this time.
I'm glad it's a dry day today, as he left the box on top of the hood of the truck.

Susan, where did you learn how to pack? From all those swaps?
I was having an anxiety attack, after I pulled the first one that peeked out of the 'peanuts'.. the second.. then thinking that's it. No.. there were more when I felt my hand touching another! Oh my heart!!!
I'm normally a very calm person, BUT not a few hours ago!!
My heart was racing with pure jubilation with all these Red White and Blue pressies, Susan.
And from you too, I learnt humility. You took the time to pay attention to what I like, and what I may need. No words can express my gratitude for your very generous and considerate RWB box.
Think I've calmed down enough to post these pictures!
Thank you, thank you..

A country RWB "Welcome" sign. So Americana!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9165339

A cute bench key rack!! Absolutely functional and I don't have one! Susan, those fingers are Kel's. He was curious about the box, and I put him to work!

Love this kitchen towel!! Love fowls!! Sure won't foul up this fowl!

Thumbnail by heavenscape   Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #9165348

More for the wall.. loving it!!! My wall has spiritual decorations, so it's about time I have something to show my love of gardening.
Look at these!! Ain't they cute??
Kel said he sure could use that rake when he's eating pasta. Said that is much more 'efficient' than a regular fork.

Susan, thank you for the garden flag. Can't get away from patriotism, even in the garden!! Love the dove. Peace to USA!
We all sure can need an extra heavy duty nozzle.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2012 7:35 PM

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #9165350

A wonderful, functional linen basket that I can use anywhere, indoors!
Susan, the Minerva is such a beautiful amaryllis! You've increased my amaryllis collection.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012

Post #9165368

More!!! Look at these!!
As I said, Susan even thought of what I may need, and she selected a dozen fat quarters. I can never have enough fabrics!
Thank you sew much Susan!! I sure can use some for a current quilt block swap on a sewing thread!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9165384

But this, Susan.. this just blew me away.
Patriots, a lovely heavy crystal weight... my own "Liberty Bell".
My heart stopped for a second when my hands followed its' shape. When I turned it over, the bottom is another sight to admire!!
I can't imagine where the artist got his/her inspiration to do this bell. Amazing!!

You had wrapped it so well, and nary a chip or scratch is found.

My fourth of July will be so special, and these will be on display till wayyy after Independance day is over.
Thank you for these beauties to celebrate America!
Bien Merci, Hsieh Hsieh Ne, Shukra, Danke, Terima Kaseh... Susan

*Jayebird*

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9165406

How I very much enjoyed putting your Patriotic box together, Jaye! Of all the swaps I've ever been in, can you believe I've never had an opportunity to send to you?! I wasn't sure if you liked primitive Americana, but I knew you'd like the fabric quarters and thought the red basket would come in handy helping organize your already amazing stash. White on white quarters were slim pickings, thus the Yellow ones as 'remembrance' and green just cause. I've love to see how you use them later on. There should have been a white jar candle inside the top of the Amaryllis box, Coconut Lime? Hope it wasn't broken. Those primitive garden implements came with the rack, but if it works better as a key holder and Kel prefers raking in pasta with the large fork, tell him to go for it! The Liberty Bell paperweight was made by Gibson Glass in West Virginia in 2001 to commemorate 9/11. The company went out of business several years ago and is a paperweight I had in my collection from times I used to buy from them direct. I could think of no better person to share it with :) xoxo

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9165411

Jaye you Lucky Girl !!!!!!!!! So many Gorgeous goodies ,look at that Welcome Star and the Paperweight Bell how Beautiful as is everything !

Susan you gave our Wonderful Hostess such a Grand Box of Treasures ~ ♥ ~ !!!!!!!!

This message was edited Jun 14, 2012 8:49 PM

Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 14, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9165436

Synda, you all are wonderful participants!!! And Susan here is surely deserving of a standing ovation for being so kind to me!

Dearest Susan, what a priceless gift, that Liberty Bell. I'll treasure it always, Susan as it comes from your heart.
Never thought that becoming a member of DG would pave the way for great endearing relationships!
Christie's Auction House won't be getting that bell off my hands, no sirreee!!.. I looked into the box, and sure enough one more surprise. Thank you.. there's the candle as you'd pointed out!!

As for the fabrics, I'd be using some to make Dresden blocks. As soon as I finish one, I'll dmail you a pic.

I love Primitive or folk art, especially Americana.
My favorite artists are Mary Currie (the Apple Lady) and Missionary Mary Proctor.
Yep, both Marys, easy for me to remember!
Here's one painted by the Apple Lady, it hangs in my sewing room. Grandfather reading to his grandkids. A lost tradition nowadays.
Mary recycles and doesn't waste anything. She's prone to paint over the frame!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9165444

Happy Flag Day everyone. Been so busy I didn't even get a chance to get on the computer yesterday. Sorry LK I missed sending you a Happy Birthday. Well, Happy Birthday.

Liz where did you find those huge beads and crystals, I can't find them anywhere.

Edited to add my box is on it's way.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2012 6:59 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 14, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9165498

Fruity, I can see Jaye, smiling from here! You have made her so happy with all those surprises in that box! Love that bell!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 14, 2012
8:03 PM

Post #9165646

Happy Birthday Linda Kay

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9166086

Fruity absolutely knows how to pack a box.

Beautiful selection!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back outside and draw some more with my chalk for DH's homecoming this afternoon. :D

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 15, 2012
11:07 AM

Post #9166342

What great presents!! Now I'm getting anxious about receiving my box, been so busy with DH and doctor appointments I haven't been bothering the mailman. Well, now I'm going to keep bugging him. LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 15, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9166753

Copied from Betty's thread...

Mega drats, Judy d-mailed me that Liz (Lizrainey) had a heart attack and is in hospital. I called Liz, she is in good spirits, not thrilled with giving up smoking/eating rich foods but knows she must do. they put a stint and she believes she may get to go home today. Kenny I'm sure will keep a close eye on her antics..lol

Can't believe she worked all day without going to the hospital, thought it was indigestions

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 15, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #9166885

Sending healing prayers to Liz.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 15, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9166897

Way to go Susan..Super box. Love the bell.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9166958

Oh Liz . Sending Hugs and Prayers that you will be OK and on your feet again soon ♥ you are a true Gem ! So get lots of rest and eat healthy ...We hate it when the ones we care about are ill !

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 15, 2012
8:36 PM

Post #9167107

thanks girls im home now board stiff lol honestly havent smoked since tuesday dont miss it
i cant believe it happened i was 100% clogged as soon as the stient went in ,
wow i actually feel great
now to cut my fat greasy treats in half :( but when you get a second chance i needed to open my eyes.

robyn, i found them at michaels, walmart and dollar tree every time i would see them i'd grab a bag

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 15, 2012
9:27 PM

Post #9167141

Yeah!!!! I got my package today, already in the garden tonight. Just love it, Thankyou so much JAX!!!!! It's soooo cute!

pix3: this is for you! You will be amazed at how much energy you have now once the healing is complete. After 2, I still haven't given up ciggs yet. Lol...

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2012
9:37 PM

Post #9167145

Awwwwwww How Adorable Kathy , I can just imagine your great joy !!!! Jax my dear you have wonderful taste ~ !!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 15, 2012
11:53 PM

Post #9167175

Prayers for Liz. Glad you are home and healing. Scary moment I'm sure.

I love that little gal with the flag and her darling brother saluting it. PERFECT!!!

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 16, 2012
12:22 AM

Post #9167179

Oh isn't that just the cutest yard ornaments!!!

Liz, glad you are ok jeez what a scare.
It was 102 today, I was helping a friend spend her money on flowers :-), then we spent time in the pool. She wants me to plant flowers around the pool. She wants me to come every other week. We planted up quite a few pots and sat them all around her deck which is off the living room, with a view of Lake Oroville marina. I didn't get a picture but I will be back up there next Thursday

Here's one of the pool

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 16, 2012
7:13 AM

Post #9167388

Kathy, I love that statue of the kids and the flag!

I got my box of goodies from Kris, well actually her Grandson Gryphon picked it all out, and I am thrilled with everything they sent!
I got a flag, an RWB bow, that I will put on the front porch. Some pretty RWB ribbon, sparkly stars, and dizzy danglers.
A beautiful T shirt, that says Red White and cute! Love those kittens!
Hanging stars and some beautiful fabric in red white and blue!
I think I will make a table cloth, or maybe some pillows with the fabric for my front porch!

Thanks Kris, I love all the items you guys sent, and Thanks for the great box!

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 16, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9167654

Nice box there Linda Kay, love the fabrics, that will look great on a front porch...good idea.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 16, 2012
7:52 PM

Post #9168140

Liz, You scared the willies out of us. I'd so glad you're alright!

Love those statuary kids, Kathy.

And I know how proud your are too, LK, with Gryphon picking out your goodies. How sweet is that?

Your friend's pool would have felt really good today, Cindy. I say go for it whenever you get the chance. And as long as she's buying, split a few of her plants for yourself :)

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 16, 2012
9:30 PM

Post #9168246

Linda Kay how nice to come home to a box from your swap buddy, the shirt is so cute .Kris you really showed your buddy how much you love her .

Cindy tell your friend her pool is Gorgeous ,it looks so calming !!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9168701

Wishing all your Father's Day celebrations turn out a good one :-)
Mine's with God and I know he's having a blast!

Carey, how did your DH react to that chalked doorsteps or walkway? He must have been surprised!

Faye, I failed to add that Jordankittyjo (or sis Kathy) plays with goats. When she says she can sneak a goat in.. she's mighty happy!
Come on Sis, we're WOP (waiting on pictures).

Kris, you are so thoughtful as to include LK's favorite pastime. Collecting fabrics! I can see her mind still churning, thinking of something fabulous with them. Love that Pusses in boots!! Texas cats for sure!

Yes Liz, you gave us quite a scare. Thank God for a small man made miracle like the stent! No major surgery.. no prolonged stay that will take you away from home..
I'm happy to hear your cheery self again!

Cindy, you have a very lucky friend. Never know she might spread the word around of your landscaping talent plus your craftwork. You're on to a new career!

The candle that I had overlooked from Susan, was a soy candle. It hasn't been lit and whenever I sniff it, memories of home came flooding. Love it, Susan.

Pegi, you get to rest today. No mailman will be working on Sundays. You're wishing eh? Lolol.. resume your wait Monday, but stay indoors please when it gets too hot!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 17, 2012
10:29 AM

Post #9168759

thanks girls,
Cindy im so jealous of that pool and i could of used it yesterday it must of been a bad scorcher your way.

nice box LK look forward to seeing what you make from the material.
im ok just board i got the gastapo on all sides spying on me with all the barking orders maby next week i can do things lol

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #9168789

Liz, if the Gestapo are watching you, just be glad Hitler is in NC :))
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 17, 2012
10:51 AM

Post #9168795

roflol omg i'll be giggling all day on that one.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 17, 2012
12:45 PM

Post #9168875

It won't take much effort on my part to give you another earful, Liz!!
I'll be checking on you to make sure you stay off that Prime Rib and BBQ fat!!

WWK-Kathy, I am jealous of your statue!! Look at how much it sets off your surrounding flowers.
Jax could sure pick a good one!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 17, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #9169220

Hi Ladies,
Yea I love that pool, been going through my garden books look for plants for year around color.
Yes Liz it was and still is, Friday and Saturday 102, today 98.

Oh yea and my friend, Sheri she loves FROGS can't see them to well but there are some tucked in the rocks here and there.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 18, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9170034

Mine is off in the wind this morning, should get there Wed. or Thurs.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
10:34 AM

Post #9170076

Thank you Kathy. Now you could start collecting for next year's RWB swap!

If anyone should be having some problems mailing out, please dmail me.

I'm expecting more pictures today!!
So far, everything that's posted here have been awesome.
Gonna be a special 4th of July for sure. Where can you find this grand 'institution' on other sites?

Thumbnail by heavenscape

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9170288

ok, as promised, a pic. of my handbag faye sent me. big enough to hide my critters in. once again, thank you faye

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9170354

That's a very pretty bag!! Well done Faye!
Sis Kathy, you'll be one stylish American woman!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012
1:56 PM

Post #9170370

yep, me and my critters

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9170437

Sis you need to post that pic of Annie over here!
She's just as American as you and I!!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9170463

There must be at least one fellow patriot opening her box today!

Okk.. wrong pic up there so, adding the red and white too!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

jsxtiger

jsxtiger
(jax) Dundalk, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
2:42 PM

Post #9170474

wwk, so glad ya like that one! but gotta git the other box off ta ya!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 18, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9170494

ooooh, what, what? I got another box coming? But I just got one from you, and they are roaming about in the garden, lol...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 18, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9170497

Marion, did you ever post your pictures?

Love that tote! It is so pretty!

This message was edited Jun 18, 2012 5:03 PM

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 18, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9170504

The TOTE is Beautiful ! Would make a great overnight bag or even a Reusable grocery bag ...

Thumbnail by synda

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #9170648

(((Robin))) My wonderful box from you came today, stuffed with so many neat RWB's.
Must be my week for bears since Jax sent one with me baby. This one's a Patriotic cutie I set in the Mini Hosta container garden (that also has the gnome and polymer clay house you gave me).
The sparkles with a heavy weight are so pretty.
I used a flameless votive in the Liberty candle jar and set it on my desk.
Other items included RWB socks, a Flag windsock, Flag pin, several signs along with the wooden one with bunting you can see in the middle of the pic. Might hang it on our mailbox for all to see.
All rounded out with a 'You're Special' card. YOU are special to me too, Robin, and will think of you each time I see or use my thoughtful RWB gifts! xoxo

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 18, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #9170671

I just know that someone would be opening a box today! Telepathic huh?
Yes Susan!!! We all agree with Robin that you're indeed one special lady!!
Love that wooden sign, screaming "I LOVE AMERICA"!!
Goodness, all those goodies to celebrate the 4th with, and socks too!!
So much care put into that box, awesome friend you are Robin.

Cha Cha Cha away, Susan!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 18, 2012
5:38 PM

Post #9170674

I'm so glad you liked them, I wanted to send more but for some reason there isn't that many places carrying RWB around here, except Wally World and they were out of almost everything. You are very welcome.

I'm going back for one of those candle jars.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 18, 2012

Post #9170945

I haven't posted pictures yet...last week was unreal. I had carefully planned out the week for what was happening and what I would get done on my list...well you know what they say about list and planning. Doesn't always work out like you want. Pictures will come for sure.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 19, 2012
6:13 AM

Post #9171296

Fruity, love those pressies from Robyn! Looks like you are collecting teddy bears?

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 19, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9171392

Oh my Susan how adorable is Everything ! If we lived closer we could were our socks together. I just love it all ,what Wonderful Presents you sent Robyn !!!

If the Postal workers knew what glorious things were in these boxes I bet they wouldn't be easily handed over !!!

Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #9171482

Well then, we just have to start looking for good sales on RWB teddy bears, just in case we get Susan's name next year or for our next buddy.
Who could resist a cute TB! I married one!! Lolol!!

Marion, I am anticipating a whiplash from your pictures. How many pounds was that box again? I'm certain about one thing though, you'd be posting a pic of an empty blueberry jelly jar!

Before the evening's over, there will be more pressies to be shown off!
Come on mailmen!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2012
8:51 AM

Post #9171498

Oh my goodness. I just read a story about a lady so determined to find things made in the USA, she started a website. I LOVE the name!

http//:www.OhsayUSA.com

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 19, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9171527

http://www.ohsayusa.com/

Thank you Carey!! So glad that there is a such a patriotic site that promotes all made in USA. This will just help keep some jobs here!
I hope the flag that was made in S.C, is not from the same plant that's closed.
Somewhere in Longs, S.C., there's this flag plant that had been there for years, and just this year was turned into a fireworks store.

We are doing our part to promote patriotism for sure!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9171630

as requested, my kids

jordankittyjo

jordankittyjo
Bessemer, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 19, 2012
11:03 AM

Post #9171634

sorry, forgot the pic

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 19, 2012
11:42 AM

Post #9171680

You know as I was packing my box this morning, I did get a little sad that I was promoting red/white/blue and ever dang thing in it said made in China. That is really sad. Gonna check out the website.

I heard an interview with the gentleman who developed the mag flashlight. I buy these every year for at least 2 people on my list, they are great flash lights and just because of his commentment to made in America. At the time of the interview everything the mag flashlight was made of except the bulb was made in America. He said he would buy a bulb if he could find one here...

This message was edited Jun 19, 2012 12:52 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 20, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #9172840

Lost you all!! Am enjoying looking at all the RWB being received, patriotic for sure!

Sure hope mine arrives before the 4th...was told it would be so here's hoping..

I'll be receiving RWB next week starting Wednesday, some real USA patriotic citizens will be arriving at my doorstep, what better way to celebrate Canada Day AND July 4th...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 20, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #9172901

Thanks for posting that Sis Kathy.
Kel took a look at the pic, wondering what's next to you, when I told him that's Annie, the baby goat. He then said, "Aha! Goat jerk!!" (that's a Jamaican specialty)

Joyce, I love those mag flashlights. They're very durable and the earlier models make good protection ;)
Yep, you're right. So many manufacturing plants have gone either south or overseas. With that, they may cut costs, but the quality isn't there.
I used to work for a large textile company that shut so many of it's instate operations, but kept only one sewing plant and the warehouses open.
That one plant is ONLY for repairing all the boo-boos found from the overseas factories. Then they'd re tag the products with "Assembled in USA", until customs put a stop to that!!

Hello Betty! How could you get lost? Didn't you hear our squeals from getting so excited over the pictures?
I sure wish I could be there for your sistahs gathering. Nothing like keeping up with DG friends that you've met and meeting new ones. You'd be laying out thick those RWB that you've amassed over the years. Sincerely wishing you a good time Betty and plenty of hugs from your guests.

Well Susan... calling Susan... your box simply keeps on giving!!
I found an ecological foot soap that smells so good, that's stuck next to the amaryllis!! I never had in my life purchased a special soap just for my feet. That certainly will be a treat for them.
Thank you so much Susan!!

Come on now.. SOMEONE post pictures please!! Share so we can get ideas for next year!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #9173967

Thank God it's quiet yesterday!!
My 'net had been giving me problems, so that's a good thing!

It's starting to feel like the regular June weather! Heat, and more heat! Wish I could go over to Crit's and use her pool!!

Ladies, check your doorsteps. Someone should get a box today!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9173979

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ!!!
May today be a wonderful day for you, and may you heal completely.
Love you, Liz!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #9174013

Happy Birthday Liz! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #9174285

Sooo sorry I got my box yesterday apparently. I was suppose to be on vacation, long story short really bad bad day all work related bad.
Anyway I got the best box yesterday from our own heavenscape chocked full of cool things.
I am guessing you made the wall hanging? It is beautiful and I love stuff like that. Just love it.
First and so nice is the wall hanging I just love that
Then the pot sticker peace sign, yes I remember those years...rofl
Pot sticker angel is way cool
Look at the bird house, that is so fun and right in front is a bell that hangs from the bottom...rofl.
Then a great box with six suckers too fun and I love suckers, there is blueberries and cream swirl, pina colada..yes, and wild cherry...
Set of pencils
Notepad
Flag for the window
and a license plate, I will have to put that on the 3 wheeler since Missouri we have to have 2 license plates on our cars ;(...
Only thing that saved my day yesterday was the great box, sorry for having to wait so long to post. My box is going out today and I am so sorry for it being so late...but hopefully they will enjoy it.
Well seems I forgot to attach the pictures, please see below... geehz.

This message was edited Jun 21, 2012 10:12 AM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #9174287

You guys gotta see this wall hanging and the bird house, well everything but they are just too cool.

Thumbnail by happgarden

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2012
10:55 AM

Post #9174434

Jaye, you made her day for sure! But you sent the angel to the wrong, you know I collect angels! LOL!

Love that wall hanging, it is beautiful!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 21, 2012
11:01 AM

Post #9174440

Happy Birthday Liz I so hope you have a great day and that you are feeling much better !!!!!!!!

My my Joyce what a grand surprise to get , especially after such a bad day ! Get pressies Jaye your work is always soooooo beautiful !!!

Thumbnail by synda

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 21, 2012
11:07 AM

Post #9174442

Double wow, what a box, something else..now I almost think that that wallhanging should have come to me, doesn't it match the beautiful hand made piece you sent me last year!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #9174470

Joyce, I honestly didn't know the box got to you yesterday!! DC said you'd be having it today! Wow!! Glad the tracking was wrong.
It's there to cheer you up. No memory of that bad day. :-)
Blushing here, glad you see it as a wallhanging. I was thinking, Joyce may need a table topper. You can return that piece and I'll sew a sleeve on the back, so you could hang it on a wall. I really don't mind!
Happy you're tickled by the hat birdhouse.
Everything is packed with thoughts that your garden, house and even vehicle should show RWB!!

LK, I'll make you a special blue angel "just because"!!!

Betty, you caught me there! You know that I'm the queen of scrappy! When you asked for certain colors, I'm thinking of scrappy for one swap, remember!! Lol!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 21, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9174487

Jaye, I packed that lovely box, filled to the brim with RWB items from last years swap, need to get it out to decorate for next week's guests but now I have to first remember where I put it lol

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #9174506

Oh Lord, Betty!!
Lololol.. that's evidence of a hoarder..when one can't remember where one packs away stuffs!! That's me, yep!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 21, 2012
12:20 PM

Post #9174544

Amazed I can find it, certainly not a hoarder unless the box was small enough to fit in the closet, which it isn't..my mission tonight is to find it..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #9174823

I have a hand made wire that looks like a clothes hanger and some clips and I was going to hang it over the fireplace hopefully. My goal like you guys is to find the box the wire is in a d the clips but thank you for the offer to add a piece to it.

You have no idea how wonderful it was to receive that box yesterday. It was bad enough for me to clean house from dark to 3am... I am better today had to get some prospective and out of my wounded cocoon mode into it is only work not life and death. Love my package.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

June 21, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9174866

Great box Joyce, I love that birdhouse.

Super job Jaye, as always, and that wall hanging is fantastic.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 21, 2012
6:55 PM

Post #9175049

Joyce, I had intentions of sending you some fried frog legs, but thought that will scare the dickens out of you!!! Or, they might give you some chuckles!! Anyway, here's hoping the rest of the week at work will be much more calmer for you.

Thanks Robin. You give a good box too!
So, next vacation, maybe you can keep an eye out for RWB goodies, being that they're hard to find in your area now.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 21, 2012
7:56 PM

Post #9175129

Jumpin fried frog legs...omg!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2012

Post #9175145

LOL
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

June 21, 2012
10:01 PM

Post #9175301

Aha. I received my package. Wow. A gorgeous deep red vase, a clear sugar or popourri holder, three packets of seeds, a drink holder that is double lined to keep cold, and lots of plants. Thanks Kathy. The plants look good. out to put them in soil and water ASAP.

Thumbnail by Oberon46

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 21, 2012
10:07 PM

Post #9175312

Mary you got a Wonderful box of Goodies ,LOVE the Vase !!!!!!! Way to go Kathy !!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 22, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #9175527

Oh Happy Day ...it's only supposed to be in the high 70's to 80* today instead of the high 90's !!!!!!! ~ : o)

Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9175562

Goodness Kathy!! You don't play around do you?
I love that classic line vase. That sugar bowl is to die for!!
Mary, I'm reading Columbine and Salvia seeds, but what are in the other packet? Kathy is sure generous with her plants!!
Wonder where she found that double lined drink holder. Haven't seen it around here.
Thank you so much Kathy for putting a smile on Mary's face!

MonkeymomR~Robyn, waving here!!

Kel's having migraines from being exposed to heat in a polyester uniform, at school yesterday. Surprisingly none of the 60 correctional officers passed out. They must be tough to endure that!
I made sure he had some Gatorade last night, remembering he might have lost some electrolytes sweating too much.
Well Synda, it's in the house for him this morning, with the a/c blowing on him!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9175589

Kathy, I looked up all the plants and they are just what I wanted. So much blue which I really like in my garden.
verbascum Phoenicium (could be pink, white, or purple)
Johnny Jumpups
Veronica spicata "Sightseeing Blue"
Linum Perenne "Heavenly Blue"
Althea Hollyhock (could be dark red single or pink)
Scabiosa
Penstemon Strictus "Rocky Mountain Blue"

They were in dirt and outside to take long drinks and get the cool night air within 30 minutes of arriving. I have a new 'nursery bed' when I am sure they are happy. Don't want to stress them by putting into the ground just yet. Thanks again so much.
Mary/Oberon

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9176013

Heaven...that cup was hollering at me as I was walking down the isle at Walmart, ME, ME, ME...lol.

Mary look at the bottom of the red vase, it looks like the base is handblown glass, I didn't notice that til packing. I wanted you to have a pretty vase for all those lovely flowers you grow... And that little glass container with lid, thought it might be a great place to put the potporri, (which the package shows as blue).

Sure glad it all made there and THE PLANTS are still alive!!!! Yeah!!!! I would have stuffed more plants in but alas no room, lol. Sorry, I just don't have much in the way of red flowers, guess I need to do some shopping...

pix 1: Linum perenne, flax
pix 2: Scabiosa, gets 30-36", all season and can reseed
pix 3: Penstemon strictus Rocky Mountain Blue
pix 4: Veronica spicata Sight Seeing Blue, 28" all season
pix 5: Alcea, perennial

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

June 22, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #9176116

I have sugar in my little bowl, a soda and ice in my drinking glass, and waiting for flowers for the vase. LOL. Thanks for the pictures. I was pretty well able to find them on line and will add them to my database. My fernleaf peony has opened up and now it is a race between Red Charm and Mackinac Grand.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 22, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #9176373

OMG, Mary, Kathy did set you up for a garden that will be the envy in your neighbourhood.
I just love the look of a naturalised garden!
Good job Kathy.

Betty dahlin'. If you didn't get your box by now, check with the post Monday. Unless customs decide to snoop and keep it for themselves!

I was going to complain about the heat, then I remembered what I'd shared on FB.
Got to be grateful that it's not 120 out there and miles away from home like our boys overseas.
Sure am thankful for these brave service men and women.

Waiting on more smiles and ehem.. a couple more pictures.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9177016

E m b a r r a s e d,

Here I was gabbing, excited as could be and was on the RWB Flower swap..lol
Confused the ladies for sure...

I'll move over my posts

Morning all,

May I say to my swap partner, items are coming..

First I will apologize, the main gift (homemade) was not done..it was sketched and will arrive for you to use it once July 4th has passed, know your love for you country and know it will be out year round.

You know with me having the Sistah's Gathering here in Canada, friends arriving Wednesday, that there was lots to do in the gardens and add being I'll into it, well let's say I know you will understand! But a late gift will be coming..that does not mean there is no 4th of July pressies for you..

As I haven't been stateside for the past several months I was not able to find RWB items so shopping I went via Internet.. Items being sent and hopefully to you early week will compensate until you real gift arrives...that being said, the store sent me an e-mail that some of the items have been shipped and other were to have been sent out shortly after..let's hope they are! The store I shopped from is very reputable so we'll see...not so sure even though I said it was a gift that my name will be on the package, SIL Suzanne did the ordering for me..sooo if you get a gift from a strange name know it came from me. Lol

Now I have not received my 2012 box but will run to post office right now to see if it is in..

Must tell you though, as I walked through all the gardens I saw many items from various swaps and was overwhelmed..I'll have to ake photo's to show you as I reminisce .

Then came the ohhh's and the ahhh's..got to tell you Jaye, if you are not here with us this week for the gathering in person, you sure will be in spirit and your RWB decorating items will be set out..found my box..got to tell you, those coming will think they are home in the good old USA...thank you, thank you!!

Can you see Jaye I'm on a high

This message was edited Jun 23, 2012 8:48 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9177019

Ok, suspense is on..went to post office, live in little town so only minutes away..parcel card is there BUT it opens at 9am..will give it a few more minutes and back I go. Lol

Who can it be from

Usually as you know I've got who got who and through process of elimination know the few I may have received from but boo hoo did not keep track the swap..will know shortly now won't it.

Someone played a trick on me, thought for sure the RWB swap box might have been forwarded to one of the Sistah's coming this week and it would be hand delivered. Lol

Back to post office I go

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
7:00 AM

Post #9177033

With tears in my eyes as I open MARION's RWB swap box I think how wonderful it would have been for her to be with us this week...I'm sure she felt the same as she packed up the box (hiding my head in shame at the $$$ for posting) because she sent enough goodies those attending will feel right at home!!

Where to start, where to start??

Knowing I love primitive, I received wooden lettering that spells out W e l c o m e!!

A fun trio dressed in RWB garb, too adorable

Windchime RWB birdhouse
Metal Star to match my other set, already found a home for it..lol

Decorative pail

Fixings for brunch, containers for hot dogs/hamburgers, napkins, ahhh mini toothpick flags

And for me to look the coolest in our celebration

Beads (I'll share) sunglasses, head decoration..ohhh RWB tatoo's, windmill decor which blows in the wind

Foil lanterns RWB

Charging batteries and then I'll post..

Have a job for those coming, decorate for July 4th on July 1st which means I'd best pick up Canadian decorations..how embarrassing would that be..

Marion, you made my day, better than this would have been you in a box!!!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 23, 2012
11:03 AM

Post #9177266

Betty how wonderful !!!!!!! Can't wait to see PICTURES !!!

Thumbnail by synda

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 23, 2012
12:29 PM

Post #9177343

Don't know what happened to the post I THOUGHT I just sent. So many beautiful RW&B gifts being received! I'm being patient and waiting for my pkg. to arrive...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9177354

Hi all ... I know, I've been MIA for a long time. Lost the link to the post and had to go in seach to find you again. :-) I'm so far behind in reading all my threads, I may just give up and start over. lol

I have to apologize to my buddy. I am so far behind on everything, but will get your box out this week. I need to make a list of my swaps so I can keep up. I keep going back to my dmail to keep up with my buddies! UGH.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 23, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #9177462

Crit, I'm about to trek my way to Tulsa and drag you out of your swimming pool!!! Lol.. welcome back Girl!!

Oh Betty, I think you know how I'm feeling not able to find the means to make it to your gathering. I'll just be there in spirit and my DNA is already on some of your RWB decorations.
It's not like you not to deduce who would be your partner, but then, you've been unusually busy.
Yes, I am hoping that maybe Marion might have that chance to see you, alas, her mother needs her.
Am so anxious to see pics of the box' contents and am wondering why she didn't include a chef for your brunch!! Lol!!
I'm sure Marion did an excellent job!

Kris, we are still waiting on pics. If you can get to the nearest public library next week, I am anxious to see that painting Carey did just for you.

Not going to complain what kind of a day I have today. Have to keep reminding myself that our boys and girls on the battlefield would love to be in my shoes.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #9177491

Opened the box and just sat and looked at it for a second, get so overwhelmed to be included in the RWB swap

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #9177497

So many pretty things..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
2:54 PM

Post #9177501

Imagine me with sunglasses on, tatoos ohhhh and Jaye had given me RWB nailpolish, now if only Thunder were here to do my nails..lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9177508

I'll have to share necklances with the ladies,yikes, not enough of them, ok Paul and Steve can wear them !!!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9177510

Welcome...so inviting for my American guests

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9177516

Then I found Jaye's 2011 RWB swap box and thrilled I was to have kept it for this years Gathering..

By now Missy is saying, more RWB???

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #9177611

Betty that is one incredible box!!!!

My heart is bursting that you're with us in celebrating the red, white and blue!
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 23, 2012
8:26 PM

Post #9177835

Oh Betty, if I could have fit into that box, trust me I would be there. Things are so up and down with Mom I don't dare go very far away..in fact, today my sister told me Mom is coughing again and is worried about another round of pneumonia. Of course her not being able to move at all doesn't help the matter.

Enjoy the goodies and all the sistahs that will be coming. Gonna miss seeing everyone for sure.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 23, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #9177897

Marion, as our Judy would say, group armwraps for you sweetie!

Samigal

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 23, 2012
9:32 PM

Post #9177923

Mailman came late, but brought me a nice box full of great RW&B from Happgarden/Joyce. I'll take pictures later, but must tell you what I received. First, a tablecloth, how did you know I have an oblong table, a small table runner with birdhouses, welcome garden flag, socks, cotton towel, 2 microfiber towels, one blue and one red with white stars, flag napkins, a hanger with 3 bells, a whilleygig and a crochet scrubber, which is just what I need. I just love everthing Thanks so much Joyce, pictures arriving on next post.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 23, 2012
10:25 PM

Post #9177948

wow great presents gals!!!!

Anyone have any COOL weather they can send this way...PLEASE!!!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 23, 2012
11:55 PM

Post #9177984

Glad you like the rw &b. Was hoping you had a picnic table or you were going to the park to use the table cloth. Hope you enjoy.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2012
6:20 AM

Post #9178188

I just cannot believe that Marion isn't late!!!!
Betty, you're just so special, even tho' you're a Canadian. Love all that Marion sent, and those teddy bears do complement the table runner I had made, don't they?
You truly will be confusing the gals that will be there for your special gathering. They'd be wondering if they really had crossed the border!!

Do you know since I started this RWB swap, I've never got a tin star?
Hmmm.. perhaps I should start looking for myself!

Pegi, I can't wait to see what Joyce got you excited about!
Better start a new thread.. this is getting too hard for the dial ups!

Bring your flag, march on over!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1267219/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1267219/

All heat here Kathy. You don't want extra do you?
We'll be like this pic soon!

This message was edited Jun 24, 2012 9:26 AM

Thumbnail by heavenscape

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 25, 2012
9:22 PM

Post #9181227

Here's a few pix of the fire burning next to Colorado Springs with Pike's Peak next to the smoke plumes. Enlarge to see close up...These pix were taken from my mailbox which is 1/2 mile from home and about 60 miles north/east of the fire. The four pix are of this fire.

pix #5 is just a pix of the smoke from the fire north of me by Fort Collins, Co., which is about 150 mile north/west of me. Those are not clouds of precip. but smoke to the west looking at the mountains.

I would like to do a trade for RAIN PLEASE...

This message was edited Jun 25, 2012 9:31 PM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #9181551

That is too close for comfort. My Brother is in Canyon city, and some say they are setting the fires on purpose?

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9182098

I will not be able to post any pictures. I have tried several times and the dial up service is just to slow. I really appreciate the items I recieved and I have decorated my tiny porch with all the gifts from my box with the exception of the napkins and plates, which
Ralph and I will be using on the 4th when we cook out on our decorated porch!!

So thanks again ( for the 3rd time) to my swap buddy for such a nice box of goodies!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
12:13 PM

Post #9182105

Wasn't there something that Carey had painted for you, Kris? Just wanted to know what it looks like. I bet it's pretty.
Sorry you're having issues with dial up.
Same here, and it's a test on one's patience.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

June 26, 2012
12:20 PM

Post #9182118

She painted me a very pretty litle mail box done in water colors which sits on my desk and gets looked at and admired on a daily basis,,,

And Yes there are several things that test my patience lately,,,

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
12:23 PM

Post #9182125

Thank you Kris.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
3:37 PM

Post #9182412

I can not post any pictures right now either :(
I got a fantastic box from Betty
a welcome sign with RWB bunting, already hanging on my door :-)
a fantastic metal star, painted like a flag.
a towel decorated with RWB, that says Live, Laugh, Love
and the most gorgeous set of placemats, that look like flags!!! thank you very much my dear!!!
as Judy would say...BIG BIG armwraps!!!!
I was feeling miserable today, so it came at a very good time... I have broken a few toes, and posiibly broke my foot! :( I went for xrays, waiting to hear the verdict...&*%# hurts like the dickens &%$*&^% been sitting here with ice on my foot...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9182440

Oh Thunder, what did you do to your foot, toes? Your not supposed to kick those hard items, they don't move very well!

Sounds like your pressies from Betty, are very pretty. Post pics when you can.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
10:58 PM

Post #9182915

I love hearing about all the boxes. What an incrediable group of creative people!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America