-
AuthorContent
Marlene4
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9154877

I just unpacked my Rouge Royal from Roses Unlimited. She is indeed a beauty! Leaves green and perfect and the rose growing is mighty fragrant!!!
On the other hand. Graham Thomas (from Antique Rose Emporium) looks puny and bare. I think Roses Unlimted is totally on to a great marketing scheme (sending their rose in bloom:) Worked for me!
I must say that the folks at Roses Unlimited were a great deal more helpful than the folks at Antique Rose Emporium. Stephanie at R.U. patiently guided me through the selection process. The guy that answered at A.R.E. on the other hand was probably very busy and was not interested in much more than getting my credit card #.
I found two pots for them last night and will repot tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone that lent a listening ear and a willing voice to my last post ("Newbie Help?")
Will post pictures soon as I figure out how:)
Cheers!
Marlene

This message was edited Jun 6, 2012 5:46 PM
Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 6, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9155017

Roses Unlimited has been the source of most of my roses, and I've never been disappointed. Just wish they took credit cards, but it's probably better for me that they don't. LOL! My roses from A.R.E. have always been good too. Can't wait to see your photos.

Do y'all know that Roses Unlimited just started their summer sale, with many roses available for $8 and $10 each?

http://rosesunlimitedownroot.com/whatsnew.htm

Marlene4
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 7a)

June 6, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #9155093

Pinetucky,
Thanks for the feedback. Everytime I look at the Graham Thomas from Antique Rose Emporium, I feel sad.
Wow, I only had to wait a few days to for the Roses Unlimited Summer Sale! Darn! Who knew?
:) Thanks for the info!
Cheers,
Marlene
mpabbott1
(Mary) Poway, CA
(Zone 10a)

June 9, 2012
8:34 PM

Post #9158724

I've gotten some from Rogue Valley - just band size on their own roots. So far, so good.
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9160574

Yes, I knew! Wahahahwa! Been saving up ☺!
Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9161192

So what did you order?
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 12, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9161882

Mme Berard, Clytemnestra, The Shepherdess (they say it won't do well here, but I guess I have to see for myself), and CM Mackintosh. I think now I've filled in all the holes left by last year's drought and heat wave. I was really nervous about placing the order last night, but then it stormed and we had 4/10th of and inch in the rain gauge. So I'm feeling better this morning.
Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 12, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9162018

Very nice choices. I thought about The Shepherdess myself but was afraid it wouldn't like our summers either, very similar to yours. We've had over 5 inches of rain in the past two days and expecting more this afternoon and tomorrow. It should help relieve some of the drought we've been in. My roses definitely look happier!
scottishgent
Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 17, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #9169174

Marlene4, 'best of success with the beautiful roses; I had to go to the site to see an actual photo.
BTW, although I never want to slight any business without more info, some businesses like Antique Rose Emporium simply have many more customers than they have roses, and do treat customers accordingly, but I don't know that for a fact.
I did write J&P (and I have an account with them) 3 times regarding a Black Magic rose, and still have not received a response...not even from a mail bot :) !
Marlene4
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9195076

Greetings all,
Well, I've got electricity again, and have finally figured out how to send the pictures I took of the roses from Roses Unlimted and the Antique Rose Emporium.
As I mentioned earlier (Almost a month ago:) I was very disappointed with the rose from A.R.E.
Went to water this morning and now I see white spots on two stems. I'm pretty sure this is some type of fungus. Can anyone lend a hand and tell me how to erradicate the fungus?

Thanks Much,
Marlene

This message was edited Jul 6, 2012 9:50 AM

Thumbnail by Marlene4   Thumbnail by Marlene4
Click an image for an enlarged view.

porkpal
Richmond, TX

July 6, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9195081

It looks like powdery mildew which I've never had here, but I believe you can just rinse it off.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Roses Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A Rose Bush Called Betty Boop Carol7 18 May 26, 2010 10:56 AM
Rose Hip/Seed Question Bloomer 7 Oct 23, 2009 10:35 PM
I Maimed my Zepherine Droughin Climber! :o( gardenwife 20 Jul 30, 2012 11:17 AM
Bayer Rose & Flower Care paulgrow 27 Sep 19, 2012 6:34 AM
Any such thing as a blue rose? discodancer4 11 Mar 7, 2010 11:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America