Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cacti and Succulents: Two blooming Aylosteras

Communities > Forums > Cacti and Succulents
bookmark
Forum: Cacti and SucculentsReplies: 4, Views: 50
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 7, 2012
4:54 PM

Post #9156225

While at my favorite nursery I say these two and couldn't resist. They are going into the ground soon but I can't decide whether to plant them close together or not. The one on the left is A.narvaecencis and the one on the right is A. pulchella. Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling
Click the image for an enlarged view.

NancySLAZ

NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #9180803

I hope you have better luck with Rebutia narvaecensis than I did. Mine rotted after blooming. I wouldn't let it get too much rain in winter.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Click the image for an enlarged view.

xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 25, 2012
7:11 PM

Post #9180987

That is a lovely plant NancySLAZ. I can do a little about the frosts and freezes here but nothing about the rainfall. That is where my plants live or die, at least the ones that are in the ground, which is about 95% of them. But I have found that the ones that die , I believe from too much wet soil, are the ones from the big box stores. The ones from the good nurseries tend to handle the winter rains better. Dont' ask me why. bu that is my experience. Xuling

NancySLAZ

NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ
(Zone 9a)

June 25, 2012
9:42 PM

Post #9181251

Yes, it WAS a beautiful plant! I got it from a CA grower at a Cactus & Succulent Society sale. I must have overwatered it. I have trouble with Rebutias in that way. I love them so much with their many beautiful flowers, but I have had quite a few rot on me.

smashedcactus

smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN
(Zone 6b)

June 26, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9182666

Nice find xuling. That was a beautiful plant Nancy.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America