Click the image for an enlarged view.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
4:50 AM

Post #9156710

BonnieB -- I have this thing about early morning or late night phone calls...

unless it;s an emergency, no calls before 7am [that's for DMIL] 9am for the rest... and after 9pm at night.

I think I want more Penstemons... doing some internet browsing... boy they are expensive.

sitting outside with the furkids... the back yard is western exposure, so i can sit here with the laptop and not be blinded by the sun.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #9156738

Thanks for pasting the address for here, I am not with it this morning.

sandy and andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9156763

Thanks OK Sandy... got'cher back.

Love that Pic of Andre and Mr B.

another bright sunny day here. looks liek it's gonna be warming up... at least, so far, it;s not humid.
90 for sunday. uggg. I hate driving when it's so hot. me and Bud will be heading back north on Sunday... DH and the boys will be back late-ish, but I have to work monday morning ... so i'll take Bud with me so he's not alone at home.. the cats will be fine for a halfa day with no one home.

i'm leaving the Z home for Alex to drive for a week or so... so i will have his car, which is more comfy for Buddy. Alex will eventually inherit that car, as he's the only one of the kids that can drive stick.

Time for some eggs and wheat toast... already drank all the coffee...

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 8, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9156825

Good Morning

Terese - I have a few really nice penstemons I can save seeds from. Hirsutis & Smalliii

Just a quick post - my battery is almost dead

Thanks for the new thread Sandy!

Loretta - we're getting a new deacidifier for the water. Gary thinks the limestone block has the mud in it. Plumber agreed it was a possibility. WE don't have a backplush capability either so the new one will have that - will keep the filters clean and save $$ on the replaceable types. Fingers crossed this reall solves the problem.

Have a good day!
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
12:16 PM

Post #9157111

so much for a nap... i just start drifting off and the cell phone rings... solicitor -- I dont even answer as i did not recognize the #
5 minutes later, Bud barking at the UPS truck next door... I gave up.
too hot to do anything outside... will have to wait til later.

this morning I went to a local DG'ers house and picked up some plants. She had a Purple Emperor Sedum for me and then gave me a few more -- especially since i told her all my WS seedlings died. got some Dwarf Ruds and Scarlet MW's.
Then i went to get gas... yikes, 4.069 a gallon for premium, went to PetCo to get Bud some dog bones... they were still closed... then Sams and Walmart ... home by 11:30 -- spent about 30 min in the yard, and that was too much... felt like a piece of bacon.

I'm trying to keep very hydrated, and drinking Crystal Light with electrolytes --- I really dont want another one of those cramp things.

Haven't heard from DH or the boys... though I did tell him we'd talk on Sunday. Jimbo [the oldest] did post something on FB about dinner and drinks. I know DH takes them to this Brazilian steak house 'all you can eat meat' places that about 50bucks a head... well, it is "Boys Weekend" -- one reason i quit going...

Still tired... may try napping on the couch.

Ack -- forgot to call my dad... guess that is next... then a nap.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 8, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9157307

Just before this last round of rain(2 days) I emptied Andre's pool and now it is full to the top and probable ran over.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 8, 2012
2:47 PM

Post #9157357

Just had our tornado watch lifted. wow, this is so new to us, we never get warning like this... sky looks great now. T and L forecasted off and on all night with the whole of tomorrow under that warning too.Those of you who have experienced this weather probably think I am nuts - give me a good ole show storm anyday.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #9157364

WOW -- that's a lot of rain. I'd like to take just 20% of that...

having a hard time planting seedlings with this heat and dry soil...

Lee -- great Friday song... you need to post that here too.

did get in a short nap... DH called and woke me up, of course in a hurry barking orders - as i'm trying to shake to cob webs...

phone ringing again...
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 8, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #9157368

Okay. Friday song...sung to the tune of "Blowin' in the Wind"

How many roads must my black car drive
Before I can sleep until light?
How many times must I look at the clock
Before the end is in sight?
Yes and how many hours must I sit in this cube
Before I can call it a night?
The answer my friend is Friday at Five
The answer is Friday at Five

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 8, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9157438

OH, Lee you are so good at this! I love your Friday songs!! Thanks for a bright ray of cheer.

My good news for the week - as absolutely horrible as these treatments are, they are working. My weight this week is 272, down from 286 last Friday - without drugs. I weighed 298 on May 29. The lymphatic massages and compression bandages are forcing the waste materials from my body. They are convinced that the injury to my lymphatic system occurred during my partial knee replacement surgery. This does not mean that the surgeon did anything wrong. You have to cut through the lymphatic system to perform surgery. Sometimes the system interprets the cut as an injury.

T & L here. I have to shut down.

Later,
Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 8, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9157510

We had a small storm move through, more to come they say. Spence was outside and had his romp early and we came in soon as the sprinkles started.
He has found dandy lions and loves them, along with clover. I have to watch him close so he doesn't get pudgy! lol

Bonnie, that is wonderful news!!

I heard back on my blood work, my thyroid is messed up, need vitamin B supplements...possibly B12 being reviewed with my primary.
Diagnosis of neuropathy...which is what I told him I had when I went! Grrrr! Need to find out why!

New eye drops, new contacts.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9157531

Dianne, I too have never been in an actual tornado and guess what - I don't want to. We have had tornado warnings off and on for the last two years. We had a gorgeous day here and then all of a sudden it got dark and the rain came down and then it cleared up again.

Bonnie - congratulations!!! I'm so glad this is working.

Lee, love your Friday song.

Debbie, sorry about the Dx's - it just can't get easier can it?

Tammy, I hope your trip home was pleasant.

So glad it is Friday. So tired. Teddy was sleeping in a paper box today - I really want to take him home and raise him as a cat. hehe

I'm going with my Dad to see if someone else can give me a better price to fix my car. A word to the wise - when the exhaust starts to make noise don't drive with the windows open.

Got stuck in traffic on the way to work. Trees brought down the power lines and I guess they had to wait for the power company. I think with the storms we have been happening this is going to keep happening. After the early snow storm I think there are a lot of damaged trees out there.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 8, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9157534

Oh Elsie, be careful. Did that YEARS ago and ended up in the ER! NOT good. Thankfully kids were not with me.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9157572

Debbie, I have been running the AC which is okay.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 8, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9157602

I'm home!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 8, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9157616

Good evening friends.

Bonnie you have such good news. At least you know the torture is doing something helpful for your body. Do they give you any indication of how long you must wear those bandages?

Lee, love your Friday song. You ought to be writing for some well known singer. hehe.

Terese, sorry about your nap or non nap. That is horrible when you have the time, but have so many interruptions. Anymore when my cell rings, if I don't recognize the number, I don't answer. let them leave a message and if it is something that I need to tend to I will call them back.

Elsie, I hope you get that exhaust fixed soon. That could be very dangerous. Just be sure that you aren't in the car for long periods of time. Sorry that you are having those storms, isn't that unusual for as far north as you all are? Raise Teddy as a cat? Hehe, he and Chloe would be plotting against you, I can see them with their heads together plotting to do something to raise havoc.

Debbie, Spencer is so pretty. I am glad that you are taking him outside to graze each day. Guess it is better for him finding his own plants and greenery than you feeding him a fixed diet of green veggies. Maybe he doesn't like broccoli or cabbage!

Dianne, sorry for your weather. That is really strange to have tornado warnings that far north. This is usually our busy tornado season and it seems like our season had warnings early like March, and has settled down. It is really not over here until the last of June. How is your back doing?

Tammy, I guess I missed what you are doing for the muddy water. A sup pump? Or something else. I am sure that you will be glad to be home tonight sometime. How much longer will you be commuting to CA for the work? Does this project have a deadline?

Have done better today. I got up had my coffee read the paper, then put in a load of laundry. Took a shower and dressed. Took a letter to the mail box, then came in and finished a book, then napped and rested till about 5:00 when DH came in and showered and we went out to eat. So my stamina is getting better every day. Wish my moods would even out, I guess I am just getting frustrated at how slow this is going.

Need to start thinking about bed. Seems that is all I do well anymore is sleep.

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

June 8, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #9157619

A friend sent me a box of peppers and tomato plants..15 of them! I am going to keep some and give the rest away...
I transplanted a potato plant today and it was having a baby..cutest little potato I have ever seen! Smaller than a marble.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 8, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9157632

calling it a night... can't visually focus on what I should be doing...

hope i can sleep til 6am.

Tam -- welcome home.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 8, 2012
7:55 PM

Post #9157671

BonnieB - we've had a problem with occasionally the water in our house gets muddy. Its happened maybe 3-4 times. We replaced the water tank & pump the first time and it was a while before it happened again. DH was sure it was the water line to the house getting mud in via a crack. We had to replace that when it broke 18mo ago. But we've gotten the muddy water again. So now we're installing a new deacidifier with backwash. Hopefully this will eliminate the source - DH think that the mud from the spring gets in the limestone and eventually gets re-released into the house water system.

Thanks Terese. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Time for me to get to bed myself.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9157880

Good morning, boy that echoed hollowly in the empty room. Time to get up and get moving. Be back later, when there is some company here.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9157883

Good morning. Slept well, and slept til 7am.

sitting outside enjoying the weather with the furkids before it gets too hot.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9158006

Well I got up at 9:15am! Boy did I need the sleep.

I obviously skipped the plant sale this morning. Its so nice to be home and have a real cuppa coffee and my own cereal for breakfast. I'm gonna catch up on my mail & bills, do a little grocery shopping and get out in the garden for a bit. The greenhouse still needs to be cleaned out from the mud, though I got a start on it before leaving & DH worked on it bit while I was out of town.

BonnieB - are you feeling a little better mood-wise? Are you supposed to be "getting a move on" yet? cluck cluck cluck. :-)

Terese - glad you did get in a good rest too. I didn't comment on the windows - I've heard it from other folks & did it myself, when you are building or remodelling, the add-on expenses seem to get out of conrol and then you pull back on them. I limited the number of cable outlets at the end of the remodel - they were $60 ea I recall and I just didn't put them in as many spots as I wish I had now. I hope you find a good source for replacement windows that gives you what you want there.

Loretta - did you replace those blueberries lost to Chloes hair attack? I'm catching up on Dr Oz. He had a Dr Furman(?) on to share "the most effective diet he's even seen." Almost exclusively plant based diet. Did you see that episode? Basically focused on eating high-nutrient dense foods. He says just eat 90% nutrient dense foods (10% dairy, meats, breads etc). Blueberries were definitely right up there on that list of great foods!

Debbie - is DH doing better on his diet to keep the gout at bay? I forget what you are up to this weekend - anything fun?

Dianne - how are the turtles behaving? Are they digging in any of your flower beds? I think its just so interesting that you can see the egg laying & hatching up close. Is there nicer weather in your future there? No more hail?

Melva - how's your new business doing?

Vicki - did you finish all your planting? When do you have a few days off?

Lee - thanks for the Fri song. Any news on Loius (?the hunky GS you were having Maddie evaluate)? Or did I miss the outcome?

Bonnie - how are you doing with the help Tia arranged? I hope you don't have to cook or do other things requiring you to be on those feet!

Adina - I bet that garden of yours is just beautiful now, especially with all the help you are getting from young Mr. Nicholas!

Sandy - I guess Andre doesn't mind that his pool is full. :-)

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #9158051

The yard guys came, Weather Liers said only a 30% chance of rain---they lied!!!!
They are wet and the hairy supervisor is wet also

sandy and a wet andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 9, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9158081

Good morning! I have a hard work to do today : filling the hole where the sewer was installed with sand. It's very hot today so I had to have a break during noon. Andreea is at the jerk's...sigh...she called earlier saying that they went to the pool and NIcholas was excited and didn't want to go out of the water anymore!LOL

Tam, it's interesting what you are telling about having a muddy water...we also got muddy water a few weeks ago after so much rain, when the basement was flooded, but it was only for a few days until we changed the filter. Our plumber told us that it might have been from so much water from the rain. But our neighbors had their wells full and some were flooded and went overboard...not so pleasant. I guess we were lucky this time!
I hope your water will clean up after you install the new deacidifier.

Bonnie , I'm glad you have such great news with all the torment you are going through! How much longer do you need to wear those bandages?

Debbie, I hope you get the better treatment and feel better soon.

Dianne, how unusual to have a tornado watch ! Thank God it went away without hitting your place. How is your back?

Elsie, how awful about those trees! You also had the same situation last year, as I recall. Such bad storms! Glad you are OK! What an awful day you had at the store and then back home! I hope you have a nice week-eend!

Lee, ,what a lovely song! Thanks! The GS in the picture is gorgeous! Are you going to adopt him?

BonnieB , you seem to have your old life back again. I'm so glad that you are felling better everyday! I hope your DGD feels better .

Sandy, sending hugs for you and your Mom. How are you today?

Terese, you are one busy bee!

Melva, what a great friend! Have fun gardening!
Vicki, how are things?

Have to go and make lunch so I'll talk to you later. have a great week-end everyone!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
9:36 AM

Post #9158117

I missed what's going on w/Melva & her friend... do tell (again)!

Adina - I think it is the heavy rain that brings the mud into our system but we've gotten it w/o the rains too. That's why we think it got held in the deacidifier. Please drink lots of water and take plenty of breaks so you don't get heat stroke!

well I sure am not a busy bee today. lol I went through the greenhouse & watered & did a little cleaning (like 10min) and transplanted one of the begonia's I bought via Lee's shelter fund-raiser. And I changed clothes. I'm having a quick lunch and then heading off to the grocery store. Never smart to go hungry. :-)

I hope everyone else is out there having a good day?

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2012
10:19 AM

Post #9158153

Adina we are doing good today

The wet yard guys are gone, at least the grass get cut. And I have a tired wet dog-he will not go out in the rain for me but he had to supervise the yard work. In fact he is soaking wet and then he laid in the dry dirt next to the house. Can any one say MUD!!!!!!

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
10:29 AM

Post #9158165

Oh I bet he's a happy muddy dog though. I bet he did a great job with the supervision. :-)

Can you coax him into that pool to wash off?

Really off to get groceries now...
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9158182

Adina, listen to Tammy - drink lots of water. I hope you can get the hole filled. Isn't anyone helping you?

Sandy, it's raining on and off here. I don't think we have had a dry day for a long time.

Dianne, how is your back feeling?

We went to a different garage to get an estimate on car repairs - this was was more expensive. Hopefully I can get it fixed next week. I'm going to ask for your good thoughts that the guy can cut out the part with the hole and weld the new one in. The whole pipe is over $1000 so I don't want to pay that.

I had a delicious piece of salmon last night. I usually poach it but I pan seared it. It was really good. I should be much smarter today.

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

June 9, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #9158243

I think Adina meant my friend Michelle..she sent me 15 plants..tomatoes and peppers..3 kinds of peppers and 2 kinds of tomatoes..Brandywine and Black Krim...way too many for just me..I am going to share most of them...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9158277

Tam he did get into the pool and then right back into the dirt pit he has dug.

Now the sun is out

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9158334

I am enjoying a low key day. I've been running every spare moment I've been home since I started this bi-coastal work thing and decided its OK to take it a little slower today. I put together a big slow-cooker pot full of squash lental stew after I came home from the grocery store. It felt so good just cutting up the veggies and watching some TV. I'll cook it tomorrow. Tonight we'll have omelets with kale, red peppers, mushroom & onions. Maybe I'll catch up with Loretta in brain power if I add a little olive oil to the mix? :-)

Melva - that sounds like a wonderful collection of plants. Be sure you keep a goodly number of tomatoes. They cook down a lot when you make roasted tomato sauce and there's nothing better than roasted tomato sauce. :-)

I'm having a nice cup of tea and relaxing a bit before I make dinner. I plan to open a bottle of wine to have a glass with dinner. Yep. I'm taking a me-day today.

Sandy - sounds like Andre is taking a me-day too.

Tam.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9158550

when i was on my garden walk-about earlier today... i saw a pretty Poppy, that was a volunteer... possibly a "Peony Poppy" but it's been so long since i've sown them - i can't recall what it was... but it was a pretty Plum color. I was going to wait until the sun was lower to go take a photo... went out about an hour ago, and all the petals were GONE. was a breezy day... guess the wind took care of it. I think there is one more bud, but not sure if it will open before i leave.

I'll collect the seeds though...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 9, 2012
5:58 PM

Post #9158560

I hate when that happens
Right now my plants might drown!!!
Lots and lots of water. We already have a road cave in, the soil was washed out where the road crosses the outlet of the pond where all our water drains to the river.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 9, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9158579

I was watching a 'snippet' of the Panhandle... 8+ inches... talk about getting it all at once.

I'm procrastinating... i have to finish laundry and start packing.
I"ll leave some time tomorrow, me and Bud. I hate driving when it's so hot, gonna be 90f tomorrow...
so i really should leave early ... or maybe i'll wait til about 6pm but that gets me in about 8:30pm.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9158629

Good evening, sounds like most have had wonderful days, except Sandy and Adina.

Sandy, I hope that the rain stops and that you get a chance to dry out some.

Adina, thought about you lots today. Hope you got the hole filled in, and I hope you took the advice to drink plenty of water.

Tammy, you deserve a you day, if ever anyone did.

Elsie, that would be so nice if that one piece could be welded, rather than have to pay that ridiculous price for a whole new one.

Melva, save several of those tomatoes, Tammy is right nothing better than roasted tomato sauce.

Terese, see what putting something off yields? hehe. Hope the other one opens and you get a shot of it. It sounds very pretty. Take care, and be safe on the road tomorrow.

I have had a busy day. Yep, did lots more than I have done since I have been sick. I carried all the pots back to the garden shed, getting them out of the greenhouse. Did a garden walk, many daylilies in bloom, went to the garden and collected onions, broccoli, cabbage and yellow and zuchinni squash. Then came in and rested, napped and read the rest of the day. Did cook supper and cleaned the kitchen, then took Mr. B for his ride. So it was sort of over the top kind of day. Hope I don't pay for it tomorrow.

Heading down the hall to bed. Hope you all have a restful night.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 9, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9158656

Terese, I hope it blooms before you leave. I love poppies and can't seem to grow them.

BonnieB, that is great that you were able to get out and about.

Tammy, you sure deserve a me day. I thought it was the fish that was good for my brain.

After lunch I thought I would knit for a while and quickly fell asleep. I woke up and crawled into bed and woke up at 8:00. I just had dinner and I'm thinking of heading back to bed. I'm either just plum tired or I'm coming down with something. Hopefully I will have a more productive day tomorrow.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9158696

Loretta - oh yes... salmon is supposed to be really good for the brain. Omega-3 ... I was just riffing on your comment.

I totally forgot we had been invited to watch a movie at a friend's house tonight. They called at 6:30 to see if we were still on so after dinner we zipped over. Good movie. A German movie with subtitles- about Eastern Germany before the wall came down.

Sandy - I so feel for you with all that water! Be sure to batten down the hatches and keep fresh water in stock, as odd as that sounds.

BonnieB - I sure hope you didn't over do it today!

Off to bed. Was a really nice day here.
Tam
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 9, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9158697

Hi all!

Lutz is here! We introduced him to Maddie today and they did well so I brought him home. It's been nonstop mayhem and play time since he got here. THey really like each other and he is super attentive to me.

More to come later! (did I mention I'm worn out now?? phew!)

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 9, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9158706

YEAH!!!!! I'm so happy for all three of you Lee!!!! What a nice way to end the day. I'm glad I checked one more time.

Can't wait to see pictures. :-)

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 10, 2012
1:07 AM

Post #9158842

Oh Lee I so needed such happy news.You 2 gals have a handsome guy to love and entertain you...Maddie must be in seventh heaven. I forgot,how old is your boy? No wonder you are tired, sleep you will need lots of energy tomorrow.

Rained almost all day here. Poor June brides. All this rain means lots of bugs, there are even deer flies here already. Ugh!

Going to try and fall asleep, wish me luck.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
3:30 AM

Post #9158864

A wet good morning everyone. I cleaned off the drains a couple of days ago and I can see that the one across the street needs cleaning already. More rain on the way

Yesterday when my yard guys where working in the rain, one of the was cutting the "hay" with the weed eater. The grass was way to tall to cut with a mower. My friend's SO came out and started working in his yard. I guess he did not want to have the bad looking yard. At least the yard guys where being paid to get wet. LOL

Lee glad you get your new boy, praying that everything works out.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre(who is back to not wanting to go into the rain)

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
5:04 AM

Post #9158906

Who has the plans for a Ark???

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 10, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9158908

I'll have to look for mine! It has been since last year that I saw them!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9158927

i have a garbage can that is about 3/4 full of rain water and I took about 5/6 gallons out of it yesterday to water some new planted pots

We get a short run in and I recleaned off the drains, Kindle is being charged so I am about set.

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 10, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9158929

I'm heading outside while it is still nice! Haven't been in the gardens for 2 days.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 10, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9158930

Hi guys! I've fnished filling the hole with sand and now i need to add soil on top. Cici wants to go and buy some good soil from the store but I don't know if that won't be too expensive.
Thanks everyone for the good advice, I drank water all along and I'm OK. It was really a hot day and it's almost the same today, only the wind is blowing.

Lee, I;m so happy for you ! Can't wait to see more of your new GS!

Waving to all! Have to go to the store!

Adina

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9158975

Good Morning!

Adina - I'm glad you came through fine. Do you compost your kitchen & garden waste? I hate paying for soil and use compost to amend the stuff on the ground. It works well. But then my chickens help a lot in producing input to the compost pile. :-)

Vicki - have fun outside!

Sandy - I think that's called keepin up with the Jones'es. :-)

My dad called to say happy birthday early. Thought I'd be in CA next week. We made plans for him to get a free dinner on his birthday later in the month. He sounded happy.

I guess I need to get my butt in gear today - I have a few more seeds to plant in the garden, some repair of erosion from the mud slide in the veggie garden, clean up of the greenhouse, weeding and maybe plant up my troughs. I have the slow cooker going with the squash lentil stew.

Dianne - did you get some rest last night? Holding you & your fur babies in my heart and mind today.

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 10, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9158987

Lee's got some new pics posted on FB.

blue skies yet again... i was hoping for a few clouds... have to run to walmart to grab some groceries... told the kids i'd have some food for them when they get home tonight.

funny how opposite my kids are... Alex asked for roasted turkey and low carb wraps and Jimbo asked for Pizzas...
when I breifly saw Alex before they left... I said, Wow, you lost weight since i last saw you --- which was only a month...
he lost 15 pounds. think he gave them to Jim. *sigh*

gotta run...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9159294

GUESS WHAT???? It is raining again!!! Oh Joy!!!!

Sandy and a unhappy Andre who once more is refusing to go out in the rain!!!
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 10, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9159296

Boy could we use some of that here Sandy...send it on!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 10, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9159303

I wish I COULD!!!! It is so wet here! A road down the street that crosses the outlet for a marshy lake has caver in.

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 10, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9159307

we are dry too. have a chance for thunderstorms on Monday.

still packing... amazing how many summer clothes I still had at home.. didnt realize what i was missing [sun dress wise] til i found a bin in the basement.

taking a break to have a salad.

currently 90f with a high of 88... guess they were off again... and it's only 2pm, gonna get hotter as the day goes on.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2012
12:39 PM

Post #9159347

Its beastly here too. I was drenched (and not by rain) weeding the garden so we are on our way out to see a movie!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 10, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9159470

We were just jostled by some really loud thunder. The wind is whipping and the temps are falling. The sun is shining on the house but the sky to the left is black.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 10, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #9159582

Haven't checked in today. Went to church today for the first time in a month. By the time I sat through Sunday School and church, I was whipped. DH went to Louisville to see his DS, but he dropped me off at home, and I have rested, read and napped all afternoon.

Got a call from DGD this afternoon, and she won't be coming for a few days. Her half sister had a siezure and she is going there to help with her 3 kids until she feels better. So will be on my own for a week at least. She was driving me to two Dr appointments this coming week. One I can do by myself, but will have to get DH to take me to the other as it is about 50 miles away, and don't think I need to go by myself.

Lee, I am so happy to hear that Luis is there with you. Bet he and Maddie have had a super good day with lots of playing and getting to know each other.

Will check in again before I head to bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 10, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #9159624

Back from the movies. I think I'm too old for action pictures. The Avengers got such great reviews and got good at the end but took sooooo long.

BonnieB - I'm glad you were able to get to church. I bet the congregration was happy to see you there too. I'm sorry about your DGD & her half sister.

Loretta - not a sign of that here!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 10, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9159748

We had a few sprinkles about 7:00, the time I take Mr. B for his nightly ride. No mention of rain in the forecast, so doubt that we can expect anything.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
4:22 AM

Post #9160115

back in WI -- got in about 8:30pm ... it started raining about 4am, at least that is when i heard it. we need the rain pretty bad... by the look of the radar, 'home' should get some today too. not nearly what we need.

never realized what a good comfortable car is, until you ride in one that is not... my back is killing me this morning.
I drove up my son's G6 so he could drive the Z for a while. I did not bring Bud, as DH and the boys got home before i left.

He gave me two 'trinkets' from the weekend... i'll take pics later... I have to work today.

ahhhhh, coffee is ready... brb

Lee -- Lutz is a stunningly handsome boy!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9160155

Good morning everyone, I noticed this morning when I was taking a bath, that it looks like I am growing webbing between my toes. LOL
In other words more and more rain on the way.

Sandy and Andre who is tired of rain

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 11, 2012
5:25 AM

Post #9160180

Good Morning!

Glad to hear the drive is behind you Terese.

Sandy - those webs will sure come in handy from the sounds of it. :-)

It finally did cool off last night. And I think we're gonna get some rain, by the look of the sky this morning.

I couldn't find the pictures on Facebook. I'm just not good with it (nor do I really care to be). I hope Lee posts the pictures here. :-)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
5:26 AM

Post #9160183

Gosh, Sandy, I was going to suggest that you see a vet about the web!

We have had rain overnight, but I don't think very much. At any rate, it is cloudy and grey. Don't know what my day has in store for me.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9160308

BonnieB I am beginning to feel like a frog, I some times croak back at the little barking tree frog that is outside. I think we are pushing 20 inches of rain down here in Northeastern Florida and the Panhandle is getting even more.

sandy and andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #9160409

Here is a picture of the Brat's rain filled pool and one with him in it.

Sandy and Andre the photo model

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107
Click an image for an enlarged view.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9160705

doing the happy dance, have started crocheting again, would still be doing it but not enough light to work. But I have started and that is good.
Maybe next I can soon get the ones I have done packaged up and shipped. LOL

There is something outside that is bright up in the sky!!!!!

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 11, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9160918

Bet it's good to see the sun shine?? maybe dry things up a bit.

Andre looks so happy in his pool.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 11, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9161022

Oh don't feel bad Sandy. I just packaged up my 2 nephews 2011 Christmas gifts. Not managed to get to the PO yet maybe tomorrow.

Streak is still at the vet's for another night but if things keep improving perhaps tomorrow. They stil have no idea what is the cause, all blood samples are clear.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
2:50 PM

Post #9161069

Dianne at least I am not that bad yet. Was nerviest about going out in public until I had this problem licked.

Raining again, at least we get some sun today and a chance to dry out.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
3:25 PM

Post #9161100

Dianne, I must have missed it - what happened to Streak? As far as the gifts - it's better late than never - it's the thought that counts...

Sandy, I saw the flooding in FL on the weather - hope that sun stays out.

That thunder last night - I guess we just missed the nasty storm. Just a little south there are tons of trees and power lines down.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9161118

Storming right now, I have a upset dog

S and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 11, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #9161243

At least you got a chance to see the sun Sandy!

I was so hope Streak would be home by now Dianne. I bet Sassy & Quill miss him.

Was a long day at work today. Again. The internet dropped out around 6pm so I power cycled the modem and thought I'd just check one thing and be off. It was 7:30 before I logged off.

It got really windy and the sky went grey a bit ago - I think a storm is coming in.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 11, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #9161316

Well another day of reading, resting and napping. DH did pick some green beans from the garden, and I have broken them and they are on cooking. Ymmm, the first of the season. Will put some yellow squash on top of them and cook them down. Nothing better, with some good corn bread. We don't eat much meat in the summer, just mostly all fresh veggies from the garden.

Have a PCP appointment tomorrow. Gonna ask why he missed this pneumonia. I sent a letter to my opthomologist and he called this afternoon. I got aggravated about $138 bill, and told him that since I have a macular degeneration specialist, he could just stick with the optometric exams. Can't see too well with the glasses I now have, but he assured me that it was not the glasses, but the macular that is progressively getting worse. So I guess it is "war on the Doctor" week!

We had some rain this morning, and a possibility of more tonight. Hope nothing like Sandy's though.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2012 9:12 PM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 11, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9161334

You are way ahead of us if you are eating green beans from the garden already BonnieB! Summer squash too? Sorry to hear the macular degeneration is causing you to lose visual acuity.

I'm off to bed. Good night everyone.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #9161395

Good night , I am heading that way

Sandy and Andre
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 11, 2012
8:02 PM

Post #9161450

I hate Mondays...just sayin'

Lee

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
4:11 AM

Post #9161734

morning, the demon and I have had a fight and he is in time out. And he did not get to eat the apple fritter that he stole

sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9161764

Good morning, Sandy you are treating Andre so mean, send him up to me for a week, and maybe I can run some of that energy out of him! He can go hunting with the beagles, and see if he likes that.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9161809

Mother Nature turned on the air conditioning... and it feels wonderful.

was mid-50's last night... slept with all the windows open... trailer is now 61 inside.

I've been up, busy as a bee since 6am. I found my one hosta [ Alex Summers ] that i had in a pot... someone must have watered it daily - and the pot does not have holes, so needless to say, it was in standing water... when i dumped it, it smelled like rot... so i was going to re-pot it... but ended up putting it [temporarily] in the wheelbarrow flower bed... washed the roots really well and will let them dry out.

and funny thing about the wheelbarrow... about a week ago, i put out a bowl of grapes, for whatever nightly critters wanted to eat them... found the bowl empty in the morning... well, found 2 grapes buried in the wheelbarrow soil...

I have to put on my walking shoes and go for a nice walk since it's so cool out...

gonna be a great week... i dont work til Friday morning, DH and the critters are on their way up today... I really havent seen DH for two weeks.

BBL --- halfa pot of coffee down...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #9161823

BonnieB he would love to hunt or try to herd the beagles-would love to have a tape of that. LOL

Andre is being very good right now. Took him on a nice long run

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 12, 2012
6:25 AM

Post #9161854

Good Morning.

Today is my personal holiday. My mom was going to drive into town, take me out for lunch and then drive home. I took a rain check - she just drove back from Mich. on her own. I need to check in to work for a few hours but will take the rest of the day off. Tonight I collect my free dinner at Shady Maple, joined by friends.

Terese - we got the same AC here. Oh such good sleeping weather!

BonnieB - enjoy the walk. I bet MrB will enjoy accompanying you.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 12, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9161859

Yesterday it was 90 in the shade. I didn't move much. Have had a headache for 5 days now, thought the new contacts would help...but not.

Had rain last night and this morning, but not much else happening. I did some deep yard cleaning over the weekend...but when wasn't moving, I was sleeping. Have been average 2 naps a day...at least 1 to 2 hours each. We were able to get the veggie garden in completely also and the couple rain showers have done it well.

Going for some coffee

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
6:32 AM

Post #9161865

Tam Happy Birthday!!! Hoping it is a nice one

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 12, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9161881

oooooohhhhh a Birthday! Happy Birthday Tammy! Celebrate the day

and here, I whipped up a cake...its a healthy one.

Trust me. lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012

Post #9161883

Morning! Here I am finally! But have to get moving as my DN is coming out to earn some cash. I mean help me!

Glad everyone is doing okay. Well except maybe Sandy with growing webbing between her toes and Andre stealing an apple fritter. At least he has good taste!

The food reset is going good. The M got 4 or 5 sections done last night. But there are 4 huge uboats of food in the back room waiting to come out. Plus they need to send the new items we are getting. Did I tell you they changed our truck day to FRIDAY! Not a good day at all! People traveling stop in and ones leaving town and it is just a mad house. Then on Sat. the ones that go shopping because they are bored or the weather is bad. I know it keeps us in business but no time to put stuff out.

DS and DIL were up this weekend. So there went my spare time which wasn't much. They were hoping to get a call on an apartment so they could check it out before going back. Don't know if that happened.

Gardens and weeds are growing good. Today will be deadheading day for me and maybe get a few things into bigger pots. We will see.

It has turned cold here after being so hot the few days before. Will have to put on pants and an extra shirt unless the sun pops out like it is suppose to!

Well I had better get going. Ty wants out or something. He brought me a toy! LOL

Part of the blue garden.

Things aren't growing as tall as they should and not as many blooms and they don't seem to last as long due to the frost earlier. But plenty is still looking good!

Thumbnail by ves522

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 12, 2012

Post #9161884

It was so healthy it disappeared into thin air!

Let me try again!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
6:55 AM

Post #9161897

Happy Birthday Tam! Wow I almost missed it!

I want a huge slice of that cake as it is healthy!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 12, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #9161937

happiest of Birthday's Tam!! have a wonderful day... and a slice of Debbie's healthy cake.

I just got back from some quick shopping... and funny thing, as i thought about my week, ~~ i just added 4 items to my shopping list, that i should have made before i left.

anyhoo -- found 2 penstemons at walmart... one is Pink one is Blue... same variety but different colors. I put them up by the pool where there is more sun. i'll re-read the tags to get the name.

since i forgot to buy eggs, i had a peanut butter with homemade rhubarb jam on wheat for breakfast. [open face] YUM.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 12, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9161954

Happy Birthday, Tammy! It sounds like such a wonderful day having lunch with your Mom and dinner with your friends!
Sending you a strawberry tart!

Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
7:56 AM

Post #9161960

Yummm! Adina. Did you make it?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 12, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9161962

Thanks Debbie - I just love that cake! I'd eat it even if it weren't healthy. And I'm happy to share with all my friends. :-)

Vicki - what is that glorious clematis in your blue garden? Those silly people - why not schedule truck day for Thurs so everything is out and in place for the Fri/Sat rush!

Terese - sounds like a good breakfast. At least I never have to buy eggs. The girls just keep producing more. I have the little white hen back sitting on eggs. I'm letting her keep six of them. She's the one who gave up her chick to the little black hen back in late April. I haven't seen the little black hen for a while so I think she's got some eggs squirreled away out of sight again too. Sigh. The three chicks left from April are growing fast - not sure if any are a rooster yet. If so, we may have to get him processed fast as I already have 2 roosters.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9161966

Tam it is called Belle of Woking and it is my first one and I am in LOVE with it! Now I want more and with the extended gardens I might have room for some! LOL DH even likes it! He never says much about the gardens. So that is a big deal!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 12, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #9161967

I'm not gonna be able to move after all these treats! Thanks Adina - that looks really good too! BTW - I rescheduled lunch with Mom. Too much driving for her & I had a conf call I needed to attend. So we'll do it later.

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9161979

Happy Birthday Tammy!! Lunch with Mom and Shady Maple - Yahoo!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
8:22 AM

Post #9162001

Adina I forgot to mention another great article. I always thought it was birds that ate the strawberries. Never thought of slugs. Will keep an eye out for them.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9162057

Went to the farmers market, get some fruit. One was a very small watermelon, which rolled in the car and broke. So I cut it open the rest of the way so we could eat it. Yuck!!!! No flavor at all, was so bad that Andre would not eat any of it. Hoping the rest of my stuff taste better.
Had fun taking pictures and am going out to go to some plant nurseries to take some pictures

Sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9162160

Back from the Dr and grocery shopping, more about that later. Just wanted to wish Tammy a Happy Birthday before the day is completely gone.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 12, 2012
12:11 PM

Post #9162311

thanks!

Not doing lunch with mom today. I've rescheduled that. But dinner with friends at Shady Maple is still on. YEAH!

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 12, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #9162434

STREAK IS HOME!!!!! Yes I am just a little excited. He has spent the last hour wandering around the house singing at the top of his lungs. Tam he did manage to singout his version of Happy Birthday to you. Quill, Sassy and I send our best birthday wishes as well. May you have the day you want... Shady Maple sounds like a great idea.

Just stopped pouring rain - it has poured since about 1 am with no let up. The ground just squishes no matter where you walk.

Our friend Frank is home from Indonesia until the end of July so he stopped by this morning. He said he had dreaded in one way coming down that lane for the first time and not seeing my babe standing in the door waving. It was good for the both of us to have some time together.Now he is just up the lane I am sure he and I will spend some time together doing some things. I think he is coming with me to Ottawa next week, I need to file some more forms to get certain benefits I am eligble for now I am a widow.I have mailed them, weeks ago but they claim they have not received them. This time I will do it in person. Hopefully it will be a sunny day and we can decide Tang or his Harley. I'm up for either.

WIll drop back in later to catch up!
Dianne

Sandy I cam comisserate with you on the rain. We have had so much I feel like mould is growing on my skin. Yuck!

Will stop back in later

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9162475

YAY! STREAK IS HOME! I would of loved hearing him sing! Well Dianne part of your world is right side up again.It will slowly happen. Hugs and puppy kisses! Vicki and Ty

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 12, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #9162493

Woo Hoo Dianne! I enjoyed the BD song from Streak - he's got a great voice. :-)

I just met with a kitchen designer. She agreed the design will be challenging. I really liked her and she has done a lot of old farmhouses (and has one herself). So I have a good feeling. And now we're off for dinner.

And here's the floorplan of our house w/kitchen - since I created a jpeg for her I happen to have one to share now. Any budding kitchen designers out there can send ideas. :-)

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #9162584

Dianne, I am so glad Streak is back home and is fine. That's great that Frank came over.

Tammy, have a great time at Shady Maple. Is the upper right hand of your design your fireplace? It looks like a good plan.

It's raining here too.

I think it was Sandy Hook, NJ - had an SOS call yesterday afternoon. A yacht blew up and the survivors were in life rafts. The news showed the images of all the emergency crews on land waiting to get people to the hospital. They had a coast guard ship and helicopters looking for the people. It turned out to be a hoax. Can you imagine if there was a real emergency?

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9162590

I bet someone gets arrested when they are found!
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 12, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #9162610

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!!!

Little update for you...Maddie and Lutz did great for a couple of days but had a bad fight on Monday morning in which I was bitten breaking it up (my own fault of course). I am okay. Maddie got a little notch out of her nose but is fine. She was the instigator but she lost I'm afraid.

So...they have been sent to "couples counseling" up at a trainer's ranch. He is going to work with them for up to two weeks...and then work with me as well. However if after a couple of days he doesn't feel good about them being together long term, I will have to take Lutz back.

That would break my heart to have to do...so cross your fingers, think good thoughts, say a prayer if you can...I sure want it to work out.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 12, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9162640

Already started Lee! Geesh goofy animals! Not in a funny way. That is one reason I have not pushed for another dog. To fall in love with it and maybe have to give it up. DIL was talking this weekend of hoping to get an apartment where they could have a dog. That Ty and dog would get along and there would be play dates. Wasn't that nice of her?
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 12, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9162780

Sending positive thoughts Lee that couples therapy will be a positive experience for your 2 babies. How's your bite?

Severe T and L moved through. lost hydro for about an hour. Power on, thunder is starting back up and the sky is a weird orangey yellow colour... very unsettling. Going to power down.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 12, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9162853

Vicki - sounds like your DDIL is searching for ways to build a stronger relationship with you. That's really nice!

Lee - I'm glad you are all right (and of course you know not to ignore the wound now. cluck cluck cluck). I will keep positive thoughts that the couple finds a way to settle in together. We don't want any more heart break in your life.

Loretta - that's the current floorplan. :-) and yep - fireplace is in the upper right corner. I just could not figure out how to move the kitchen back into that area of the house - no walls. Fireplace on one side & doors on the other side. I really liked the kitchen designer so am hoping she comes up with something creative.

Dianne - I hope the furkids don't get too alarmed by the storms. We've got quite a rainstorm going on here too. No satellite signal.

Dinner was nice. My one friend is off insulin for the first time in years. He said he cut back on portion sizes and cut out evening snacks. He's lost 27lbs and has not needed insulin for a week. His wife has lost 12lbs. They are both quite happy. Nice to see.

Good night everyone!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 12, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9162902

Good evening. Tammy, I am going to have to find some way to make my print larger for me to see what the set up for the kitchten looks like. Maybe could give some tips on "what not to do". Glad that you had dinner with the friends. Oh, I get excited when I hear somebody has managed to go off some meds, just through change in diet. Congrats to both of them.

Dianna, so glad that Streak is back home. I would have liked to have been there to hear the singing. Bet he is happy to back to home sweet home. Sorry about all the rain, hope it stops soon. Wouldn't it be nice if we could order it when we needed it? Glad to hear that Frank is back and will be some help to you. Hope the rain stops so you can either take the Tang or the motorcycle out. That would be a great day.

Elsie, that is a horrible hoax, sure hope that they arrest the ones who are behind the whole thing. And to think that we have these people to call on in a real emergency, and some ignoramus keeps them engaged, so that if there was a real emergency they would be spread pretty thin. Was Teddy at work today?

Lee so sorry to hear that the dogs got in the fight. I am usually right in the middle trying to separate them when it happens here. I act on instinct and don't even think about my well being, just try to separate them so they don't get hurt. Hope the couples counseling is successful and that Lutz can come back home with you. They are probably just working out who the dominate one is going to be. And we both know that you can't have two dominate ones, so somebody is going to have to adjust their temperment.

Vicki, sure sounds like DIL is trying to become a friend to you. It is hard for both sides to get comfortable with a new relationship. My Ex DIL is friendlier now than when she and my DS were married. This is DGD's mother. Guess it has lots to do with her maturity, and realizing that I do know a few things after all. She calls me quite often for recipes, advice and is coming to help me dig and divide day lilies in the fall. (of course payment is in daylilies, which she wants more of) Fine by me, I would even cook if someone needed a good home cooked meal for the help.

Bonnie, we need an update on you,and your condition and that horrible compression garment. I have been imagining it in my head. Come tell me it is not as bad as what I have been imagining.

Debbie, where are you? Is something out of the ordinary going on at your place, or just too many people in the house again for the summer?

Well the dr appointment went well today. He put me on Advair and Albuterol to use with the nebulizer. I hope that this isn't for long, and I don't think it is. Just long enough to get my lungs cleared up. I go Thursday for a CT scan of my chest, so he can have a better idea about what he is actually dealing with. I am still on the oxygen at night, and it is helping me sleep better. Only up once last night to go to the bathroom, and right back to sleep. Have a check up with the gynocologist tomorrow from the surgery for cancer. I think it is all healed pretty good, and I am hoping that she will discontinue all treatments that I have been doing. Pretty time consuming, and then add the lung issues, seems like I am doing some kind of treatment all day long.

Melva, got the roses out tonight. Still looking for a place to put the salvia. From the description in plant files, seems it can get 4 feet tall and 4 feet wide.

Went out and took pictures of daylilies tonight, but couldn't get the pictures to transfer from my camera to the computer. I just gave up for tonight and will work with it again tomorrow.

Time for me to think about heading to bed. Good night everyone.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 13, 2012
3:41 AM

Post #9163197

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 13, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #9163243

Good morning, off in a few minutes to the Louisville gynocologist appointment. DH is driving me, and DGD called last night and is ready to come back, so will extend the trip a bit and pick her up at her DHS's house.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 13, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #9163289

Dianne, so so happy Streak is back! My goodness tell them all "enough" and stop worrying Mom!

Lee, same with your two. So so scary. And such big dogs to handle when that is going on...I get the broom after the cats anymore. Daisy is the worst...she is a horrible little creature, no one would believe how mean she is.

We certainly did have something out of the ordinary. Massive storm came through, and took out the transformer just four houses down on the pole. With other damage we were without power til just a bit after Midnight.

Normally I wouldn't mind but just had gone grocery shopping and was leaving the store about 5:00 when DH text me "powers out...major strike nearby".

Headache is still there but better. Have to run out for errands and such...hope to be back early afternoon.

Waving to all...

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 13, 2012
6:16 AM

Post #9163306

Good Morning!

I've forgotten to say how nice it is to have office assistants when I'm home! Truffles is here with me. Pixel has been spending half her time in her "spa" probably 'cause its just so stressful trying to catch up on what doesn't get done when I'm in CA. (Her "spa" is the little guest bathroom next to my office).

Glad the power came on before too long Debbie.

Have a nice day everyone
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 13, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9163327

BonnieB -- WINDOWS has a magnification tool ... i've never really figured out to use it, but just pulled it up...

Start | All Programs | Accessories | Ease of Access | magnifier

I use Win7

I moved the main "DG" window down to about half page, then the top haft of much larger - being magnified.

~~ slept til 8am. Charlie started walking on me [yet again] at 4:50am, then banging on the mini blinds... so i opened them all ... he kept pestering til I heard DH get up and left... next thing i knew it was 8. I feel like i did not get enough sleep.
We are supposed to take the boat out today - for the first time this season... hope all still works.

Lee -- hope the social worker can keep your kids work things out... they sure look like they had fun those first few days.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9163509

Thanks all..I am hopeful that their "couple counseling" will work for them. They are both great dogs and I'd love to have them home.

Have to admit I've enjoyed the quiet the last couple of nights. Makes sleeping so much easier!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 13, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #9164106

My dear Tammy I am so sorry I missed wishing you Happy Birthday yesterday. I hope it was all you hoped it would it be and more.

For me it was a day and night of torture. I had a follow up visit with the doctor at the Katy lymphedema center yesterday instead of a treatment. The person who wrapped my legs there was extra enthusiastic when wrapping my left leg to the groin. The wrappings were so tight i could hardly apply pressure on the leg to stand on it. I thought it would be bruised today when the wraps came off. Instead, that thigh was at least 25% smaller than my other thigh. That is how much waste fluid she forced out overnight. I officially reached a 30 pound weight loss on the center's scale today in 15 days...and I am still swollen. The doctor approved the recommendation of my treatment team that I be discharged on Wednesday of next week. The boys and I will be on our way to the shores on Thursday morning. A friend from that area is flying im Wednesday afternoon to drive us. It sounds like Moe's wife also has lymphedema, but even worse than I. It is also in her abdomen. My compression garment should be in by then. The good news is it did not have to be custom made so the price went down form $212 to $169. Ditto with the compression hose I was able to use a regular size. Bad news. The wound is healing, but has slowed down. Until it heals over completely, I will have to wear the wraps on that leg as pulling on the compression stocking would dislodge the bandage covering the wound. Hopefully, we will unwrap it one day and it will have closed overnight. It is slightly smaller than an eraser on a #2 pencil. Took my car to the body shop yesterday to fix the bumper. It was ready this afternoon just after Chesa left.

So that's about it. Trying to keep up, but losing ground each day. Anytime I sit or stand still for a few moments I drop off to sleep. I simply have no position in these wraps!! If I get up during the night and stop for a few moments to try to decide what I want to do or where I want to go - the next thing i know I am on the floor. I fall asleep standing up holding on to the walker. So I have learned not to stop but to go from sitting position to sitting position when I awake.

Feeling a little hungry. Have to see what an scrape up. BTW: I have not had one cookie, candy, piece of cake, ice cream or anything that qualifies as a "sweet" for the last 15 days. Drinking Cyrstal Light instead of Coke and Pepsi and snacking on fresh fruit trays and veggie trays. Almost staying away from all salty chips and crackers and other salty foods.

Wish I could say I look or feel 30 pounds lighter, but I don't.

Goodnight.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 13, 2012
6:32 PM

Post #9164155

Bonnie - I sure hope you get more sleep. Its so important to your health. It sounds like your body is trying but not cooperating.

Goodnight everyone
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 13, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #9164177

Bonnie, it is sure good to see you posting. I have asked about you several times. It seems that your condition is slowly improving, but I know that you think it is super slow. Hugs and puppy kisses from my two boys, Mr. B and Casper.

Went to the gynecologist today, and guess what, she discovered another lesion that has to be removed. On July 2 is when this one will be. She was honest and admitted that she probably missed that one when she did the other surgery, but it still has to be removed. I go tomorrow for a CT scan on my lungs to see if they have cleared all the pneumonia. Have to be there at 9:30, with nothing to eat or drink. I know that I will miss my coffee. May just have to visit crackerbarrell when I am done at the hospital. I will go pick up DGD after I finish there. I think her half sister's kids are driving her crazy. The half sister is fine now, but a scary few days. They think she has some form of epilipsy. She will be going through some tests in the next few weeks. I just hate for DGD to have to feel like she needs to stay with her and baby sit over the summer. She has 3 girls under 8 years old. I think they are 7(almost 8) 4, and 2. And from what DGD tells me, the two youngest are little hellions!

Debbie, what a day without electricity. Seems that the north east has been having some terrible storms.

Lee, when do the canines leave for couples counseling? sure hope it works.

Melva, we got the roses planted last night. We need rain, as the ground was rock hard. Still looking for a place for the salvia. I will find a corner to put it in.

Elsie, hope your work is going well, and that Teddy is keeping you entertained.

Tammy, love the way you described the spa for which one? Anyway, guess it is a comfy place or it would not have been chosen.

terese, I found that same tool, and have been working to try to get familiar with it enough to use it for the fine print like Tammy's kitchen plans. Guess I need to go over to the computer forum, have been trying to network my laptop with my desktop on the wifi, and keep getting error messages, when I put in what I think is the password. You computer guru you, thanks for your help and suggestions.

Vicki, only a day to go till truck day. That stinks, not having enough time to get it all stocked before the weekend.
BTW I didn't tell you how much I liked your blue garden, and the containers you have things in.

Well, need to check a few more emails. Haven't felt like going through them, so have about 100 or over and they are just stacking up.

Took a few daylily pictures last night. Anybody know why my camera does not show the true colors of things? Guess maybe I will be looking around for a better camera, if there is no adjustment or setting that I can change. It is not a very expensive one, a Kodak Easy Share, which I love otherwise.

Dianne, did you get to the office today to sign up for your benefits? Did you take the tang or ride the motorcycle with Frank? I would have opted for the tang! Just MHO.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 13, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #9164240

BonnieB - those CT scans have a lot of radiation. I'd just double check with the doctor if it is absolutely necessary. The question to ask is "what will you do based on the results?" If its nothing different than w/o results, skip the test. (Sorry if this is over stepping... I have just read the CT scans are a concern with how many are being performed.)

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 13, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9164267

Bonnie, I hope the progress continues. Aren't there compression "boots" that massage the tissue to get the fluid drained? I hope you get some rest. I would plan to watch a suspense filled movie - I always fall asleep.

Vicki, maybe the truck will get lost.

Debbie, I hope the get the electric fixed and the weather turns nice.

BonnieB, that's nuts about the other lesion. Maybe your doctor needs the microsoft magnifier. Teddy has a tummy upset. I don't know why he brings him in when he's not feeling well. He didn't bring him today - Teddy is with Grandma.

there is a new show on CBS - City Dogs or something. It's a dog "whisperer" in NYC. Tonight he worked with two young bloodhounds. They were too funny. The owner turned the water on at the sink and they would drink at the sink. there is a lot of footage of dogs in the city - lots of them in strollers.

My car goes in to get fixed tomorrow. I hope that takes care of things until need to get the back tires replaced.

I'm off to bed.

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2012
7:33 PM

Post #9164274

BonnieB they went to the ranch the same day as the fight...Monday.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 13, 2012
7:45 PM

Post #9164295

Elsie, I have watched that show the past 3 weeks. He seems to know what he is doing when he works with those dogs. I really think he is better than Caesar Milan. Last week, or maybe the week before he was working with a Boxer named Beefy. He was a hoot, he rode a skate board when he went for a walk, instead of walking and doing his business! Sending good thoughts about your car.

Tammy, I thought about the need for the CT scan. I am beginning to shy away from tests if they can't give a good reason to do them. However, he wants to know what the condition of the lungs are, as he thinks maybe, since I am so week, and it is taking so long to regain my strength that there is pneumonia left, and I need to take another round of meds. And the treatment is just as bad as the tests, as it is an antibiotic paired with steroids. May ask those questions tomorrow, when I get to the hospital.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 13, 2012
8:54 PM

Post #9164402

Elsie, I believe I will be fitted with compression boots to use at home at a subsequent follow up visit to the lymphedema clinic. Tonight I ordered a wedge pillow designed for leg lymphedema so I can elevate my legs while sleeping and when I am away from home and my recliner. It is being shipped to the shores. I can use it on the sofa there during the day.

My mission now is to find long a-line dresses/jumpers to wear and some long skirts. I cannot wear anything on my body or legs that can bunch up and constrict. Also loose fitting shoes.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 13, 2012
9:01 PM

Post #9164407

Just watched this NY trainer on TV. The girl with the pit bulls lived in my old 'hood! They were in my park and sitting by the east river where we walked every day. Made me homesick!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 14, 2012
1:49 AM

Post #9164489

Good morning everyone! I've been busy weeding and tying up the tomatoes. I still have lots to do in the garden, but time is always so short and we always have somewhere to go after work...ugh!
I'm going to Mom's today, then to the market and back home to cook cabbage with chicken. I just explained the recipe to Andreea because she hasn't cooked cabbage before...she's just that kind of person who doesn't wait let you speak and interruptes you with questions, before you can tell the whole thing...arrrgghhhh! I hope the cabbage will be edible!LOL
It's raining, yeeeaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

Bonnie, I feel for you, but I'm so proud of you loosing so much weight and not eating sweets or drinking Cola...it's very hard for you, I know, but you are doing great. I hope it won't last much longer so you can get rid of those bandages. Praying that you get more sleep...maybe some sleeping pills will help? Sending you strength and big hugs, dear friend!

Vicki, thanks for mentioning my article. I love your blue garden with so many blue pansies, so beautiful...congrats! I need to make such a beautiful corner in my garden too! Yes, I made the tart and many more!LOL

Debbie, that storm must have been scary! Loosing power isn't fun at all, I know. Stay safe!

BonnieB, I'm sorry that you will need another surgery , but it's good the gynecologist has found the lesion which needs to be removed. Keeping my fingers crossed for a clear CT scan.

Tam, glad to hear you had a nice dinner. Congratulations for your friends!

Elsie, that must be a wonderful show! Poor Teddy, I hope he is OK today! Glad to hear your car is getting fixed.

Dianne, how have you been feeling ? I'm glad you have a friend with you so you get your mind away from your thoughts and have a good conversation with him too. Good news about Streak, yeaahh!!!

Lee, I'm sorry Maddie and Lutz didn't get along. Did you find out something on his background? This might have been the reason of his agresivity, but hopefully the trainor will be able to fix any animosity between them.
I have a problem with my doggies too, now that Gavrila is gone...Trica, who had been beaten by all of them eversince he came on our street as a puppy...and I was protecting him...also Gavrila protected him all along...so now he has become an adult and he fights each of them fgor food, especially the girls. Buck is still fighting him back and he seems to be the leader now. But Rita and Fetica are afraid to come to eat at their dog houses and I need to take the bowl to them on the other side of the house...bad Trica! Poor thing, they have always eaten his food when he was a puppy and now it's pay time!LOL

Sandy, where do they get those watermelons from at this time of year? We have them mostly from Turkey until ours are ripe in August. Sorry you got a bad one!

Terese, I could almost see Charlie walking on you!LOL Not funny at 4:50 a.m.!

Have a great day everyone! Posting a picture with Ionut teaching breakdance to Nicholas!LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

June 14, 2012
1:52 AM

Post #9164490

I forgot to send you the link to my article in case someone wants to read it :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3764/

Also, posting a picture with the hole filled with sand.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
3:10 AM

Post #9164509

Morning everyone

{{{{Bonnie}}}

{{{{BonnieB}}}

I had a bad scare last night need to call the doctor think I have something wrong with the inner ear on my left side. I was so dizzy for a half hour or so that the world was spinning went to bed in my day cloths once I was able to get there.

Adina the grow the in south Florida but the problem is the use a LOT of Fertilizer high in nitrogen and most watermelons you get now have no taste.

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9164558

Good morning, reading the paper, but no coffee. It is like bagels with no cream cheese!

Need to head to the shower.

Thanks Adina for the link, will read the article when I get home later.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 14, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9164601

Morning! It is trying to storm here and rumbling. But no lightning yet. So hanging in until I have to get off. I have today off as yesterday she had to work at another store helping do their reset.

The new reset is done and there are plenty of empty spaces waiting for the new merchandise to come in tomorrow. Looks really good! I had Tues. off and came back in with a clear mind and gave her a few suggestions for changes. She was very pleased with them.

Niece didn't come the other day. Is suppose to come today and if it rains there is no sense in her coming. So will see if she calls to cancel.

Oh Bonnie I sure hope this ends for you soon. Glad you are getting away for awhile.

Sandy how scarey! I know those dizzy spells are not fun. Hope there is an easy treatable solution. Could it be a med you are taking?

Adina I am still willing to take Trica. That Break Dancing pic is adorable. That is only part of the blue garden but it is what was in bloom. Those were blue metal canisters I got at a thrift store. I probably ruined a bit of history there. The larger container is some kind of large tall bucket.

BonnieB an apology is not quite enough. She should do the surgery for free or at least discount it 50%. Hope your DGD does not feel she has to help her DHS all summer. You will need her and she needs to have some fun also.

Tam I must say I couldn't figure out the plans. Well some of it I could. Never thought of a fireplace as I am not a fireplace person. LOL Hope she does come up with a workable solution.

Elsie he should leave Teddy home when he is sick. But that sucks for you. Hope this plan for the car works. The truck getting lost is a good idea. Maybe it will go to Canada?

Yes Dianne how did the paperwork trip go? Streak still talking? Are the deer leaving the garden alone? One ate the tops of 3 lilies off. Guess I won't get any blooms from them.

Debbie I don't think you came back. Did your headache get worse?

Still rumbling but my tummy is going to start in also. Better go and get us fed.

Thumbnail by ves522

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 14, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9164609

My headache is horrible. Life is hitting the fan here big time which isn't helping.

Say some prayers please.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 14, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9164613

Oh Debbie I was hoping it wasn't so! Sending strength and puppy kisses.

Vicki and Ty

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
8:34 AM

Post #9164762

{{{{{{{{Debbie}}}}}}}}}}}}

I am fine, get a clean bill of health from the doctor, just my sinuses causing problems

waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 14, 2012
8:55 AM

Post #9164790

Good Sandy!!!!!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 14, 2012
8:57 AM

Post #9164794

Oh my I think I had better just send out a huge, heartfelt hug to everyone here on HWYD.

Went to Frank's after a spur of the moment dinner invite. First time I had been out to dinner in several months at a friend's, heck anywhere. Frank's SO had come back from visiting her adult kids so I was able to see her for the first time since Christmas. Had my first BBQd veggie burger last night - didn't mind it all all, in fact I was surprised at how good it was. Still not able to eat much did manage to get almost 1/2 the burger down.

Oh Adina bet you all had a few chuckles with Ionut and Nickolas break dancing. Ionut still into soccer as much as he was when he was younger? Huge soccer fever racing through Canada right now!Fans actually take holidays and plunk themselves at the local watering holes that are known to be frequented by fellow Greeks, Irish, Slovaks, Italians etc to watch the games on huge screens .How about in Poland?

See our GP today. Hopefully the sleep issue, my back and these massive headaches will be dealt with. I truly do not want another MRI or CT right now. I am way into the double digits the number of times I have had these since 2009. Doc my dentist was telling me the Dentist Assoc is trying to come up with some sort of card people would carry telling when and what test they have had ... including dental xrays. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Time for a brisk walk before I shower for the doc's. Great no make that excellent weather here today.

Hope all of your weather is a great as I have today.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9164808

What's up Debbie? Thinking of you!

Hi Adina, I feel like we haven't "chatted" in awhile. I always enjoy your articles!

Waving to all...Dianne hope the doc can help you sleep. I go through spells of not sleeping (like last night...grrr) and it starts to magnify every not great emotion. It's miserable.

Waving at everyone...back to work. Sigh.

ps Heard from the trainer working with "the bickersons" last night...they are doing well...fingers crossed
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9164829

Lee, you coined a phrase Please submit it to Mr. Webster for inclusion of the next edition. And BTW, the counseling sounds like it is going good.

Dianna, what a treat dinner out, even if it was only a half burger. At least that is a start. Good luck at the Dr's hope he/she gives something that will make sleeping/going to sleep a breeze.

I am back from my CT scan and picking up DGD. She is out mowing the yard, so grandad won't have to do it when he is through cutting hay. Beautiful day here today. Guess I will do some cleaning.

Here are some daylily pictures I took night before last.

Thumbnail by defoecat   Thumbnail by defoecat   Thumbnail by defoecat
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #9164834

LOL at the bickersons Lee.

Howdy - just a quick post to say hello. I have Truffles here helping around the office and actually squeezed in my third workout of the week today.

I hope things improve for all of you having troubles!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 14, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #9164840

Lee, vampires don't sleep...maybe that's Dianne's issue? Hmmmm
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 14, 2012
9:37 AM

Post #9164852

Could be Debbie, could be!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
9:54 AM

Post #9164866

{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}to everyone

I wish I had a video of me trying to get to the bathroom last night. I was staggering around worse that a drunk sailor. At least I was not left with a hangover from my cheap drunk.

Sandy and Andre
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #9164901

That does explain it!!!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 14, 2012
1:31 PM

Post #9165117

Ya but Debbie don't vampires sleep during the day? I can't even do that for heaven's sake.

Back from the doc's ... new meds for sleep amongst a few other things. Got a scolding again about being on the ladder, didn't tell her I almost did a 15' pole dance the other night trying to reach plugged eaves.

Sandy everything OK today? No dizziness?

Lee I so chuckled whwen I read about the Bickersons. I used to have a 13 and 14 year old male and female students in my Behav class. I called them the Bickersons from Day 1. My heavens they sounded like a tired well married older couple. Couple therapy did help them... lol so sure hoping it will with your too.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2012
2:01 PM

Post #9165153

Thanks Dianne! Finger's crossed.

Pole dancing huh? hmmmmm

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #9165198

Dianne only one tiny dizzy spell. Went to doctor and get a clean bill of health. He agreed that it was probable my sinus and what I was doing was good. I am hoping I do not have another like that one.

Sandy and Andre
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
3:19 PM

Post #9165272

(((Debbie)))

Dianne, I hope your new meds work well for you. Good for the doctor giving you hell. and pole dancing?

Adina, love the picture of Nicholas and Ionut!!

Bonnie, I hope you are feeling better. The maxi dress has made a come back -you should have no problem finding what you need. I saw some nice long sun dresses at Kohls. They looked very stylish and comfy.

Vicki, you would love Tammy's fireplace. She lives in an old farmhouse. The fireplace is one of those huge walk in ones for cooking. I think that ads to the planning problems.

BonnieB, I'm glad DGD is back with you. She will be a huge help to you. And it sounds like you two have a great time together.

Lee, glad the Bickersons are doing better.

Sandy, glad it is only your sinuses. I bet that was scary.

Tammy, I wish I had office help like you.

It's almost TGIF!!

It's a madhouse at work again. Someone spilled what we think is coffee all down the stairs. One of our editors told the boss that it was very thoughtful for whoever was bleeding at the top of the stairs to make it down the stairs to punch out. I couldn't stop laughing.

We had a nice fruit tart to celebrate a co-workers birthday. Teddy came in and just wallowed in the love. He was dancing around. He wouldn't listen or even look at his owner.

I got the car back - it was a little more expensive but it's done. He said to be careful because it is so quiet now I will try to start it again. So now I can sneak up on someone. hehe

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 14, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9165285

Elsie so glad the car is quiet again. Also try not to fall asleep while driving! Fireplaces are nice I just don't want one. LOL Fruit tart sounds good! Probably because of burning wood all these years.

Niece did show up and since it was raining we cleaned the garage. OMG! Talk about dust. So once I get the garbage out and burned and a few things arranged it will look so much better. Leon also got brushed and he just loves it. I wish Furby did as he has some good knots and he has never liked being brushed. She tried with me holding but was to scared of cutting his skin. The boys will think they are in a new place!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9165330

OK... I missed who Leon is Vicki! :-)

Loretta - I get such a chuckle from my office help. Truffles starts purring when you talk to her. Pixel spent the day in her spa. I guess she's just not up to a day in the office yet. Sorry to hear someone was bleeding but I have to admit, made me smile to hear another with a similar wit to you there. Teddy sounds like he's feeling better. :-)

Bonnie - I'm so glad the process is working but what a terrible ordeal you are going through! Of course you have a plan that will allow you to be as stylish & attractive as always even dealing with this lymphodema issue! Sounds smart too to get that leg pillow for the shores!

Lee - I'm glad to hear that things are sounding promising at the trainer for the Bickersons. (Oh I am gonna remember that one!) How's your dad doing? You haven't said (or if you did I missed it).

Debbie - I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with another crisis, especially while you have a headache!

BonnieB - I'm sure you made the right decision on the CT scan. Awareness of the issue is the most important thing in helping make the right call. And I forgot to say I'm sorry to hear you have to have another surgery on your sensitive parts!!!! That's just not fair.

We had a magnificent day here. I just felt so restless - I stepped out to check the garden. I pulled a couple of garlic plants that were ready to harvest & a few swiss chard leaves. For dinner I finally was able to make pesto. OH its soooo good. Pesto on a turkey & veggie pasta. YUM YUM YUM

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #9165375

Tammy, there was no blood- it was a coffee stain - we think. The big cheese spent quite a while trying to clean the stain but it came back. Your food sounds yummy.

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9165426

Not so good Tammy. Waiting to see what happens next week.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 14, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9165460

Loretta- whew! I guess I can laugh then if it was just coffee. :-)

Lee - got my fingers crossed for your DD.

I'm signing off to get to bed soon. Have a nice evening folks.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9165528

Well, DGD cleaned the pool today, vacuumed and brushed. DH took the filter out and cleaned it, and I have pitched in some shock, topped it off with more water, so the pool will be officiall open tomorrow. All bright and clean and hopefully warm. I am going to wait a few days before trying it as I do not need any cold water.

Lee, I have been keeping your Dad in my thoughts and prayers. What happens next week, does he have a Dr appointment or something.

Vicki, glad you got the garage cleaned, now do you want to come down and clean DH's? It is his man cave, he spends a lot of time out there working on small engines, listening to the radio and whatever else it is he does. It sure is a mess, with weed eaters, lawn mowers, chain saws, etc. I take it the dogs you mentioned belong to your niece? Does Ty get along well with them?

Casper is not getting enough to eat. We had been feeding him with the other critters, and today, I brought him in and fed him inside, and then later, discovered some chicken in the fridge not enough to do anything with,so brought him in and fed it all to him. Look really happy. Guess he will be trying to come in every time the door is open. He will not ever be a house dog, as he is not housebroken, and Mr. B has a big problem with him being inside. That's okay by him and me, as I now will have my inside boy and my outside boy. He has been kept in a very small enclosed kennel all of his life, and he has an annoying habit of just doing his business anywhere he gets ready. On the sidewalk, on the deck, you just have to be careful and look when you go outside.

Well, need to surf the net to look for a pool filter. At the pool store they were close to $200, and I know that I can find one cheaper.

I am off to bed.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 14, 2012
7:44 PM

Post #9165613

Possibley a procedure to shock his heart back into a better rhythm. Right now his heart is operating at no more than 30% capacity. Not good.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 14, 2012
8:10 PM

Post #9165656

BonnieB, Sandy, Debbie, Dianne, feeling so badly for all the suffering you are going through with your various health issues. I hope there are definitive treatments/solutions to all your problems and you can all be on the road to good health soon.

Tam, Elsie, Vic, Lee, Adina, all working hard as usual with furbabies close at hand.

I had a long, hard day today. It started out with the appointment to set four permanent crowns in my mouth. Thankfully they went in smoothly. Next I had my gnarly toenails trimmed. Could not get a pedi with the bandages on, but they look better anyway. Then we had only a short wait until the 1:00 treatment that zapped me, as usual. I am so sleepy I feel as though I could literally drop in my tracks. I will be totally surprised if I do not sleep tonight!!! Three more treatments - tomorrow, Monday & Tuesday. Discharge on Wednesday at the Katy location.

Without any mention or explanation, I found three sheets of paper face down on the seat of my walker when I lifter the two tote bags I carry to the center from the walker into the car. It is the food program I am to follow the rest of my life.

It begins: Eat within first hour of waking. Ear a meal every three hours after. For a total of 6 meals/snacks per day.

There are a TOTAL - TOTAL of 30 food choices. 30!!!!!!! That's it. OMG!!!!!! I will only list fruits and veggies:

Small Apple 3/4C blueberries
Medium Peach 1C cantaloupe
1 Med, Banana

Broccoli Cauliflower
Spinach Bell Peppers
Green Beans Celery
Romaine Lettuce

Someone shoot me!

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 14, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9165674

Bang, Bang, if I had to eat that the rest of my life, I may as well be shot.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
3:30 AM

Post #9165862

Good morning eveyone

{{{{{Bonnie}}}}}}}

I am doing better, except I had a fight with the oxygen thing last night, I think we both lost. Stupid tubing

Waving at everyone

sandy and andre

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 15, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #9165863

Bang, bang from me too Bonnie. Agree with BonnieB once I get my appetite back I would surely want more than is on your list/ Did you know a diet regime would be put in place?

Aw Lee huge hugs to you my dear.It must be so hard for you to be so far away from your sweet dad when he is not doing well.

Debbie how is the headache today?

Will get to pick up my new meds today so will see if they work for me. As I was wandering around the house about 3 am I was thinking to myself... are you really going to be sleeping this time tomorrow? I am truly skeptical but will give this drug a whirl.

Vicki, want to come and comb my cats? They really aren't too fond of it most of the time. While Streak was at the vet's they must have groomed him every day as he looks and feels wonderful.

Supposed to be very humid here the next few days,Toronto Humidex set to be over 40*C. Ouch! This is when I no longer live in the city.

Need coffee.
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

June 15, 2012
3:33 AM

Post #9165865

Morning Sandy, we crossed. What are you and Andre up to today?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 15, 2012
4:49 AM

Post #9165913

Dianne, I am turning into a vampire. Went to bed at 1:30 a.m. up at 4:30 and again just before 7:00.

I need to go get some bird seed as totally out and I have a family of young cardinals looking for their breakfast, and mama bluebird.

Bonnie, I agree...big bang bang on that. But I am not too far behind you, edema in the ankles is horrific.
I just hate fighting this fluid issue. One thing they have told me, no mater what you eat...or the time...start with a glass of water. Well, it has gotten so
I can't leave the house...always needing the bathroom and with these country roads, not many choices.

Dianne, we are supposed to get that humidity today also...that is why I am heading out now to get the seed and do errands.

Someone put the coffee on, I will be back!

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9165949

Dianne we have taken our run and except for going out side to play and take pictures of my hibiscus I am going to stay in.
The Humidity here right now is 74%

Get a sinus headache which is much better that being dizzy!!!

Sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 15, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #9165954

Good Morning!

Bonnie - you need to schedule time with the nutritionist who gave you that diet or one of your own selection. I'm thinking there will be a continuum of foods - those that you can eat all you want and those that should only be eaten is small quantities and on special occasion. With a diet ridiculously restrictive, you'll never follow it.

I'm happy to say TGIF!
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 15, 2012
6:05 AM

Post #9165967

Morning!

Tam Leon is one of my garage kitties. He is just a love. He would make a good lap cat. Furby is not so friendly but does love to play! They will be 10 years old this fall.

Looked out the window last night and what sky was showing was RED! We know what that means. Red sky at night-Sailors delight! So here's hoping today is at least rain and wind free.

Bonnie good advice from Tam. I am sure there will be more you can do. Well hoping anyway as I really don't want to shoot you!

Those of you with pain and other things going on need to go to:The back Porch and read Dream of Springs-Rants and Raves and anything but Cats.. Very interesting and maybe it would help you. Just read and think about it.

I could even understand it all if I thought hard enough about it. LOL

Terese did you get any of those storms yesterday?

Sandy I would rather have the headache then the dizzies! Yes stay inside.

Lee sending hugs.

I'd better get going for now. Have to eat and check and see how much damage there might be. But I think it is just some branches and pots blown over. The house sure was rattling yesterday! Shook a few times even.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9166043

Vickie to late was out side filling bird feeders and other odds and ends and I am now sitting here with water running down my face and I have been in the house over 10 minutes!!1

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9166044

Good morning, had a horrible horrible night last night. Having pain with my shoulder again. Seems I get feeling better over one thing and another body part demands equal time hurting.

Got errands to run this morning, but DGD is just getting up, so it will be awhile before we can get dressed and leave the house.

Dianne, here's hoping that you will be sleeping soundly and for a long time tonight.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9166066

bonnieB I know what you mean. I am thinking about taken bets on what body part is going to go next!

s and a

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

June 15, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9166266

~~ bored at work, though i need to get the Sales Tax report done and our monthly budget reports...

Vicki -- not one drop of rain, and we need it. HOT sunny and humid for today, they are saying chance of rain - but i wont believe it until i see it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #9166279

time for new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265134/

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 15, 2012
2:41 PM

Post #9166637

Dianne we really should be neighbors. We could have the best times during our sleepless nights. The night before last I was just starting a beef stew at 12:30 AM. Last night I went to bed at 10:30 so exhausted I knew I would sleep well. Not! I was awake at 11:30 - squirming in the bed. Been up ever since catching little cat naps. I spilled a glass of Crystal Light and a mug of hot tea in two of my black out moments. Fortunately I was seated at my tray/desk both times.

Today was exhausting for both Chesha any myself, but we got it done! After the 9:00 - 11:30 treatment we went to Infiniti, Cracker Barrel, the bank, the grocery and the gas station. Missions accomplished! I came home and crashed for over an hour. Chesha has the weekend off. Margarita will be here from 8:30 - 1:00 tomorrow. I will use the two days to slowly pack my very small bag for the trip to the shores on Thursday and gather the supplies that the boys will need for the trip, too. Patti2 will load the car Wednesday evening after she arrives on Wednesday afternoon.

Today during the lymphatic massage I had a cramp in my left hamstring and a restless leg attack in my left leg while on the pump. Then, of course, my back was screaming from lay flat on it for an hour. No wonder I feel beat up when the treatment is over.

I pray for a decent night's sleep.

Bonnie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #9166750

Bonnie, I agree with Tammy - get yourself to a nutritionist. It sounds like you are being put through the wringer. I hope that everything improves. I was wrong about the boot thing. It's a sleeve that sort of massages the limb. The coworker I spoke about had a thing on her leg to prevent blood clots after surgery.

Lee, I'm sorry your Dad is not improving - I hope the procedure makes him feel much better.

Dianne, I hope you got some sleep.

BonnieB, I sure hope your shoulder is feeling better.

Tammy, are you going back to CA on Sunday?

I just saw Clark Howard on TV and he suggested you put a nearby street as your home address in you GPS. That way if someone steals it they don't have your home address.

TGIF

Teddy is feeling better - he was acting like a mad dog this morning.

I got home and there was a bird trapped on the enclosed porch. I have no idea how it got in. I propped the door open and walked up the stairs and it was gone.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 15, 2012
4:59 PM

Post #9166781

Started to post here and then remembered Sandy kindly started us a new thread... so follow us here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265134/

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

June 15, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9166786

This message was edited Jun 15, 2012 7:02 PM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America