Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu): Camptotheca Tree

Communities > Forums > Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu)Replies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
tlpepper
Tatum, TX

June 8, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9157002

I also have this tree I was looking up info about it because it was given to me without alot of info. It is a very interesting tree to learn about.
JaxFlaGardener
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 11, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #9160979

Thanks, tl. My C. acuminata has continued to grow and is now about 10 ft tall. It is knocked back a bit by winter freezes since it is native to the more tropical areas of southern China, but it even came through the especially severe winters of 2009/2010 when we had temperatures of low 20s F sustained for several hours on nights for about two week periods. I am hoping I get to see a flower on it someday!

Enjoy!

Jeremy

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Why is this the "Happy Tree?" (Camptotheca acuminata) (Xi Shu) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jeremy always a delight! "Happy Tree" chrissy100 5 Nov 6, 2007 1:57 AM
Camptotheca acuminata onsmith 1 Sep 28, 2009 10:49 PM
happy tree WELLSDRY 4 Oct 5, 2009 11:06 PM
happy tree lavender49 1 Sep 29, 2009 12:59 PM
Happy Tree EFGeorgia1 4 Oct 3, 2009 2:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America