"Like Jelly Roll" Exchange! #4

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

We were at the critical "200" mark so I thought I start up a new thread. (We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253099/ )

Anybody got some projects started they can show? Some links for ideas that are perfect for this? I saw one called Concordia Blues on Etsy (LynBrownDotCom) and her California Roll was also adaptable for this.

For those of you not following the Valentine heart block, they had a posting and picture of their Valentine swap block made with 2.5 inch strips. The finished block (without the added border shown) was 20 x 26! Wouldn't take many of those with great sashing to make a throw or twin bed etc. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9156910

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Helene - what is a Watermellon Shuffle????

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

sounds like the aftereffects of too much watermelon....LOL

I think its the name of a Hoffman quilt pattern in shades of pinks and greens

http://www.hoffmanfabrics.com/content/content-image.asp?ImageID=702

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

macht nichts - use other shaded simple strips- like my beige /geen and off/white - what can happen?

I sure appreciate FREE patterns!!!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Nichole. I received my strips yesterday and they are lovely.

I also got BRIGHT strips. Love 'em.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Woo Hoo! Got some really cool strips yesterday in the mail, Thanks Nichole!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

perfect colors - my strips arrived as well thank you

Oracle , AZ(Zone 8b)

Lots of stuff going on here lately and haven't checked in for some time. I received your beautiful strips Nicole. Thank you. Haven't made up my mind yet on what I'm going to make.

Thanks, Nicole, me too! They are perfect!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I got mine as well, thanks for the beautiful fabric!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Received my also---perfect matches for those I have already received. Thanks so much.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Nichole, I got my strips too and they are great! I think I may make myself a purse from some of my strips. Maybe...

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Here I was wondering why nobody had said they had gotten their strips yet, and here it all is, in a new thread! LOL!

I'm glad you all like them.

Oh, did we forget to drop cookie crumbs when we changed? LOL How about we make them larger crumbs next time.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Oh, there was probably crumbs, but I just didn't see it!
^_^

My oldest son & his girlfriend are coming tomorrow for lunch. She is going to look over my fabric and finished blocks to pick out a project to have finished for her. Maybe my beautiful pink/ white/ white strips will end up in a project for her? I have internet pictures printed out of a couple of projects that feature 2.5 inch strips... we'll see!

I have told her I would put the top together but she will need to take it to a quilt shop to have it machine quilted or will NEVER get done!! LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope this is the right thread, lok, don't always function well early in the morning..

Got lovely bright strips from Nichole

Will go well with my project..soon fall will be upon us and I'll bet back to sewing and using up these lovelies..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

It has been so cool here, I've been sewing bindings on in the evenings.

Nice strips Betty. Jean, how much rain have you had so far? At the moment it is so dark I can't see the end of my driveway and the rains continue...................

Victoria Harbour, ON

Don't get washed away Marion!!!

That is the nice part..even though we are on a high area the water drains down the street, down my drive on one side only and has formed a wonderful natural riverbed. Will need to work on landscaping that area. Otherwise, we are actually in an area less likely to flood...house sits way back and on higher ground than the lake.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not raining here...I IS bad...

We had 6" overnite. Has just drizzled today. Even some sun at times. Yard is still flooded in many spots.
I'm tired of rain.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Nichole I got your strips too, thanks!! Or had I mentioned that before? Anyway, thanks again!!

Got my lovely, lovely strips from the exquisite Marion. Very happy with them, thanks a bunch!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Marion, thank you so much for the box of lovelies. Wow! that's a big bunch of strips. Loving the blocks too.

I hope you enjoy them!

I was in an "organizing" mood this AM so opened all the envelopes, sorted by color, laid them all out & took a pic of my collection. Of course, the pics are on the camera & the camera is not near the computer..................
I think I will need to create at least 2 tops.

And, while I was at it, I also got all the 5" squares in 1 pile. When sorted by "value", believe there will be at least 2 tops using these also.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Then you've a lot to keep you busy!

Must do the same

Just need to find the PERFECT patterns!!!!!

Okay, now to decided which pattern I want to add to my to-do list. I will finally say I have gotten my swaps blocks organized and it clear boxes with labels so that it a huge step forward for me. Pat, those links are fantastic...thanks for adding to my "wish list" of things to do. LOL That is what is so special about this group.....everyone sharing neat links for projects.

I've been rolling this around in my head. I have soooooo many other projects started that I don't dare get going on this one just yet, but I'm think I might try mixing the strips and insert pinwheels of different sizes. I wish I could just "do things" and not make it harder but I have a real love of NOT symetrical work and it takes me in a different way than most established patterns.

I did something today I rarely do. I purchased a book - Scrap basket Sensations by Kim Brackett. After organizing all those 2 1/2" strips I decided to get a book of patterns to use them. Of course pat's links are GREAT also. I just need to put all my 2 !/2" strips to good use.

STOP reading now if you don't want to read a grown woman whining like a 5 year old....

My husband has spent 2 1/2 days trying to find a way to make our Maytag Neptune washing machine work. Maytag no longer makes the parts for this lemon. DH has spend time calling, internet search and even "wired around" the problem two different ways and STILL I do not have a fully functional washing machine.

If people WANT to sell a product (used washing machine), why do they make a listing on Craigslist and NOT list a phone number (or list a phone but NOT return calls)) OR return emails??? *sigh* Thanks for listening (please picture Eeyore with baleful eyes).

Pat, I so understand what you are dealing with....had a Maytag Neptune and it was nothing but trouble. Finally got tired of the repair bills and got rid of it...seems there is some major issue with those.

I feel your pain....................I have a real problem buying a used aplinance. If it is worth selling, why not keep it & use it?
Hope you soon have clean clothes. After having spent 3 months using a laundromat, I know how much "fun" they are!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.