Photo by Melody

Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?: Selling on e-Bay - Years ago

Communities > Forums > Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?Replies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
babypalms
West Palm Beach, FL

June 11, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #9160584

I was selling my palm seedlings a few years back on e-Bay as dpalms. I did over 200+ sales and had only one negative feedback from one buyer. i did get an email from e-Bay saying it wasn't right for me to offer a free sample because other sellers did not offer free samples. Then, the high volume sellers got involved selling quantity not quality and I took a back seat and started to give me stuff away to locals.

I'm a hobbyists and enjoy getting usual stuff in the garden. For a time, it was fun selling on e-Bay but as e-Bay got bigger and more vendors got involved, the fun was taken out of it for me. I used to enjoy selling larger items because I could make a few dollars on a larger palm, about a year or two older than a seedling where the shipping costs are higher. It was a gamble selling these items because I shipped them Priority Mail paid by the seller which certified to me the delivery was made. It just got to be too much of a hassle for me and I started to leave the larger palms on the curb for people to just take.

What the grower needs is a system, like e-Bay, but not e-Bay, just for growers. Everything I grow in the garden, I get a kick out of making seedlings. Here are some Allamanda seedlings. Just might encourage me to get selling again.

Thumbnail by babypalms
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Euless, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2012
3:05 PM

Post #9161081

Looking good with your palms there! Thanks for your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
eBay Treasure Trove killdawabbit 5 Jun 30, 2011 4:22 PM
Pretty easy to check out eBay sellers nutsaboutnature 7 Jun 10, 2012 10:29 AM
Never bought annuls on-line sweetlilylin 1 Jun 11, 2012 7:18 AM
e-Bay plants ggrayhabig 3 Aug 6, 2012 5:49 PM
Selling on ebay tarynlyn 6 Jun 19, 2012 6:17 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America