Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?: Perrenials on e-Bay

Communities > Forums > Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea?Replies: 1, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
JohnK43346
Ann Arbor, MI

June 11, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #9160798

Another danger to watch our for in e-Bay is buying plants such as the Iris or peony that will bloom long after you can send feedback about the vendor. Several seasons ago I bought several different kinds of Iris (I thought) from an e-Bay vendor that, of course, did not bloom until the next season. Much to my dismay and chagrin they all turned out to be the very common purple Iris instead of the expensive different colored ones I thought I had bought. Last time I will buy an Iris unless it is local and it is blooming!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #9161087

Excellent point! As I look back (I wrote this article several years ago) I wonder why I wrote about ANNUAL plants and not plants period. ????? But your point is true for seeds too--you don't have time to see if they really are the seeds advertised until they have produced the plant you want, and unless they fail to germinate (and even then, sometimes) I am not enough of a seed expert to say that it wasn't my own fault the seedling didn't turn out right.

I'm not making myself very clear, but we agree: unless it's a flowering plant IN BLOOM, it's hard to give accurate feedback. Thanks for your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Buying annual plants (and other stuff) on eBay -- is it a good idea? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
eBay Treasure Trove killdawabbit 5 Jun 30, 2011 4:22 PM
Pretty easy to check out eBay sellers nutsaboutnature 7 Jun 10, 2012 10:29 AM
Never bought annuls on-line sweetlilylin 1 Jun 11, 2012 7:18 AM
e-Bay plants ggrayhabig 3 Aug 6, 2012 5:49 PM
Selling on ebay tarynlyn 6 Jun 19, 2012 6:17 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America