Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

California Gardening: Saskatoon Blueberry/Amelanchier alnifolia

Communities > Forums > California Gardening
bookmark
Forum: California GardeningReplies: 0, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dsrtgdn
Lancaster, CA

June 11, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9160947

Hello All,

I'm not certain this is the best place to post this question but I'm giving it a shot. I've also posted in the Native Plants forum.

I've purchased 2 bare root plants that are off to a good start. I'm hoping to keep it that way. I'm in Antelope Valley area. Zone 8a. Dry hot summers (110 degrees +) Cold winters(15 degrees is the lowest I've noted).

I got the plants late so am hoping to keep them comfortable on my screened in patio to protect them from August heat this year.

I've read the nursery and internet information now I'm hoping input from a grower of this plant.

Will they tolerate full sun exposure year round in my area?
Will they tolerate high winds?

Any personal input you can provide would be helpful

Chris

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other California Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hello fellow Californians....let's introduce ourselves! Kachinagirl 398 Mar 12, 2011 9:02 PM
Your area's best nurseries srkrause 98 Aug 9, 2007 10:51 PM
Any gopher solutions? Zuzu 410 Nov 19, 2011 8:08 PM
Procrastinating and Pots Happenstance 114 May 8, 2007 11:53 AM
Anyone else have squirrel problems? lilystorm 23 Aug 2, 2008 6:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America