-
AuthorContent
mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

June 11, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #9161542

Up till now I have had no garden art, or Garden Art, or even garden decorations. Now I do. I wish he would eat the blackberry vine in the backyard. I think I will name him Art. Let's see your Art, or art, or whatever. I got him on the spur of the moment at a place in Sequim, that was busy unpacking a truckload of metal art from Mexico. Some of it was Art, and all of it was very clever.
Also here is my Bartzella Itoh Peony, that stayed standing throughout our stormy June, without support. Also my Geranium magnificum, which is magnificum.

Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens   Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens   Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens
Click an image for an enlarged view.

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

June 11, 2012
10:06 PM

Post #9161607

Art is very cute! Your place is looking really good.
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9161922

Wonderful photos. I bought one of the Mexican metal art roosters a couple of years ago. I love the goats, too. I'll post a pic of my rooster named John later. The Itohs look awesome. I meant to add some of those this year, but didn't. Waiting for the prices to come down a bit, I guess.
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

June 12, 2012
10:34 AM

Post #9162190

Love the goat. I bought my DD a metal giraffe from Haiti. Also love the peony and your garden.
velveteena
Seattle, WA

June 12, 2012
9:20 PM

Post #9163025

What about that magnificum kitty???? Are those very short tree peonies? Fabulous color. Love the goat.
mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

June 13, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #9163726

kosk- I liked the Roosters too.
Willow-can we see a pic?
velveteena- Magnificum Kitty is Jake, he is old now but loves to "garden" with me.Used to keep my yard, and neighborhood mole-free, but seems to have retired from that.
The peonies are Itoh hybrid peonies, which are a new class of hybrid between herbaceous (the usual garden) peonies and tree peonies. They mostly act like regular herbaceous peonies, but this last very mild winter they did make buds on some of the stalks like a tree peony. Usually they die to the ground. What is especially nice is that they stand up on their own- the ones in the photo above have NO support at all, and we had torrential rains here while they bloomed. The color is more yellow than shows here- fairly bright light clear yellow. I can't seem to capture it with my camera.
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

June 13, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #9164016

I'll see if I can get a picture of the giraffe. She's been building a garage and rearranging her yard so it might be stowed somewhere. There is a catalog I receive that has all kinds of things made in Haiti from old tomato barrels or something like that. They are really neat. I think the catalog is 'West End".
velveteena
Seattle, WA

June 14, 2012
12:44 AM

Post #9164473

You are spoiled rotten for nurseries in your area.When I visit my pal in Lake Stevens, we do the rounds. I even got some great plants right in front of King Charley's burger joint. (Oops! Now I'm hungry!) Where did you buy the peonies?
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

June 14, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9164815

Patiently awaiting photos of the giraffe and rooster... There is a shop on Camano Island that has some very colorful metal roosters that are about 6' tall, pretty cool. I'd love to plant one in my front field. Last time I was there, none of them were priced, so no clue how much they might be.
mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

June 14, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #9164872

velveteena- A&D Peonies, in ?Clearview? Maltby? was a very fun trip. It seems to be a long established family nursery, with zillions of varieties growing right there. I went in springtime 4 years ago, and the owner helped me pick some out, using my criteria of "no support needed". (the pic is tree peony 'Tria"). Then in the fall they came in the mail. Humongous roots. You can just order on the web but it was fun to visit, just don't plan on bringing them home yet. Easy to combine with visit to Flower World or Molbak's Nurseries.

Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #9166011

Here is my rooster. He is in my area that is fenced off for deer. He is about 3 feet tall, I think.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9166014

More garden art.

Thumbnail by kosk0025   Thumbnail by kosk0025

mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

June 15, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9166225

kosk- Yours is Art too!
I see you keep the rooster behind the fence, safe from the foxes.
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

June 15, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9166287

Love it. Great rooster. Neat birdhouse.
mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

July 25, 2014
8:57 PM

Post #9903255

This shrub seems to have a little cave in it. I wonder what might live there...

Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens

mlmlakestevens
Lake Stevens, WA
(Zone 8a)

July 25, 2014
9:00 PM

Post #9903279

Let's take a look.

Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens   Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens   Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens   Thumbnail by mlmlakestevens   

13Turtles

13Turtles
Springfield, OR
(Zone 8a)

July 26, 2014
2:38 PM

Post #9903622

mlm, I love Art! And the cave dweller -- nice picture story, lol. Thanks for sharing!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pacific Northwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cannas and Agapanthus in the PNW? SalemSunshine 14 Mar 1, 2011 10:08 PM
Tomatoes - when to transplant? Leehallfae 17 May 5, 2014 8:08 PM
Anyone want some fish? Pixydish 33 May 27, 2009 5:38 AM
Does bamboo grow in Spokane? Adriaan 24 Oct 30, 2007 5:38 AM
only one bloom on my rhododendron this year JoieM 27 Jul 11, 2007 3:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America