Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Shopping spree #12

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Coming from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1253928/

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Bought a petunia today with the most incredible velvety purple color. Will check the name.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Does it smell good? I've noticed that just the purple petunias smell real good

Good question. Did not check.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I love smelly petunias here is the fuschia

Thumbnail by onewish1
Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

A new purchase just arrived and it didn't turn out so well. I ordered a Pusch spruce and thought it would look like the web pictures and be a small guy, no more than one foot in ten yrs. Turns out it is a topiary, with this grafted ball of spruce on a two foot stem. Topiary is not my thing and I don't like it, but expensive to return and I'm trying to figure out want to do. The seller says over time the branches will drop down and it will look more tree-like. I'm wondering if I planted some foot-high grass around it, if that might work to disguise the stem until it got older. Anyone have experience with this? The seller mentioned in an email that it was "on standard" but I didn't know what that meant and skimmed over it and never asked--this will teach me to slow down and pay attention!

Thomaston, CT

Hiding it with the grass sounds like a good idea....should go natural in a few years I would think....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yep sounds like a good idea with the grass

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Nice fuchsia!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I read that this fuschia might spread underground runners.. but the tag on the plant said zone 6.. online mostly says zone 7... not sure if it's bad one or not.. Marilyn in the hummer forum has it.. I asked her how it is

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My step mil gets fushias every year and treats them as annuals

Received my Santa Rosa order, looked good except the ajuga leaves were wet so started to get slimy and spotted but the soil was dry, so that was weird

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I got an email for Santa Rosa, no golden agast., had a crop failure. Needed to substitute w/ something else.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

want me to do some cuttings for you?.. might even have one I can dig.. will check

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

garden harvest supply.. 40 off annuals

http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c11e9579b6928eeab947c7b78&id=ea853a9820&e=3f617be8a5

Thomaston, CT

Not looking! Saving money for WFF sale.......

Thomaston, CT

The heat was oppressive, the crowds huge, but I bought all this for $85.00 this morning......Colocasia Mojito, Coleus Orange & Mojito Mint......Caladium Carolyn Whorton, hosta First Frost, Quince Pink Storm......clem, Diana's Delight, Hellebore Winter Thriller, 2 primula North Hill Strain, a lavender that I gave to a friend, lily bulbs ..2 of Baywatch, & Kaveri, & dahlias Amanda, American Dream, & a noid......I met the Curtisses, the folks I adopted Robs from, & they bought twice as much including a hydrangea that I looked for but couldn't find...oh, well, I'll see it when I visit!

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice haul!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is a good haul!! first frost is a winner, i like the qunice too.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

NICE!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Woot, woot!!!

Yes!

Wow, you cleaned up! Great stuff!

Nooooooo shopping for me until everything is planted or up-potted, period. I'm down to a half-dozen hosta, a bunch of seedling Platycodons, a couple of clematis, a perennial sunflower... And a few odds and ends I forget right now. About 3 flats worth. Not to mention what I want to move around and divide... Sigh...

On the happy side, after all the heat and the rain tonight, the garden is looking amazing!

Thumbnail by Pfg
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice Robin!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I would agree that your garden IS looking amazing!

My shopping spree today will be at Delicious Orchards. Pecan pies, apple cider donuts. Not sure what else. Good thing this place isn't close to where I live.

Thomaston, CT

Pam, your garden looks nicer than the bed I saw at WFF yesterday! Jan, love apple cider donuts....only kind I will eat!

Thanks!

...Yummmmmm,!!!

Thomaston, CT

Didn't realize until I planted yesterday that there were 3 lily bulbs in each pack that I bought, plus I forgot phlox Coral Creme Drop.......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

my pics & plants from Well-Sweep today

https://plus.google.com/photos/111926172330822213072/albums/5757774407774502401?authkey=CIOWhvWvyKuKUw

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh I am sorry I took Randy to Well-Sweep... he is in love with the 10 foot tall scotch thistle they have there.. UGH .. calgon take me away!!!!

Hee hee! Could be worse. Could be in love with a 10 ft Scottish terrier.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Allison, Let me know if the chocolate cosmo smells like chocolate. :) I see you found silver bells?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

it's snow angel... figured I needed another since I think I bought the one I lost there 3 years ago.. maybe 4

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Heehee. I really like Well Sweep. Nice score!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I really like that clem too Allison, it screams at ya!!
This one sang to me while I was at Lowes it said in a very sing-song voice~
"YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME, YOU HAVE A GIFT CARD IN YOUR PURSE SO I WON'T COST YOU ANYTHING. TAKE, TAKE ME HOME!!!" .....so i did.

Echinacea Sombrero Hot Coral

Thumbnail by pixie62560 Thumbnail by pixie62560
Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is pretty celeste

Thomaston, CT

I love Snow Angel, Allison...it really brightens up a dark corner.....Pixie, that would have sung to me as well.....loved the shape & color!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oooohhhhh, glad you listened.!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very pretty

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nice!

I am looking for a white mandevilla, to put where my clem that got eaten should be growing right now...It looks so empty
You know how hard it is to find a white mandevilla??? everyone loves the pinks and reds

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I have taken advantage of all the co-ops and Santa Rosa sales (plus lots of Crape Myrtles from Ebay) and I just received my LAST purchase for the year which I took a chance on. I have a spot that needs filling where I'm taking out all my Daylilies (putting them in the far garden with the flowering bushes because most of the time, all they are only leaves). For 29.00 I purchased the mystery package from Santa Rosa and received:

Items Ordered:

3 of : Agastache Cotton Candy bbox

1 of : Calamagrostis acutiflora Avalanche bbox

1 of : Carex morrowii Silver Sceptre bbox

3 of : Coreopsis Star Cluster bbox

1 of : Crocosmia Lucifer bbox

3 of : Gaura lindheimeri Crimson Butterflies bbox

2 of : Hibiscus moscheutos Luna Pink Swirl

1 of : Pennisetum orientale Karley Rose bbox

( Santa Rosa Bargain Box)

I'm not sure what some of them are, but the healthy, well packed plants will do nicely in the spot where they're needed.

$29.99 Shipped

1 of : Veronica Tickled Pink

$2.99 Ship

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.