Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Garden Pests and Diseases: What is this on my Jade plants?

Communities > Forums > Garden Pests and Diseases
bookmark
Forum: Garden Pests and DiseasesReplies: 2, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
fatcaudex
Providence, RI

June 15, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #9166202

So I've had this white sticky looking fuzz on my jade plants (and some of my other house plants). I've noticed it tends to sit on nodes of branches, and prefers succulent plants (my Adeniums too... R.I.P). I thought they were wooley aphids.

I have tried store bought sprays and even a spray made of soaked cigarettes. All seem to stave the infestation but it recurrs sadly...Any help?! What is going on?! HELPPPPP!!!

Thumbnail by fatcaudex   Thumbnail by fatcaudex   Thumbnail by fatcaudex   Thumbnail by fatcaudex
Click an image for an enlarged view.

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 15, 2012
9:24 AM

Post #9166208

Not sure if there might be other things going on too, but I see mealybugs. The most effective thing I've found to get rid of them is a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Unfortunately like any pest they can come back, so you will need to keep monitoring for a while so you can catch them early.
fatcaudex
Providence, RI

June 15, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9166840

ecrane3, thank you. I will try your remedy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 162 Jun 18, 2014 7:41 AM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America