-
AuthorContent
diamondjfarms
Needville, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 15, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #9166989

This is an ornamental grape, called Sweet Lace, purchased from Stark Bros; its leaves are quite fancy (see photo). The grapes are small, but so were my flame seedless grapes. These grapes have seeds, and taste fine, like any other grape, really.

Pot in this photo is 23 inches across and almost 20 inches high. Full plant with arch is just shy of 4ft high. This pot is actually the tubs my molasses licks come in for the horses. I have bunches of these, and the just pile up month after month. I use them for water tubs, feed bins (they have lids), and storage too. But, I also use them as planters. I just drill a hole on the side about 4 inches up from the bottom, and use them like earth boxes. I have 7 varieties of blueberry, 8 blackberry bushes, grapes, mini figs, raspberries, bananas, and some semi-tropical psudo-cherries. I have a drip irrigation system to water each tub.

Thumbnail by diamondjfarms   Thumbnail by diamondjfarms
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #9172927

you've got a dmail...

meadowyck

meadowyck
Brooksville, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 22, 2012
7:27 AM

Post #9175662

diamondjfarms

What a wonderful recycler you are, those tubs are perfect for gardening in, makes me want to have a horse...LOL I love finding multiple uses for things.

Jan

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Self-contained Box Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Self-contained box garden forum melody 44 Sep 25, 2008 3:01 PM
Question about Spinach and EB's? IO1 23 Oct 13, 2008 8:48 PM
Never had one, How do I make my own? tetleytuna 3 Sep 21, 2008 4:46 PM
Threads related to this topic (please read and respond) tetleytuna 18 May 10, 2013 2:47 AM
My EB garden (and more) BocaBob 121 Dec 11, 2008 5:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America