AuthorContent
baileyweb
Rome
Italy
(Zone 10a)

June 16, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #9167620

Does anybody know at what age I can expect my Euky Dwarf gum to flower? It's growing well, about 2 metres tall now. Thanks in advance!
tropicbreeze
noonamah
Australia

June 16, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9168067

Do you know which species it is?

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

June 16, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #9168095

Without knowing which one you have, if it's the grafted one that we have here...it will flower any time now...
I have a 3 of them, E.ficifolia x E.ptychocarpa hybrids grafted on to a fast growing rootstock...they are sold as dwarf because they only get to about 3/4 mts...they are in flower at about a metre...I had an orange flowered one that grew so quickly it didn't flower until it was as tall as yours.

This message was edited Jun 17, 2012 1:12 PM

Thumbnail by Seachanger   Thumbnail by Seachanger
Click an image for an enlarged view.

baileyweb
Rome
Italy
(Zone 10a)

June 16, 2012
11:50 PM

Post #9168320

Thanks very much folks! I bought it at a garden centre outside Melbourne and it was labelled Euky Dwarf and that's about all, I think. It's a bit spindly, probably because it only gets direct sun in the morning. Could I prune it sometime to make it bushier? Cheers!

Seachanger

Seachanger
Clifton Springs
Australia

June 17, 2012
2:00 AM

Post #9168341

And here's me thinking that you bought it in Roma...lol...it will be the same as mine.
You can prune it but it is probably looking for the sun...mine have always grown in full sun...
Don't give up on it, some of them take a while to settle in...
baileyweb
Rome
Italy
(Zone 10a)

June 24, 2012
12:12 AM

Post #9177990

Thanks Seachanger, your replies seem to have reached the Euky, there are some very different buds growing on it now, I'd swear they are flowers. Yippee!

I've got to prune a Cocculus laurifolius which blocks some sunlight, care to come and give me a hand? ;)) It's warmer here than in Melbourne now!

All the best, Sue Webster
g_whizz
rosetta TASMANIA
Australia

July 13, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9204418

I purchased a small one in 2007 and kept in a 24'' pot, but nothing really eventuated,.,last year, i thought it had died, so i started cutting back to realise it still had some healthy stems,.,.after a hefty haircut, it has never looked so good and i am positive it will flower this year

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Australian and New Zealand Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the new Australian Gardening forum Terry 28 Oct 21, 2009 10:20 AM
Where are you in AU . holty 218 Jan 22, 2014 3:49 PM
soap tree aka 'Sapindus Mukorossis' is it available in aus'? gardenlen 15 Jul 18, 2013 2:22 AM
bromeliad-blanchetiana ? boofhead 7 Dec 30, 2011 7:42 PM
What you don`t want to see in your garden. ginger749 93 Sep 5, 2007 9:05 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America