AuthorContent
agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

June 16, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #9167875

I haven't been posting ...old age and illness.I'm feeling better now.I'll post some pictures of my pond this summer.The pond is getting more sun this yea.I had a huge Maple removed last summer.The whole garden has benefited by its' absence.The WL are blooming much earlier and larger.They are hardy ones that remain in the pond all winter with the fish and pond deicer.All 7 fish came through the winter OK.However we have had a visitor lately...the pond has been disturber at night. I'm only seeing 2 fish but the food is all being eaten so they may just be hiding.Time will tell.Joy

Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener
Click an image for an enlarged view.

agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

June 16, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #9167888

Here are a few other pictures of and beside the pond.Joy

Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener

MerryMary
Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL
(Zone 9b)

June 16, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9167898

Joy! I wondered where you've been, and I'm glad you're back! What beautiful plants you have around your pond. I love hosta, but have a very hard time growing them in Florida. They've done well if I grow them in water, with tadpoles, in large ceramic pots or vases. Your lilies look beautiful! It's funny that you're waaaay up there and I'm waaaay down here, and both of our lilies started blooming at the same time! :)
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

June 16, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #9167950

Joy

So good to hear from you - I too had been wondering about you. Glad you are feeling better.

I love the plants and your pond. So pretty.

BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 19, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #9172067

The plantings around your pond are really beautiful.

Glad you are feeling better.

Bonnie
agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

June 22, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #9175639

Does anyone know how I can get my WLs to produce more blooms this summer? Should I dead head the spent blooms and perhaps fertilize again.The fish have reappeared and should be producing quite a lot of poop to do the job.Garden Gate...my helpers will be here again in the next day or two so I can get them to do the dirty work.When I bend over I fall forward .Don't want to dive in the pond!! Joy
agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

June 23, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #9177347

well the parent of the Koi I baby sat for the winter came to take them home.He showed me pictures of their elegant pond however Eny,Meeny and Mow as I've called them prefer my overgrown half hidden pond.He spent 1/2 an hour trying to catch them then gave up in despair! He arrived with a basket of Pink Morning Glories to thank me for my hospitality.I ended up with 3 Koi and the morning glories and he went home empty handed.So sad for him.I sorted of hated the idea of the fish leaving .the have more personality than the Goldfish.Joy

agedgardener
Fredericton N B
Canada
(Zone 4a)

June 23, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #9177350

I sent the wrong pictures.Here is the one I meant to send

Thumbnail by agedgardener   Thumbnail by agedgardener

BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #9178113

WOW your ferns are beautiful. All your plants look like there doing very well.
Now that we are getting rain here mine are perking up also.
Bonnie

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Water Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lotus/Kitty Litter Mardell 36 Jun 21, 2011 5:29 AM
This is my waterpond before we started the new construction! TraciS 9 Feb 19, 2008 1:35 PM
No Pump Water Garden gardening101usa 4 Mar 12, 2007 5:50 PM
Easy and inexpensive pond... BigDaddy99 85 Aug 8, 2008 11:05 PM
How many ponders are out there ?? List your names - Update! judycooksey 361 Jun 7, 2014 5:30 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America