Garden Projects # 10

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1258276/#new
Keep those garden works coming.
New paths,new accessories any addition.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Jen mine looks like I never dug it out for the last 3 years.. big & full.. took over that part of the slope again :(

we are going to try and get out as much as we can after this weekend.. told Randy I don't even care if we loose the black eyed susans that are there.. just get rid of it

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats a hard decission and I amaze myself when I am willing to "off" a plant I thought was so special when I put it in the ground.

Thomaston, CT

Right now spiderwort is growing on the roadside, outside of my fence.....I've been pulling all shoots that wander! Have more weeding to do in the veggie garden.....I was going to plant my cutting garden in rows this year, then decided to broadcast the seed instead....shoot me, please.....can't tell the weeds from the baby plants, & some are growing on top of each other!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Hi... I read this forum a LOT because my mountain zone is closer to yours than the rest of my state.

Having said that, I'll take ANY spiderwort anyone wants to send me!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

mine might be mixed with black eyed Susan.. I can send you some if you still want em.. we are going to hopefully be digging them out next week

onewish1, that would be great... but I'm fund-less for postage (or anything else) until my next SS check since my debit card was compromised online.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Actually, mine is not spiderwort. Gotta figure out what it is.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Mine is, and it's blooming all over the place. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Darius the bank didn't make good on it?

Actually the bank will make good on the fraudulent charges, but being a small town bank rather than a national bank, they say 30-60 days. That doesn't buy any groceries this week!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ugh.. sorry.. bank of America had my funds back in a couple of weeks

BTW, Happy Birthday!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

if you are looking for some idea's for the yard check this out for some pictures of bedrock gardens in lee, nh - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265673/

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the album.The ironwork is wonderful.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quote from darius :
BTW, Happy Birthday!

thanks!!

When choosing nice containers, what takes priority when choosing the color, how it complements the plant, or the surroundings (house, patio, etc.)??

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Both!
Of course I have cobalt blue ones that don't really go with either.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

I match the plants with the pot which I picked out to go with the space in the first place. But that is in an optimal situation. So mostly I have pots that I have had for years that I put where they look best according to size, color and shape. Then they get planted with what ever I have or can buy that goes together. Some work, some don't, but as I love having tons of containers filled with color even those that aren't so perfect just become part of the chorus and blend with the rest or I move them to some spot where they look better.

But Jo Ann has some of the best containers that I have seen on DG so I think her ideas will be the best too. Patti

Obviously, the problem arises when you cannot match both.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I think the cobalt blue are classics, they go with everything

I love the cobalt too.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

It shows off many colors very nicely.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I have to match the house, then the plants need to compliment the container, I'll take a pic of the containers I just did, tomorrow

So you pick plants to match the pots?!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yes

Kids to match their clothes? ;)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

but of course

my hangers match my clothes

That's backwards! Clothes should be bought to match the hangers.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

well if you have any empty hangers you need more clothes

Don't tell my wife!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

hee hee, oh btw what's her cell #?

Norwich, CT(Zone 6a)

Victor, you make me laugh!!!

Glad to help, Rose! ^_^

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Holicow.
This sounds like a science.My planters were bought 10 years ago for the driveway of my old house because they were cheap and classic.
I joined my daughter, and hers were probably bought the same way.
OUR combined planters on the deck of the new house are eclectic to say the least.
I pretty much do what patti does as far as plants except I controle the major number and overall "look" by ordering choices from RD after a winter of plans.
The plants are combined for themselves. and because the planters dont stand out much , the plants are what are most visible.
I dont consult with DD as to which colors she is going to buy for her planters because she likes geraniums and petunias and all manner of flowers so I stick to colored leaves. Thats how the rail pot is white petunias and red geraniums and my pots in the area are deep subtle colors, a cacafiny( sp) of color.
We live together and there are areas where I just dont interfere.
Garden is a pleasure for both of us with different results which work when viewed overall.

I also love the cobalt pots but there is no place to store them over winter.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, matching the pots with you eye color is always a safe bet. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

LOL

Hard to find pots in Bloodshot!

Thomaston, CT

I buy pots for their color & form....my fav is cobalt...that said, this year I was too lazy to plant any pots, but I'm thinking about some annuals because the perennials will be gone quickly this year....

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

DH and I weeded this am, before it got too hot.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.