-
AuthorContent
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 17, 2012
3:10 AM

Post #9168350

I am downsizing my garden beds as I can't take care of all of them. This is the overflow or annex garden's offerings I'll be posting different varieties as they bloom. I'll trade for other Japanese or Siberian irises. Please dmail me if interested. As far as I know this is an unregistered iris.

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 17, 2012
12:22 PM

Post #9168853

Mittsy, I have named Siberian iris that I could trade you for some of your Jap. iris. How big a clump are you talking for a trade?
Right now I am digging out a hugh clump that is growing too close to one of my N.Z. delphiniums. It grows, but my delph. is slowing dieing from not having enough space to grow. Got half of it dug out this morning and this old woman pooped out, but will ask one of my sons that is coming this afternoon to finish it.

I am supposed to down size also according to my husband and son, but told them when I go over the hill to the cemetery is when I will quit. I have found a young girl who is helping me. She is a grand daughter of one of my best friends. Didn't know much, but sure did listen to me about what was weeds etc.

Thanks for answering my inquiry.

Maxine

You can check on what people have written about me and my trades, if you wish.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 18, 2012
2:54 AM

Post #9169587

I have dmailed you Maxine. Please send me a list of available Siberians.
Mittsy
Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 18, 2012
4:36 AM

Post #9169640

Ok, but don't expect it quick like. We are in the midst of rain and humidity and I can't work out side in the humidity as then my asthma kicks in. Need to finish digging out a Sib. iris that is crowding out one of my special delph's . What a tangled mess of roots. That will teach me to transplant a lot sooner than what I have been doing. Now if my health will cooperate?

Max
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 18, 2012
12:31 PM

Post #9170222

Maxine, Take your time.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 24, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9178941

A few more bloomed from the annex garden. Pink, red purple, lilac. Might also have enough white to divide.

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 25, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9179779

Mittsy I might be interested if you have aything left? I will also need to check and see how my iris are doing because we have been horrible hot and dry. I have sky wing and at least one other variety that right now I can't remember the name.
Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 25, 2012
8:49 AM

Post #9179957

1-Imperial Opal very small start
2-Teal Wood
3-Four Fold White
4-Frosty Rim
5-Roaring Jelly
6-Gulls Wings
7-Sparkling Rose
8-Carnation Anthem
9-Dutch Sib.
10-White Prelude
11-Misty Rim
12-Sultans Ruby
13-Orville Faye
14-Ringo
15-Twanda Red Flare
16-Royal Bohrer
17-Over In Gloryland
18-Lady Vanessa
19-Shakers Prayer
20-Hara Ugada
21-Heliotrope

This concludes what I have named, have lost tags on some so did not include those.

Again , my apologies for not getting back to you. I don't have a lap top or any ones computer to use.

Maxine
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 25, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9180603

Maxine

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 25, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9180614

Maxine, both of these and the white if you want to expand the trade to 8.

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy

Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

June 26, 2012
3:28 PM

Post #9182393

This is what I choose from your pics.

1-Pink Frost
2-Sakurajishi
3-Greywoods persian dusk
4-Hegira multi streaked lavender
5-Anytus
6-Pseudocarus [ is this one that you raised from seed from a cross?]

Would like the white one also. Which extra of the Siberian did you wish?
When do you wish to send plants out?
I would like to wait until the first week of Aug. as we are so dry and I have already lost 6 that I had just planted a couple of months ago.

I see a mention that you quilt? I do also. Just brought home 2 wall quilts today from the lady who quilts for me. Now to get the binding on and hemmed up!
I possible should be cutting back also as I turn 78 in a month and have extreme health problems.

Maxine Thanks for being so patient with me.
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

June 26, 2012
3:56 PM

Post #9182441

Maxine, I am so sorry but you are looking on the Japanese Iris bloom thread and not on the trade thread. Not all of the ones you choose are available for trade. I am trying to reduce my overflow garden not my garden between the walkway and the pond. I'll look tomorrow and see what I could include from your list. I do know Anytus and Sakurajishi are not ready for dividing. Pink Frost is ok and I'll check on the others. You like my little yellow strange cross? I thought that was one only a mother could love. I do have extras of it.

When we started going to FL for the winter, I started a snowbird quilting group teaching basic sewing/quilting skills. That was 16 years ago, we have made charity and raffle quilts for many, many organizations. We make about 60 to 90 baby quilts a year that are donated to the neo natal unit of a local hospital. We are now in the process of making 640 quilted placemats for Meals on Wheels. We've delivered 250 and have another hundred ready to go when we return in the fall. You might enjoy the Threads I've posted our pictures on.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1149567/

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012 7:03 PM
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

July 1, 2012
12:15 PM

Post #9188822

I'm adding Darling and Yellow Flag to the available list. I have one trade of Cascade Crest

Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy   Thumbnail by mittsy

Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

July 1, 2012
2:01 PM

Post #9188905

I have yellow flag by pond, so won't need any of that.
Would like the "Darling" and "Cacade Crest".

Take off no. 6 in my previous list. So there fore I owe you another Sib. iris.
You will have to renew my memory as to which Siberian iris you wished.

Hot and humid here today. Worked out side pulling weeds from 7:30am to 9am. I can't tolerate the heat this yr.
Sprinkler is going now. Might get over the largest flower bed with this last setting.

Maxine
mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

July 1, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9188941

I'm also adding a few trades of my strange little cross.

Thumbnail by mittsy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #9189728

Maxine, Here is my list
Fourfold White
Roaring Jelly
Gull's Wing
Coronation Anthem
White Prelude
Sultan's Ruby
Over in Gloryland
Heliotrope Bouquet
Lady Vanessa

Here is what you will be getting if you agree.
1 Noid from boojum
2 Cascade Crest
3 Cry of rejoice
4 Darling
5 First Act

This message was edited Jul 2, 2012 10:15 AM

mittsy
Cocoa Beach, FL
(Zone 11)

July 2, 2012
7:12 AM

Post #9189729

6-10
6 Fortune
7 Not Wizard Ocean
8 Pink Frost
9 Not Pleasant Journey
10 my yellow cross

This message was edited Jul 2, 2012 10:17 AM

Maxine
Western, WI
(Zone 4a)

July 2, 2012
8:46 AM

Post #9189846

Mittsy, sounds good. Please don't ask for me to dig the Sib. iris now as it is 94 out and it is not even 11am central time. Our humidity is over 70%.

I am watering another flower bed as it is so dry. Almost expire from going out side to change postion of sprinkler in flower beds.
I should be going to the garden to check on what to bring in, but just can't seem to force myself to go out!!
Must be getting to be a pansy. LOL LOL

Maxine

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plant Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
have colts foot and a goldenseal bloomingidiot 5 May 29, 2009 7:56 PM
Crocosmia Zanymuse 17 Oct 25, 2007 1:37 AM
CLOSED: Yucca? Melissa_Ohio 8 Apr 6, 2008 3:43 PM
hardy glad bulbs and small yucca plants catbirdsue 8 Apr 5, 2008 11:40 PM
Wanted : Tri color Strawberry Begonia,Blue Sky Flower MsCritterkeeper 18 Feb 23, 2009 11:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America