Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Freezing peppers for canning?

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

My habanero plants are growing like crazy this year & I have more than I can use at one time. I usually make the big-batch Habanero Gold pepper jelly with them, but right now, I simply have more than I can process.

Do you think I can chop them and then freeze for later use? Or can I even freeze them whole? I'm a little worried about how the texture would be & if they'd be too watery.

What do you think?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Peppers freeze, but don't do em whole- you see bags of diced bells in grocery freezers all the time, when I do have a garden - I pick what I have for the day and add em to an ongoing bag til the bag has enough to suit me, then I also date first peppers to last peppers I added to the bag- usually takes me a week to fill my freezer bag...

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the info. I've been running the peppers through the food processor & sealing them in bags in the quantity I need to make a batch of jelly. That way, I can just pull out the exact amount I need.
Jo-Ann

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.