-
AuthorContent
jkom51
Oakland, CA
(Zone 9b)

June 17, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9169418

"Endless Summer" hasn't been a great performer for me, some of due to just bad luck. I didn't realize that it prefers a little more sun than some of the other hydrangeas - one has to be careful here in CA, a lot of "full sun" plants will burn! I only could find two for sale, and unfortunately one croaked when we were gone on a trip and an unusual heat wave dried out the garden bed it was in.

Still, this one has survived, and done pretty well. With it is a Princess variety white dwarf alstroemeria. I really like this alstroemeria, but unlike a lot of plants, when it says dwarf, it MEANS dwarf. A flower stem is only 8-10" tall. It grows in a neat rounded clump, getting slowly bigger over time, and has beautiful white-edged variegated leaves.

Thumbnail by jkom51
Click the image for an enlarged view.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #9260835

just now seeing your post...so pretty! Both hydrangeas and alstroemerias are personal favorites. I've only tried to grow alstroemerias once though and I didn't have much luck. I've bought them many times for cut flower arrangements and really like the fact that they last so long. It must be nice to grow your own.

Happy Gardening!
Diana

Thumbnail by wind
Click the image for an enlarged view.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #9346924

Endless Summer was one of MANY plants I had to leave behind when I sold our place in Boise Idaho. I am slowly buildimg aain flower garden again in my new home of 3 years.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cottage Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
my garden...ever changing notmartha 109 Jun 19, 2010 3:07 AM
The Evolution of a 1917 Cottage Garden lincolnitess 7 Jun 13, 2008 8:36 PM
June -to the end! notmartha 81 Mar 7, 2008 10:29 AM
i luv this pic notmartha 52 May 2, 2008 3:49 AM
Annuals in the Cottage Garden ladygardener1 68 Jun 6, 2010 1:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America