Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener: ANSWERED: Concerned after repotting.

Communities > Forums > Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener
bookmark
Forum: Ask-a-Dave's-GardenerReplies: 0, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mikeman13
Great Falls, MT

June 17, 2012
8:06 PM

Post #9169445

So, I have a Majesty Palm that a took off my sisters hands because she couldn't seem to keep it alive. All of the plants I own are of the tropical (palm or cactus nature). So after a while of bringing the plant back to health it was having issues with root rot because when my sister planted she just assumed it was like any plant and would be fine in regular soil sitting at the bottom of a planter.

So from there I decided to repot it in the same pot that it was in because it didn't appear to be having issues with size. I put some gravel in the bottom to allow the water to run past that and out the holes and also planted it with "Citrus, Palm, and Cactus" quick draining soil.

And this is where I ran into the issue, now that I've re-potted it the very upper most part of the roots are showing and i'm concerned this will have adverse affects on the plant. Here are a few pictures, let me know what you all think.

I want this plant to continue to grow.

Thanks in advance guys!
Mike!
Answered: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3816/

Thumbnail by mikeman13   Thumbnail by mikeman13
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ask-a-Dave's-Gardener Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ANSWERED: Goblin Blanket Flower uncbba02 1 Aug 2, 2010 5:05 AM
ANSWERED: Morning Glory Removal piakennedy 1 Aug 2, 2010 5:05 AM
ANSWERED: Planting a Caryota Gigas (King Kong Palm) dagasman1 0 Jul 31, 2010 6:21 PM
ANSWERED: sunlight mableruth 1 May 6, 2014 7:47 AM
ANSWERED: Gophers, gophers and more gophers qmischief 0 Aug 7, 2010 4:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America