Photo by Melody

Article: A walk to remember: to the Biberon waterfall: Beautiful!

Communities > Forums > Article: A walk to remember: to the Biberon waterfall
bookmark
Forum: Article: A walk to remember: to the Biberon waterfallReplies: 17, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

June 18, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9169843

What a lovely island you have.

You describe the locale so well, I can see in my mind much of what you pass by.

But, how about the recipe for vanilla tea? It sounds delicious.

~m

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 18, 2012
12:02 PM

Post #9170194

Lovely article, J-J! I, too, can visualize the trip as we trek along with you. What does a strawberry guava taste like (bearing in mind that I have only tasted or smelled artificial guava flavor)? I like the little asides--too early for a swim,and so on!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

June 18, 2012
10:19 PM

Post #9171079

A thoroughly enjoyable walk, Jean-Jacque. I found myself smiling throughout.

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 19, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9171250

Those are delicious comments! I really enjoy seeing that you guys like the writing and the places we visit together! Of course I am a very special guide with uncomparable knowledge and humor...
Strwberry guava does not taste like strawberry nor like guava...it is juicy, both sweet and acid, even described as 'sub-acidulous and aromatic' in one of the books I have here, but you have to come and taste the fruits here.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 20, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #9173137

Don't tempt me further, Jean-Jacques, or my Christmas present, birthday present and anniversary present and, um, well maybe if I save all those up for the next 5 years I will be able to come visit. Sub-acidulous and aromatic, hunh? Like a pineapple? I remember my first taste of fresh pineapple--I was 4. It was unforgettable!

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 21, 2012
5:13 AM

Post #9173934

Ah well, I am a great tempter! Now there is a thing we can do, I can send you fresh strawberry-guava seeds, you grow them and get fruits within three or four years, they shold grow ok in Texas if not too dry a location.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 21, 2012
8:25 AM

Post #9174197

Three or four YEARS! J-J, I will be back in Massachusetts in 3-4 years. I will just salivate from a distance...a long distance!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 21, 2012
3:52 PM

Post #9174837

The strawberry guava was the answer to a trivia game I was playing today--if only I had remembered that it originated in Brazil.

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 21, 2012
10:23 PM

Post #9175320

Well then, you can start the seeds in Texas, grow the plants in containers and bring them over to Massachusetts, some of my customers in France get fruits in container grown Psidium. Is Massachusetts your home state? Sounds like winter there is deadly!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 22, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9176275

Don't even ask, J-J, stay where you are and think about Reunion and so forth, don't worry your pretty little head about TX vs. MA! That's all I think or talk about these days, and there's not that much to say about it.

Winter in the Northeast of North America is deadly, by which I mean Canada, New England, the whole top right corner. And the whole top half of for instance Idaho or Montana or Iowa is pretty bad--Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, North and South Dakota--ugh. (Nothing personal to people in those states, I just don't like the cold.)

If I did manage to start a seed in Texas the likelihood is that I would not be able to bring it home to Massachusetts successfully. It's a very long trip. This time we weren't allowed to bring plants with us. Next time we will probably be doing it ourselves which means a slower trip but we can bring what we want but nobody to blame but ourselves.

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 23, 2012
3:44 AM

Post #9176849

I see...cold is something I hate myself, I have been living on tropical Reunion for 20 years and went back to France in winter just once, then said 'never again'...of course cold weather can have its charm, snow is beautiful etc, but not for me!
Yes, I forgot about the no-no plant transfer between some states.
Well no choice for you then, you WILL have to come over here!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 24, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #9178233

I'll tell my husband he needs to put in for a one month vacation! (Our vacations are usually 72 hours maximum.) Hahahahaha. No chance. We would have to get off the plane when we were half-way there and start the return trip!

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 26, 2012
9:25 PM

Post #9182876

72 hours maximum! What kind of a job is this? I though slavery had been abolished in the US...

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 27, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #9183132

Ha ha ha. He works for an airline--management. It's always his fault if anything goes wrong. I'm just being whiny; we took a lovely 2 week drive across Spain a few years ago!

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 28, 2012
11:59 PM

Post #9185703

I see, indeed he must carry a heavy burden! Spain is a great country, I used to go quite often when living in France, did you have a chance to visit Andalucia and the marvelous gardens in Sevilla, Toledo and the like?

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 29, 2012
6:53 AM

Post #9185930

We just drove along the Mediterranean and took blurry pictures of each other. We didn't go to a single museum or do anything we should have! We ate and slept.

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

June 29, 2012
10:06 PM

Post #9187064

If you drove along the Mediterranean you went through Cadaques and you missed Dali's work, what a pity! Of course one can live without Dali but not without food nor sleep so you made the wise choice...

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

June 30, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #9187377

You see my point exactly! And I can live quite well without Dali.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A walk to remember: to the Biberon waterfall Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lovely Stroll! luv2wok 1 Jun 19, 2012 5:32 AM
Feel like I almost got my feet muddy and carolcooper54 1 Jun 19, 2012 8:56 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America