DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1260042/

Som great shots at the end of the last thread, so be sure to check them out!

Meanwhile. Pretty quiet here except for the regulars. Here is bath time at the stream.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

I really enjoyed all the photos on that last thread.

Thanks for the great new start Mrs. Ed. Your cardinal looks so pretty with the water.

Here's a couple of the hooded orioles, an osprey and a tree swallow.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Mount Pleasant Mills, PA(Zone 5a)

Love the Cardinal Mrs. Ed.

Those orioles sure are beautiful Duc. The Osprey is fantastic, love the eye. The Swallow looks like it just had a bath? Neat.

Marlton, NJ

Great start Mrs Ed! Love the Cardinal!

Wonderful shots duc!

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks Mrs-Ed, for the new thread. Your Cardinal shot is really nice. It looks so natural there, at the pond.
Duc amazing birds you have.
Teddy nice to see the hummingbird is used to you and relax enough, to perch for a sip.
Chilly the Cliff Swallows here, have decline to make a nest on the neighbor's house this year. The owners have made renovation to their house, and it didn't suit the Swallows taste. :D

This Hairy WP has been kept busy, feeding two fledged.
So has the Robin, it's hunting down large juicy worm.
A Chipping Sparrow going for a drink.
The Yellow Warbler, on the other hand, wanted a bath.

Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007 Thumbnail by burn_2007
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Burn great catches on your birds. That yellow warbler sure is a pretty one.

Yesterday was full of excitement here. Two red-tailed hawks went after a bald eagle and the battle was on. The birds weren't as close as I'd have liked, but the hawks actually forced the eagle to turn upside down several times in flight. As I'm typing this, a hawk is again diving at an eagle sitting in a tree below our home. I'm guessing that either the eagle has robbed the hawks' nest or the eagle has a fish and the hawk wants some of it.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Sorry about doubling that last photo. I meant to show you the eagle flying by me after the battle.

Thumbnail by ducbucln

Great pictures Burn and Duc. The Eagle looks as though it is saying "there, that settles that". LOL

Marlton, NJ

Great action catches duc!

Burn, Love that Yellow Warbler!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Wow, wow, Duc those action shots of the Eagle and Hawk are breath-taking!!! Great pics. Nice collection there Burn, and Mrs. Ed, thank you for a nice start to a new thread!

PERTH, Australia

Nice start, Mrs Ed.

Beautiful birds, Burn. The yellow warblers are such pretty birds.

Amazing actions shoots of the eagle and the hawk, duc.

Not much here. We are actually having a winter this year. A few shots from a few days ago. First, hundreds of what I think are grey teal at a large wetland in Perth's southern zone, then a black-fronted dotterel and finally pied cormorants at the ocean.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK

Nice shots Margaret.

Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks everyone.
Great catch on the Hawk and Eagle, Duc.
Margaret, your Dottorel is so sweet, and love the gathering of the Cormorants.

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Margaret, love that love that bit of color on the cormorants-as always, loved all your photos.

Here's a bushtit, a house finch, a crow chasing off an osprey, and a brown pelican.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Margaret, Love those Cormorants and Dotterel! Your birds have such great eyes and patches!

Wonderful shots duc!

PERTH, Australia

Thanks for your comments, due, Pelle, GG and Burn.

Our local lake finally has some water in it, after being dry for several months. With the water, comes the waterbirds. No photos, but for the first time ever, there were red-necked avocets down there. Here's a shot of some Pacific black ducks in flight, a pink-eared duck and a willie wagtail.

Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK Thumbnail by MargaretK

oooo!!! Finally a chance for some pink-eared duck baby photos.

Neat pink-eared duck. I like the WW's, mainly because of the way the act. LOL

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pics. everyone. I especially enjoying Margaret's many birds that I don't get to see here. I like those WWs too GG.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Wow...duc amazing shots there!!

Nice as always Margaret....I love those pink eared ducks too!

I know they are not favorites ...but I was amazed how tame and close these starling would come to us at this outside McDonalds at the National Mall! I did NO cropping on these they were close enough to touch!

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56
Marlton, NJ

Love those ducks Margaret!

Neat experience nanny!

Wow Nanny, love those shots of the Starlings. As you noticed, my family is clearing out the old nest and getting ready for another family of suet and insect eaters. LOL

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Margaret, love your photos, especially that pink-eared duck.

Nanny, it's wonderful to be able to get so close to the birds. Love your photos.

We had just two minutes of our first rain in ages and every one of my hummingbirds took full advantage. Here's one looking so happy.
The other two are of an oak titmouse after a shower in the fountain. I liked the "taking a bow" pose.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln

Wonderful shots Duc. That oak titmouse bowing is my favorite. LOL Those little birds are so darned cute.

Marlton, NJ

Oh duc those are incredible shots!!!!!

Both birds are adorable!

Lakeview, OH

here is a better picture of the male hummingbird, he is beautiful, although all of them are.

Thumbnail by teddy_8905

A Red-Eyed Vireo stopped by for a bath. It was pretty funny. It would swoop down into the water, at least I think that's what it was doing. It was out of my sight. But anyway, haven't seen one of these since 2009, so was happy to have him/her.

Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed Thumbnail by Mrs_Ed
Marlton, NJ

Very cool Mrs Ed!!

Nice one Teddy!

Rock Pigeon in Washington DC......

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56

Pretty pigeon, Nanny.

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Sweet shots everyone - duc, nanny, Mrs.Ed, Margaret, burn, teddy,

The wife and I went up to Pigeon Forge, TN and I saw this mama mallard and her 6 babes in Little Pigeon River. Dad was a little ways away.

I forgot to take my main camera, so used the wife's Nikon P5100 point and shot.

She bought herself her first guitar, a Taylor DSmini - she was like a kid at Chirstmas. She also got a "chord-buddy" and she and I stayed up to 2:30 last night picking. Ha, now her fingers are sore.

Hack

This message was edited Jun 25, 2012 8:47 PM

Thumbnail by TheHackster

Oh, I forgot to say Welcome Back Hack!

Mcallen, TX

A family of Chachalacas beds down next to a young Turks Cap in our back yard. A baby Chachalaca is nearby, bedded down in the shade. We've lived here going on 40 years and we've always had these "jurassic" looking birds in the neighborhood. This area is called "old" McAllen. There is alot of established, lush vegetation, unlike the newer subdivisions. We once entertained the idea of buying a new home in a new part of town, but when we saw the starkness, the bareness of it all, we decided to stay in our home that was built in the 40's. We're staying. We've never lived anywhere else since married.

Thumbnail by Fauther Thumbnail by Fauther

So fluffy!

Kelseyville, CA(Zone 8b)

Teddy, that's a really cute photo of your little hummer.

Mrs. Ed, glad that vireo has returned-great photos.

Nanny, nice shots of the pigeon. Love their colors.

Hack, glad you can find birds/waterfowl wherever you go. Sounds like you and your wife make great music together.

Fauther, cute photos of your chachalacas. Glad to hear you've found the best place to live-it sounds wonderful.

Here's a mourning dove, the waiting line of orioles-I was refilling their feeder and the rest younger orioles that entertain me daily.

Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln Thumbnail by ducbucln
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Fauther, I've never seen a Chachalaca (not even sure I can pronounce it) before. Unusual looking little fella. I was wondering how far you are from Austin, my son lives there.

Thanks for the welcome back Mrs_Ed.

duc, I'm envious of your orioles. My wife has a whole new interest in music. With her chord-buddy attached, all she is doing right now is learning various strumming methods - but, the big thing is that she in making music and doing real good, too.

Hack

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012 4:43 PM

Mcallen, TX

Hackster, McAllen is way down south, about 10 miles from the border of Mexico. These birds don't range very far from here.

Marlton, NJ

Love those Chachalaca Fauther!

Beautiful pics duc!

Chachalaca is a new for me too...very cool!

Well, the Baltimore Orioles fledged while we were gone so now there are lots of hungry mouths to be feed...tho most are feeding on their own already!

We have bee having Rose-breasted Grosbeaks visit from time to time this summer!! This morning these 2 males were out on the platform!

Last is male Pileated Woodpecker. We have not seen any juvies this year. But we have more juvie Red-bellied Woodpeckers this week. I wonder if they have done a second nesting??????

Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56 Thumbnail by nanny_56
Mcallen, TX

Burn...love your pictures. Question: Whats in the feeder that the Hairy WP is at?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.