DJ'S JULY 2012 RED WHITE & BLUE PLANT SWAP

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

we came from here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1257659/

WITH A TWIST HERE IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO FOR JULY'S PLANT SWAP

AS YOU ALL KNOW IT GETS VERY VERY HOT REALLY TO GET INTO THE GARDEN FOR ANY LONG PERIOD OF TIME
SO LETS DO A SIMPLE BUT PATRIOTIC BOX BUT THIS TIME YOU ALL WILL NOT KNOW WHO YOUR PARTNER IS UNLESS YOUR MAKING OTHER SWAP ARRANGEMENTS ALSO . BUT I WON'T POST THEM ON HERE .

RED WHITE BLUE PLANTS ONE OF EACH ---MINIMUM , MAYBE WITH A PATRIOTIC NAME ???

IF YOU WANT TO SEND MORE PLANTS THAT IS YOUR CHOICE BUT
IS NOT REQUESTED .

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND A SPECIAL LITTLE RED WHITE BLUE TRINKETS THAT IS OK.IF YOUR CRAFTY & CAN MAKE THINGS RED WHITE BLUE THAT WOULD BE WAY COOL .

JUST GET CREATIVE :))))) I'M HOPING JULY WILL BE A BETTER MONTH FOR ME AROUND HERE :) TO KEEP BETTER TRACK . OF YOU ALL HEHE

SO COME ON HAVE A FUN TIME,
YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR BOX :)
HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US .

THINK RED WHITE & BLUE THE AMERICAN WAY :)))))) & REMEMBER THIS WILL BE A SECRET SWAP .

PASS SWAPS

SPRING 2012 PLANT SWAP " WISH LIST"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243397/

APRIL SWAP : CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1248330/

MAY SWAP:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1255653/#new

JULY PLANT SWAP OPEN FOR SIGN UP HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1265705/

This message was edited Jun 23, 2012 6:34 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

PLAYERS

WWKATHY----DEEJAY9
FRAUSNOW
CHEERMOM/SUEG
FOTV/SUSAN

This message was edited Jun 18, 2012 8:58 PM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

MEEE!!! I can do 1+ the swap I have with you susie.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Winterville, GA(Zone 7b)

OK, put me on the list for 1 swap.

WELCOME FRAUSNOW / DO YOU HAVE A GIVEN DANE OR NICK NAME WE ADDRESSES YOU BY ??? MINE IS SUSIE

Kathy , that will be great love your dianthus I Have those also or are they the zing you sent me last :) ?? forgive the memory i have none .
coffees ready back later going to take daddy out on the deck for awhile .

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Count me in for July!

CheerMom
(Sue G)

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Did you make that cute Patriotic girl, Susie?

frausnow, glad to met you. My name is Susan, but a lot of people call me by my nickname, Fruity. You'll enjoy participating in the monthly plant swaps and others too. Gotta warn you, they can be addicting but are so much fun! They're a great way to make friends and enhance your gardens. What are your growing conditions? Do you have sun, part sun, shade?

Well, I said July would be too hot to mail plants, but will sign up for one box and mail when it's coolish for me and my Secret Pal. Right now I don't have any other public plant trades going on. Are we shooting for a certain mail out date?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

EVENING FRUITY No found found a great sale a few days ago :) & See Just Happened to Jump right into my Basket :))) & said take me home with you :)))) .

Yes july is a very hot time around here also this is why I Just said 3 nice plants would be good . less time to dig :))) .
well off to get some sleep so that I can get up early.
gn all.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Okay, okay, I give. Sign me up...(shaking my head)
But the flower marts have 50% off right now and I will be going for work this week anyway so I can pick up for a trade and myself at the same time :) Right? LOL!

Frausnow, I am Stephanie. Welcome aboard.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm just going to lurk in July. Hope you don't mind - Good morning everyone! Going to be pushing 90 here today so I thought I'd get up and out and water early.

A.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Nothing but 90's for the foreseeable future. I am going to hold off another month or so. Have fun!
Alana

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Ive heard 96, Ive heard 88 - had a big storm roll through this morning, we lost a 40' poplar tree out front at 4 am. DH had to drag it out of the way in order to get out of the driveway and make it passable. So who knows with the temp. 70% humidity though - that hasnt changed.
Ugh - another project tonight...good thing we have 2 fire pits and 2 fire places...

AMANDA & ALANA Good to have you LURKING Anyway:) If ya change your mind I Have room on my SCRATCH PAD FOR YA :))
Ya all have til JULY 1st to decide & MAIL OUT IS JULY 28th & It Is Just 3 NICE LITTLE OLE plants An early Morning dig Or a Late evening Dig :) Or do like MINNE & Check out a couple sales :))))

Very Hot out there this morning already so going to stay in the rest of the day daddy is napping No sleep last night for him i dosed in the chair
so now margaret is in with him . so i can relax have to go into town sometime today .

Minn guess Mother natures Provides in many ways :))) now you won;t have to go far to cut your wood :)

washing IRISES Today so ya all have a great day back later

Winterville, GA(Zone 7b)

@ Susie - FrauSnow or JoAnn is fine.
@ Fruity - I have a small bit of shade in front of the house and a small shade garden at the back of the yard, but mostly I have lots and lots of sun. Soil condition...dry red clay! I have to amend the soil wherever I plan to plant something. We have almost 2 acres of flat yard that I have been trying to plant with trees and shrubs. You can check out what already have on my tradelist. The only plants that were here when we moved in 5 years ago was the Red Maple tree, Balloon Flowers, Gardenia, White Dogwood, Bradford Pears, Holly bushes, and 2 Crepe Myrtles. Everything else on the list is what we have added to the mix. I'm looking forward to adding a few more through this swap. :-)

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I dont miss that soil JoAnn. I lived in MS for 3 years. I love my "gold" here in MN.

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

HI all! I won't participate but I would like ot lurk if it's okay??? We are not gettting any rain. I just dont know how much watering I will be able to do to help new plants adjust. I just got my first water bill...ugh!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I will send everyone water :) I can color it red and blue with food coloring too ;)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

HI Everyone!
I'm in this month....hot here this week....we might break 100 -- a record as far as I know....I've never seen it 100 in NH in June before! YIKES!
Nice to meet you JoAnn....I'm Candi or Ali for short!
Susie - so you assign us a partner....how do we get their address if we don't Dmail them? Inquiring minds want to know...! Or at least my tired mind needs to know cuz I can't figure it out!
This swap will give me a reason to look for specific colored flowers now when I'm out hunting bargains!

Happy Resting tonight everyone!
zzzzzzz for me!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I'm in Susie. Sounds fun.

(Judy) Simpsonville, SC(Zone 8a)

Love these swaps! After joining in Feb and doing a swap a month since march I've added so many plants to my gardens, and somewhere out there many of my plants are thriving all ove the country. But with July being so hot and DH's uncertain job situation I'm going to be a lurked this month. Frausnow, you will love this! And in the winter I look forward to lots of seed swapping. Great group, I love my minutes with my iPad reading al your comments.

GM All Been Out Working on my RED

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I have the prettiest blue blooming this morning. Salvia patens 'Blue Angel' from a DG friend last year. :)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/113774/

She's not ready for divvying up anyway, but I WOULD be able to play if I weren't lurking.

Sure is pretty Amanda

are u kidding me ????? WORKING ON MY RED WHERE THE HECK DID THE OTHER 3-4 sentence GO DUH!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess the heat got to me . off to fix lunch :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

I was wondering about that sentence Susie....working on red....thought maybe you were planting a patch of just red flowers.....I am so NOT that organized! I do have a garden with lots of yellow in it and it's annoying me that it's so yellow! The spring flowers are pink and purple....but now all yellow....loosestrife & coreopsis and some black eyed susans are popping up!

It was so HOT here today....98 or more! Today was our big promotion ceremony at school....so mix 400 parents into a gym with 100 students.....and add some 98 degree heat....mix....I think I lost 10 pounds!

yes guess i spaced out NO Red Roll of Plants :) got to go play in the dirt while it is cool.
have a great day

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Yup will have to buy a red plant for my partner.... that seems to be one color I''m short on, lol.....SHOPPING< yeah!!!!

Whoever gets my name...please send a blue-red, thanks. (If possible)

Welcome frausnow (does that translate into Ladysnow?), lol, welcome to the group, we maybe slowing down a bit now but wait til later!!!!!! You'll have to fill out your want and have list in the Group trades list. That way we can get a few ideas of what you might like to get...... or not.

minni.....yes..here here on that extra rain. Please!!!!

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

OOOOOH Kathy....nice red/white/blue......I only have blue flowers....does deep pink count as RED? I'll be purchasing a few colors!

oooh yes so very pretty Kathy i just got home from Bingo HOT Night for my friend & I :)))) We Both Won BIG Time :)
What is the Tall Green plant. Kathy ?

Well i have to go sit with daddy for the next 4 hr then Jim will take over so good night all back in the morning

Is that the helicopter plant? Beautiful arrangement Kathy!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Isn't it stunning! Kathy shared a start of her plant with me in May. It's a Cyperus: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2532/

LOL Candi. Pink reminds me of Spring. Red reminds me of HOT Summer. Can't stand to be outside more than a few minutes now or I'm reduced to a wet noodle. Is Purple the new Blue?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

that is so very pretty it must be a House plant 4 us :) right kathy ???
fruity is that one of your roses . ?
was up till 5am so off to rest a bit , We may have a NEW Comer Joining us soon another Michigander:)
WELCOME ALICIA JUST FEEL FREE TO TELL THE GROUP ABOUT THE TYPE OF PLANTS YOUR LOOKING FOR GREAT GALS HERE CAN KEEP YOU INFORMED TILL I GET BACK ON .
BACK LATER
ahoogstra /Alicia
Cutlerville, MI

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Ya thanks friuty, lol, I just ran outside to get the tag and then scrolled down to see you answered the question, egads>
That plant is suppose to be hardy, so this fall I will dig and put in the ground til next year and then recontainer it with some annuals. That planter is one of two that I got for my daughter that weekend I helped out at that greenhouse. It's a stunner.... And just to let ya all know, many purples are considered BLUE in the plant world.......anyway we can fudge on the pink and purple, can't we? LOL.

pix Knautia masedonica
pix Peony Duchess de Nemours
pix Campanula persicifolia

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Not a helicopter but an 'umbrella' plant. LoL Very pretty

Fruit, love that arrngement with the umbrella, ee and ipomea, very creative.

Kathy, gorgeous peony! Love it!

I have a question: I have never owned any poppy plants. I have planted seeds two years. Each year, I end up with tiny little plants, maybe 6 inches tall with tiny blooms. Aren't poppies usually 3 - 4 ft tall? I have tried the Oriental poppy and the peony poppy both have lt me down. Anyone ever have that problem?

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Anita - mine never even sprout - I walked down by where we lost the tree the other day and low and behold - one single, solitary poppy - standing so very tall and proud smiling its red face up at the sun.
Camera battery was dead - I will take a pic tonight.

SOMETIMES IT TAKES A YEAR OR SO FOR THEM TO REALLY GET STARTED LIKE SOME OTHER PLANTS .
well off to Meet with the GALS We are going to a SPECIAL BINGO Tonight seems good to get out with them got 2 hour rest today :) so back in the morning . all

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

DEEJAY - hope you win at bingo!

Poppies -- I have orange oriental poppies and sometimes they seem to do well and some years I only get one or two blooms! AND some years a few just DIE....no reason I can see.....they seem temperamental to me! I usually cut off the pods so the plant can concentrate on getting bigger rather than seed making....it hasn't made a difference! So this year....I'm letting them all seed....we'll see if I get any babies!

Purple is the new Blue......yahoo! Red....hmmmm...I've got nothing true red....(I'll have to check the bee balm....) but now that I see that beautiful RED ROSE....I'm realizing I am lacking in the red flower plant dept! Gotta go shopping! I've got plenty of yellow -- can yellow be the new white? heehee

Goodnight!

GM all Fun at Bingo No HUGE win but then I Won My money back as did my friend :) So we have enough to go Next week :)

ALI : I Will Have PINK RED & LAVENDER Poppies I Call them My POM POM Poppies will share with ya if you like .
since we share another special interest :)

well i'm going to go into town I need to pick up a few items so i can get back here & Get into the gardens Much cooler this weekend :)

back later

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I played bingo last night at the carnival. Won my first game right when we st down and one more. $5.00 total. Had a good time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.