Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Lilies: Let the Trumpets Begin!

Communities > Forums > Lilies
bookmark
Forum: LiliesReplies: 2, Views: 93
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

LeawoodGardener

LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS
(Zone 5b)

June 18, 2012
6:36 PM

Post #9170758

The Trumpet Lilies are a favorite of mine - I love the fragrance, the stature and the endurance of Aurelian varieties. About eight days ago, the yellow trumpets started to bloom and they're still putting on a show. Today the Regale Album (while) lilies started to open. It smells heavenly in the garden in the evening.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener   Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener   Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener   Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Click an image for an enlarged view.

cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

June 19, 2012
9:13 PM

Post #9172338

Leawood, I keep a close eye because we are plagued with the red lily beetle. I think they destroyed this lily last year so I had forgotten there were trumpets in this bed. Not only that, I was really surprised to see a white bloom as I watched the buds get pinker and darker with each day. That's a bit of trellis you see..

As it grew the leaves looked like whiskers.

Thumbnail by cathy166   Thumbnail by cathy166
Click an image for an enlarged view.

cathy166
Stamford, CT
(Zone 6b)

June 20, 2012
10:12 PM

Post #9173753

I went outside today to take a sniff, and the scent was amazing!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Lilies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
lilium White Henryi lincolnitess 55 Jan 1, 2008 4:30 PM
The sickness continues... ivory 268 Oct 23, 2007 9:34 PM
Lily Germination Leftwood 8 Apr 21, 2007 7:20 PM
Fasciated Lilys menkids 108 Dec 6, 2007 2:20 PM
my Lilium seeds germinated bloomoon 10 May 8, 2008 3:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America