Photo by Melody

Article: Boxwood Blight Invades U.S.: Wow this is what happened to mine

Communities > Forums > Article: Boxwood Blight Invades U.S.
bookmark
Forum: Article: Boxwood Blight Invades U.S.Replies: 1, Views: 3
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lizzytish58
Lakeville, MA

June 19, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #9171346

Thank you for this article, I have had 4 boxwoods planted at my front door for over 12 years. Very easy to take care of, but this year, I went out, removed all the leaves and noticed that they had all fallen forward. We had the mildest dryest winter I can recall. One of them was completely dead, all leaves dead and it appears the others are going that way also. I planted them so as to make a wall, they grow so slow, its been working, until now. So will I need to dig all of them up to protect the lilac, and japanese maple that surrounds it. What a horrible disease, truly, boxwoods are great for people who have no special skill for gardening. Truly sad an entire species of plant could be killed. Please keep us updated

paulgrow

paulgrow
Allen Park, MI
(Zone 6a)

June 19, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #9171540

I would dig one of the diseased one and take it to your extension office to confirm that it is B.B.

If so dig and dispose all of the boxwoods. At this time I'm not sure if ti affects other plants, there's been no indication that it does.

Paul

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Boxwood Blight Invades U.S. Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Say it a'int soooooo!!!! Liquidambar2 5 Jun 21, 2012 8:19 PM
Is this airborne? Liquidambar2 1 Jun 15, 2012 6:20 AM
Horticulturalists that diagnosed blight RichLear 2 Aug 9, 2012 8:26 AM
Blights, Fungi and Invasive Species NordicFletch 0 Jun 18, 2012 10:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America