Maytag side-by-side refrig. compt. is not cold

Mathis, TX

Its a large Maytag Plus side-by-side refrigerator, perhaps 5 years old, with ice and water in door. Actually it has two problems. First, its been slowly getting warmer in the fridge compt. but is still VERY cold in the freezer. Fridge compt only cools to about 68 deg. F. So it is unuseable. There are two temp controls at top (on "roof") of fridge compt. Even after raising the freezer control lever/setting (to warmer), I still cannot get fridge compt to get any colder even when its' control is set to max cold. I don't know how this blend mechanism works, it must be opening a door to allow more of the cold to be sent into the fridge when set to a colder setting, but that is all I know. Certainly there is not a thing wrong with the compressor. .The other thing is that the ice chute around the flapper door and on up to the exit from the ice bin rapidly ices up, and so no ice can drop out. The spring on the little chute door seems good, so that it OUGHT to seal out humid air, so I don't know what can be done about that. ANy ideas?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.