Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Florida Gardening: Florida Weather

Communities > Forums > Florida Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Florida GardeningReplies: 6, Views: 107
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 20, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #9172830

As the season has started for lively weather I thought it would be a good time to share a U-tube subscription that keeps me somewhat "in the know"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHTYL60j5T8&feature=g-all-u
Levi Cowan is quite smart.
"A tidbit from the tropics by weather enthusiast Levi Cowan. Levi has been tracking tropical systems closely since 2002, and is currently working on his bachelor's degree in physics at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.

Please note that these tidbits do NOT reflect the official forecasts of the National Hurricane Center, and should not be taken as such. While tropical cyclones exist in the Atlantic, official NHC information will be posted on my website. Please refer to those when making decisions, and heed the advisories and evacuation statements of your local National Weather Service Office."
Enjoy,
Sidney

weloveouryard
Jupiter, FL

June 21, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9174098

That was fun to watch :)
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 21, 2012
9:59 AM

Post #9174371

I have a new "up date waiting over in my e-mail." I always make sure I have plenty of time as Levi is very thorough.
I knew about our little brush with the first 2 hurricanes this year a good week ahead.
sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #9178444

Here's another update from about 15 minutes ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f63KezFCMjs&feature=em-uploademail
Levi has a very good source comparison of differing reports and how they affect the storm patterns.
Sidney
ApopkaJohn
Apopka, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 24, 2012
1:20 PM

Post #9178775

This hurricane today has a very large "eye"

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Click the image for an enlarged view.

flaflwrgrl
North Central , FL
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9178970

Love the link Sidney! Thanks much. And glad to hear the good news about your back! Hooray!

Here is another link. This guy is excellent too. He's pretty right on in his predictions. Thinks a lot like Levi. So with both these guys we can have more of a concensus I think. Beats the news all to heck!

http://www.crownweather.com/?page_id=29 This is the home page; then you can click on the Atlantic Tropical Weather Discussion which is where the real meat lays. The link for that is below.

http://www.crownweather.com/?page_id=4557

sugarweed
Jacksonville & Okeec, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #9179096

Ann, yes I strike out to get my balance back.
I like those links too. I like Levi because he tells me how all these things affect the weather.
I usually depended on Weather Underground.
It's a pleasant 75º outside. They predict 82º for tomorrow. We are the coolest place any of my friends. Some of them are baking.
Sidney

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Florida Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Florida Gardening Magazine - does anyone here subscribe? JaxFlaGardener 58 Apr 16, 2013 7:48 PM
Native Plant (wanted) Botanyguy 16 Jun 6, 2008 6:20 PM
Duranta budgielover 26 Jul 21, 2008 10:36 PM
Jeremy's Mystery sugarweed 11 Jun 12, 2011 9:23 PM
Do Tall Bearded Iris grow in Florida? JaxFlaGardener 67 Jun 20, 2008 6:18 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America