Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Gladiolus : Moving

Communities > Forums > Gladiolus
bookmark
Forum: Gladiolus Replies: 3, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

June 22, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #9175804

We are moving to the cooler part of AZ in 2 weeks from SoCal and I was wondering if I can take my Glad bulbs out of the ground now to take with me. They have not bloomed yet.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

June 24, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9179050

Don't know why not. You just won't have flowers. I would leave the green on them at least and stuff them in the ground to feed the corms when you arrive. but even if you only cut them short and bag them up, they should be fine. Can you leave yours in the ground all winter? So you don't normally store them out of the ground?
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

June 24, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #9179098

Annuals live like perennials here in this zone. My petunias bloom the most Fall - Spring. So I left the bulbs in ground, Ditto when I lived in SoCal coast, they would send there runners all over the yard!

Thank you!
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

June 25, 2012
8:00 AM

Post #9179889

Amazing. And wonderful. I have to take up glads (which I am giving up on this year - they simply don't grow for me very well), dahlias and begonias so they won't freeze. Peonies and lilies seem pretty freeze resistant. Good luck. I would just plunk them back in the ground whenever you get to where you are going. Even out of the ground for months won't kill them. Unless they dry up totally, so keep them on the cool side.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Gladiolus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Gladiolus planting CountryGardens 48 Jan 11, 2010 11:27 AM
The Glad show has begun! wallaby1 156 Mar 21, 2007 10:28 PM
Possible plant support coop - perhaps for Glads? 4paws 58 May 30, 2007 7:12 PM
Brent and Becky glads bbrookrd 17 Mar 25, 2007 12:22 PM
Photos of Glads in the house 4paws 23 Apr 14, 2007 12:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America