sick cactus help!!!

Mansfield, TX

This is a cactus I bought in the Phoenix airport about 6 years ago. It was not in great health to begin with but now seems to be declining. Is there anything I can do for it? I hate losing it. Thanks!

Thumbnail by txcactus Thumbnail by txcactus Thumbnail by txcactus Thumbnail by txcactus
Perth, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

Looks in a bad way, you could try cutting the top off and rooting it as a cutting but the rot? seems to have spread too far.

Fountain Hills, AZ(Zone 9b)

There isn't much left to work with. If this ever happens again, cut and root the undamaged top while there is still a substantial section of healthy tissue.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Take a couple of big deep breaths and drop in into the recycle bin. After years of gardening I have no special attachments when it is time to get rid of a plant. I rip it out and it goes into the recycle bin and then I go out and by another 5 or so plants. Xuling

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Yes, that one is a loss. I do hate to lose a plant. But Miles2Go.com has some great cacti to take its place. ;-)

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9a)

I agree. I would start with a fresh plant. You'll feel much better once you recycle it!

Arlington, TX

I am trying to adopt Xuling's attitude but its still painful sometimes to watch a plant decline. It does feel better to get a killer replacement though...
C

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't like it and wish that they would not die on me, and I do everything to save each plant, but when all is lost, I toss it with a little plant prayer. xuling

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.