Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Succulent nest

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Went out to water a few of my potted succulents and found this dove nested in an open spot. She is sitting on an egg. Kind of cool, but could be a problem when I tend to my plants!

Thumbnail by zone10
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Nice. We get a lot of birds visiting for water (esp. this time of year) because I leave a saucer full out on the patio. I can tell they drink from it because I fill it up every couple of days. They have yet to nest in the patio garden, but they leave plenty of droppings about, scatter top dressing everywhere, take dirt baths, generally make themselves at home.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

These doves aren't the brightest bulbs in the avian world! They nest wherever there is space. One dove lost her eggs to predators (probably rats) for the past couple of years, but she continues to nest in the same place.

I know, not a C/S story, but it's the latest news in my succulent garden! ;-)

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

I had scrub jays nest in my back yard and they scared all the little birds away until their babies flew away along with the parents. Now the little birds are back and I am going through the sun flowers chip bags just like usual. Xuling

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.