2012 RED, WHITE & BLUE Patriotic Showcase 3

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Once you receive you patriotic goodies, please post a picture and I'll then put a next to your name.

PARTICIPANTS:
Lizrainey------------------Liz ^_^
BarefootT-----------------Thunder ^_^
Bettypauze---------------Betty ^_^
Seedtosser1-------------Judy
Taters55------------------LK ^_^
Abbisgranma------------Marion ^_^ (WOP)
Synda---------------------Synda ^_^
Samigal------------------Pegi ^_^
Oberon46----------------Mary ^_^
MonkeymomR----------Robyn ^_^
Robynznest-------------Robin ^_^
Fruit of the Vine--------Susan ^_^
Jsxtiger-------------------Jax ^_^
warriorswisdomkathy--Kathy ^_^
Careyana-----------------Carey ^_^
Dahtzu--------------------Faye ^_^
MudElf--------------------Kris ^_^
Jordankittyjo-------------Sis Kathy ^_^
Purpbutfly----------------Cindy ^_^
Crit-------------------------Patti ^_^
Happgarden-------------Joyce ^_^
Heavenscape------------Jaye ^_^

This message was edited Jul 10, 2012 8:14 AM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Betty, in the background of one of your pics, I notice the stork with the RWB tiles is still standing proud.
I recalled Deborah (Cordeledawg) gifting you with that from the 1st RWB swap.
You truly cherish your gifts, don't you?

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Love all those items Betty!

It is not cool here, look at our forecast...

Sun 100 | 81

Mon 109 | 81

Tue 104 | 86

Wed 104 | 81

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Poor you LK! It's gonna be a miserable week for you!

Thunderstorms last night should have assured us of a cooler day today, not so!!
I'll chill indoors with my sewing project for sure!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

LK we are hitting over 100 today with rain showers yesterday so we will feel like we are in NC...rofl. Use to live in NC in another life time, many many moons ago. Awfully early for us to hit those temps.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Joyce, I'm sure you're loving where you're at now!
Where were you in NC? I'm across the S.C. border.

I thought I left the three Hs (heats, humidity and hurricanes) behind in Louisiana when I moved here. Unfortunately, I'm still facing that and throw in tornadoes!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes she did Jaye, it's out along with the metal stars all year round..

Marion's star found a home

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Heavenscape I lived in Goldsboro NC, at Seymore Johnson Air Force Base, first time away from home. We were realitively close to the beach and beautifuly they were. That was another life time ago. I transfered from ATT to Southern Bell telephone....rofl. Back then you had to call the operator for collect phone calls and everyone would laugh at my accent...rofl. Love our country with and it's differences. I am afraid with places like walmart and the on slaught of tv we will lose that differences in accents and food just to name a few things. First time I had ever tried grits or chicken with honey....

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Finally arranged my beauties from Joyce so I could get a good picture. Ended up taking two so you could see everything. Joyce, I don't have a picnic table, but may have to invest in one. Couldn't get DH to picnic at the park! I hope you can see the 3 bells hanging, really love them. Love everything! Thanks so much

We are headed toward those high digit figures for weather, but so far it hasn't been too bad.

Thumbnail by Samigal Thumbnail by Samigal

I may decopague the pretty flag napkins on a flower pot. I use to do that eons ago, would make a beautiful flower pot. Don't know if you can see the crochet srubber, but I'm going to be using it soon. Have a perfect place for the small runner, will fit perfectly on my book case or even on my cedar chest I use for a coffee table. Coffee table sure is a catch all for me, bad habit.

Glad you like the rw&b and got it in time to decorate. The scrubby looks like a tomatoe to me... ;)

LOL about DH and the park. We do it once a year on the 4th to watch the city fireworks....rofl. That is it. Otherwise living in the country he sees no reason to go to the park which I can't say I blame him...rofl.

Ohh, never heard of decopague flower pots that would be cool. My fav was probably the flag and the dish towel with the embrodiery rocket (I got me one of those...LOL), sorry I couldn't find a holder for the flag at the time but now I can find them every, course right after I mailed the package. I was looking for one for my frog flag I got in another swap.

Sorry about the pink card...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Never had chicken with waffles nor honey. Had cooked chicken in soysauce with honey tho'. Will have to look up where Goldsboro is. Accents?? Do we speak with different accent?
Don't know that!!! Lolol!!
I'm truly a product of hodge podged America!
Having lived among Cajuns for too long, I inherited the deep brogue of those people.
That would be mixed with the new Redneck twang of my DH's.
When I get upset, I don't realize that my tongue will run away from me and go all "Chinese"!!

Pegi, it seems Joyce did a lot of walking for you, ensuring you'll have a grand 4th!
Thank you Joyce for making my dear Pegi, smile!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Mercy all the Super great Gifts !!!!!

Betty and Pegi I love everything ...... and you all remember if something doesn't fit at your house it will defiantly fit at MINE ...LOL ♥ !

Thumbnail by synda
(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

look at the goodies !! all very loverly !! ^_^

so I came home to a package, and the hubs saying "what on earth did you order from khols??!!??" I say nothing, never been there, did not order anything...?????

totally not remotely thinking of this swap !! so I open it up and there is a fantastic RWB picture frame that says Happy July 4th
I look for paper work......sent from Suzanne ???? ok I finally think of this swap ....but I am thinking who is Suzanne??? I don't think there is a Suzanne in the RWB swap.....so I am going crazy with curiosity ^_^

had to wait for sons friend to get here so I can use his computer......look through names on swap...nope no Suzanne???? huh?? no clue

start reading thread....seee Bettys post..... ^_^ oh my goodness!! it is from Betty !!! and I have another surprise coming??!!!

TOTALLY AWESOME now Betty, of course you know there is much RWB in my home all year long......so enjoy your guests, give them all great big hugs for me....get to what ever you are creating, when ever you can......I will be a waitin' with excited anticipation !! ^_^

did ya know my Anniversary is July 4th?? I have a picture from our 25th ann. celebration on the beach, when we renewed our vows... think it will be perfect in the frame ...I am so HAPPY I got tears in my eyes......thank you Betty !!! as soon as I can find it, and get it in there I will take a picture......OHHHH Betty I am so beyond touched......^_^ super arm wraps to you girl......

Thumbnail by barefootT
(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

What another fantastic box!!! Sometimes we must seem like mindreaders!

BTW, I now have a lovely patriotic tablecloth out, spreading pride through my kitchen.

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Awww Betty you brought tears to my eyes with such a Beautiful gift to Our Sweet Thunder !! Now setting with ants in my pants to see another one of Betty's Wonderful Creations !!!!!

Seen this page on the web and had to share............. http://www.cookiecrazie.com/

Thumbnail by synda Thumbnail by synda
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning,

Drats Thunder, that is but a trinket of what was ordered..if they are sending things out one by one you've many packages to come, then mine once the gathering is over..Will have to call Khols and see what the problem is.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Checked with Kohls Thunder, says the main order is shipped

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Carey, you'd soon be thinking RWB desserts to put on that table!!!
That should stir your DH's pride and stomach!

What a lovely frame to set off great memories, Thunder.
Betty was telling me that you're truly a RWB gal, but you're beyond that. Married on the great 4th too? Were you taking advantage of the fireworks?
Wow.. more? Can't wait to see what the rest are!

I'm having difficulties opening the link Synda, I'll try later.

This swap is moving along well, as expected.
May someone shares her box with us today!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow Kathy!! That's too close to home!! I haven't been following the news, so I hope the danger's over. No lives lost in that fire, I hope.
You sure don't want the winds from here today! Rains? Marion and Thunder have them.

I'm ready for more pictures fellow patriots.
Again, if anyone's having difficulties getting their box out, please, please dmail me.

It would be a perfect 4th if ALL of us can enjoy it together! Plus an Elvis impersonator just for Betty!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Victoria Harbour, ON

lol..Jaye, now that I got Debbie into getting her border car I'm going to try and talk her into coming for the Elvis Festival next month..I was thrilled when my vacation got changed to a week later, means I can do the festival, the Gospel Breakfast and my trip to New Orleans..aint the Lord special!!!

I did try to get an Elvis from the festival to come to do a gospel breakfast but because this weekend is our Canada Day anyone close enough to do it were booked..do have their tapes though from last year.

Had hoped Thunder would get her box or boxes by now

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Jaye, what does (WOP) mean?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Betty, the Lord has certainly been good to you!
I miss N.O. My old home was only 2 hrs. away and there were times when I can't sleep.. I'd round up my GFs and we'll jaunt over to Cafe Du Monde, in time for early beignets and chicory coffee.
Knowing you, you'll throw away that etiquette book at the Elvis Festival!!! Lolol!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

LK, Waiting On Pictures.

Anxious to see what Carey has painted for Kris.
It's Carey's first RWB swap and I'm sure she did her best for her buddy.

Marion, please get Kim to help you!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Jaye...sorry to say there has been 1 death so far from the fire north by Fort Collins. Hoping we get some rain soon, a few areas might get some (breif) rain this afternoon. Most of the storms are just verga (rain that doen't hit the ground, just gusty winds).

I posted these pix on the other thread yesterday, forgot we were on a new page so will repost.
The first four pix are of the fire south of me to the west of Colorado Springs. Many towns have been evacuated.
The first 4 pix are of this fire, pix were taken about a 1/2 mile from my house at the mail box looking soutwest and the fire is about 60 miles from me. Pix 2,3,4 are of the fire and scanning to the east at the smoke.

Pix 5 is of the smoke from the fires to the north (Fort Collins, 150ish miles to the north). Everywhere you look in the sky there's smoke.

There is a wildfire 10 miles from me to the southeast, fortunately they are saying this morning that it is 90% contained, the wind was blowing it in my direction. The town it borders has been evacuated.

There was a new fire that started yesterday about 50 miles from me, (northeast), that in just a few hours spread to 9 miles wide and 15 miles long.

Has been 5 days now at 100*+, today will tie the old record, which has only happened twice since the 1870's. There was talk on the news last night of cloud seeding to bring rains, but they need the right type of cloud, and those we are lacking.

Later all, Kathy.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012 8:03 AM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Joyce ,Hoping your day is full of Sunshine and Happy Memories !!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda Thumbnail by synda Thumbnail by synda
Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh more birthday cake..happy birthday Joyce!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kathy, that's one death too many!! I hope the culprits would be caught!

Happy Birthday Joyce! May you have lots of necessary pressies!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Happy Birthday Joyce!!
copied from other thread.....
I can not post any pictures right now either :(
I got a fantastic box from Betty
a welcome sign with RWB bunting, already hanging on my door
a fantastic metal star, painted like a flag.
a towel decorated with RWB, that says Live, Laugh, Love
and the most gorgeous set of placemats, that look like flags!!! thank you very much my dear!!!
as Judy would say...BIG BIG armwraps!!!!
I was feeling miserable today, so it came at a very good time... I have broken a few toes, and posiibly broke my foot! :( I went for xrays, waiting to hear the verdict...&*%# hurts like the dickens &%$*&^% been sitting here with ice on my foot...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

That's okay (((Thunder))), you've at least posted one!
Well Betty, the staggered shipping is a blessing for Thunder. Somethings to cheer her up with.
Did you have an accident at work, Thunder? Is it the foot that you sew with?
If it is, maybe Dave can rig it up where you can use your knee.
I can see it now.. crutches.. then probably a moon boot.
Hope it won't take you long to heal.

Victoria Harbour, ON

glad they didn't send it out one item at a time..didn't get to see any of it so hope the quality is ok?? I never do such a think ie order and have shipped bit nothing American RWB here.

With all RWB to decorate with here, to set up picnic not a Canadian thing was to be found here in the house, felt like a turncoat so went and bought Canadian flags, necklaces,etc so when we have Canada Day and July 4th celebration both countries will be represented lol

thunder, sorry to hear about your toes..you'll have to take some days off??

Tired tonight, need to energize for Judy and Steve tomorrow..lol

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Jaye... that particular fire was natural start, they think lightening (Fort Collins).....those pix above..I could see 60+ miles away yesterday, tonight I can't see more than 1/4-1/2 mile the smoke is so thick.
Most of the smoke tonight is from the fire by Colorado Springs, one of two they suspect was manmade........

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Kathy!!! I just read the news that 32,000 were told to evacuate!!
Hope you're not one of them.
Please stay safe, girl. Will keep you and those 32,000 in my thoughts and prayers.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I am SAFE , I'm 60 miles away from the C. Springs fire, but thick smoke was bad yesterday, the fire south of me 10 miles is 90% contained. Hoping for rain , today might get a bit.... fingers are crossed.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Happy Birthday Joyce!! Got my RW&B bells hanging on front door.

Sorry about your toes, Thunder. I know how that hurts. Hope the foot isn't broken.

Hope the fires are out soon. We are in fire season too.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Relieved to read that Kathy! Goodness, I do hope got a set of healthy lungs, that smoke might just ascerbate respiratory problems.
Debby is sending rains to the wrong areas!

Hi Pegi. I hope Colorado's fires are the only one for this year!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

I Second all that !!!!! Sending Thoughts and Prayers to all ~

Thumbnail by synda

foot is not broken...thankfully....just badly bruised......still hurts like crazy....no time off went to work, took ice packs with me and put on my toes/foot, when I took my breaks, and lunch time....ice back on it as soon as I got home. one of those stupid things you do, and can not quite figure out how / what you did???? I was putting something on a shelf, step stool leaning against closet door to one side of me , dresser next to that...turned around and some how foot ended up tangled up in step stool legs, which then got stuck on bottom of dresser??!! foot stuck in around both?? I don't know what or how??? dresser bounced!! step stool fell, I caught myself on dresser, so luckily I did not fall over, as if I did I would probably have hit my head pretty darn hard, on very hard table.....three purple swollen toes, foot was also very swollen, not bad now, hurt like crazy to put any weight on front of foot!!! I really thought is was broke!! nope, just toes....Dr said I could tape them, or not. I voted not.

Betty Items are beautiful, very ,very nice quality!!! I have never been to a khols, may just go check them out....I thought they only had clothes??!!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

They didn't give you a special boot to wear ? When Rick Smashed his big toe last summer they gave him a boot at the hospital to wear that put all his weight on the heel so he could walk better (with not as much pain). Hope you heal fast ,too bad you couldn't stay home from work with your foot up and be treated like the Princess that you are !!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda
Victoria Harbour, ON

Thunder, it's one of the first places I shop at when I'm in the states..have everything there!

Hope pain subsides.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.