Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: § 2012 RED, WHITE & BLUE § Patriotic Showcase 3

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 122, Views: 739
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9178196

Once you receive you patriotic goodies, please post a picture and I'll then put a next to your name.

PARTICIPANTS:
Lizrainey------------------Liz :-)
BarefootT-----------------Thunder :-)
Bettypauze---------------Betty :-)
Seedtosser1-------------Judy
Taters55------------------LK :-)
Abbisgranma------------Marion :-) (WOP)
Synda---------------------Synda :-)
Samigal------------------Pegi :-)
Oberon46----------------Mary :-)
MonkeymomR----------Robyn :-)
Robynznest-------------Robin :-)
Fruit of the Vine--------Susan :-)
Jsxtiger-------------------Jax :-)
warriorswisdomkathy--Kathy :-)
Careyana-----------------Carey :-)
Dahtzu--------------------Faye :-)
MudElf--------------------Kris :-)
Jordankittyjo-------------Sis Kathy :-)
Purpbutfly----------------Cindy :-)
Crit-------------------------Patti :-)
Happgarden-------------Joyce :-)
Heavenscape------------Jaye :-)

This message was edited Jul 10, 2012 8:14 AM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
Click the image for an enlarged view.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9178211

Betty, in the background of one of your pics, I notice the stork with the RWB tiles is still standing proud.
I recalled Deborah (Cordeledawg) gifting you with that from the 1st RWB swap.
You truly cherish your gifts, don't you?

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #9178267

Love all those items Betty!

It is not cool here, look at our forecast...

Sun 100° | 81°

Mon 109° | 81°

Tue 104° | 86°

Wed 104° | 81°

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2012
7:31 AM

Post #9178287

Poor you LK! It's gonna be a miserable week for you!

Thunderstorms last night should have assured us of a cooler day today, not so!!
I'll chill indoors with my sewing project for sure!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #9178323

LK we are hitting over 100 today with rain showers yesterday so we will feel like we are in NC...rofl. Use to live in NC in another life time, many many moons ago. Awfully early for us to hit those temps.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #9178360

Joyce, I'm sure you're loving where you're at now!
Where were you in NC? I'm across the S.C. border.

I thought I left the three Hs (heats, humidity and hurricanes) behind in Louisiana when I moved here. Unfortunately, I'm still facing that and throw in tornadoes!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 24, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9178385

Yes she did Jaye, it's out along with the metal stars all year round..

Marion's star found a home

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
9:50 AM

Post #9178494

Heavenscape I lived in Goldsboro NC, at Seymore Johnson Air Force Base, first time away from home. We were realitively close to the beach and beautifuly they were. That was another life time ago. I transfered from ATT to Southern Bell telephone...rofl. Back then you had to call the operator for collect phone calls and everyone would laugh at my accent...rofl. Love our country with and it's differences. I am afraid with places like walmart and the on slaught of tv we will lose that differences in accents and food just to name a few things. First time I had ever tried grits or chicken with honey...
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 24, 2012
10:43 AM

Post #9178577

Finally arranged my beauties from Joyce so I could get a good picture. Ended up taking two so you could see everything. Joyce, I don't have a picnic table, but may have to invest in one. Couldn't get DH to picnic at the park! I hope you can see the 3 bells hanging, really love them. Love everything! Thanks so much

We are headed toward those high digit figures for weather, but so far it hasn't been too bad.

Thumbnail by Samigal   Thumbnail by Samigal
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 24, 2012
10:51 AM

Post #9178589

I may decopague the pretty flag napkins on a flower pot. I use to do that eons ago, would make a beautiful flower pot. Don't know if you can see the crochet srubber, but I'm going to be using it soon. Have a perfect place for the small runner, will fit perfectly on my book case or even on my cedar chest I use for a coffee table. Coffee table sure is a catch all for me, bad habit.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

June 24, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9178610

Glad you like the rw&b and got it in time to decorate. The scrubby looks like a tomatoe to me... ;)

LOL about DH and the park. We do it once a year on the 4th to watch the city fireworks...rofl. That is it. Otherwise living in the country he sees no reason to go to the park which I can't say I blame him...rofl.

Ohh, never heard of decopague flower pots that would be cool. My fav was probably the flag and the dish towel with the embrodiery rocket (I got me one of those...LOL), sorry I couldn't find a holder for the flag at the time but now I can find them every, course right after I mailed the package. I was looking for one for my frog flag I got in another swap.

Sorry about the pink card...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 24, 2012
11:29 AM

Post #9178639

Never had chicken with waffles nor honey. Had cooked chicken in soysauce with honey tho'. Will have to look up where Goldsboro is. Accents?? Do we speak with different accent?
Don't know that!!! Lolol!!
I'm truly a product of hodge podged America!
Having lived among Cajuns for too long, I inherited the deep brogue of those people.
That would be mixed with the new Redneck twang of my DH's.
When I get upset, I don't realize that my tongue will run away from me and go all "Chinese"!!

Pegi, it seems Joyce did a lot of walking for you, ensuring you'll have a grand 4th!
Thank you Joyce for making my dear Pegi, smile!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 24, 2012
12:42 PM

Post #9178727

Oh Mercy all the Super great Gifts !!!!!

Betty and Pegi I love everything ... and you all remember if something doesn't fit at your house it will defiantly fit at MINE ...LOL ♥ !

Thumbnail by synda

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #9178974

look at the goodies !! all very loverly !! :-)

so I came home to a package, and the hubs saying "what on earth did you order from khols??!!??" I say nothing, never been there, did not order anything...?????

totally not remotely thinking of this swap !! so I open it up and there is a fantastic RWB picture frame that says Happy July 4th
I look for paper work...sent from Suzanne ???? ok I finally think of this swap ...but I am thinking who is Suzanne??? I don't think there is a Suzanne in the RWB swap...so I am going crazy with curiosity :-)

had to wait for sons friend to get here so I can use his computer...look through names on swap...nope no Suzanne???? huh?? no clue

start reading thread...seee Bettys post... :-) oh my goodness!! it is from Betty !!! and I have another surprise coming??!!!

TOTALLY AWESOME now Betty, of course you know there is much RWB in my home all year long...so enjoy your guests, give them all great big hugs for me...get to what ever you are creating, when ever you can...I will be a waitin' with excited anticipation !! :-)

did ya know my Anniversary is July 4th?? I have a picture from our 25th ann. celebration on the beach, when we renewed our vows... think it will be perfect in the frame ...I am so HAPPY I got tears in my eyes...thank you Betty !!! as soon as I can find it, and get it in there I will take a picture...OHHHH Betty I am so beyond touched...:-) super arm wraps to you girl...

Thumbnail by barefootT

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #9179247

What another fantastic box!!! Sometimes we must seem like mindreaders!

BTW, I now have a lovely patriotic tablecloth out, spreading pride through my kitchen.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 24, 2012
9:09 PM

Post #9179353

Awww Betty you brought tears to my eyes with such a Beautiful gift to Our Sweet Thunder !! Now setting with ants in my pants to see another one of Betty's Wonderful Creations !!!!!

Seen this page on the web and had to share... http://www.cookiecrazie.com/

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 24, 2012
11:43 PM

Post #9179403

Morning,

Drats Thunder, that is but a trinket of what was ordered..if they are sending things out one by one you've many packages to come, then mine once the gathering is over..Will have to call Khols and see what the problem is.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 25, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9179624

Checked with Kohls Thunder, says the main order is shipped

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 25, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #9179981

Carey, you'd soon be thinking RWB desserts to put on that table!!!
That should stir your DH's pride and stomach!

What a lovely frame to set off great memories, Thunder.
Betty was telling me that you're truly a RWB gal, but you're beyond that. Married on the great 4th too? Were you taking advantage of the fireworks?
Wow.. more? Can't wait to see what the rest are!

I'm having difficulties opening the link Synda, I'll try later.

This swap is moving along well, as expected.
May someone shares her box with us today!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #9181553

Wow Kathy!! That's too close to home!! I haven't been following the news, so I hope the danger's over. No lives lost in that fire, I hope.
You sure don't want the winds from here today! Rains? Marion and Thunder have them.

I'm ready for more pictures fellow patriots.
Again, if anyone's having difficulties getting their box out, please, please dmail me.

It would be a perfect 4th if ALL of us can enjoy it together! Plus an Elvis impersonator just for Betty!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 26, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9181567

lol..Jaye, now that I got Debbie into getting her border car I'm going to try and talk her into coming for the Elvis Festival next month..I was thrilled when my vacation got changed to a week later, means I can do the festival, the Gospel Breakfast and my trip to New Orleans..aint the Lord special!!!

I did try to get an Elvis from the festival to come to do a gospel breakfast but because this weekend is our Canada Day anyone close enough to do it were booked..do have their tapes though from last year.

Had hoped Thunder would get her box or boxes by now

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #9181573

Jaye, what does (WOP) mean?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9181586

Betty, the Lord has certainly been good to you!
I miss N.O. My old home was only 2 hrs. away and there were times when I can't sleep.. I'd round up my GFs and we'll jaunt over to Cafe Du Monde, in time for early beignets and chicory coffee.
Knowing you, you'll throw away that etiquette book at the Elvis Festival!!! Lolol!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9181591

LK, Waiting On Pictures.

Anxious to see what Carey has painted for Kris.
It's Carey's first RWB swap and I'm sure she did her best for her buddy.

Marion, please get Kim to help you!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #9181689

Jaye...sorry to say there has been 1 death so far from the fire north by Fort Collins. Hoping we get some rain soon, a few areas might get some (breif) rain this afternoon. Most of the storms are just verga (rain that doen't hit the ground, just gusty winds).

I posted these pix on the other thread yesterday, forgot we were on a new page so will repost.
The first four pix are of the fire south of me to the west of Colorado Springs. Many towns have been evacuated.
The first 4 pix are of this fire, pix were taken about a 1/2 mile from my house at the mail box looking soutwest and the fire is about 60 miles from me. Pix 2,3,4 are of the fire and scanning to the east at the smoke.

Pix 5 is of the smoke from the fires to the north (Fort Collins, 150ish miles to the north). Everywhere you look in the sky there's smoke.

There is a wildfire 10 miles from me to the southeast, fortunately they are saying this morning that it is 90% contained, the wind was blowing it in my direction. The town it borders has been evacuated.

There was a new fire that started yesterday about 50 miles from me, (northeast), that in just a few hours spread to 9 miles wide and 15 miles long.

Has been 5 days now at 100*+, today will tie the old record, which has only happened twice since the 1870's. There was talk on the news last night of cloud seeding to bring rains, but they need the right type of cloud, and those we are lacking.

Later all, Kathy.

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012 8:03 AM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 26, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9181762

Happy Birthday Joyce ,Hoping your day is full of Sunshine and Happy Memories !!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 26, 2012
8:44 AM

Post #9181784

Ohhh more birthday cake..happy birthday Joyce!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
11:02 AM

Post #9182011

Kathy, that's one death too many!! I hope the culprits would be caught!

Happy Birthday Joyce! May you have lots of necessary pressies!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 26, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9182483

Happy Birthday Joyce!!
copied from other thread...
I can not post any pictures right now either :(
I got a fantastic box from Betty
a welcome sign with RWB bunting, already hanging on my door
a fantastic metal star, painted like a flag.
a towel decorated with RWB, that says Live, Laugh, Love
and the most gorgeous set of placemats, that look like flags!!! thank you very much my dear!!!
as Judy would say...BIG BIG armwraps!!!!
I was feeling miserable today, so it came at a very good time... I have broken a few toes, and posiibly broke my foot! :( I went for xrays, waiting to hear the verdict...&*%# hurts like the dickens &%$*&^% been sitting here with ice on my foot...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 26, 2012
5:23 PM

Post #9182561

That's okay (((Thunder))), you've at least posted one!
Well Betty, the staggered shipping is a blessing for Thunder. Somethings to cheer her up with.
Did you have an accident at work, Thunder? Is it the foot that you sew with?
If it is, maybe Dave can rig it up where you can use your knee.
I can see it now.. crutches.. then probably a moon boot.
Hope it won't take you long to heal.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 26, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #9182678

glad they didn't send it out one item at a time..didn't get to see any of it so hope the quality is ok?? I never do such a think ie order and have shipped bit nothing American RWB here.

With all RWB to decorate with here, to set up picnic not a Canadian thing was to be found here in the house, felt like a turncoat so went and bought Canadian flags, necklaces,etc so when we have Canada Day and July 4th celebration both countries will be represented lol

thunder, sorry to hear about your toes..you'll have to take some days off??

Tired tonight, need to energize for Judy and Steve tomorrow..lol

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 26, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #9182689

Jaye... that particular fire was natural start, they think lightening (Fort Collins)...those pix above..I could see 60+ miles away yesterday, tonight I can't see more than 1/4-1/2 mile the smoke is so thick.
Most of the smoke tonight is from the fire by Colorado Springs, one of two they suspect was manmade...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #9183417

Kathy!!! I just read the news that 32,000 were told to evacuate!!
Hope you're not one of them.
Please stay safe, girl. Will keep you and those 32,000 in my thoughts and prayers.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 27, 2012
10:18 AM

Post #9183447

I am SAFE , I'm 60 miles away from the C. Springs fire, but thick smoke was bad yesterday, the fire south of me 10 miles is 90% contained. Hoping for rain , today might get a bit... fingers are crossed.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

June 27, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9183465

Happy Birthday Joyce!! Got my RW&B bells hanging on front door.

Sorry about your toes, Thunder. I know how that hurts. Hope the foot isn't broken.

Hope the fires are out soon. We are in fire season too.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 27, 2012
10:42 AM

Post #9183475

Relieved to read that Kathy! Goodness, I do hope got a set of healthy lungs, that smoke might just ascerbate respiratory problems.
Debby is sending rains to the wrong areas!

Hi Pegi. I hope Colorado's fires are the only one for this year!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 27, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9183480

I Second all that !!!!! Sending Thoughts and Prayers to all ~

Thumbnail by synda

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

June 27, 2012
9:31 PM

Post #9184236

foot is not broken...thankfully...just badly bruised...still hurts like crazy...no time off went to work, took ice packs with me and put on my toes/foot, when I took my breaks, and lunch time...ice back on it as soon as I got home. one of those stupid things you do, and can not quite figure out how / what you did???? I was putting something on a shelf, step stool leaning against closet door to one side of me , dresser next to that...turned around and some how foot ended up tangled up in step stool legs, which then got stuck on bottom of dresser??!! foot stuck in around both?? I don't know what or how??? dresser bounced!! step stool fell, I caught myself on dresser, so luckily I did not fall over, as if I did I would probably have hit my head pretty darn hard, on very hard table...three purple swollen toes, foot was also very swollen, not bad now, hurt like crazy to put any weight on front of foot!!! I really thought is was broke!! nope, just toes...Dr said I could tape them, or not. I voted not.

Betty Items are beautiful, very ,very nice quality!!! I have never been to a khols, may just go check them out...I thought they only had clothes??!!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 27, 2012
10:47 PM

Post #9184271

They didn't give you a special boot to wear ? When Rick Smashed his big toe last summer they gave him a boot at the hospital to wear that put all his weight on the heel so he could walk better (with not as much pain). Hope you heal fast ,too bad you couldn't stay home from work with your foot up and be treated like the Princess that you are !!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 28, 2012
2:17 AM

Post #9184310

Thunder, it's one of the first places I shop at when I'm in the states..have everything there!

Hope pain subsides.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9184426

Glad the foot is not broken, but broken toes really hurt, and there is nothing the Dr. can do about it! Just walk gently, and avoid kicking anything, or you will really know it!
Can't wait to see what you got from Betty! Betty, maybe you can go online, and copy pictures of what you sent?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #9184614

Thunder, after you had explained that freaky accident to us, I am glad that your toes were the only ouchy ones!
Hmm.. you might have to start wearing steel toed boots around the house!! Just kidding sistah. Hope you won't be in much discomfort for too long.

Synda, how long did it took for Rick to heal that big toe? Were you ever tempted to step on it, when he upsets you? Lol!

I too thought Kohl's is just for clothes. Got to step into one and check it out.

Great suggestion there LK! Yep, if possible, copy the pics and paste them here Betty.

In honor of LK.. RWB Texas!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2012
8:32 AM

Post #9184633

:-) Thanks Jaye!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 28, 2012
9:39 AM

Post #9184723

Jaye it took 2 or 3 months to get so he didn't have to wear the boot ,but he still has to work it everyday to get it to bend a little bit more,and it's been a year. But his big toe was smashed ,the bones were in pieces the x-ray looked like a spider web.

Marion has it ever stopped raining long enough to see how bright the solar gazing ball gets ?

Thumbnail by synda

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 28, 2012
10:03 AM

Post #9184745

OK ,after everyone gets done at Betty's you all head down to Marion's to see what I sent her ...LOL ♥

Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #9184762

Synda, Marion might just welcome that!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

June 28, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9184765

Ahhhh, know the Canadian Snowbirds will be flying here this weekend, maybe we can catch them..if not might make July 4th at Marion's. Lol

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 28, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9184771

Then DG would certainly brag about its' continental trotting sistahs, Betty!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

June 28, 2012
12:04 PM

Post #9184975

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1268342/
Fairy and gnome swap is open for all those interested. Come and check it out.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

June 29, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #9186199

Afternoon fellow patriots.
I'm sure many are sharing this heatwave we're having.
For a few weeks in June, I was very thankful for the unexpected low temps. Now it's back to normal scorching summer heat.

Wish I have a pool, will sure be in it for the rest of the day. But then, I might be boiled instead!!

Kathy, one of our DG friends' son is affected by the Co. fires. He and his family are told to evacuate.

So, please ladies, say a prayer for them.

I learnt too that some states/counties have put out fire bans. Hasn't happened here, but we rarely get wild fires.

Here's hoping another box will be shared today and please stay cool.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

June 29, 2012
1:09 PM

Post #9186452

heavenscape...oh my...sure hope their home was spared...Winds a bit calmer yesterday and today, hope it stays that way!!!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 29, 2012
2:25 PM

Post #9186573

I seen on the news this intense heat is coming from TEXAS ,Linda Kay I know how Sweet and giving you are ,but this is one gift you can take back and keep...LOL ! Yesterday and today in the high 90's with high humidity and NO air other than fans .We have a couple window air conditioners but hate to put them in because the electric bill will double !!! At least I am thankful not to be in CO ,sending Prayers for them all !!!!

Praying everyone stay cool and hydrated !

red, white & blue sangria
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Love this recipe for a patriotic holiday...

Ingredients:
2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
1 cup triple sec
1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
1 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve over ice.

Tips:
*To make 1/2 cup simple syrup, boil 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat and let cool. Now it's simple syrup!
*Use fresh fruit for this recipe. Frozen just won't be great.
*To make star-shaped pineapple pieces, cut long & wide pieces of pineapple off the side of the fresh fruit. use a star cutter to cut shapes.

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 29, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #9186575

Fourth of July Red, White and Blue
1 oz Watermelon Schnapps
1 big splash cranberry juice
1 very thin slice of jalapeno or Serrano pepper
1 slice lemon
1 slice lime
1 ½ oz tequila (those weak of stomach can substitute
vodka here…pansies)
¼ oz blue Curacao
½ oz simple syrup
watermelon wedge for garnish
How to make it
Mix the Schnapps and the cranberry juice in a shaker; pour into an ice-filled highball glass.
Muddle the pepper, lemon and lime slicers, tequila, blue curacao and simple syrup in the shaker. Slowly strain into the glass over the red layer. I have to say I never noticed the spice from the pepper, so if you want to give it more kick, try adding more once you’ve tried the first beverage…
Garnish with watermelon. You can also add a spritz of grapefruit soda for some bubbles.

Thumbnail by synda

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

June 30, 2012
11:28 PM

Post #9188372

Hope EVERYONE is having a nice weekend before the 4th ~

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2012
12:16 AM

Post #9188380

You too Synda!
After reading the recipes, I think I got a buzz!!! Thanks for sharing that with us.
To make them would be treading into dangerous territory for me.
When I was in my 20s, (pre smart years) I'd get "stoned" on tequilas. Straight tequila, salt on hand, with a coke chaser. Those days are long gone.

Here I am waiting that someone would get a box today. Surprise!!
It's me!!! :-)
Someone reads what I wish I had.. and guess what??? She makes sure I got it!! MY OWN FAT RWB STAR!!
Yayyyyy... thank you, thank you dear sistah.. Thank YOU!!

She's not the only one that has gifted me, truth be told, but another too. Just too much the both of you. Thank you, thank you!!
It makes it easy for me to host this year after year with patriots like you.

I'll keep on doing this, because, I truly love this country and the people.
It's so wonderful that you all and a dear fellow Canadian, feels the same way.

For those that still are waiting for your boxes, have faith.
Even though you won't get it in time, for the 4th, remember that celebrating America should be year round.
We were waving our flags proudly when 9/11 happened. A small family owned flag factory in bordertown of S.C. couldn't keep up with the demands. Then less than a decade later, they went belly up. The demands plummetted.

So, show your love for America. Hang those decorations year round, like some are inclined to do with their Christmas decorations.
This is America, and we are proud Americans!!

Here's my FAT RWB STAR!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 1, 2012
12:41 AM

Post #9188384

Kathy, I don't mean to ignore you.
Got so excited with my star!!

Barb's son's home is spared, but not a few of his neighbours. According to Barb, he felt real bad about that, and had kindly invited a neighbour to stay at his house.
Victims of fire.. rain storm.. heat wave..all in the same month.
I sure hope that these are not a sign of what's to come for the rest of the year :(

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 1, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #9188951

Love those stars Jaye! Why are the words on the birdhouse backwards?

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9188985

That is a great question Linda Kay ...maybe it is a Dodo Birdhouse...LOL !

In 1598 a ship of Portuguese sailors landed on the island of Mauritius and discovered, a previously unknown species of bird, known today as the Dodo Bird. This bird was like nothing they had ever seen before, and having been living in solitude on the island with no natural predators it was a surprisingly fearless. The sailors however mistook this for stupidity therefore giving the bird its name, the “dodo”. Over the course of the next century the dodo was killed by humans and other non-indigenous animals that were brought with them and less then 100 years after it was discovered, it was completely wiped out. The Dodo remains one of the most widely known cases of animal extinctions.

There are a few different speculations on what the Dodo bird originally looked like. Since there were no cameras in the 1500’s all we have to rely on is the portrayal and descriptions of the birds in sailor’s journals, and artist’s renditions. However, since it was such an unusual looking creature there is quite an array of drawings and painting still in existence.

Based on this info, it was determine that a full-grown adult Dodo was a very large bird weighing about 50 lbs. It had grayish blue feathers that covered its body except for a plume of white feathers on its rear. The Dodo had a short neck and stood about 3 feet high on two stout yellow legs. It had two very small wings making it flightless, and a large black beak with bronzed color on the tip. Most portraits of the Dodo portray the bird as very heavy and somewhat clumsy looking, however due to new research and discoveries those previous ideas have been revamped. Many scientists now believe that the bird may have been much slimmer (by about 4 or 5 pounds). The reason that early depictions of the bird may have made it look heavy was due to the fact that it was also known as a very greedy bird, with an insatiable appetite.

Thumbnail by synda

Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 1, 2012
9:14 PM

Post #9189387

Love the story about the Dodo Bird. Now I know what to expect when I hear someone referring to me as one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 2, 2012
5:09 AM

Post #9189555

Thanks Synda.
If you've seen that movie "Ice Age", you'd love those cult like dodo birds there. Think in that movie, the reason the dodo birds went into extinction was that by accident their only female was thrown into the volcano!

Betty, a belated Happy Canada Day! It must be one memorable day for you yesterday, with so many American DGers celebrating with you in your beautiful home.

Morning fellow patriots. Ready to celebrate the 4th?
Hope Carey, Judy and Robyn get their boxes within these two days.

Stay cool everyone.

Good morning!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 2, 2012
10:34 AM

Post #9189976

Thank you Jaye, we had the Canadian Flag flying, did the small town parade and all enjoyed..know that your Red/White/Blue hung and decorated my home proudly!

They've only all left and already I'm lonesome

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #9191397

Betty, no way you could be lonesome with all those new memories!
You could always retrace where they sat, stood or slept and feel their presence.
I don't blame you. Nothing like the real presence!

Still 3 more patriots waiting for their gifts. Again, please let me know if you need help in getting them out.
For those waiting, I thank you for your patience. As I'd said, the celebration of America is 365 days a year. Just it's birthday for some will be postponed. And that tablecloth and complementary dinnerware will always be good for the following year.

"You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism. " ~Erma Bombeck

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 3, 2012
10:41 AM

Post #9191401

America is much more than a geographical fact. It is a political and moral fact - the first community in which men set out in principle to institutionalize freedom, responsible government, and human equality. ~Adlai Stevenson

This is a known fact! We are indeed blessed that human equality is practised here, and we do have transparency in govt. Though it's check and balance system is flawed, but it's there...and never had the people's
will to correct it been suppressed.

Be proud we are Americans!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 3, 2012
1:36 PM

Post #9191607

Hope you all have a great 4th of July, I will have company, and I will try to get online when I find a few quiet moments.

Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 3, 2012
9:05 PM

Post #9192226

Happy 4th of July everyone!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 4, 2012
6:06 AM

Post #9192449

Happy Birthday America!

I can imagine the celebrations all over America. From parades to the grilling in one's backyard.

Americans working overseas will be celebrating this day in their own fashion and one thing I know for sure, corn is universal!
There'll be hotels/restaurants offering special American fare.

Let's not forget our servicemen who doesn't take a holiday in Afghanistan and Iraq.

God Bless America!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 4, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #9192451

God Bless America...

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 4, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9192480

Good morning and Happy 4th of July!!

Well I have to come clean...
I have had my gifts for my buddy for quite some time!
Life and work got in the way and then I went off to Canada...
...Which i absolutely loved Celebrating Canada Day with Betty, friends and family.
anyways, While I was gone i asked my kids to send the package for me, as I just missed the time after
a long day of work the Saturday before we left...They said they would and then no one had money to ship.
While at Betty's got a hold of Liz and asked her to get hold of Jake and have him Beg his sister for me to send it over night usp, my buddy would have had it yesterday, but the cost was way more then I had, so ended up shipping it ground and my Buddie, won't receive it until Monday...And they left a few things out of the box...so will get those to you soon.

Well, I felt so incredibly embarrassed I sent her a d-mail that it is on the way.
AW, she was understanding and said she will still enjoy and then have for next year!
So i am thankful for her patients and forgiveness...

And a special Thanks to Sistah Jaye for offering to send something for me, your a gem!

OK got to go move my entire craft stuff...A/C went out so putting in a used unit, OMG, we are sweltering, standing still...

Hope everyone enjoys the day and all festivities!!

Oh and if i could share a picture, it would be the RWB beach Towels Betty loaned us from her RWB gifts...During our visit to Wasaga Beach...WOW!! It was simply Gorgeous and so much fun!

Waiving my Flag to you

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 4, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9192640

Happy 4th everyone. Stay safe and with all the heat and dry conditions watch for fires.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 5, 2012
5:02 AM

Post #9193607

Morning fellow patriots!

Did anyone have a good time watching the fireworks, yesterday? I know that many counties and states put out a ban due to very dry weather.
Here, the town's too poor for a display this year, but the neighbours sent some fancy ones up! My furry kids hid for a long time!

Oh to be at Betty's for the Gathering.
Betty, I'm sure you had more RWB stuffs than Canadian laid out.
Did your guests had to be reminded they're across the border?

Sis Judy, I remember one year when the a/c broke down on me in S. Louisiana, and I had to cool off in the car!!
Sis, you've always maintained a clean record of filling your end of the swap.

Thank you Robyn for being so patient! Can't wait to see what Sis Judy got you.

Now we'll wait on Marion and Judy to post pictures!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9194369

Judy, please don't worry. Everyone has been so busy getting gardens started and dealing with the heat, everyone deserves a break. Here it's hot and getting hotter. We all seem to stayed burrowed down until about seven at night. Even the gophers are being lazy.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 5, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #9194406

While here at the Gathering Judy called Liz in California and her kids trying to get them to post the box she had left behind for the RWB but was unable to..she mentioned how disappointing it would be for her swap buddy!!

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

July 5, 2012
7:53 PM

Post #9194761

Glad to see everyone had a Safe and Happy 4th ! I have had one of my BGFF's here since Monday and Rick's Baby Brother here since Tuesday! They both left today ,it was nice to get back to normal ,but yet very lonesome tonight out setting on the front porch without them. Yesterday we had Pulled Pork w/ a very wide variety of sauces on Hawaiian Buns ,Potato Salad ,Macaroni Salad , Cole Slaw ,Veggie Tray ,Relish Tray ,Chips ,Strawberries ,Blueberries ,Cherries ,and Peaches ,our frig is still packed to the hilt !!!!!! Was going to make Cheesecake and Baked Beans ,,but it has been WAY too hot to even attempt turning on the oven ! It hit 99* on the the porch in the shade heat index hit well over a 100* ,supposed to be like this for the at least two more days ,no rain ,our grass is brown and CRUNCHY !!! Thank God for fans !!

Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda   Thumbnail by synda

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2012
1:10 PM

Post #9195535

Thank you Synda for posting that remarkable picture of the tree growing with a bike in it! Amazing... a real tribute to a warrior.
What's more amazing is no one had cut down that tree all these years. Patriotism roots runs deep.

You're right Robyn, The heat turns us into zombies.
My schedule has been rearranged, so I'd avoid being exposed to the brutal sun. That means waking up at 6, and start doing chores, outside and inside. But, once I'm through with house chores, I don't want to do much, except to veg and go to bed early. I can't even think!!!
Even hate to shop in this heat!!

Betty, how's the heat there?

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 6, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9195669

84 with 63% humidity..

Starting to fret about going to New Orleans August 3rd. If its anything like you are all talking about perhaps we should make alternate travel plans, no fun if you cannot go outside!

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 6, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #9195688

Hi, hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July.

Sistah, I haven't received a RWB package...
wasn't going to say because I was so late, but thats why no pictures.

We did enjoy our fireworks!
When we got home Jacob blew off his few items. LOL but he was more impressed with the sparklers he got!!

LOL, I was thoroughly exhausted, yep, me! Went to bed at 10:30.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #9195692

Oh, so sorry Judy.. I misunderstood.
Is the house cooling down some? :Poor you must be shocked to return to a hot Illinois!!
It's still in the 3 digits here, and it's much better if I hit bed early too, so I can be early to water!!

Betty, don't fret. Weather's fickle, but normally, the heat doesn't ease off till September in that part of Louisiana.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 6, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9195777

I'm not smiling Jaye!! Best I make some neck coolers! Hope it's A town that is open 24/7 so during heat of the day we can sightsee..been there in October, December and February..sure wish boss didn't have shutdown in August,

Feel for you all living with this heat month after month..wow

Should go outside and water the gardens
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 7, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #9196865

We are still in the 80's which I'm happy about, not looking forward to higher digits. Everything is so dry though, have to get out and water my tomatoes or I won't have any fruit to enjoy. Looking forward to a BLT, don't want to buy the tasteless tomatoes in the stores.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 7, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #9196886

We had rain all morning, now sunshine...sent the clouds/rain you wat!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #9196914

Trying one more time to post picture of my mailbox I got from this swap...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf   Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #9196920

Great it worked..finally. only took 2 hours to get it loaded...sigh.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2012
3:07 PM

Post #9196936

That is an awesome mailbox. So much fun.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 7, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #9196944

I really like it. I no longer have any type of internet except my phone. So it was hard to post pictures.. I have been trying for weeks now.. seems. I guess. I just needed a storm to be able to post. But now sun is back out and it is getting hard to post again..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9196966

Love that mailbox Kris!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9197131

You're right Robyn, LK.. that's one beautiful mailbox, Kris. The mailperson will be having a pleasant route..with that mailbox in his sight.
Thank you so much for doing this, I'm so sorry you have to fight with dial up. Hope the county can offer a better 'net service for you.
Kel can get to FB faster with his phone than me on dial up!

Betty, there are plenty to see in the daytime in N.O. There are old houses that you can tour.
Longue View House is a magnificent mansion styled . You'd appreciate the gardens which was inspired by Alhambra. Good art collection too..
This was one that I truly enjoyed. It's on the outskirts of town, just a few minutes ride, but oh so worth it. On the way there, you'd pass the famous cemetery.
[HYPERLINK@www.longuevue.com]

93 here Pegi. Think I'll freeze in your heat!! Lolol!!
Lucky for me, that my church sistah gave me bags of tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
Had to water every morning and back to the pots in the evening.
Flowers are having a hard time in this heat.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #9197630

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1268342/

Come and check out the fairy/gnome swap. It will be closing on the 13th

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 8, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #9197670

Thanks Jaye, so many things to see and do and so little time..
Glad the temps are cooling for you all!

Mid 70's and a beautiful breeze, nice to be out doing yard work and still enjoy the day.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 9, 2012
7:48 AM

Post #9198887

Oh...yippy today is monday...hopeful robyns pa kage is on time!! Will have to see if those kids saved co.firmation info...

Got to work today. So have to scoot. Enjoy the day
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #9199541

No box today but not to worry. My maillady has been covering her route and another one for a sick co-worker. The antisipation is just as much fun as the getting.
Hotter here and getting hotter. Everything is well water but still looks a little tired. Come to think of it, so do the people.

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 9, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #9199611

Oh man..just realized your 2 hours behind us!! Its coming via ups.maybe you will still get today, crossing fingers.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #9199639

I just got it. Wow!!! There's a flag that plays music, the kids keep snatching it. Headbands and bandana which are awesome because they are the only way I keep the glistening out of my eyes when I'm in the garden. Whirleygigs and bows. Socks! A handmade glass piece covered with a very cool patterened cover. A wooden heart with a star. An wooden piece that spells America and has hindges. I love it. A solar light for the garden which I will put out tomorrow because I can. An American Eagle statue unfurling a flag. A can cooler (boy will that get some use with this heat. Can we all say "Bud"?). I don't know how you knew but Love in the Mist are some of my favorite flowers. I had great luck winter sowing them last year so you know where those seeds will be going. I'm hoping this all goes through because my computer is acting like a slug. I love everything, you did an awesome job. Thank you so much for all the thought and time you put into it.

Thumbnail by monkeymomr

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 9, 2012
7:51 PM

Post #9199771

Now that's a haul Robyn..Judy will be thrilled it finally arrived!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
8:47 PM

Post #9199843

Great job Judy! Love all those pressies!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #9200032

Robyn, you and sistah Judy sure are kinfolks! You both share the same beverage for sure.
Smiling away here reading your description. Yes, because you can, you can put anything RWB any time of the year!
That wooden heart and sign are precious.
Judy, sistah, you are definitely A plus for taking your time to put a smile on Robyn's face!

CHEERS!!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 11, 2012
6:48 AM

Post #9201401

Waiving hello...woohoo!! So glad you like e erything Robyn. I love that singing flag, and the can cooler was the last on shelf...thought it was especially neat!!

Love Bud but only indulge when offered...its Miller time for me,lol...cheers.

Ps...still have to send the items kids left out...vot towait to get paid again. So youll be surprised again soon.

Ok im running late got toskiddadle...
Have a great day.
Judy

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 11, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9201547

Thanks for such a great swap again Jaye. Enjoyed seeing everyones gifts and sending and recieving too...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2012
9:38 AM

Post #9201618

Marion, are you going to post your pictures?
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #9201851

Thank you for hosting Jaye. I had so much fum. I never knew how much RWB there was. I''m already putting things away for next year.
Judy, I will be looking forward to the package. I really love everything and the singing flag is a huge hit with the kids. Robyn

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 12, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #9203386

Thanks for hosting Jaye! What a fun swap and a great group to swap with!

Elfie, I'm glad you liked everything. Pickings were surprisingly still pretty slim around here, which is why I decided to break out my watercolors! (made DH pretty happy since he bought them all for me!)
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 13, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #9203940

I agree, Jaye is the perfect host when it comes to RW&B. Another great swap year!! A few months ago I picked up a teddy bear dressed like a soldier with long dangling legs and when you pressed his hand it plays "Proud to be an American". I just love it and got it at thrift store for about $2.50. I just can't imagine some of the nice things that are given away. Thank you again Jaye for hosting this swap.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 13, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9204092

A thank you as well from an all Canadian gal who loved RWB!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #9204397

Carey, you did a fantastic job for someone who's been 'away' from her paints! You got skill, girl!
Now to pester your favorite store into carrying more patriotic stuffs.

LK, Marion's down South with her mother. I'm sure she'd be posting pics when she returns. She might have to use her bed for staging area!

We are still waiting on Judy to get her gifts. Her buddy will be late in sending out, but Judy here is a very understanding sistah. And of course, RWB is perennial!

It's not me that makes this swap a great one. It's swappers like you all.
You're welcome, Kris, Betty, Pegi and Robyn
Each year I look forward to seeing the treasures laid out for our viewing pleasure.
What a way to show ours' and Betty's love for RWB!

Hmm.. maybe I should do an 'election' swap, only done on election year? That will encourage patriotism right? Don't think so!!
Lolol.. DG isn't about politics.. and no matter what our politics are, we agree on this.. we love AMERICA!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 13, 2012
8:26 PM

Post #9204507

Jaye, if there's a swap that can make my phone stop ringing with campaign and just junk calls (so much for the do not call list) I'd be first in line!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2012
7:29 AM

Post #9204804

Carey, even though most of us are on the do not call list, the rules do not apply to politicians! They can call all they want. When I get those calls, I just hang up!

Jaye, I agree, we would not have this swap if you were not here, just would not be the same!

Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 16, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #9206862

On my way to work this morning I was listening to Blue Grass music and a song came on that gave me the chills...

Checked on internet and thought you might enjoy

The Soldier by Rhonda Vincent

http://www.lyricsmania.com/god_bless_the_soldier_lyrics_rhonda_vincent.html

Got to lyrics then press play

This message was edited Jul 16, 2012 8:02 AM
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 16, 2012
11:07 AM

Post #9207324

Beautiful

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 16, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #9207946

Carey, it won't be America if there are no political lobbyists nor those pesky phone calls!!

Thanks LK. Always good to know others feel the same about America.

Indeed, it is beautiful Betty!!
Thank you!
So happen that last night I watched an hour of documentary film about Gary Sinise leading a USO band entertaining our troops. That's his patriotic way of "Saluting" our military.

Thumbnail by heavenscape

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 17, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9208974

Jaye, the calls don't even make sense anymore! The one from this morning "Are high gas prices making you mad?" DUUUUUHHHH

LK, I am seriously thinking about disconnecting our phone. It's getting pointless - and it's not like Texas is a contested state! I can't imagine what it will be like for my family back in PA...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2012
1:06 PM

Post #9209042

They call the cell phones to Carey. Not just house phones. We disconnected our house phone about a year ago, got tired of paying $50.00 a month, for something we never used.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 18, 2012
7:22 AM

Post #9209987

There are a few swaps open if anyone is interested.

Neck of the woods...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1270225/

Christmas in July...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1270265/

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

July 19, 2012
9:58 PM

Post #9212045

Thanks for the wonderful swap!!!!!!! Next year can't come too soon, lol. Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 23, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #9216337

hiya...omg Crit you made my day!!!
Roflol, don't smack me. But I will be back...been a l o n g hot day. I gotta jump in shower. Hehe, couldn't wait to later to open it...just wanted to let you know it is here anda ima smilin so big...lol even took pics, which I'll post soon as im clean. Haha.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 23, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9216345

Now I'll have to stay up until you post with what you received!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #9216407

Don't make us wait too long!

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 23, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #9216411

Oops sorry to keep you up late...geesh just now having dinner myself, then I'll be falling into my pillow myself!

WELL her are my wonderful treasures! Crit,IWant you to know...I love these. I always give them as gifts but usually dont get them for myself, so I am just giddy you gifted me with them...Dh really likes them too.

So here a very nice door/wall sign.
And a bow...

Thumbnail by Seedtosser1

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 23, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9216427

Oh Judy, that is so nice! Where ya gonna place it?

Seedtosser1

Seedtosser1
Glenview, IL

July 23, 2012
7:47 PM

Post #9216440

Lol dh wants that one for the cottage.

Oh gosh, just love this one!! And the kids will enjpy the candies...hehe i will too.

SO...I have to tell you A sstory of the day/night...Crit also had me in the Raise my baby swap!! Well the stork had a rough ride and baby got a.little broken..tried to revive her, she ended up overly kissed by the sun...I boohood, Being the sweetie she is!! Another one has arrived!! These are red&white...I'm a new mumma again! So in the star planter is my HOTLIPS and mixed with only a few of the candies...so here is my treasures! Theyletssay will be up...oh for ever..
Oh and baby is getti.g planted first thing in the a.m.!

2nd..pic for tonight...temporary home on my deck ..We are admiri.g all.

Thank you again Crit/Patti..love them

Thumbnail by Seedtosser1   Thumbnail by Seedtosser1

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

July 24, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #9216595

Somebody got super spoilt...great RWB!!!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 24, 2012
10:11 PM

Post #9217646

Love it all!!!! Nice selection Patti!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 25, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9217770

Great swap Jaye, everyone has received their pressies! Can't wait till next year!

Jaye's internet service is down, but she will post as soon as she is back online!
Samigal
(Pegi) Norwalk, CA
(Zone 10b)

July 25, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9218498

I hope Jaye will have service soon! Since I've become addicted to this "machine" I would be so lost if I lost my service.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

July 25, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9218519

Miss me?? Lolol.. Pegi, you're so right. I've been lost and now am found since my ISP graciously decide to return my dial up speed to 45kbps!
I can't complain, better that than nothing!

Good job Patti!! I can hear Judy's family squealing over your gifts!
Love that sign!!
When I found out that you're also her RMB swap buddy, aha, I said to myself.. there must be a reason! Glad that you've found the way to sent her new babies.

Ain't over till Marion post pictures. She's been busy remodeling her kitchen, take care of her mum.. but I'll wait...

Yes Kathy, and all fellow swappers.. hope you will join me again next year!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America