Dresden Plate Samplers

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Time for a new thread. We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1262281/

This is the pattern: http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.com/dynamic/?page=Free%20Patterns

We are swapping just the plate. Everyone will do their own background. Also everyone will do their own centers. The pattern calls for the plates to finish at 10". Decide if you want a color scheme or scrappy. Each participant will make 1 plate for each. person, so if we have 12 signed up you will be making 12 plates including your own. Due the end of September.
A slight change of plans...we are now making Dresden plates using pattern of choice. We will still comply with color requests.

SiliOleGma (Karen) I would like Christmas fabrics.

Helenethequeen (Helene) red & white.

Qwilter (Jean) scrappy but not too many dark colors

Catbird (Robin) scrappy all sorts.

Kizmo (Kathy) fall colors: oranges/rust/browns/dk.green/golds/dk.reds.

taters55 (Linda) blues & white.

Quilter5bdsr (Barb) Blue & White.

Heavenscape (Jaye) Bright & scrappy.

Barefoot T (Thunder) Black & white prints, grays & silvers,

abbisgranma (Marion)Scrappy bright spring colors.

Ladydragon5 (Janice) Scrappy batiks

This message was edited Jun 26, 2012 10:32 AM

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Oh Boy I messed this up. If anyone knows how to get rid of all this empty space, "HELP" please.

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

You should be able to just "edit" and backspace all the line feeds out.

Thank you, thank you. Tried that but didn't think it was working. Did it for longer this time

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I'm enjoying ALL the pictures... not as much as ACTUALLY participating BUT at least this way I don't fall further behind!! LOL

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

put your curser on the last line you want to keep than hit delete until the spaces are gone. highlight your last edit and delete this the current edit won't delete until next time - hope this helps. Love the picture.

Tell me if you were not a member how could you post. i tried my laptop and didn't remember my password and I could not do anything other than view. My membership was up so I noticed that you can subsc, to only 1 month !?

sample plate to be christmas pillow.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

I've been in here for many years. I have always been able to post, this is first time I subscribed and only a $5 one because it limited my D-mails unless I joined.

Helene - you always need a name & password even if you aren't a paying member. The Free accounts can only see some of the forums.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

For what I get from here, I have no problem with a subscription. My friends and I live here and I'd be lost without all of you. Sure worth the price to me.....

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Barb, you echoed my sentiments.
I'd be a total recluse without DG!

If a subscription was the only way, I'd have managed it somehow, and now I could, but before It would have been difficult. This is my home also especially now that I'm alone so much.

When I first joined DG, Norm was on the road to an area for two weeks at a time with an occasional weekend at home. I swear that DG kept me sane. I lurked for at least two months and then finally had the nerve to post. And it's been a yearly birthday present to me ever since. You all have kept the lonliness away when I was by myself, you have prayed for my dear husband and myself and those prayers have been felt and answered. I have now a collection of quilting blocks that have been made into placemats for those less fortunate than I and the friendships formed and visits and meetings are the most precious thing in the world to me. I thank you all so very much.....

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Ditto the sentiments above!! Oh Barb, I lurked for about 6 months before I got the nerve to say something or jump in....then somehow Jaye got hold of me and I thank the good Lord for that every day since!!!! The friendships, the laughter, the tears and then of course, the quilt blocks, fabric and so on..........................................

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

same here ^_^ butttt I lurked for about a year.........then a swap got me........the rest, as they say.....is History.........

shopping for a new computer, tyring to find a good deal, have decided I can NOT live with out !!!

Good for you Thunder. How is the water in your area? Perfect weather here to just lock the doors and sit at the machine...oh yes, the hot cup of coffee on the side.

Isn't it wonderful how we all came to find each other???? I have such wonderful memories now.

it sure is like holding hands with each other, in church
I now understand - the password is needed for member or non- makes sense. TU

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

got a pretty package from Helene today! Thank you so much, for everything! yes, this board is surely a 'glue' for friendships!

It's funny how we all come to DG differently. I don't think I did any lurking. It was easier to post and then I'd be updated when there were other posts.. I had only been in one other online community, I still can't seem to get myself around Facebook. Plus, with Facebook, I decided I could not risk having that much of my personal life out there for the public. I don't want my client's contacting me!

I started in the plant and trade forums and then found my way to quilting... then LOOK OUT!!! Kinda hard to explain my connection and friendships to others that have never been involved with a group for this many years.

(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

I found all you lovely people when I was recovering from knee surgery and I did not lurk long either. this was and is the warmest and most welcoming group of all I have joined. I too am so greatful for all the friendships I have made here it is wonderful.
Cher

apron swap that mittsy created - boom I met 12 nice peeps and then more and less and forever changing, some are constant. NICE

REALLY hard to explain to people who have never experienced a warm internet friendship!

it comes with common grounds, we may think it's adiction to fabric, yarn, cooking, photo's,gardening, books,etc.that brings us together.
Niet, Nein, it's the very soull of the people that reflects through their addictions and speaks, embraces and harnesses us in and this makes us a comfortable group. As diversified as we may be,through education,background ,health,wealth and most interesting age. Do you see. I for one enjoy the humor within.

Divine. Helene

I think Debbi brings the sentiments out in me this AM. She is a mean machine.

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

How are you doing with Debbie Helene? Are you in a safe place? Is this affecting your move to NJ? I couldn't believe the pictures of the water spout that I saw. Is that what you were talking about before? We had a small one on a lake here yesterday and it was tossing small boats around like they were nothing... I can't imagine one as big as you get them. Please let us know you are okay when you can. Hugs to you my friend....

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Is it too late for me to get in on this one? I have never done this pattern before and it looks like a challenge. while I have three quilts in the line for completion by this Fall i have missed doing blocks with all of you. I've missed the conversation, the exchanges about new fabric and our ongoing stashes. Missed seeing what you all are up to and what kind of goodie I will get in return mail...so consider me back!

Since I've not even started worning on mine, I have no issues with you joining us.

Glad to see you are back.

Helene and Kathy?Kizmo have both finished theirs. So if they don't mind doing another plate, it's fine with me. Be sure to read the previous thread too so you can see that we are now doing sampler plates. Any number of wedges is OK as long as the plate measures 10 ".

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

I need to decide on the colors for my block and I would love to have scrappy batiks. Love the way the colors look like water colors and mixed should be even better. Hope you all have some in your stash and this wont be a big problem.
I will be at Betty's this weekend and then the next two months are all mine! No vacation plans until end of Sept when I hope to catch up with Barb since we are having a family reunion in New Hampshire's White Mountain. I can't wait for her to show me all those good quilt shops up east.

Janice!!!! It is so good to see you back with us!!! I am so envious of you and Tink for being able to go to Betty's this year....wanted to so very much but just not possible yet. I have absolutely no problem with you joining.....been missing you lady!!!

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

morning All! Nope, I have no problem making more plates, have plenty of my stash left out all over the sewing room! Welcome back Janice!

As soon as Helene checks in, I'll add you to the list. Scrappy batiks? hmmmmm.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Janice, are you looking for any particular color theme in your batik? I have blues and greens at the moment.....maybe a yellow/gold

Welcome back. Did you eve get that DMC embroidery scissor you admired 3 years ago. Hope all is well after all your turbulances.
No prob. I might be late with it because of the move. Color direction pls.! Will make 20 blades. I personally don't like the mixer-upper (as my neighbor carmella would say)

Did want to go to Joanns for the template - Debbi is cramping my style. What a nuisance. Just won't stop 4 days bad before that 2 days just rain - which we needed. I'll make template from Kathy-Kiz.

barb - yes re waterspout. Tornedo scoops up water in it's funnel while above the ocean, then a constant release as it comes ashore ofcourse high winds go with it. Leaving in 3 days and haven't packed. I mean 1/2 a household.

OK Janice we are a goooooo.

Janice Hoping the address is still the same as when you moved. yours (20) blades is in the mail.

The only thing I like about this dresden is you know in which direction to iron. And the final look. Cutting and construction has lots to ask for.

Helene, you are soooo awesome. I know you are busy, busy, busy.

Yep it's out, It'll be OK with whatever color she chooses -

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

we are very wet, but not underwater....no puddles in the yard. it has been rain, then sun, then rain again...all day. they are saying it will be the same for the next 2-3 days....by then we will probably have some puddles....

still looking for a computer, was not wanting to spend the money as I want to go to north carolina, and south carolina, in september. # one son the soldier has a birthday, and it has been quite a few years since I have been able to spend one with him....# 2 son, the sailor, will be having another graduation!! and I want to go !!! time off from work has been approved.!! some how it will work out?!?

Janice, sew happy to have you join in :) I have no problem with batiks..

The water is up to the front step of my Studio. If this rain continues I'll have water inside by morning. Everything is up off the floor or in plastic bins.
My entire back yard and most of the front is underwater.

And still the rain continues to come down.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.