Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
donnadoright
Anaheim, CA

June 24, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9178884

I don't see any bugs, but the tree is not as leafed out as it has always been, and I'm noticing a lot of stems that had leaves a few weeks ago that are empty now. Leaves aren't on the ground, so I assume they're getting completely chewed off. Eventually the stems turn brown and dry out, but it's happening on green stems. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by donnadoright   Thumbnail by donnadoright   Thumbnail by donnadoright
Click an image for an enlarged view.

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9178889

I'm not that familiar with citrus diseases, but given the symptoms I'd also consider a potential cultural issue or disease.
donnadoright
Anaheim, CA

June 24, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #9178971

I'm open to any explanations- I don't know what you mean by cultural issues, though. What should I be looking for?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

June 24, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #9178976

Cultural issues could be issues with watering (too much/too little), issues with soil, fertilizer, etc. I just think the way the tree didn't leaf out well in the first place and the way the stems turn brown after the leaves disappear seems more like a cultural problem or a disease of some sort rather than something eating the leaves.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Pests and Diseases Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hollyhock Rust ??? snuggles 8 Feb 25, 2008 1:41 PM
Pests: Calling all slug experts! (Not for the faint of heart) candleberry 162 Jun 18, 2014 7:41 AM
PROOF that milk kills mildew Wintermoor 26 Jun 26, 2007 4:54 PM
These ants are a bane Dinu 18 Nov 13, 2007 5:18 PM
Getting rid of yellow jackets ButterflyGardnr 23 Jun 18, 2009 2:34 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America