Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Japanese Maples: Grandma Ghost?

Communities > Forums > Japanese Maples
bookmark
Forum: Japanese MaplesReplies: 2, Views: 75
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

June 24, 2012
3:10 PM

Post #9178921

I got this maple in a batch of several. As I recall, the guy grabbed this as an after-thought and said, you'll like this one, Grandma Ghost (I am a grandma). I've searched online and get a wide variety of photos, none that match perfectly. Can I safely call this Grandma's Ghost and not be too far off? This photo was taken today, so this is the spring/summer coloring. I haven't had it through the fall yet so don't know what it might do then. Thanks for any insight.

Thumbnail by bonehead
Click the image for an enlarged view.

wha
Pepperell, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 24, 2012
7:19 PM

Post #9179244

sometimes young trees do not look exactly like they will after a few years - so for now grandma ghost is a good bet until proven otherwise.
PamelaQ
Navarre, FL
(Zone 8b)

June 27, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #9183624

That sure is a pretty JM. It can only get prettier in the Fall!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Japanese Maples Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Japanese maple Ginger_H 6 Sep 13, 2008 11:19 PM
Threadleaf Japanese Maple hczone6 6 Mar 1, 2010 1:36 AM
MY jm's that survived and thrived last winter zone 5b Davidsan 38 Feb 26, 2010 12:05 AM
Largosmom's Japanese Maples largosmom 62 Nov 22, 2007 8:55 PM
Can you tell me what kind this is? nikki_conway 23 Apr 17, 2008 1:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America