Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Bromeliads: Nice Neo.

Communities > Forums > Bromeliads
bookmark
Forum: BromeliadsReplies: 6, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

olddude

olddude
Big Pine Key, FL
(Zone 11)

June 25, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #9179620

I just came across this Neo. hidden in a back corner of a local retail nursery near Key West. It was labled 'Angel Face' but clearly that was incorrect. After a bit of searching and with help from another brom forum the name is Neo. 'Jill' from Bullis Bromeliads.
I like the stoloniferous growth habit of this plant.
Scott

Thumbnail by olddude   Thumbnail by olddude   Thumbnail by olddude
Click an image for an enlarged view.

plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

June 25, 2012
6:13 PM

Post #9180890

There are so many beautiful Neos. Sometimes it is hard to pass them up.

Thumbnail by plantsforpeg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 30, 2012
7:09 PM

Post #9224259

Hi Olddude -

nice plant, I love those kinds of finds. Where is the nursery near Key West? My husband and I go there a few times each year and I've stopped at the nurseries on the way, but am always looking for one when we go there.
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

July 31, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9224546

Please show us more of your brom collection.

Thumbnail by plantsforpeg
Click the image for an enlarged view.

olddude

olddude
Big Pine Key, FL
(Zone 11)

August 6, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #9231482

FLbunnie,
This nursery is on Rockland Key, just before Boca Chica and just after Big Coppit as you are heading toward Key West. The name is Mama's Rock and Sand and it is located behind an adult bookstore of all places. Look for it on the Gulf side of US1. It is one of the top 2 or 3 nurseries in the Keys.

Another very cool nursery(if you like to prowl around an old, overgrown nursery looking for bargains) is Return to Eden nursery in Marathon. Hard to find as it is off US1 on the oceanside on 74th st. There is only a 3' high sign on the roadside. Not many plants have prices and the owner is getting on in years so be ready to haggle a little when he names a price.

See ya, Scott
floridabunnie
Cape Coral, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 8, 2012
6:06 PM

Post #9234930

Scott -

Thanks for the info. We are getting ready to had down that way in November and I will be sure to look them up. I actually kind of like some of those nurseries that have a little bit of everything.
plantsforpeg
Ventress, LA
(Zone 8b)

August 8, 2012
6:43 PM

Post #9234974

Sure wish Florida was closer to me.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Bromeliads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
bromeliads ..how to propogate????? pixiedust 11 Jan 10, 2009 5:14 AM
Aechmea Blue Tango giancarlo 16 Feb 4, 2008 7:24 AM
My cryptanthus collection Chris_Lorry 30 Mar 2, 2009 12:43 PM
Growing a pineapple from the store. mikekilhoffer 20 Feb 18, 2009 7:49 PM
Looking to trade for colorful Bromeliads and similar plants. bwilliams 10 Jan 14, 2008 9:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America