Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

St. Louis Area - Cactus & Succulent Show & Sale

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

FYI, if anyone near the St. Louis area is interested. I'm going to check out the sale!!

July 7th - 10th, 2012
Henry Shaw Cactus Society Show and Sale
Missouri Botanical Garden - Orthwein Floral Display Hall

Choose from a wide array of cacti and succulents shown and sold by the area’s top growers, including thousands of rare specimens and starter plants priced from $1.50. Cactus Society members will also be on hand to answer questions and give plant care advice.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/things-to-do/events/event-details/sreventid/471.aspx

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

I plan on being there on the 7th.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

Me too! Are you a vendor?

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

No. I'm a buyer, LOL.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

How funny! I hope you have a safe trip. Have you been to this specific sale before? I'm hoping to get some Lithops there, I hope I'm not disappointed.

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

No. First time for the show and sale. I went to a conference (with free admission to the Missouri Botanical Garden) three years ago and bought some plants there.

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Here are a few pictures from the show. #1. a few very large Gymnocalyciums. #2. This one was real nice. #3. Maihueniopsis atacamensis. #4. Carnegia gigantia.

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Gymnocalycium mihanovichii cv. 'Hibotan Nishiki', Ferocactus gracilus, Ferocactus pilosus, Frocactus rekoi v. rectaspinus.

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Pachypodium lamerei crest graft, Euphorbia antiquorum crest, Pachypodium eburneum, Pachypodium horombense.

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Some very small dish gardens. Notice the quarter in the first picture.

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

And my haul, including the stand from Gringo Jones ( thanks Jaime).

This message was edited Jul 7, 2012 9:55 PM

This message was edited Jul 7, 2012 9:55 PM

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

What a great haul you got!! And weren't those little dish gardens so cute? They were my favorite!!

Here are my few that I came home with. LOL, I have no idea what their proper names are. They didn't come with tags, and I am a beginner.

First is the planter I'm giving as a gift to my daughter's sitter for her birthday. Of course I had to come home and repot them for display!

Thumbnail by jaimelemon Thumbnail by jaimelemon
St. Louis, MO(Zone 6a)

And my Lithops, the sole reason I went. :)

Thumbnail by jaimelemon Thumbnail by jaimelemon Thumbnail by jaimelemon Thumbnail by jaimelemon Thumbnail by jaimelemon
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Hre are the two I bought. And some that have survived over a year now.

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.