variegated maya

Pensacola, FL(Zone 8b)

im new to plumerias and here is my first one

Thumbnail by pensacolagarden
Baton Rouge, LA

That's how it starts - with one. Before you know it, you're running out of space.

Nice looking plant.

Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

HI -

Pensacolagarden - I love your varigated plumie! What a nice plant to start off with. I currently only have one plumeria, which was given to me. I am interested in getting more myself.

JAg1224 - Have you started any from seed? Is this difficult?

Baton Rouge, LA

I have many seedlings and am now experimenting with cross pollinating some. They are not difficult, but they do take a lot of patience. If you are lucky, you can get one to bloom in two years, but it is more likely it will take three to five or more years for them to bloom.

These are a few of my seedlings.

Thumbnail by Jag1224 Thumbnail by Jag1224 Thumbnail by Jag1224 Thumbnail by Jag1224
Cape Coral, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi Jag -

your seedlings are beautiful! I especially love the yellow and white - the petals are so unique! I think you have inspired me to give it a try!

Mulberry, FL

Nice Maya keep it out of the sun they don't like it

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Jag1224 I live near Baton Rouge in Central and love plumerias.

Thumbnail by jeri11
Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Jeri, I live in Shenandoah. Looks like you have a lot of open space to add plumerias. Mine are getting too crowded and I will soon have to make some difficult choices. Every tome I try to thin them out - it's like, not this one, not this one,...

This message was edited Jul 15, 2012 10:03 PM

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

LOL!!! I do have plenty of room. We have 7 acres in Central. I'm maybe 5 miles from you until the thruway is finished. If that ever happens. Then we should be even closer.

Do you ever get out this way. I would love for you to come by and visit my garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.