Photo by Melody

Garden Shed: Best Home-Gardener Tank Sprayer?

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 15, Views: 143
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gracye
Warrenton, VA

June 29, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #9186507

Hello, I hope that someone can help me. I am looking for a reliable, 1 - 2 gallon tank sprayer. I appreciate your advice, especially from user who have had their sprayer a couple of years or so. I spent some money on one last year - it was highly touted as "the best," but was all plastic and leaked horribly - all over my hands! It was a no-pump type, where the water hose does the work. Also, I found out that I could not see how much water had gone into my tank! Very bad design! Can someone help? I prefer made-in-America products as well.
BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2012
4:53 PM

Post #9194488

Hi Gracye,
I have had at least 6 hand pump sprayers (2 gal.) and none of them lasted very long. Finally my husb. came home from Tractor Supply with a 15 gal. tank I believe the brand is Femco. He welded up a little trailor to fit it wired it so I can just connect it to battery on my lawn mower and I drive it around and spray. It has a very long hose which I just wrap around one of my legs to keep it out of my way. I use it for fertilizing and herbicide. After every use I wash it out very thoroughly. I always had trouble with nozzels leaking or spraying everywhere except where I needed it. This setup has bee wonderful. I can herbicicde along our road out front and not run out until I'm finished and usually still have some left for doing along pasture fence.
I did a lot of research on one that you pulled along behind you and it pumped itself up but it was almost as expensive as this tank one so I never got it.
Hope you have luck finding one reliable. I still have a 2 gal. hand spraying I got from Ace Hdw. but rarely use it.

trackinsand

trackinsand
mid central, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 5, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9194702

i have an Ace brand from Ace Hardware, the one gallon. actually, i have three. they might be all plastic but they last. i've had the one for going on 7 yrs. and never a problem. they are nice and thick...but at one gallon, not heavy. they are the pump up kind. i did notice on the last one i purchased (they're about 12 dollars) that i had to use my drimmel. it has some sharp spots from a bad mold or someone didn't clean it up after it came out of the mold. i love them.

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #9198989

Fimco 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer at Tractor Supply.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/lawn-trailer-sprayers-spot-sprayers/fimco-15-gallon-spot-sprayer-2138134?zoneMarketInfo=2-9&reqUrl=/lawn-trailer-sprayers-spot-sprayers/fimco-15-gallon-spot-sprayer-2138134&langId=-1&storeId=10551&storeCity=city, state&catalogId=10001&storeZip=77074&ddkey=http:LocationBasedPricingCmd

olddude

olddude
Big Pine Key, FL
(Zone 11)

August 20, 2012
3:46 AM

Post #9247224

Bite the bullet and buy Solo.
Scott
Blake_Schreck
Fort Collins, CO
(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9247520

Great Sprayers: http://www.bgequip.com/index.html

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

August 20, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #9247684

Blake,
Did you mean this one with the LIFETIME WARRANTY? Approximately how much does it weigh when it's completely filled, since it's metal instead of rubber/plastic?

http://www.sprayersdirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=42012500&Category_Code=

Thanks!

Linda

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

August 20, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #9247685

Olddude,
Do you have a link to the Solo tank?

olddude

olddude
Big Pine Key, FL
(Zone 11)

August 20, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #9247959

Link for solo sprayers. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&Ntt=solo
Scott
Blake_Schreck
Fort Collins, CO
(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9248602

Linda,

I'm not sure how much it weighs. I've only used the plastic "retail" models and because of how long they've lasted, (compared with most available today) we are considering selling them through our online store. We've also had customers ask us to carry their sprayers.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

August 21, 2012
7:39 AM

Post #9248769

So you've only used the plastic ones --- that keep breaking on me.

I think I need to go with that metal sprayer, with the lifetime warranty, once, and for all time. I've already spent upwards of $60 on three plastic sprayers that are now broken. The last one I used only once...

Thanks for the link!
Gracye
Warrenton, VA

August 25, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #9252979

Hello,

I ended up buying a Chapin Yard and Garden 2-Gallon Stainless Steel Plus Sprayer 36140. I have used it for about 7 times now, and LOVE IT. The 2 gallon capacity is perfect for my needs, and so far, it does seem to be serious sprayer.
I love the spray adjustment, but this sprayer gets heavy and cumbersome, so it badly needs a permanent handle placed on the side, to easily lift and carry it. The shoulder strap is not well designed, therein the need for this handle.
But, I am putting up with this inconvenience as I really need the sprayer and tank to work well for me, which this does seem to do.
Also, it is very easily washed out.
I bought mine through Amazon.

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #9253120

Just read a review that says the Chains doesn't have a pressure release valve and whatever is in the tank can spew out on you.

I'm more inclined to go with the metal tank from sprayers direct at the link above. Lifetime warranty, mostly metal parts, and $40 less.

Thanks,

Linda

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

October 10, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9301639

I just ordered the one from Sprayersdirect. Will let ya'll know how it works.

Prayerfully, it's the last one I'll EVER have to buy!

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

October 18, 2012
1:52 PM

Post #9309075

LOOKIE!!!

It is sooooooooooooo cute! I already know I'm gonna love it!

Hugs!

Linda

http://www.sprayersdirect.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=42012500&Category_Code=

Thumbnail by Gymgirl
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Gracye
Warrenton, VA

November 6, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9326437

Yep, Gymgirl, it's a TON cuter than what I bought! Guess I got a male sprayer...LOL!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America