Photo by Melody

Peppers: Something eating my pimentos - ID?

Communities > Forums > Peppers
bookmark
Forum: PeppersReplies: 2, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Cybrczch

Cybrczch
Lincoln, NE
(Zone 5b)

June 30, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #9187885

Variety - Lipstick (pimiento type) - this is the only variety that it appears to be happening to.
The peppers are fairly close to the ground, higher ones haven't developed much yet.
Haven't seen any critters on the plants. The white spots are fertilizer splash.

Thumbnail by Cybrczch   Thumbnail by Cybrczch
Click an image for an enlarged view.

cyberageous
Everglades, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 5, 2012
10:34 AM

Post #9230324

I have that on one particular variety of pepper- my favorite, of course! It looks like the little white fly got to it. They are tiny, tiny. If you shake the bush it almost looks like ashes are coming off. I did notice that if I plant my peppers amongst cuban oregano- very aromatic, the bugs stay away. Also, we crumble a cuban oregano leaf and and rub it on our legs to repel mosquitoes. You smell like Italian salad dressing all day but who cares!
If you go for the pesticides, make sure you get one with a "spreader sticker' AND spray the bottom side of the leaves too. I don't have a "preader sticker so I have to spray every other day.

kittriana

kittriana
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

August 7, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9233063

You do have a spreader sticker on your kitchen sink! Lo sudsing dish soap is an excellent spreader sticker! ESP since that is what it is anyway!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Peppers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Name This Sweet, Sweet Pepper Tplant 117 Apr 3, 2008 12:24 AM
pepper plants started HERBIE43 7 Oct 11, 2007 12:56 PM
Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers - What Do You Do With Them? Breezymeadow 21 Mar 20, 2008 2:58 AM
fish peppers up and growing HERBIE43 32 Jul 24, 2009 8:35 PM
Peppers resource thread - opinions & suggestions, please Terry 13 Aug 31, 2010 10:38 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America